Reality Steve

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reality Steve - Page 30 Empty Re: Reality Steve

Post by bluwavz Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:54 pm

noobsleuth wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
albean99 wrote:
agentcurls wrote:I think some will be surprised to find out that Ben is far from perfact. A great guy, yes. Extremely intelligent & articulate, heck yes. Perfact? No.

I don't think any Ben fans thought he was perfect even with a great edit, Agentcurls. The only halo comment's about him were from others.

I believe you, albean. Think we will be surprised at how Ben takes the news he wasn't F1. Like, where was all of this Ben all season? He's been calm, cool, collected. He's always been so even-keeled....it won't be what we expected out of Ben. But it will make him in my eyes to be very sincere. I've always thought most F2s take the bad news all too well.... :Nod:

Totally agree 100%. I think it will more endearing than anything.

That's the only bright spot I see in this whole situation. It proves Ben really did have strong feelings for Ashley and that he was genuine and sincere. It's bothered me a few times how well most F2's have taken being rejected. It's not that I don't like that they were gracious, but it felt like a lot of times that they didn't even care. That's why I loved Chantal's exit last season. She had real emotion.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:33 pm

bluwavz wrote:
noobsleuth wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
albean99 wrote:
agentcurls wrote:I think some will be surprised to find out that Ben is far from perfact. A great guy, yes. Extremely intelligent & articulate, heck yes. Perfact? No.

I don't think any Ben fans thought he was perfect even with a great edit, Agentcurls. The only halo comment's about him were from others.

I believe you, albean. Think we will be surprised at how Ben takes the news he wasn't F1. Like, where was all of this Ben all season? He's been calm, cool, collected. He's always been so even-keeled....it won't be what we expected out of Ben. But it will make him in my eyes to be very sincere. I've always thought most F2s take the bad news all too well.... :Nod:

Totally agree 100%. I think it will more endearing than anything.

That's the only bright spot I see in this whole situation. It proves Ben really did have strong feelings for Ashley and that he was genuine and sincere. It's bothered me a few times how well most F2's have taken being rejected. It's not that I don't like that they were gracious, but it felt like a lot of times that they didn't even care. That's why I loved Chantal's exit last season. She had real emotion.

Good post, Bluwavz. I'm not sure I'll call it endearing, buy I haven't seen it yet. Now if a group of posters who are still harping on JP's jealousy and temper can just realize the same feelings were true for JP about Ashley--he just developed them a few weeks earlier than Ben. He was genuine and sincere about not wanting to watch other "men" kiss his lady and to have it even insinuated that another had spent the night with her. It showed he was truly cared for Ashley.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Coming from someone that normally hates anything crude, that video cracked me up.

But so did Jimmy Kimmel's video of Ben Afleck.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 pm

I agree that it showed JP really cared for Ashley.... but I do see a bit of a difference between being upset during a process to which 25 people were giving their time, and to varying degrees, their emotions, and being upset at a rejected proposal of marriage. Similar, but not quite the same imho

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieGal Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:55 pm

RS gets his info from contestants from the show, or else friends from the contestants. Is Ben angry enough about the show to spill the beans to him? :greenman: He just seemed like someone who did not care that he took to Twitter or talked to former gals from the show. It may explain RS's confidence in knowing who is F1. No idea though.

As with so many things, there is the story told, and there is the story itself.
BlondieGal
BlondieGal

Female Posts : 1122

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:04 pm

alsoaktchr wrote:I agree that it showed JP really cared for Ashley.... but I do see a bit of a difference between being upset during a process to which 25 people were giving their time, and to varying degrees, their emotions, and being upset at a rejected proposal of marriage. Similar, but not quite the same imho

I think it had a lot to do with the different way both men chose to deal with the artificial environment they were in; JP chose to confront it and suffer, Ben chose to ignore it and possibly be blindsided.

Also, as awful as getting turned down was for Ben, I'm sure there are men who get their marriage proposals rejected every day from women (or other men) who they felt confident would accept. Do we assume they all react with anger? Would we expect more gracious behavior from them or not? Do we blame the other party for letting them get the proposal out, knowing they're not interested? Such is life, it's often messy. no idea

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:22 pm

I have NEVER heard of anyone proposing and getting rejected IRL....?? I guess it happens, but in my limited experience, the proposal usually is a given, it's the when/where/how that is usually - but not always - a surprise???

A FRC before which a lead is constantly asking, in effect, "are you going to be ready to propose", to my feeble mind is not quite the same as a real-life situation. Will every FRC go down beautifully? No - as you say, life is messy. But in this contrived situation, might a lead be prepared for the possibility, say, that her F2 will attempt to propose? In my mind, I kinda think so...?

