SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie or ChrisS for Bachelor

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 5 Vote_lcap61%Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 5 Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 90 ]
Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 5 Vote_lcap39%Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 5 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 57 ]

Total Votes : 147

Poll closed

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Post by mtnlvr55 Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:04 am

Kashathediva wrote:I get it. I lived in Columbia, Mo from ages 18-34. And that is how it is. But it doesn't always come across great. I'm living proof. So I do wonder if it was edited out and what we got was what we got.

Yep, I'd agree MO is in the grouping as well. :cutesmile!: 
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Post by chloep Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:47 am

mtnlvr55 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I'm wondering if the reason we did not see so much of Chris during the season is because they had to edit out a lot of that Chris in order to sell the Chris they wanted us to see for the next TB. 
It could be the Chris we saw on the MTN is the same Chris filmed during the  season and a lot of that behavior had to be edited out.  Just throwing this out there.

Except everyone said that Chris was one of the sweetest guys in the house (Chris H, Andi and later, Andi's friend Kelly) I don't think they had to edit out much.  He's a good mid-western guy who stands up for what he thinks isn't fair. Not everyone understands that mindset, but it is a common factor in the Midwest. We'll go along with a lot of stuff, by in large we are friendly, helpful and polite but put something in front of us that isn't fair and we are liable to get our backs up. You won't see this as much in Chicago where Nick is from but you do see it in Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, MN and downstate IL for sure.
In my job, I deal with people all over the country, although you can never say "everyone" is the same in certain regions there are certainly tendencies in areas in the country. Chris is pretty typical of farm kids (a bit wild in their youth due to boredom and upstanding and hardworking once they take over the farm duties.) Oh, yeah, they are kind of stubborn sometimes (could be what we have seen in his sticking up for what he thinks is wrong.) :soapbox

Well, if Kelly Travesty said that.... :vomit: 

btw, I agree, but that girl just disgusts me....

I don't really care anymore. I want Marquel, but I know that I am not gonna get Marquel.... He has Arie's hotness, humor, intelligence and crazy popularity mixed with Chris' values, intentions and sincerity... the ultimate deal...But nope, let's pass him over, just because he is black. (I am not accusing them of being racist, just that they'd prefer to keep it safe... Stupid Juan Pablo. Stupid execs, who thought casting a foreigner with very poor language skills and emotional intelligence of a 5yo is going to make for a great lead...) ... Idiots. You'll never get a chance like this EVER again.  
:soapbox 
Same old, same old.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:18 pm

Please enough with the single parents and boring leads !!!
Casting what appears to be "serious" guys doesn't guarantee happy ending and wedding anyway.
So let's us enjoy watching a season with a fun and gorgeous guy....ARIE !!!
 High clap

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:06 am

No offense to Arie, but I don't trust TPTB with Arie. I don't trust them to not try to bring in Jef to stir up drama, I just don't trust TPTB, so I would want Arie to run for his life from them. Add to that I want no more attention on Emily at all and OMG the attention she would get with Arie as the lead.

I am actually in favor of who ever if F2 being the bachelor or Marquel, I would really enjoy Marquel, but he may have too much integrity to be a good TPTB lead.

I was okay with Chris until MTA too. I wonder like Kasha does if they had to edit too much out. Plus, we have Tigger saying her sister said he is not well liked in his area. Some hesitation for me with Chris as the lead.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:30 am

They always try to stir up drama, but I dont think anyone from Next Entertainment wants to deal with Jef. He's sort of a non entity. I dont think he has a job. He seems to sort of aimlessly travel and play golf and hang out. I think that now that Emily is newly married, the last thing she'd want it for attention to be focused on her disaster of a season. I think those two have thankfully safely faded away.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:40 am

This is a modified version of a post I made earlier in the Arie Fan Thread:

I just spent the morning watching old youtube clips of Arie on Emily's season.  I cannot even put into words how much I love this guy.  

Everybody always focuses on Arie's kissing skills, because he has some mad skills. And while the kissing was hot, what truly struck me was how sweet, sincere, and genuine Arie was.  I don't think he has a mean bone in his body.  He was always smiling, was quick to laugh at himself, was humble, was caring and kind, and was seriously looking for a life partner.  During the aired conversations that they had, Arie expressed how he knew he was ready to settle down and start a family.  Has he done so in the 2 years since his show?  No, but that doesn't mean that if the right woman came along he wouldn't jump at the chance to do so.  Most of the people who are cast for the lead haven't been in successful relationships in the years leading up to their seasons, otherwise there would be no need for them to sign up for the show!  I can think of many former contestants who seemed like nice, normal, loving people who have still not found love or marriage years after they appeared on their seasons.  Doesn't mean that they insincere about wanting love.

Most of the time if I go back and watch old clips of the people on this show, it all seems so fake or I've "seen the light" and changed my opinion of the person over time.  That isn't how I feel after having watched Arie's clips.  Has Arie made some dating missteps in the past 2 years?  IMO, yes.  But that doesn't make him a horrible person in my book.  That makes him unlucky in love.  

Arie needs a woman who truly will support his career and who will give to him as much as he will give to her. When I rewatched those scenes of Emily and Arie, I was reminded of how endearing Arie was. He was so gentle and sweet on the Dollywood date, thrilled to see Em thrilled by Dolly P.  He was open and showed vulnerability and commitment to the process from night one.  He was able to poke fun at himself on the Shakespeare date and to wear a dress without whining.  He was supportive of Em when she was struggling, and he handle rejection with class and strength.  He spoke articulately at ATFR about his heartbreak and recovery.  He was the epitome of a gentleman to Emily, from night one through to the ATFR.

