SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Page 59 of 79 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 59 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by Litta123 Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:03 am

welcomebanner  mom22boys! Thx for sharing what you've found. It's nice to have more confirmation. :Nod:

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 59 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 59 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by RollingEyes Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:06 am

mom22boys wrote:I can't believe I am just now finding this site!!
I have been watching Married at First Sight from Day 1 and began my sleuthing there. And I can tell you 100% that at least two of the couples are still together.
If you go back on Jamie's twitter she thanked a fan for being a "Great secret keeper". Well, I went to that persons twitter account (who was private) and sent a request. She accepted and had posted (and deleted the next day) that she was so excited to see that her favorite "reality" couple are still together and saw them at the Atlantic City Boardwalk. She also tweeted "I"m a great secret keeper!" And then TWEETED that to Jamie and Jamie replied with "Yes you are". I wish I had a way to copy the screenshots I took on my phone but it DID happen and it was the first week of August!
Also, Jason and Cortney were in NC together over the 4th (as many of you have stated already.) One of her IG friends posted pictures of them and another couple posing and wearing red, white and blue hats.
My last bit of proof is a tad more personal and there is no way to deny this. My sister in law works with Jamie and as of earlier this week, Doug's picture is in Jamie's locker. BAM!

Awesome info mom22boys. I have no doubt Jamie and Doug are together just for the simple fact that she is so upbeat and complimentary on Twitter. She wouldn't be the way she is on Twitter if they had ended it. It would be very mean and awful of her, especially with Doug's heart on the line. She would have to be making an effort to be mean, and I just don't get that vibe from her. Nice to hear confirmation of this.
RollingEyes
RollingEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:14 am

From twitter, it sounds like Jamie and Doug aren't just together but she's TOTALLY in love with the guy now. I'm really excited to see it all next week!!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:33 am

I'm glad Jamie put Doug's photo in her locker, that's a big step for her. I also hope a lot of what we saw was crafty editing and that it was not as bad as it looked.
Guys with Doug's kind of character really do need to receive unconditional love and acceptance. Exactly what he gave her.

Last edited by theKeptGrits on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelling)

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

ironcat wrote:
Lovedaddio wrote:
Lost17 wrote:Different perspective-At least Jamie is being honest with her feelings, not giving Doug "hope" that she is in love with him. They met only a month ago! She's come a LONG way since that first day with Doug, she was not into him at all, didn't even want him touching her and then slowly she started opening up and giving more of herself-yes due to Doug's patience, personality and willingness to go more slow. She opened up about her past and that was hard for her and what happens when she confronts Doug about smoking, he lies-something she's totally against, can't blame her...she barely knows this guy she's living with and he breaks that trust! My walls would be going back up too! If you don't have trust in a relationship what kind of relationship do you have, you'll always wonder what he's lying about next...and especially with Jamie and the past she's had. Looks like she forgave him...and I'm sure as she's watching the show back she's cringed a bit at some of the things she said to him and hope she'll be more 'giving' and 'loving' in their relationship if they decided to give the marriage a shot or it won't be lasting long.

I see Cortney & Jason making it, they seem perfect for each other.

Monet & Vaughn, no way do I see that relationship working out. It's all about him and what he wants and needs (although he won't admit that).

You could say the same thing about Jamie. It's all about her and what she wants, (although she won't admit it). No one is unsympathetic to her difficult upbringing, but if you have issues rooted that deep and for that long, then you really don't need to be in a relationship. If she has trust issues, then she doesn't need to be in a relationship. Why say you forgive someone then constantly bring it up time and time again? Ok Doug lied about smoking, she was hurt by that, he apologized, she accepted it, now both parties MUST move on. If she's incapable of doing that then she doesn't need to be in a relationship. I guess the point I'm trying to make is.....FIX YOURSELF FIRST.  

Well, if everyone who has "issues" and needs to work on themselves avoided relationships, there'd be many fewer relationships.  Dysfunction is all around.

I'm on the apparently very short "give Jamie a break" train.  There really is no time table for how quickly somebody falls in love, and despite this show stipulating 5 weeks, Jamie is being honest with both herself and Doug in that she isn't there yet, and doesn't know if she will be there within the allotted time frame.  I'm sure she hoped she would be when she signed on to this, and of course technically, she can continue to stay married even if she's still not in love but is at least optimistic that it will/could happen.  I think she's doing her best, and if it wasn't good enough for Doug, or if he didn't feel she was worth it, he would have emotionally checked out long ago.  Although they're married, the dynamic is no different than a dating situation where one party is more invested, or moves quicker emotionally, than the other, sometimes because of baggage, and sometimes for other reasons.  I do wonder if Jamie had been physically into Doug from the get go and the couple had started having sex by now whether it would have changed things for her.  Although I suppose if she had gone ahead and started sleeping with him even though she wasn't in love with him, and then ended it, she would have gotten criticized for that as well.

