SELECT CONTENT

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion

Page 38 of 61 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 49 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion

Post by FLChica Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:16 pm

bleuberry wrote:What does Jason do for a living anyway?
As little as possible.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:22 pm

ITA. He floats like a balloon. He was that way before the show, too.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by just2relax Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:38 pm

He says he's selling real estate now.

just2relax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:22 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:Gosh, apparently I am in the minority but I like Jason and Molly just fine. I think that quite a few leads and contestants from this show take advantage of the opportunities that the show offers. From being on DWTS and contestants on BachPad or BIP to making public appearances, writing books, cookbooks, tell-alls and starting blogs/websites, etc. I don't understand why it's okay for some but not for Jason and MOlly.

As one of the few successful couples, TPTB keep bringing Jason and Molly back so why would they say no when they can make some money on the side? Neither Jason nor Molly is giving up day jobs for this. Shoot, Ashley and JP have been interviewed about their life and shared their baby pictures, which only happened because of the show. Graham Bunn, Sean Lowe and even Zak W who has his own blog on Desiree's site, for example are just a few more.  Shoot, Amy Long said she and Drew Kenney would jump at chance to do BIP2 if they made it a different format. So LOTS of folks are cashing in on this show (or looking to) long after the cameras went away.

Yeah, I don't really see how Jason/Molly haven't moved on from the franchise. In fact, Jason is really honest about that in his podcast. I remember when they were talking about JP/Ashley having that live ultrasound and how a lot of people were kind of disappointed/grossed out by it, and Jason went "hey, we sold Riley's pictures to People! How is that different?". I have a lot of respect for someone who can admit that they use The Bachelor, from time to time, to get a little extra money, like Sean does. I also don't really think that Jason/Molly are still "living off" The Bachelor; they make appearances when they are invited and sell pictures about major events. They are not going on Couples Therapy or writing books (and I'm sure that they have gotten offers to do both); they are not giving up their normal jobs to live off The Bachelor.

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:42 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:Gosh, apparently I am in the minority but I like Jason and Molly just fine. I think that quite a few leads and contestants from this show take advantage of the opportunities that the show offers. From being on DWTS and contestants on BachPad or BIP to making public appearances, writing books, cookbooks, tell-alls and starting blogs/websites, etc. I don't understand why it's okay for some but not for Jason and MOlly.

As one of the few successful couples, TPTB keep bringing Jason and Molly back so why would they say no when they can make some money on the side? Neither Jason nor Molly is giving up day jobs for this. Shoot, Ashley and JP have been interviewed about their life and shared their baby pictures, which only happened because of the show. Graham Bunn, Sean Lowe and even Zak W who has his own blog on Desiree's site, for example are just a few more.  Shoot, Amy Long said she and Drew Kenney would jump at chance to do BIP2 if they made it a different format. So LOTS of folks are cashing in on this show (or looking to) long after the cameras went away.

Yeah, I don't really see how Jason/Molly haven't moved on from the franchise. In fact, Jason is really honest about that in his podcast. I remember when they were talking about JP/Ashley having that live ultrasound and how a lot of people were kind of disappointed/grossed out by it, and Jason went "hey, we sold Riley's pictures to People! How is that different?". I have a lot of respect for someone who can admit that they use The Bachelor, from time to time, to get a little extra money, like Sean does. I also don't really think that Jason/Molly are still "living off" The Bachelor; they make appearances when they are invited and sell pictures about major events. They are not going on Couples Therapy or writing books (and I'm sure that they have gotten offers to do both); they are not giving up their normal jobs to live off The Bachelor.

I think they have found a balance that works for them. Face it, Molly likes nice things and Jason likes the opportunities going through certain doors can give him - like VIP treatment at Disneyland and attending the super bowl two years in a row. It doesn't seem to have gone to their heads; they don't act like they think they are celebrities; they just understand there is a trade off, perk for service, and they are willing to make it, but only to a point - there are opportunities they've turned down. As long as you get to do it "your" way, it is just business.

What fascinates me with them is how different they are, and how comfortable they are with challenging banter; they can "fight" but still love and respect each other. Very entertaining.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:51 pm

mmesnick
What an amazing celebration for little miss Riley! I could not have done it without my dear friend @jennycookies! You are truly the most talented person I know! I cannot wait to share all of the pics with you guys! A huge thank you to @kcbowie for capturing the day for us!!! Stay tuned for more.... #RileyTurnsTwo 

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 38 10597488_1086778098005325_152685282_n

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 38 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Awww that's so sweet. What a cute family.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:14 pm

just2relax wrote:He says he's selling real estate now.

Here is the company he works for

http://nwgrealestate.com/nwg-team
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:15 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I'm just glad Jesse Csinsak (sp?) has moved on. laugh out loud

I agree completely, but he and Jason were on the same original season, so if Jesse can move on, how sad is it that Jason hasn't.

I won't discuss Chris here anymore.  Maybe a 26 year old being a virgin is not the norm, but it isn't a sexually transmitted disease or something and if a man can't wait a little while then he should move on.  Should have dumped her after that.

