SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Discussion Group

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Discussion Group Empty Brooks Discussion Group

Post by IrishGal Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi! Just trying to open discussion up about the Final 3.
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Brooks Discussion Group Empty Re: Brooks Discussion Group

Post by pavalygurl Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:10 pm

I must have missed the Star magazine article about him. I know it was him saying "I'm not gay", Anything else to report?

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Oh no! That's just not right that he has to respond to that. Drew is having to deal with it too. Maybe they are just to sexy? Had this ever happened to this extent in past seasons?

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by sushifan Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Never heard it to this extent! Most of it was twitter/blog chatter until the Star article.
sushifan
sushifan

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:52 pm

What did you guys think of the Des-Brooks meetup at the ATFR?
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:11 am

veg_out wrote:What did you guys think of the Des-Brooks meetup at the ATFR?
Desiree seemed to have totally moved on. I don't think that she was intending to be mean ... but she said something like, "oh yeah, when you left it was all great." I also thought that Des looked about 10x prettier and well-rested at ATFR so I do think that towards the end of filming her season, she was overly emotional because she was operating on little sleep & crazy travel. I think some of her tears were not just "I am losing the man of my dreams" but also tears of physical and emotional exhaustion.

Brooks seemed a bit uneasy and uncomfortable at ATFR probably because he did not know what to expect! Brooks seems very genuine and kind. I totally believe that he was over her at ATFR as he was pulling away already on the show and I believed him when he said to Chris H that he had been in love before and even wanted to marry the person so he had a great prior relationship to compare his feelings. I also believed him back at finale part 1 - when he said in limo that he had hoped Des was further along in her relationship with Chris & Drew.

I 100 percent believed that he never loved Des - or even came close - and for that reason he really did not have much to get over ... except the burden of the world thinking you were Des F1 for 11 weeks thanks to all those crazy spoilers. He was asked in that media interview whether he and Des met in real world off show whether they would have had a shot, and again, he said no. So I am sure he thought she was pretty but in the end; she was not his type.

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:02 am

I thought they both looked uncomfortable and it made me feel a tad uncomfortable to watch.  I don't think that meant they were were still in lurve or anything but considering the last time they saw each other, I can understand why they might be nervous sitting on that little couch where they both seemed to be trying to get as far away from each other as they could.  I think the circumstances of the show make couples who are infatuated with one another during the time they are in the bubble.  Obviously, Des was way more infatuated with Brooks than he was with her during filming.  It appeared she had moved way past that by the time they filmed ATFR.

The couples who make it out of the bubble and truly fall in love while surviving the airing of the episodes are few and far between.  They seem to be doing just that and I'll enjoy following them from afar by reading the updates that I'm sure people will post to this site.

There is one thing I don't understand about some of the comments I have read - why do some think that Brooks was too intelligent for Des?  I never got that impression at all while watching - never noticed him being all that cerebral.

"In the end this show is like life more than it's not really....  Sometimes you get Jash and sometimes you get Courtney/Vienna.  The stinky ones squirt out 15 minutes of fame and the good ones make lemonade from their lemons.  It's all what you make of it." - auntie
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by sushifan Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:38 am

MVMom39forever wrote:
Desiree seemed to have totally moved on. I don't think that she was intending to be mean ... but she said something like, "oh yeah, when you left it was all great." I also thought that Des looked about 10x prettier and well-rested at ATFR so I do think that towards the end of filming her season, she was overly emotional because she was operating on little sleep & crazy travel. I think some of her tears were not just "I am losing the man of my dreams" but also tears of physical and emotional exhaustion.

Brooks seemed a bit uneasy and uncomfortable at ATFR probably because he did not know what to expect! Brooks seems very genuine and kind. I totally believe that he was over her at ATFR as he was pulling away already on the show and I believed him when he said to Chris H that he had been in love before and even wanted to marry the person so he had a great prior relationship to compare his feelings. I also believed him back at finale part 1 - when he said in limo that he had hoped Des was further along in her relationship with Chris & Drew.

