SELECT CONTENT

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion

Page 2 of 45 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion

Post by mercieme Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:17 am

grace8136 wrote:
mercieme wrote:I just got to the the Hearts section of Diamond & Hearts. For those that have read it, what are your thoughts on "Concealed Truth", it's making me wonder about a whole lot hmmm 

“Concealed Truth”
Well stories unfold not true, But opposite of what you expect them to do. You are here for the right reasons, Experience is new, But jaded you may be once the journey is through. Unless all was revealed in an instance.

New decisions for you may be hard. Perspective you’ll keep, But wrong thought this might be, The process, the downfall and existence. Keep in mind some feelings are real, Expressed by those who are ready and feel. You can be the one, Easy decision is none, Don’t be blinded by the ones who conceal.

Here is Chris's synopsis of "Concealed Truth"
Here we have one of my poems that I felt compelled to write at 2: 30 in the morning because I could not sleep. The last line in stanza one speaks to the possibility that, while I was on the show for the right reasons, others may have not been and it was potentially going to leave a sour taste in my mouth after the journey was all said and done. Stanza two speaks directly to Des. When drama broke out between some of the guys, I was worried that it may be overwhelming for her. The reason I use the words “Perspective you’ll keep, but wrong thought this might be,” is because I was afraid she may not see the true side of some people in the house, or at least the side that we saw. Line five I will leave up to you to analyze. Let’s just say it is thought provoking…

Siegfried, Chris; Hartsock, Desiree (2013-08-19). Diamonds and Hearts - A Poetic Memoir (Kindle Locations 1169-1173).  . Kindle Edition.
First, just a suggestion.. I think we better be careful about copying his words or pictures, they are copyrighted and could hurt his sales. I discussed this one in a PM yesterday. I believe that the line.. the process, the downfall, the existence.. is about how Des was in for real, but so many weren't and in this process she could be lead down the wrong path to a downfall (Brooks) and their existence (living with him being called the f2). At the time, it may have just been about James or Ben or Bryden, but it is thought provoking because it took on greater meaning later. Just a guess.

I am sort of thinking that Chris saw some of what was happening to Des and stayed the course for her to have a good ending on this show. He put his pride aside because he loved her and in the end it all worked out.
Very good point Grace to not copy his writings into the thread....hopefully everyone gets the book at some point and we can continue to dialogue about it.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:24 am

SLA44 wrote:
mercieme wrote:I just got to the the Hearts section of Diamond & Hearts. For those that have read it, what are your thoughts on "Concealed Truth", it's making me wonder about a whole lot hmmm 

“Concealed Truth”
Well stories unfold not true, But opposite of what you expect them to do. You are here for the right reasons, Experience is new, But jaded you may be once the journey is through. Unless all was revealed in an instance.

New decisions for you may be hard. Perspective you’ll keep, But wrong thought this might be, The process, the downfall and existence. Keep in mind some feelings are real, Expressed by those who are ready and feel. You can be the one, Easy decision is none, Don’t be blinded by the ones who conceal.

Here we have one of my poems that I felt compelled to write at 2: 30 in the morning because I could not sleep. The last line in stanza one speaks to the possibility that, while I was on the show for the right reasons, others may have not been and it was potentially going to leave a sour taste in my mouth after the journey was all said and done. Stanza two speaks directly to Des. When drama broke out between some of the guys, I was worried that it may be overwhelming for her. The reason I use the words “Perspective you’ll keep, but wrong thought this might be,” is because I was afraid she may not see the true side of some people in the house, or at least the side that we saw. Line five I will leave up to you to analyze. Let’s just say it is thought provoking…

Siegfried, Chris; Hartsock, Desiree (2013-08-19). Diamonds and Hearts - A Poetic Memoir (Kindle Locations 1169-1173).  . Kindle Edition.
I sure wish the hardcopy/paperback editions were out.  But thanks for passing this along.  I don't think Chris probably liked some of the stuff he saw going on during the show filming.  It would go against his grain, he is too much of a gentleman and up standing guy.  Have you read "Revised Editions" yet?  Did you see my post regarding this poem above?  I would like to get your opinion on that poem.  Thank you in advance.
I thought Revised Editions was a light hearted poke at the show. Nothing major we don't already know and very early on in the show. So for me, it didn't have any deep meaning, but could be wrong of course. :greenman: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:31 am

mercieme wrote:Based on his writing in "Distance in Mind", the main reason he brought up the move to Seattle was because he felt that distance apart was not a good recipe for their relationship to succeed. He noted this in "Distance in Mind". The only thing about the job is he wanted to be able to provide for her, Chris continues to amaze me for someone that is only 27!!!!
I totally agree. He is something else. His parents should be very proud of the man they raised. Des really got a keeper.

