SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Page 60 of 79 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 69 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 60 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by bbroox Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 pm

mom22boys wrote:I can't believe I am just now finding this site!!
I have been watching Married at First Sight from Day 1 and began my sleuthing there. And I can tell you 100% that at least two of the couples are still together.
If you go back on Jamie's twitter she thanked a fan for being a "Great secret keeper". Well, I went to that persons twitter account (who was private) and sent a request. She accepted and had posted (and deleted the next day) that she was so excited to see that her favorite "reality" couple are still together and saw them at the Atlantic City Boardwalk. She also tweeted "I"m a great secret keeper!" And then TWEETED that to Jamie and Jamie replied with "Yes you are". I wish I had a way to copy the screenshots I took on my phone but it DID happen and it was the first week of August!
Also, Jason and Cortney were in NC together over the 4th (as many of you have stated already.) One of her IG friends posted pictures of them and another couple posing and wearing red, white and blue hats.
My last bit of proof is a tad more personal and there is no way to deny this. My sister in law works with Jamie and as of earlier this week, Doug's picture is in Jamie's locker. BAM!

Yay! Thanks for the spoilers mom22boys! I know we've all felt that our 2 favorite couples were still together, but the evidence for Doug and Jamie that you gave make my day! Always love a good super sleuth! clapping!
bbroox
bbroox

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 60 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by theKeptGrits Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:04 pm

I hope that the experts have an ongoing relationship with each person. That would help all of them with any unresolved issues they may have. All 3 couples had certain things that they seemed to need extra help with. Heck! if I had access to those experts I'd be buggin' the daylights out of them for advice.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:17 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:I haven't been able to watch yesterday's episode yet, but even despite Jamie's clear flaws, I root for her.  I haven't seen anything from her that cannot be overcome, and that includes last week's statements that really were inappropriate (NEVER call someone immature; you may, however, when appropriate, say you feel that certain actions were immature.  Basically, she tried to disparage Doug's innate character in that argument, not just his actions, and that is not a fair way to fight.  Still, how was she to know that it isn't a fair way to fight?  She had no role models).

It also seems obvious to me (although I wouldn't know if anything last night changed it) that Doug is falling head over heals for Jamie, which means it doesn't matter at all what any of us think of her; I want it to work out for Doug's sake.

Love hearing that our favorite couples are probably still together.  Best of luck to them!

Maybe I'm wrong, but what I bolded in your comment seems to possibly be the reason some of us got a bit irritated at her. The issues Jamie has CAN be overcome. She seems like a smart person who works as a medical health care professional at a good hospital. She would have access to therapists who could have helped her get healing before she came on MAFS. I just hope she gets that now, so Doug can have the wife he deserves. Jamie could be even more awesome if she just overcomes and has the tools to open up to him. I feel for Doug.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:40 pm

Just finished watching last night's episode. I think all 3 couples are nicely matched. The only thing bothering me with Vaughn and Monet was the distance between them as they were discussing some very difficult and intimate things. I felt the body language between the other couples were more reflective of their mutual support of one another. Bet all 3 couples stay together after 5 weeks.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5316

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:05 am

:Welcome mom33boys! Thanks for the info.  

Re: Jamie. It seems to me like the show is bringing up memories & affecting her more than she expected. She does have trust issues but I think a loving guy like Doug can make all the difference for her.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15332

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:17 am

That's_Normal has their recap up now. Here's the link
ep 9 recap

theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by raekae Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:46 am

Its been SO long since I've posted on these forums!!!! But I'm thrilled I found that Married At First Sight is being sluethed Hugesmile

I have to say.... I'm so happy that D&J and J&C are together still! YAY!!!! And, I'm in the "give Jamie a break" minority as well.

