SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 8 - Monday Feb 16 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 7 of 47 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

8 - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 8 - Monday Feb 16 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 8 - Monday Feb 16 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:43 am

stuckinsc wrote:This is just me, but we have seen this three times now.  Sorry, I don't care if Britt is a drama queen, Chris to me is a guy who just walks away and expects it to be okay.

Once it okay, but this is a pattern to me.  

Jeepers wrote:He didn't just walk away and expect it to be ok .. He did attempt to let Britt know why the rose went to someone else .. He actually basically gave her the option of leaving if she didn't like it .. And then said goodnight .. That is hardly avoidance .. He actually addressed Britt .. Head on

Sometimes when I am upset about something I need to just walk away. I know if I stay and have it out at that moment, I will probably say something that I may regret later when I cool down and am thinking more clearly...or I might start bawling. Either way, I don't want to do that. Doesn't mean that I don't come back and discuss it at another time when everyone has cooled down and thought things through. just not at the moment. I suspect Chris may be of the same mind set. Sometimes it is more prudent to walk away than to give people something to throw back at you...particularly on the Bachelor.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

8 - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 8 - Monday Feb 16 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 8 - Monday Feb 16 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:53 am

Jeepers wrote:He didn't just walk away and expect it to be ok .. He did attempt to let Britt know why the rose went to someone else .. He actually basically gave her the option of leaving if she didn't like it .. And then said goodnight .. That is hardly avoidance .. He actually addressed Britt .. Head on
I completely agree. Britt stepped way over the line once again and Chris handled it right. He did tell her that if she wasnt happy she could go, he didn't try to put more awkwardness into the situation for the other two by taking Britt aside, he didn't avoid it at all. He was a gentleman at the end by saying a short curt goodnight to avoid more confrontation that would make the others feel bad about too. What Britt did in that circumstance was totally out of control.

As far as there being a pattern, I just don't get that. He has tried to act like a gentleman with Britt before and this time, he told her how he felt, why he was giving the rose to someone else. He wanted to avoid confrontation that Britt really wanted to carry on with and the best way to do it at that time was to excuse himself as he could obviously see she wasn't going to drop it.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:07 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
I completely agree.  Britt stepped way over the line once again and Chris handled it right.  He did tell her that if she wasnt happy she could go, he didn't try to put more awkwardness into the situation for the other two by taking Britt aside, he didn't avoid it at all.  He was a gentleman at the end by saying a short curt goodnight to avoid more confrontation that would make the others feel bad about too.  What Britt did in that circumstance was totally out of control.

As far as there being a pattern, I just don't get that.  He has tried to act like a gentleman with Britt before and this time, he told her how he felt, why he was giving the rose to someone else.  He wanted to avoid confrontation that Britt really wanted to carry on with and the best way to do it at that time was to excuse himself as he could obviously see she wasn't going to drop it.

I agree that Brit was way out of line :yes:   however he has used the "if you don't ... you can leave" line twice so I hope it isn't his go to cop out line.  Some people use that approach a lot.  I'm giving him the benefit of doubt.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:18 pm

notarose wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
I completely agree.  Britt stepped way over the line once again and Chris handled it right.  He did tell her that if she wasnt happy she could go, he didn't try to put more awkwardness into the situation for the other two by taking Britt aside, he didn't avoid it at all.  He was a gentleman at the end by saying a short curt goodnight to avoid more confrontation that would make the others feel bad about too.  What Britt did in that circumstance was totally out of control.

As far as there being a pattern, I just don't get that.  He has tried to act like a gentleman with Britt before and this time, he told her how he felt, why he was giving the rose to someone else.  He wanted to avoid confrontation that Britt really wanted to carry on with and the best way to do it at that time was to excuse himself as he could obviously see she wasn't going to drop it.

I agree that Brit was way out of line :yes:   however he has used the "if you don't ... you can leave" line twice so I hope it isn't his go to cop out line.  Some people use that approach a lot.  I'm giving him the benefit of doubt.
I am giving him the benefit of the doubt too....I like the guy and am keeping a very open mind as to different prospects including the spoiler could be wrong and the fact that Becca is dressed in her HTD clothes, jewelry, nail polish and makeup it seems in those IG pics. Very suspicious to me for sure.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Britt was soooo over the line. I have no problem with how Chris handled it, other than I wish he would have more been more strong in standing up for himself (and Kaitlyn) both times Britt decided she was so important and superior that she should question his judgement about who he gives roses to. I wish he had apologized on her behalf to Kaitlyn and Carly for Britt being so dismissive and disrespectful of them.

