SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Episode 5 - Oct 14 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Episode 5 - Oct 14 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Episode 5 - Oct 14 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by timfan Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:29 pm

I kind of find this season boring I do not even watch live anymore
timfan
timfan

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Episode 5 - Oct 14 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Episode 5 - Oct 14 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Ash2214 Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:45 pm

I'm actually really enjoying watching this season. It just comes off as more normal to me and less of a production than the one here in the US.

I really like Tim. I love his style and all around he seems like a really sweet and cool guy. I liked him even more tonight with April. To me, he's the most natural with her. I actually saw him open up to her big time and you could just see he was really hoping she would do the same. It was very sweet to watch as they have an ease about them. He's very soft with her, which I like. I know there's been a few posts here in regards to producers really showing off April as the F1, but I don't see that. We never even get any of their cocktail party time ever! I personally find that they're hiding her a bit.

I'm just not a fan of Trisha. In all of her ITMs I think she comes off as whiny, catty, and bratty. I don't dislike her, but she's very "meh" to me. I find Lisa to be funny and I always chuckle at some of her lines, but I do think she's mean too. Kaylynn was her usual self laugh out loud

I still think April's the F1. I just truly don't see how it can be anyone else.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:53 pm

timfan wrote:I kind of find this season boring I do not even watch live anymore

It is a bit boring to me, because I really don't see anyone other than April now. I used to think it would be Sachelle, but I just don't see it.

Lisa is ok. She seems a bit insecure for some reason.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I'm actually really enjoying watching this season. It just comes off as more normal to me and less of a production than the one here in the US.

I really like Tim. I love his style and all around he seems like a really sweet and cool guy. I liked him even more tonight with April. To me, he's the most natural with her. I actually saw him open up to her big time and you could just see he was really hoping she would do the same. It was very sweet to watch as they have an ease about them. He's very soft with her, which I like. I know there's been a few posts here in regards to producers really showing off April as the F1, but I don't see that. We never even get any of their cocktail party time ever! I personally find that they're hiding her a bit.

I'm just not a fan of Trisha. In all of her ITMs I think she comes off as whiny, catty, and bratty. I don't dislike her, but she's very "meh" to me. I find Lisa to be funny and I always chuckle at some of her lines, but I do think she's mean too. Kaylynn was her usual self laugh out loud

I still think April's the F1. I just truly don't see how it can be anyone else.

The more I watch, the more I can't see anyone but April as the F1.

Trish...edited as catty, snarky, mean spirited. We are not really seeing much interaction with her and Tim despite that kissing scene in the ocean at the end of their date. More of a narrator than a participant in the love story.

Lisa...also edited as snarky with a real potty mouth. Difference from Trish is that she is actually spot on with her analysis and is shown as having more of a sense of humour. I am really curious to see what horrid thing she apparently does next week. Whatever it is, it clearly is very negative and will basically take her out of the running from my experience with how these things are edited.

Kaylynn...edited as drama queen, unstable, crying too much.

Sachelle...edited as nice, drama free, but not really shown much and seems to have no developing storyline with Tim.

April...edited as sweet, quiet, plays nice with everyone, attracted to Tim, he is doing everything to get her to open up. Has had the most intimacy with Tim...he hid their first kiss, chased after her on the beach and wanted to make her happy, carried her into the ocean and frolicked (just like Sean with Cat), he took her to see the place that changed his life at a time when he is undergoing another big life change, he is pulling stuff out of her and seems the most interested in getting her to open up. Seems the most relaxed with her and they have had this plotline of trust and opening up right from the get go. I would be flabbergasted it anyone other than April is it...and if it is anyone else, I would be having a good long talk with him about now!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:43 pm

I watched the episode and then came here to read the thread. I love everyone thoughts. I am probably the poster that has been vocal that I don't see April being hidden. I liked their date tonight and Tim is attracted to her very much so. Sprite I have to disagree with you about Trisha being edited as catty, snarky or mean spirited....which is why this forum makes things interesting.

I like Trisha, I guess because she reminds me of my daughter and her zest for life and true honesty in a humorous way is endearing. Trisha is spunky and I like it.

I like Lisa but I prefer spunky then hard shell.

Like I posted in the other thread, I can't wait to see how next week goes. In the preview seems that Trisha and Sachelle get 1:1 dates. So maybe a 3:1 date also???

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:26 am

4health wrote:I watched the episode and then came here to read the thread.  I love everyone thoughts.   I am probably the poster that has been vocal that I don't see April being hidden.    I liked their date tonight and Tim is attracted to her very much so.    Sprite I have to disagree with you about Trisha being edited as catty, snarky or mean spirited....which is why this forum makes things interesting.  

I like Trisha, I guess because she reminds me of my daughter and her zest for life and true honesty in a humorous way is endearing.  Trisha is spunky and I like it.  

I like Lisa but I prefer spunky then hard shell.  

Like I posted in the other thread, I can't wait to see how next week goes.  In the preview seems that Trisha and Sachelle get 1:1 dates.  So maybe a 3:1 date also???

