SELECT CONTENT

HGTV Shows

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HGTV Shows - Page 2 Empty Re: HGTV Shows

Post by atem Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:26 am

Drew Scott will be having a live chat on Facebook before the movie https://www.facebook.com/events/684346601677957/

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Thanks atem!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:26 am

california90 wrote:I looove Property Brothers on HGTV and I didn't know that Jonathan Scott was asked to be on The Bachelor! I'd soooo sign up if that werethe case HGTV Shows - Page 2 3308817427 http://parade.com/302032/ashleighschmitz/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-property-brothers-star-jonathan-scott/ (but he turned it down)

stuckinsc wrote:Drew was an actor in a Hallmark movie this season.  I love Jonathan too and on the new Property Brothers at Home, they said that Drew has a girlfriend, but Jonathan doesn't.

california90 wrote:I didn't know Drew still did acting? Although they were meant for TV in some ways. Now that Drew has a girlfriend, I'm curious as to when Jonathan will too cause he was married before.

I brought these from the General Chit Chat thread since we have one for HGTV. I like Drew & Jonathan also and didn't know that they started out acting. They seem to be doing very well these days.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15308

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:35 am

(oh excuse me, i didnt realize we had a HGTV forum!)

They do seem to doing well- seem very workaholics, but I guess that is good!

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:14 pm

They have a Tiny House Big Living marathon all day long. I've been watching it for the last several hours off and on. A 20 yr old girl built one with the help of her Dad. Mortgage free and all for $12,000 with everything modern and new. I like minimal living, and this new craze IMO is a brilliant idea to owning your own home. (Not good for my business, but what the hey)

The first time I saw this was several years ago, and I thought how can anyone live in that. It was mostly reclaimed supplies that didn't look that great. Several years later, they are really using their imagination to make it work.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:47 pm

I've watched a few of those shows, GA. I see the benefit but don't think I want to do that. About the smallest I'd consider is a condo but no plans on leaving our house. We already downsized 4 years ago.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:14 am

The tinist house I would want is like a shipping contain turn into a 1 bed room house, as long as it is well insulated for the winter, laugh out loud. These houses are too tiny for me. Love the ideas the guy has though his is a genius, very creative.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:43 pm

Some of the tiny houses are not quite as tiny...400sq ft. That is doable. I find the ones that they can just hitch up to a truck and move are smaller. It's a great idea but not necessarily for someone getting older. Trying to get up to some of those lofts is not exactly practical for seniors. I do enjoy seeing just how innovative the designers can get and the storage ideas are very practical. There was one where a couple built a regular one bedroom on a vineyard. It was about 400 sq ft and beautifully done. I would live there in a heartbeat!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:38 pm

This is an interesting article for fans of Fixer Upper. It seems that some are using their homes as vacation rentals and the show may change the contract signed by purchasers to include that. I can't say I blame them although
Fixer Upper houses becoming popular vacation rentals.

This is also interesting and she has some links if you want more, like how to apply to be on the show.

http://hookedonhouses.net/2016/03/28/10-things-you-wanted-to-know-about-fixer-upper-on-hgtv/

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue May 15, 2018 3:37 pm

I think Love or List it Vancouver is part of HGTV.  

Anyway just saw on the news that a couple that had their home redone on this show are suing the show for shoddy work done on their home.  It was only a matter of time that this was going to happen.  Now it was mentioned that an actor was there doing work and had no experience at all.  Don't think they are referring to Jillian but who knows.

I do know someone that had their home done on that show and they said she only comes on when it's time to talk to the TV audience, she does nothing else.  I know I was disappointed to hear that because I thought she used some input in the design.

I guess if the TV audience only knew what really goes on in these reality shows they would no longer watch them. scratch

I found the article.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/love-it-or-list-it-vancouver-1.4659791

HGTV Shows - Page 2 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat May 27, 2023 2:54 pm

I recently started watching a show on HGTV called Home In a Heartbeat with Galey Alix and really like it! What I didn't know is that she's been dating Dale Moss for the last year. ‘Bachelorette’ Alum Dale Moss and ‘Home In a Heartbeat’ Host Galey Alix’s Relationship Timeline I looked at their Instagram pages and see a little of them together but it looks like they're keeping it somewhat quiet but not hidden.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat May 27, 2023 8:47 pm

By the comments quoted in the link you posted @albean99 they seem incredibly happy. Good for them!

I will have to check to see if I get that show on my HGTV channel.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down