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:31 am

Oh my days, I love love the "Hearts" section of this poetic memoir, "Last Thoughts" is unreal, my heart is beatingheart Des is a super lucky girl giggling

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:38 am

SLA44 wrote:I have a question that I hope someone that has already gotten the book from Amazon can answer for me.  I have seen a thread/post on the ABC Board that has made me angry and I would like to know what your impression of the poem 'Revised Edition' is.  I have put most of what was posted by the person below:

Someone has posted a thread on the ABC Bachelorette Board "Poem in Chris Siegfried's book criticizes the show" The poster also accused Chris of not waiting out the required time period to dish out secrets and criticize producer manipulation.  The poster goes on to say "It would appear that one of his poems in the book Chris accuses the show of misrepresenting contestants through deceptive editing.  The poem is titled "Revised Edition". The poster said she has not read it but a reviewer who says the poem reveals the grueling world of reality TV and how "editors have become gods" trying to manipulate and control viewers thoughts about contestants by portraying them a certain way. 

I found the review and this is what the review said:
'Revised Editions' spoke to me of the grueling world of reality TV and how its editors have become 'gods' in the sense that they literally can control the thoughts of its viewers but hopefully we all know that it is all for ratings and things are never truly as they are portrayed.

To me that is two different things and the poster just twisted it around to make Chris look bad.  I responded to that post by citing the actual words that were in the review.  I also responded with this:
Chris is an educated and intelligent young man and I doubt very seriously if he would do something that would violate the terms of the contract he signed knowing that there is a very steep penalty for doing so.

I would be interested in anyone's take on that particular poem that read the book.  It is no wonder where the rag mags come up with such ridiculous stories with this kind of stuff being posted on the ABC board. 

BTW all the reviews on Amazon about Chris' book were positive and his book so far has a 4.5 star rating!!  I can't wait until it comes out in hardcopy or paperback so I can get my own copy.
grace8136 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:

“Concealed Truth”

I sure wish the hardcopy/paperback editions were out.  But thanks for passing this along.  I don't think Chris probably liked some of the stuff he saw going on during the show filming.  It would go against his grain, he is too much of a gentleman and up standing guy.  Have you read "Revised Editions" yet?  Did you see my post regarding this poem above?  I would like to get your opinion on that poem.  Thank you in advance.
I thought Revised Editions was a light hearted poke at the show. Nothing major we don't already know and very early on in the show. So for me, it didn't have any deep meaning, but could be wrong of course. :greenman: 
Did Revised Editions relate to what was posted on the ABC board is my question? I really did not like to someone insinuating that Chris had broken the conditions of his contract. Also what the poster was saying he said is different than what the reviewer had sad. I was just trying to find out the truth of what was really said in that poem.

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:56 am

Does anyone know when the paperback/hardcover will be released?

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:37 am

2boys3girls wrote:Does anyone know when the paperback/hardcover will be released?
They didn't say other than it will follow soon.....I checked Zack K's twitter feed today to confirm that.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:42 am

[quote="SLA44"]
SLA44 wrote:
Did Revised Editions relate to what was posted on the ABC board is my question?  I really did not like to someone insinuating that Chris had broken the conditions of his contract.  Also what the poster was saying he said is different than what the reviewer had sad.  I was just trying to find out the truth of what was really said in that poem.
SLA, in my opinion "Revised Editions" did no say anything other than the fact that the real important thing for him is to focus on Des and not get distracted by drama that is inevitable since they have to sell a good show. This is a fact that everyone knows that producers have to manufacture drama to keep interest in a show like this for some folks, so to me Chris was just stating the obvious.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by BachNoFoolMe Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:42 am

Since he's part of Chris's book...thought I would go ahead & post this here. Really cute pic of Zack Kalter & his niece. I went ahead & posted it to his contestant thread but wanted to make sure it was looked at...just too darling for words..... :cutesmile!: 

Zack Kalter ‏@ZackKalter  20 Aug  
I don't normally post similar photos but just found this looking through my camera roll. She's a… http://instagram.com/p/dQXlImN2_2/
BachNoFoolMe
BachNoFoolMe

Female Posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:46 am

mercieme wrote:
2boys3girls wrote:Does anyone know when the paperback/hardcover will be released?
They didn't say other than it will follow soon.....I checked Zack K's twitter feed today to confirm that.
I am also waiting for the paperback/hardcopy editions to come out so I hope as soon as anyone hears anything about the release date they will let us know. I have checked Barnes & Noble website and there is nothing and the ISBN # that was listed on Amazon is showing as not found. I wonder if Amazon will be the only place the books will be available. no idea 

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:48 am

BachNoFoolMe wrote:Since he's part of Chris's book...thought I would go ahead & post this here. Really cute pic of Zack Kalter & his niece. I went ahead & posted it to his contestant thread but wanted to make sure it was looked at...just too darling for words..... :cutesmile!: 

I don't normally post similar photos but just found this looking through my camera roll. She's a… http://instagram.com/p/dQXlImN2_2/
That's really cute, what an awesome uncle he is :Smiley: 

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:58 am

BachNoFoolMe wrote:Since he's part of Chris's book...thought I would go ahead & post this here. Really cute pic of Zack Kalter & his niece. I went ahead & posted it to his contestant thread but wanted to make sure it was looked at...just too darling for words..... :cutesmile!: 

That picture is way too cute!! What a great uncle Zack is!!
SLA44
SLA44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 45 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion

+91
provenceguy
Maddy
intheroom
Stacia620
StacyNor