I 100 percent believed that he never loved Des - or even came close - and for that reason he really did not have much to get over ... except the burden of the world thinking you were Des F1 for 11 weeks thanks to all those crazy spoilers. He was asked in that media interview whether he and Des met in real world off show whether they would have had a shot, and again, he said no. So I am sure he thought she was pretty but in the end; she was not his type.

Agree with all of this, but wanted to highlight the bolded. I think Des was EXHAUSTED by the end of the show. She had very little left in the tank, physically and emotionally. We've seen this before with other leads - I recall Ashley and Jillian both looking depleted from all the late nights and producer manipulation. (Hard to tell with Emily because her face always looks the same.) Her emotion over Brooks was real, but also probably heightened because of the lack of sleep and support system, as well as the overabundance of producers in her ear, etc.
sushifan
sushifan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:27 am

Kashathediva wrote:
What I am trying to say is exactly what I posted---things are sleuthed out and not posted in order to defer what was  caused by singling me out with the bolded.
Information was not posted to defray from a discussion that would only have been heated which ---by the bolded terms indicated were on target.
I hope you don't mind that I brought your comment into this thread to disduss, Kasha.  :Biggrin: 

I absolutely hate what has happened the last two seasons of the bachelorette in our discussions.  For some reason, both 1F and Dudley have a fandom that just won't tolerate anything that might be perceived to be the least bit negative about their favs.  In this instance, I think I understand what you are trying to say and in my opinion, it had nothing to do with starting a fight with Dudley's fans.  I don't mean to speak for you, but I interpreted your comment to mean that sleuthers are not posting about certain findings because a few fans (not all) would take offense.  We can't sleuth in the threads where we should be posting that kind of stuff.  I didn't follow the individual contestant discussion threads this season because I'm not a huge fan of any one person.  I do, however, like to follow the sleuthers, but I had to search for where they were posting things because the F1 thread was used as a fan thread.  I realize it happens with all fandoms, but 1F and Dudley stand out to be the worst since this board was established for me.

Please fellow board members, use the fan threads to fangirl and let the discussion threads be used to discuss all the good, bad and ugly opinions, sleuthing and snarking!

Disclaimer:  I'm not telling anyone how to think, feel, or what to post.  I personally don't care who or what any of you like or think.  When I disagree with something, I usually say so or giggle to myself and move on.  What I am saying is please please please post stuff in the appropriate threads so those of us who normally are not here all day every day have a chance to catch up and not have to slog through posts we're not interested in.

ARGH.  That is all.

"In the end this show is like life more than it's not really....  Sometimes you get Jash and sometimes you get Courtney/Vienna.  The stinky ones squirt out 15 minutes of fame and the good ones make lemonade from their lemons.  It's all what you make of it." - auntie
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:52 am

I certainly don't mind that you brought my post over. You did understand me correctly.
On most days, if I have something that differs from the current state of emotions--unless it is very funny--I will nix it or strongly think about nixing it.
I realize my funny is not often mainstream funny. Oh well.
Sometimes I will post things I find and will not even post what I think about it. But that still can be a hot topic. Oh well.
It is a conundrum

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:41 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I certainly don't mind that you brought my post over.  You did understand me correctly.
On most days, if I have something that differs from the current state of emotions--unless it is very funny--I will nix it or strongly think about nixing it.
I realize my funny is not often mainstream funny. Oh well.
Sometimes I will post things I find and will not even post what I think about it. But that still can be a hot topic. Oh well.
It is a conundrum
Please just post away! More truth the better ... especially in the non-fan threads were the spoilers/spleuthing is supposed to be taking place. There were fan threads set up for Final Four but a few super fans for Brooks - in particular - tended to post everywhere singing his glories (and she did same thing last season with 1F). Yes, I am sure Brooks is a fine guy but really there were more things to chat about as the edit/screen cap analysis was certainly not adding up for him to be F1.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Who's Dudley?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Discussion Group

+48
jlccaz