See and to me it is Lisa who has the zest for life. She has never complained about anything they have had to do and is always excited about the new adventures...minus the snorkeling with the sharks while having her period...which she admitted to Tim. How much more honest can she get? She is always spot on about the other ladies...if not the most diplomatic...and she says it to their face. Contrast this with what we are being shown of Trisha who trash talks the others in her ITM's. (Not necessarily how it really goes down in real time, but that is what they are choosing to show us.) She is also shown pouting a lot...very grumpy face...a la MeAndi. I don't dislike her and she has had her fun moments...tonight with the pageant stuff at the end of the show and the waving while driving. Nevertheless, I guess the one that comes closest to annoying me is Kaylynn. She is just too much drama and crying for me, but that could have something to do with the fact that I cry about an average of once every ten years for personal reasons...sappy movies and commercials don't count!

Last edited by Sprite on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:50 am

I'm going to put it here too in case people don't head to the media thread, but yet another thing that we didn't get to see with April - Tim introduced her to his best friend and his fiancé on their 1-on-1! Wozers.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:09 am

I will put this question here also....Brad's season was 9 weeks, Tim's season is 10 weeks, what why the extra week?

4health

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:13 am

Ash2214 wrote:I'm going to put it here too in case people don't head to the media thread, but yet another thing that we didn't get to see with April - Tim introduced her to his best friend and his fiancé on their 1-on-1! Wozers.

Yep, I think it's all about Tim chasing April. I see Trisha and Kaylynn second to that connection which makes me think Kaylynn gets a HTD even though we have no caps for it. F4 - April, Trisha, Sachelle, Kaylynn. Lisa going home in Italy. Still really wondering if anyone makes it past HTD besides April. It's certainly in keeping with what Tim has done thus far with the eliminations and might be a romantic ending that we've never seen before. no idea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:38 am

4health wrote:I will put this question here also....Brad's season was 9 weeks, Tim's season is 10 weeks, what why the extra week?  

I believe the US version started out with only 6 episodes and just kept getting bigger. Maybe they felt more comfortable filming the second time around and felt it needed the extra episode. Maybe they had an extra time slot to fill. I think I also read somewhere that there is some issue with exactly how the episodes are counted...if the WTA was counted as an episode? Maybe there is no reason other than it makes them more money.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:44 am

Ash2214 wrote:I'm going to put it here too in case people don't head to the media thread, but yet another thing that we didn't get to see with April - Tim introduced her to his best friend and his fiancé on their 1-on-1! Wozers.

I think that is a big thing but I found her blog very interesting when you include her post rose diary video also. She has a lot of questions about Tim. I think Tim enjoys knowing if all the girls feel something for him and he said so to April at the beach when she was upset. He wants to know if she likes him, he already knows or feels the other girls like him. I believe Tim when he says that he doesn't know yet. Yes, he is attracted to April, she is beautiful, but I still think it is being edited as too obvious for me to be sure she is F1 yet. After HTD is a better indication for me.

4health

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:19 am

4health wrote:

I think that is a big thing but I found her blog very interesting when you include her post rose diary video also.  She has a lot of questions about Tim.  I think Tim enjoys knowing if all the girls feel something for him and he said so to April at the beach when she was upset.  He wants to know if she likes him, he already knows or feels the other girls like him.  I believe Tim when he says that he doesn't know yet.  Yes, he is attracted to April, she is beautiful, but I still think it is being edited as too obvious for me to be sure she is F1 yet.  After HTD is a better indication for me.  

Yes, HTD are when things really start hopping. The MOT people are gone and we are down to the ones that the lead is most into and comfortable with. We get to see how they gel with families and the body language becomes much more obvious because we finally get to see the lead spend an equal amount of time with all the remaining people. Not only an equal amount, but a more significant amount of time than we have been seeing thus far. I find this particularly the case with the Canadian version since each episode is only an hour long. In the US version there is more time spent on each date. The Canadian version basically shows you what they are doing, a couple of minutes of some activity and a bit of very superficial conversation and we"re on to the next one. I don't think we even get 5 minutes with each date, whereas, in the US version we typically get about 10+ minutes. You just get more to observe and analyze even on the early dates. Here, the HTD's are our first opportunity to actually get to observe a significant amount of interaction between the lead and the rest of the cast.

I also think Tim doesn't know yet for sure, but I would bet money on the fact that he knows she is the one he is most interested in and is the one he can picture a future with. The fact that he keeps questioning this is one of the reasons I suspect she is the one. She is the only one he is really casting doubt about. It is their story arc...the doubt. Is she interested in him? Is he interested in her? Nobody else really has this relationship arc (or any for that matter), and if we go by the typical edit, this usually signifies the F1. How do they work to resolve their issues to get to the engagement? We shall see.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Episode 5 - Oct 14 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+15
newfiegirl
Sprite
AllAboutLove
Ash2214
timfan