People seem to forget those things about Arie, and they choose to focus on the kissing.  But Arie was and is so much more.  He is the total package for some lucky lady.  Is he 100% perfect?  No, not a chance.  Because no one is.  But he's no man-whore, womanizer, or playboy like some like to say about him.  Has he dated a lot of women?  Maybe, but he's 33 years old, right?  I'd argue that Arie should not be judged by the quantity of women that he has dated, rather by the manner in which he treated those women he did date.  I bet he treated every woman with kindness, dignity, and respect.  I bet he never had a harsh word to say about anyone. And when he ended a relationship, he did so gracefully and without hard feelings.  That's the kind of guy he is.  He doesn't use and abuse women.  He doesn't get wasted and go out hooking up with a different chick every night.  I'd say he is as much a gentleman as Chris S is, just with a way more swag.

Chris S is a nice guy.  I have nothing bad to say about him.  If he is TB I'm sure he'll do fine.  But I have no where the excitement about that prospect as I do over the mere thought that Arie is being considered as TB.  Arie is swoonworthy, but just as sincere.  Arie is charismatic, but just as kind. Arie is serious, but just as silly.  He is perfect for the role of the lead on this show, IMO.

Honestly, I don't have many concerns over Arie being TB.  I may have some concerns over the women that they would cast for Arie, but isn't that the case each season?  They sprinkle in some major drama queens and wackos on purpose.  It wouldn't be Arie's fault if all 25 women fell in love with him.  It would be his job to discern for himself which woman was right for him.  

This is a franchise with ever-dwindling ratings.  Can this franchise really survive much longer if it continues to bleed viewers season after season?  It's great to think that a mid-western gentleman could court and find himself a wife on TB.  I personally feel it's equally great to think that a race car driving gentleman could court and find himself a wife on TB. I just don't want to see the franchise driven into the ground by another dud of a season.  To me a boring season equals a dud of a season, and MF would agree.  Boring=TV channels changed=less money in MF's pockets.

I think that Arie himself would make for much more entertaining TV.  I don't want a season of crazy women-drama because the Bachelor was too quiet or boring.  I want to see the romance and not a bunch of trumped up drama with the women.  I think this show loses viewers every time the created drama overshadows the romance.  I think Arie can deliver on the romance in such a charismatic way that we would be spared some of the other nonsense.  

There is a little part of me that wishes Arie wouldn't come within a ten foot pole of the evil MF.  I would hate to see this kind hearted guy hurt or manipulated by them.  But, I know that Arie wears big boy pants and would know what he was getting into.  I trust that Arie would make the best decision for himself regarding contracts and accepting the gig.

Ladies, I highly recommend watching some old Arie clips on youtube.  Just type in "Bachelorette Emily and Arie".  You will be reminded of how charismatic Arie is.  You'll see for yourself how silly, humble, sexy, and sweet Arie is.    

Oh, Arie......sigh.  I hope it's Arie.

Last edited by MiaHawk on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:16 am

The mere thought of Miss Em and One F making an appearance on another season of TB makes me want to  :vomit:  But, I don't think that would ever happen. Emily was a 2-time loser on this show, and Jef was a part of that failed couple.

Now, if they wanted to prance out Sean and bring in him to give Arie advice, I could see that happening. Sean was a success story. They could use it as a segment, just like Arie gave Sean kissing advice. Sean is a good spokesperson for the franchise. That I could definitely see. And if Sean were to give his personal stamp of approval on Arie being TB, it could also bring in new crossover fans for Arie. Win-win for TPTB.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:50 pm

It doesn't matter to me if Arie is ready to settle down or not, I just think a season of him would be hands down better than a large percentage of the bachelors they've already had. His humor alone would make it worth while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:53 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
Now, if they wanted to prance out Sean and bring in him to give Arie advice, I could see that happening.  Sean was a success story.  They could use it as a segment, just like Arie gave Sean kissing advice.  Sean is a good spokesperson for the franchise.  That I could definitely see.  And if Sean were to give his personal stamp of approval on Arie being TB, it could also bring in new crossover fans for Arie.  Win-win for TPTB.

I could definitely see this happening. And let's remember the ratings were great for Sean's season, I think Arie would be a very popular choice as well. He's handsome, charming and I think he genuinely wants to find that right person. He was really happy that Sean found Catherine, and seemed genuinely touched by their relationship when Sean was talking about how he knew Catherine was the one to JP. I remember on twitter he made a comment about how much that moved him. I think he's sincere but hasn't found the right woman yet. I would love an entire season of Arie, bring it on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:24 pm

I think Arie has a great sense of humor. Just go back and watch a view old clips on youtube. He was always smiling and having fun. He has that adorkable laugh and is very animated. He just makes for good and entertaining TV. He's such a people person and a natural in front of the cameras. A sexy sweetheart who needs to find his Boo.

MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattycake92 Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:30 pm

I like Arie but he's gonna get skewered by tabloids if he's the bachelor. When he and Jef were hanging out post Emily they hung out with some teenage girls and one of them made out with Arie. She was only 16 or 17 if I remember correctly and she had pics of them kissing. Def the type of girls to go to the tabloids.
Pattycake92
Pattycake92

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Pattycake92 wrote:I like Arie but he's gonna get skewered by tabloids if he's the bachelor. When he and Jef were hanging out post Emily they hung out with some teenage girls and one of them made out with Arie. She was only 16 or 17 if I remember correctly and she had pics of them kissing.  Def the type of girls to go to the tabloids.

17....  :gotcha: Rolling Eyes 

Plus there are all the stories from before the show about him screwing around with his business partner's GF+ 2 other girls, while having a "GF" himself....Plus the Cassie Harshman Story, Then screwing around with  Courtney, Selma while having a GS post show....etc.etc. He would definitely not be treated nicely by the mags.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

+54
Ash2214
CHO
Cecilia
Judiful
Cari