(Having just gotten my "time to get ready for the new term" letter in the mail, I can draw an analogy in a way to Parent-Teacher Conferences.... there's always a couple of appts. that a teacher must be very well-prepared for, either because the parent is particularly sensitive, or the message that is to be conveyed is difficult. A teacher would be doing everyone a disservice - esp. herself - if s/he did not really almost script her side of the convo. Of course, occasionally there are the appts. which hit one from out of left field - ie a parent raises a complaint the teacher was not expecting to hear about. Those are tougher to prep for. But in the case of a FRC, it's a dichotomous situation - either your F2 will want to marry you or not. If you know he's not the one, and think the encounter will be difficult/painful, you over-prepare.)

Back to top Go down

Post by chicagoowl Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:00 pm

ironcat wrote:
alsoaktchr wrote:I agree that it showed JP really cared for Ashley.... but I do see a bit of a difference between being upset during a process to which 25 people were giving their time, and to varying degrees, their emotions, and being upset at a rejected proposal of marriage. Similar, but not quite the same imho

I think it had a lot to do with the different way both men chose to deal with the artificial environment they were in; JP chose to confront it and suffer, Ben chose to ignore it and possibly be blindsided.

Also, as awful as getting turned down was for Ben, I'm sure there are men who get their marriage proposals rejected every day from women (or other men) who they felt confident would accept. Do we assume they all react with anger? Would we expect more gracious behavior from them or not? Do we blame the other party for letting them get the proposal out, knowing they're not interested? Such is life, it's often messy. no idea

I agree. I think JP was realistic about it. He saw the connection Ashley was forming with Ben and was getting a little jealous. Ben on the other hand, thought at one point, that JP wouldn't get the rose on his date and would be going home. He was totally aloof as to what was going on around him. If he would have payed attention he would have noticed JP's connection with AShley... Ames noticed it. Smiley Smiley
chicagoowl
chicagoowl

Female Posts : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:08 pm

I think he is just human.

Last edited by pavalygurl on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:14 pm

emusha wrote:bahahaahaha that video is hilarious!!! Reality Steve - Page 30 3562723908 Reality Steve - Page 30 3562723908 and utterly crude but more funny than vulgar I thought... K now I'm thinking Britt is a better match for Ben than Shawntell....
their voices are actually decent tho if they ever want to do real songs -- is he in a band or something?? He still has a nice bod and is a supper sweet guy Smiley doesn't really change my opinion of him much other than he's definitively like a lotta man-boys in their 20ies just goofing off and likely totally unready for a real relationship ...but this was a few years ago right? so who knows...
I still don't know if he'll fit with the BB crew (namely Wes-Kovacs-Dave) actually -- it's their disrespectful tone toward women and their seemingly "highschool mentality" that's the least desirable trait (which btw reminds me BP2 is sooo high school it's not even funny)-- doubt Ben is like that...but then again who knows I don't know any of these people for real?

that is my thinking as well. I always thought and still do that Ben is "fantastic" to quote Britt, but I knew he was not as innocent as portrayed. I think Shawntell will find her love and I hope Ben does as well. Britt I think would be able to "get" Ben just a bit more. They both seem to share an edgy humor, which I love.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:17 pm

[quote="Bronwyn"]
alsoaktchr wrote:Thanks for the copy & paste!! :-)

RS has some nerve ragging on Ben about spoiling TB's ending.... pot, meet kettle....
Plus, how many of us knew that info for certain?? So not only did RS spoil the ending by announcing JP F1, but he added insult to injury with his BrittBen info. And more likely at Ben's expense than MF's. Anyone who was still on TeamBen was hoping for a last minute switcheroo after RS' tweet. He's quite the hypocrite - and I'd tell him if hubby would let me.

Personally, my opinion about acceptable F2 behavior has changed over time. If it's ok for JP to come into LAX openly, or for the 2 of them to stay at NYC hotels and leave sans disguise (if indeed that happened), why is it not ok for a hurting F2 to pursue what makes him/her happy?? Creates 2 classes of people on this show. jmho

I have no problem with anything Ben may have done after filming that would be perceived to be against the rules. I say more power to him.[/quote]

Amen!!!Reality Steve - Page 30 4007783940

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by ryvetted Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Am I wrong, or (according to the site) "Forgery Films" just upload their video themselves yesterday? no idea
Kinda weird if they did......

Reality Steve - Page 30 GIFBDayCupcake
ryvetted
ryvetted

Female Posts : 4022

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top