SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by nutty1 Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:04 pm

I totally forgot about the secret admirer part!
I think Chris will play nice and listen to TPTB. And that is what they want, after JP!
I think he will do well and I am looking forward to his season.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by nutty1 Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:08 pm

So did Marquel NOT back out???

Marquel ‏@MarquelMartin 12h
Not gonna lie, was a bit surprised but I respect everyone's decision. Sometimes things just don't play out. Thanks all for supporting me

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:11 pm

^I think that has to do with BIP and him not getting a rose.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 45 87b72b10 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 45 86669110 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 45 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Good comparison's between Sean and Chris. That's what I was trying to point out. We remembered who Sean was during Emily's season. All we knew about Chris right from the begining, is that he was going to be the next Bachelor. As far as edit, there was little indication of that IMO, so I kept looking for signs, drama, heartbreak, etc, to which I saw none of.

ETA: Marquel? wow, he dropped off the radar weeks ago. Maybe he thought he was the "someone new" in the commercial!!
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:15 pm

umngirl wrote:^I think that has to do with BIP and him not getting a rose.

Oh, gotcha!!!

nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:18 pm

ironcat wrote:
umngirl wrote:^He wasn't that highlighted but he was ghenloveable F3. We saw he was good with kids, got along great with all the other guys, looked great shirtless (thanks to Wendy the Ab Whisperer for the push-ups), had no problem kissing girls up against a wall, and was "heartbroken" at the end of it when he was sent home. His threads here had much, much more info about him and his actual personality that wasn't really shown that season.

Honestly, I don't see a big difference between the things you mentioned, and similar kinds of things we learned about Chris on the show.  I actually think Sean came across as more bland than Chris, as Chris was shown to take a leadership/counseling type of role in the house with the other guys.  And in real life, Chris is WAY more successful apparently than Sean was at the time he was cast.

eta Just watched the GMA clip, and was pleased to hear Chris speak articulately, without saying "like" every other word, and use proper grammar.  Might I actually get through watching a whole season without my ears bleeding? giggling

One of the things I liked about him the best! thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernMomOf4 Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:20 pm

Well, I will be one of those who won't be too invested in this season. I too found Chris to be a bore. And I think it is going to be a somewhat futile season in that most of the women who apply to this show are unlikely candidates to become farmer's wives. As with anything else, time will tell. When they start going overseas I will tune in for the travel show aspect as I usually do in seasons where I have little to no interest in the primary.

And for the record I am not an Arie fan. I felt he was in the same category as Chris Bukowski and Jessie.

SouthernMomOf4

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:21 pm

JBF, I appreciate the passion about Chris and happy for you and all who think he's a great choice.

I think Chris will be about as popular as Juan Pablo, just appealing to a different segment of viewers.  He will probably draw equivalent ratings as last season and that should satisfy ABC.

I don't know if he's boring, but he doesn't get my heart beating faster.  No wow factor.  At all.  I can't stand girl drama and am so weary of snark, so I really don't have a reason to watch.

JBF, you didn't mention the woman from the MTA audience wants a date stunt.  What did you think of Chris in that moment?  To me, he looked like a deer in highlights when given that airtime.  Granted, it was a stupid stunt, but the show will be full of them.  He's really gonna have to work on his on-camera skills.

ETA:  Just watched him on GMA.  He was measured, even tempered and fine.  No sizzle, but fine.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:31 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Good comparison's between Sean and Chris. That's what I was trying to point out. We remembered who Sean was during Emily's season. All we knew about Chris right from the begining, is that he was going to be the next Bachelor. As far as edit, there was little indication of that IMO, so I kept looking for signs, drama, heartbreak, etc, to which I saw none of.

ETA: Marquel? wow, he dropped off the radar weeks ago. Maybe he thought he was the "someone new" in the commercial!!

For me personally, Sean made no more of an impression on me in Emily's season than Chris did on Andi's. And I don't recall Sean being that much more popular with the general viewing public (not this board which has its biases) during Em's season than Chris was during Andi's either. Anyone have any actual stats?

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:32 pm

nutty1 wrote:So did Marquel NOT back out???

Marquel ‏@MarquelMartin  12h
Not gonna lie, was a bit surprised but I respect everyone's decision. Sometimes things just don't play out.  Thanks all for supporting me

BIP reference. Smiley

He is perfectly alright. Appreciates the support for the Bach a lot though. He is excited about a new business venture and loving his life in LV and working for UFC, he's even "done his part" by posting the pic about the next Bachelor's announcement(on GMA) to his IG and kept #MarquelForBachelor going... Hugesmile

Last edited by chloep on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:35 pm

Let the fun begin!
I am slightly excited, but will hold back and reserve judgement because I am one of the crazies!
Can you imagine a Meat and Geek ala Matt Grant where one of the 25 pulls out an ear of corn wrapped in a mini thong and sticks it in Chris' front pocket? Fun times!
Better yet a RC ceremony where one of the 'ettes rivals Lady GaGa's meat gown done up in bacon! One of the other 'ettes dons pork chop chandelier earrings!
Let the snark begin.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:40 pm

jcrbil wrote:Sean was the "perfect" one on Emily's season.... the one who could be the father to her daughter without hesitation and once he committed it would be for a lifetime (family history of life-long marriages).

That is why I favored Arie as a candidate over him that year. He was TOO perfect. His talk about being the "best" father for Rikki was too absolute and his speech was often quick and stentorian.

I did warm up to him gradually, largely because he chose spunky Catherine... somewhat his "opposite" in personality. She was also, surprisingly, the shy one who gradually became less so around him... to the point of taking center stage on their wedding special.

One issue I had with Sean was that he was too extroverted. On Jimmy Kimmel, he looked too comfortable, almost as a co-host. Much of this comes from his many years of public speaking (with his family's religious educating and so forth). When somebody is that good in their vocal delivery and has an answer for everything, you wonder if he is always genuine or "feeling". Yet this was just a bad FIRST impression I had of him. He got better for me over time. I also liked comments others like Graham said about him being more "average" and "down to earth" in his personality than you see on screen.

geo55 wrote:

Now... what I really like about him here is that he is pretty... yeah, have to use that word again... humble. Lets them ask him questions first. Apparently Harrison is not with him here, since he and Fleiss must have a LOT of confidence that he will pull his introduction off without a hitch. Apparently he really views his time on Andi's season as a favorable experience and has no issues with the "process" and his higher ups. He has a very positive attitude going into this, thinking he "will do well". (Not to pooh-pooh any past leads, but remember when Ben Flajnik was asked if he would find love by an audience member on Bachelor Pad's finale and he responded "that is what THEY want"? He clearly was not enthusiastic going into it.)

Chris wants all of the ladies (including 24 rejects) to feel "comfortable" with him. Obviously anything he does "bad" on his season won't be intentional. Yes... there will be stuff that will make viewers question him at times. Even squeaky clean Sean was confronted with a pre-BIP AshLee for fibbing at fantasy date time... and his Irish Spring commercials were kinda silly.

It is easy to see why Fleiss and Harrison fell head over heels over him. Basically Chris fits the "average" guy you see... not a model or entertainer. We know enough "dirt" on him that he isn't "perfect" and won't be getting any pedestal positioning here. Yet he is the domesticated type that they need after a season of Jesse Kovacs.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+118
RealityEscape
KB_Mom
lurker11
HelCat
Maddy