I was in her shoes when I met my husband. I had the bad childhood, burned by old ex's, didn't trust men... but I was always open & honest with him. Even when it hurt. I hated that part, but he always wanted the honesty. He fell in love before I did, helped me work thru all my trust issues, and you know what? We have a strong foundation now. I know its a reality show, and they're opening themselves up for criticism. But, I think they'll be ok Smiley

Just my thoughts. Continue sluething around me Smiley
raekae
raekae

Female Posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by just2relax Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:45 am

I hope the experts stick with them as they try to stay married. Jason is making me nervous but I am hoping it's the edit. Courtnay is amazing. They are all amazing and brave to put themselves through this. I've been married for 33 years, my kids had an "easy" time finding their partners, so it's hard for me to relate to the New York single scene. It must be real tough. I think it's healthy to rely on the experts. I like the way Dr. Cilona said Monet and Vaughn are a very good match. We don't see it, but the experts see something. I hope Jamie falls in love with Doug and I hope we get to see it!

just2relax

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:09 am

stuckinsc wrote:
ironcat wrote:
Lovedaddio wrote:

You could say the same thing about Jamie. It's all about her and what she wants, (although she won't admit it). No one is unsympathetic to her difficult upbringing, but if you have issues rooted that deep and for that long, then you really don't need to be in a relationship. If she has trust issues, then she doesn't need to be in a relationship. Why say you forgive someone then constantly bring it up time and time again? Ok Doug lied about smoking, she was hurt by that, he apologized, she accepted it, now both parties MUST move on. If she's incapable of doing that then she doesn't need to be in a relationship. I guess the point I'm trying to make is.....FIX YOURSELF FIRST.  

Well, if everyone who has "issues" and needs to work on themselves avoided relationships, there'd be many fewer relationships.  Dysfunction is all around.

I'm on the apparently very short "give Jamie a break" train.  There really is no time table for how quickly somebody falls in love, and despite this show stipulating 5 weeks, Jamie is being honest with both herself and Doug in that she isn't there yet, and doesn't know if she will be there within the allotted time frame.  I'm sure she hoped she would be when she signed on to this, and of course technically, she can continue to stay married even if she's still not in love but is at least optimistic that it will/could happen.  I think she's doing her best, and if it wasn't good enough for Doug, or if he didn't feel she was worth it, he would have emotionally checked out long ago.  Although they're married, the dynamic is no different than a dating situation where one party is more invested, or moves quicker emotionally, than the other, sometimes because of baggage, and sometimes for other reasons.  I do wonder if Jamie had been physically into Doug from the get go and the couple had started having sex by now whether it would have changed things for her.  Although I suppose if she had gone ahead and started sleeping with him even though she wasn't in love with him, and then ended it, she would have gotten criticized for that as well.

I guess I just can't hate on the girl for not falling in love with Doug fast enough to suit the fans.

I don't think you need to not have relationship, but to go onto tv and agree to marry someone you have never met when you have so many issues?  That is a different story.  You can grow in develop in a normal relationship, in this you are in a condensed somewhat stressful timeline that amplifies things that in normal life might not be that big of an idea.  

But then again, would most normal functional people volunteer to do something this crazy?

May I also point out that Jamie taped the bachelor in 2011 and this show in 2014, from the comments here, it sounds like she hasn't moved forward from the emotional drama of her childhood a lot in that time.  I would hope that someone as beautiful and smart as Jaime, but obviously with issues would have sought some help.  I could be wrong, but it seems she has not.  
Isn't the show providing Jamie some much needed psychological help?
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by crazychicken Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:24 am

No Dr C posts on other forums and makes it quite clear that he has no therapist/client relationship with any of the participants, the therapists were there to match them and meet with them all on their week to give advice on the initial 5 week.

crazychicken

Back to top Go down

Post by mom22boys Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:31 am

high five  
mom22boys wrote:

Yay! Thanks for the spoilers mom22boys! I know we've all felt that our 2 favorite couples were still together, but the evidence for Doug and Jamie that you gave make my day! Always love a good super sleuth! clapping!

I am so glad that I was able to give confirmation! When my sister-in-law told me that I was so excited! That is undeniable proof!
And thank you to everyone who has been so welcoming to me as I joined this site![/quote] high five
mom22boys
mom22boys

Female Posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:14 pm

Sneak peek for the finale

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 60 87b72b10 Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 60 86669110 Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 60 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 79 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 69 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

+68
crazychicken
raekae
RollingEyes
mom22boys
moonpie