I agree, I think he'd rather bite his tongue in a stressful situation, than say something in the heat of the moment that comes out wrong or makes someone feel bad. I applaud that he doesn't react in anger, but with a strong stance. I would def have shown I was ticked off with Britt in that situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:36 pm

Remember, by this time in the evening, he's heard from Carly that she's faking her reaction (to him) of life in Arlington.... so his response about her going home has a basis- we don't know if he's confronted her during the date or not (I'm sure they'll show it if he did). He's looking for her to be truthful because he's been given reason to believe she hasn't been.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:40 pm

relaxing wrote:Britt was soooo over the line.  I have no problem with how Chris handled it, other than I wish he would have more been more strong in standing up for himself (and Kaitlyn) both times Britt decided she was so important and superior that she should question his judgement about who he gives roses to.  I wish he had apologized on her behalf to Kaitlyn and Carly for Britt being so dismissive and disrespectful of them.

I agree, I think he'd rather bite his tongue in a stressful situation, than say something in the heat of the moment that comes out wrong or makes someone feel bad.  I applaud that he doesn't react in anger, but with a strong stance.  I would def have shown I was ticked off with Britt in that situation.
 Yep.  I sorta wish Kaitlyn would have used the same line she used on Jimmy Kimmel:  "you know I can hear you".  But then who knows how messy it would have gotten.  Best to watch and learn.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:41 pm

In the preview, last night, she was shown telling him how much she loved Arlington! It didn't look like a confrontation, he must have asked her for her thoughts after the visit to Arlington, and she did her "fake" thing.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:48 pm

julychild wrote:In the preview, last night, she was shown telling him how much she loved Arlington! It didn't look like a confrontation, he must have asked her for her thoughts after the visit to Arlington, and she did her "fake" thing.
The confrontation was after he gave Kaitlyn the group date rose, julychild.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15335

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:06 pm

albean99 wrote:
julychild wrote:In the preview, last night, she was shown telling him how much she loved Arlington! It didn't look like a confrontation, he must have asked her for her thoughts after the visit to Arlington, and she did her "fake" thing.

Yes, I saw that. What I meant was, Chris didn't "confront" Britt after Carly spoke to him about her. A scene was shown of the two of them on the bridge and Britt said "we all went to Arlington, I loved it." I think he must have just digested that statement and didn't out right ask her if she was telling the truth or not.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:32 pm

julychild wrote:
albean99 wrote:

Yes, I saw that. What I meant was, Chris didn't "confront" Britt after Carly spoke to him about her. A scene was shown of the two of them on the bridge and Britt said "we all went to Arlington, I loved it." I think he must have just digested that statement and didn't out right ask her if she was telling the truth or not.

Piecing the sneak peeks and previews together: Carly warns Chris at the rink; Chris and Brit talk on the bridge where she tells him she loved Arlington (just like Carly told Chris that Brit reacted when asked by Jade upon return from road trip); Brit questions Chris after Kaitlyn gets rose. 
Yep, he either didn't tell Brit about his conversation with Carly or Ashley (different from telling Kelsey what Ashley said) or he did tell Brit and it was worked out in a way that warranted Brit staying for the remainder of the GD.  Since there are no rules, he could have let her or anyone go at any time.  He would know that as Andi let Eric and Andrew go before RCs.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:42 pm

notarose wrote:
julychild wrote:
albean99 wrote:

Piecing the sneak peeks and previews together: Carly warns Chris at the rink; Chris and Brit talk on the bridge where she tells him she loved Arlington (just like Carly told Chris that Brit reacted when asked by Jade upon return from road trip); Brit questions Chris after Kaitlyn gets rose. 
Yep, he either didn't tell Brit about his conversation with Carly or Ashley (different from telling Kelsey what Ashley said) or he did tell Brit and it was worked out in a way that warranted Brit staying for the remainder of the GD.  Since there are no rules, he could have let her or anyone go at any time.  He would know that as Andi let Eric and Andrew go before RCs.

I would love to see Britt's reaction if she were let go at a RC..... would probably look like the curb breakdown.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 47 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 8 - Monday Feb 16 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+62
luvstx
gurlbrit
whatever
fabgirl
Rosemary8
northernviewer
MVMom39forever
Pattycake92
Longhornfan
Miyala
quietpal