I guess I just can't hate on the girl for not falling in love with Doug fast enough to suit the fans.

I don't think you need to not have relationship, but to go onto tv and agree to marry someone you have never met when you have so many issues?  That is a different story.  You can grow in develop in a normal relationship, in this you are in a condensed somewhat stressful timeline that amplifies things that in normal life might not be that big of an idea.  

But then again, would most normal functional people volunteer to do something this crazy?

May I also point out that Jamie taped the bachelor in 2011 and this show in 2014, from the comments here, it sounds like she hasn't moved forward from the emotional drama of her childhood a lot in that time. I would hope that someone as beautiful and smart as Jaime, but obviously with issues would have sought some help. I could be wrong, but it seems she has not.

Last edited by stuckinsc on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:46 am

Well in yesterday's episode they tried very hard to sell Monet and Vaughn as a couple, which totally didn't work, but they definitely tried. They also kept showing Jamie and Jason expressing doubt and Jamie making snide remarks. Knowing the editing of this show, the outcome will definitely be the opposite of what they're insinuating. It'll be interesting to see if these marriages will work long-term. A few months means very little.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:07 am

mindless wrote:Well in yesterday's episode they tried very hard to sell Monet and Vaughn as a couple, which totally didn't work, but they definitely tried. They also kept showing Jamie and Jason expressing doubt and Jamie making snide remarks. Knowing the editing of this show, the outcome will definitely be the opposite of what they're insinuating. It'll be interesting to see if these marriages will work long-term. A few months means very little.

Am wondering if the twitter feeds are the result of producers direction too.

As for Monet & Vaughn.... :atomic: console Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 59 2292733854 Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 59 623245435

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by moonpie Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:20 am

mindless wrote:Well in yesterday's episode they tried very hard to sell Monet and Vaughn as a couple, which totally didn't work, but they definitely tried. They also kept showing Jamie and Jason expressing doubt and Jamie making snide remarks. Knowing the editing of this show, the outcome will definitely be the opposite of what they're insinuating. It'll be interesting to see if these marriages will work long-term. A few months means very little.

I agree, and was disappointed in the editing. The thing I've enjoyed about this show is that it seemed more documentary-style, less "reality tv". It felt like they were going for total drama last night. It seemed a lot more "Bachelor", if that makes sense, trying to build up suspense and lead you in a certain direction, when it's been the opposite all season. It felt a little unsavory.
moonpie
moonpie

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:30 am

moonpie wrote:

I agree, and was disappointed in the editing.  The thing I've enjoyed about this show is that it seemed more documentary-style, less "reality tv".  It felt like they were going for total drama last night.  It seemed a lot more "Bachelor", if that makes sense, trying to build up suspense and lead you in a certain direction, when it's been the opposite all season.  It felt a little unsavory.

moonpie that makes perfect sense. I think the feel of it may have been what made me tougher in my posts regarding Jamie. The show just felt over produced last night. Glad you brought that up.

theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:48 am

I DID like the reveal that Monet understands NOW that when she asked for an alpha male, she had not thought through all the variation possibilities of that. She apparently took it for granted that all alphas would be like her late Dad. He sounds like he was more chivalrous, less chauvinist. And it also sounded like she sees Vaughn as the other way around.
No 2 individuals are alike.

theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:04 am

moonpie wrote:

I agree, and was disappointed in the editing.  The thing I've enjoyed about this show is that it seemed more documentary-style, less "reality tv".  It felt like they were going for total drama last night.  It seemed a lot more "Bachelor", if that makes sense, trying to build up suspense and lead you in a certain direction, when it's been the opposite all season.  It felt a little unsavory.

Exactly. It just all felt really contrived. Most of those negative comments from Jamie might've been filmed soon after the whole lie drama, but since it's almost all they showed last night, it made it seem like it was ongoing. Who knows how the rest of the week was. Even the comments from the experts made it seem like they had little hope for Jamie and Doug, which makes zero sense considering how optimistic they were being about Vaughn and Monet. Yeah those two are having sex, but there are no real feelings between them besides resentment. The viewers aren't blind!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:32 am

I haven't been able to watch yesterday's episode yet, but even despite Jamie's clear flaws, I root for her. I haven't seen anything from her that cannot be overcome, and that includes last week's statements that really were inappropriate (NEVER call someone immature; you may, however, when appropriate, say you feel that certain actions were immature. Basically, she tried to disparage Doug's innate character in that argument, not just his actions, and that is not a fair way to fight. Still, how was she to know that it isn't a fair way to fight? She had no role models).

It also seems obvious to me (although I wouldn't know if anything last night changed it) that Doug is falling head over heals for Jamie, which means it doesn't matter at all what any of us think of her; I want it to work out for Doug's sake.

Love hearing that our favorite couples are probably still together. Best of luck to them!

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 79 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

+68
crazychicken
raekae
RollingEyes
mom22boys
moonpie