My friends who married as virgins in their mid to late 20s had wonderful men who loved them and didn't mind.  And yes all three of the men were not virgins.  To them the women they loved were worth waiting for.  Maybe Chris is that man and maybe he isn't.

Just like Trista is remains forever relevant for being the FIRST Bachelorette to marry, Jason also remains forever relevant because he was FIRST Bachelor to marry. After because so many Bachelor season didn't end in marriage, Jason's wedding was a HUGE deal.

(And to the occasional fan bringing up that Jason and his wedding doesn't count because his season's twist was that it continued beyond the traditional FRC, I point to ABC, producers, and the vast majority of fans who say he and his wedding do count.)

I've followed Jason all along and think he truly is a great guy. He's not at all phony and that's important to me and he is sensitive to woman's feelings. If anyone really needs to point fingers at a Bachelor that has behaved despicably towards women, then look no further than Juan Pablo and recall how he treated his F2.

Jason was happy as a clam not keeping up or even watching following seasons of the Bachelor, however, he began the podcast with Molly to help her transition to her new career because he's the kind of husband that supports his wife.

And, if anyone has issues with Jason peddling diet pills like Sean Lowe, Josh Murray and Jesse Csincsak, well I do, too, except it's really Molly who is doing that --- and as Catherine and Andi were, Jason is being supportive. (I'm certain Ann wasn't in Jesse's life when he pushed the pills.)

Finally, and IMO, this entire virgin discussion as another means to put down Jason has been taken out of context and is entirely ludicrous to me.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:33 pm

Amberish wrote:snipped
Just like Trista is remains forever relevant for being the FIRST Bachelorette to marry, Jason also remains forever relevant because he was FIRST Bachelor to marry. After because so many Bachelor season didn't end in marriage, Jason's wedding was a HUGE deal.

(And to the occasional fan bringing up that Jason and his wedding doesn't count because his season's twist was that it continued beyond the traditional FRC, I point to ABC, producers, and the vast majority of fans who say he and his wedding do count.)

I've followed Jason all along and think he truly is a great guy. He's not at all phony and that's important to me and he is sensitive to woman's feelings. If anyone really needs to point fingers at a Bachelor that has behaved despicably towards women, then look no further than Juan Pablo and recall how he treated his F2.

Jason was happy as a clam not keeping up or even watching following seasons of the Bachelor, however, he began the podcast with Molly to help her transition to her new career because he's the kind of husband that supports his wife.

And, if anyone has issues with Jason peddling diet pills like Sean Lowe, Josh Murray and Jesse Csincsak, well I do, too, except it's really Molly who is doing that --- and as Catherine and Andi were, Jason is being supportive. (I'm certain Ann wasn't in Jesse's life when he pushed the pills.)

Finally, and IMO, this entire virgin discussion as another means to put down Jason has been taken out of context and is entirely ludicrous to me.

Amberish, I am happy you are a fan.  I am not and never was.  *edit*

I don't care for Jason, I didn't like him on DeAnna's season, didn't like him on his season and still don't like him.  I think he and Molly are happy to trade on their bachelor success and that is fine.  I made fun of Trista for it, so I have no problem making fun of Jason for it.  JMO.

He lost me when he acted as if he was a single parent and his son's mom had no involvement in his life. When I found out that was total crap, Jason lost me.  I hated when Emily faked being a poor single Mom too.  Sorry, you don't get to cry the single parent anthem when you have other people helping to pay the bills.

I watched two of my SILs struggle as my low life brother skirted the law and never paid a cent of child support and basically never saw his children.  I have seen real single parents doing it on their own.  Jason wasn't one and Emily wasn't either.

I do admire that Jason and Molly have a successful and happy marriage and while I wonder what Molly sees in him, I respect that they are happy and that they continue to be happy.

But when Jason says something stupid then I feel free to call him on it, since he has decided to keep living his life in the public view, for whatever reason.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:41 pm

see2love wrote:

...snip ...

I have zero respect for any Lead who has sex with more than 1 person on the show. It is seriously gross IMO.

Of the 29 seasons, wouldn't need more than a single hand to count those Bachelor and Bachelorette leads that DIDN'T have sex with at least 2 or 3 of their season's participants and there were those that are said to have had sex with more.
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:10 pm

stuckinsc wrote: ~snip~

[Jason] lost me when he acted as if he was a single parent and his son's mom had no involvement in his life. When I found out that was total crap, Jason lost me.  I hated when Emily faked being a poor single Mom too.  Sorry, you don't get to cry the single parent anthem when you have other people helping to pay the bills.

Thing is, a single parent is usually defined as parent not living with a spouse (or partner, to keep this PC) and especially if that parent has most of the day-to-day responsibilities of raising a child or children.

Well, both Jason and Emily would be those people. (From everything that I read, Jason had his son with him for much more of the time than his ex, which is ok, IMO, for it worked for them and probably because of what she did for employment.)

To suggest that because Jason or Emily didn't personally work to earn all the money they used to raise their children, then wouldn't that also mean single parents receiving government issued public subsidies are also not really single parents? It shouldn't matter where the money to raise a child comes from when defining if a parent is single or not, right?
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 61 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 49 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion

+122
LaineyG
Jolena
HavaDrPepper
casjacknick
ddsmom17