SELECT CONTENT

Brady Toops - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

8 - Brady Toops - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Brady Toops - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by california90 Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:53 pm

I never saw him with Kaitlyn either.

I wonder how much TPTB will follow them?

california90

Back to top Go down

8 - Brady Toops - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Brady Toops - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:52 am

albean99 wrote:According to RS Brady is now dating Britt and he left the show to pursue her. There's a pic in the season 11 tweets thread.  https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2846p360-the-bachelorette-season-11-kaitlyn-bristowe-tweets-ig-sleuthing-spoilers-discussion
Wow, didn't see this one coming! I guess I should have. Film crew following them too...hmm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:33 am

Lost17 wrote:
albean99 wrote:According to RS Brady is now dating Britt and he left the show to pursue her. There's a pic in the season 11 tweets thread.  https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2846p360-the-bachelorette-season-11-kaitlyn-bristowe-tweets-ig-sleuthing-spoilers-discussion
Wow, didn't see this one coming! I guess I should have. Film crew following them too...hmm.

sorry if this has been discussed. is it a production set up or a natural set up? if the latter why on earth they are followed by production? question

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:42 am

murasaki1393 wrote:
Lost17 wrote:

sorry if this has been discussed. is it a production set up or a natural set up? if the latter why on earth they are followed by production? question

probably production. they hyped britt up soooooo much, they couldn't just let her go. so they're trying to do something "different".

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:57 am

california90 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
Lost17 wrote:

probably production. they hyped britt up soooooo much, they couldn't just let her go. so they're trying to do something "different".

thats what im thinking too... Hmmmm... so absofreakinlutely interesting!!!... :dripdrip 8 - Brady Toops - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 5 3806527698

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:21 am

An article from 2008...

8 - Brady Toops - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 5 Rtffmk10

Toops puts down the bat for a guitar Ex-Cardinal hits the road to support new album

The greatest baseball moment in the life of Brady Toops came in the 2004 NCAA regionals when the left-handed-hitting catcher for the University of Arkansas extended the Razorbacks' season with a two-out, two-runs-down grand slam in the ninth inning to beat Wichita State.

Almost 4 years later, he's trying to hit another one out of the park, but it's a much different ballgame.

Toops, who was selected in the 10th round of the 2004 First-Year Player Draft by the St. Louis Cardinals and played a few seasons in the Minor Leagues, finally gave up on baseball and dedicated his life to two other callings: music and his Christian faith.

Now he's driving around the country with an acoustic guitar, a box of his self-produced, debut CD, Only You, and his dreams. He plays gigs, speaks to youth groups and wonders where it all will take him.

"Music has been my passion ever since I was little, but baseball was always at the forefront because it's what I did and kept succeeding at," says Toops, 26. "I was always of the mindset that I'm going to play until they kicked me off the field."

Toops said he began singing as a child, whether in church or at home or in his parents' car when the radio was on. He participated in a choir at his school and with different ensemble groups. He first picked up a guitar in 2001, his freshman year at Arkansas.

"I learned from friends, taught myself the chords, and started writing songs maybe a year later," he says. "I just began to explore that whole arena, and it was a real escape for me from baseball. Especially being a catcher in the SEC on a competitive team, there's a lot of pressure and stress. The way I would get out of that was to pick up a guitar and jam for a while."

Once Toops decided last year to no longer pursue baseball, he said he pondered what to do with his life and came to the conclusion that, "Music is what I want to do if I can find a way to make a living at it."

He traveled for a while and played small gigs before coming home and telling his parents that he needed "a five-month plan."

That plan included finishing up the three credits he had left for his degree in marketing management -- he wrote a 40-page, single-spaced thesis paper to accomplish that goal last November -- and making a CD.

Soon enough, by the winter, Only You was complete, with everything from production, engineering, mixing, mastering and album art having been coordinated and funded by Toops.

The result is a clean collection of seven acoustic, gentle, heartfelt and melodic songs that have won the Minnesota native fans across the Midwest as he travels around selling them at gigs.

"Graduating college gave me the freedom to lie and explore the life of a musician and playing," Toops says. "Since then, I've been booking all sorts of places to play in the last three months: coffee shops, churches, retreats, Bible camps, private Christmas parties. You name it, I've played there."

And through word of mouth, his two Web sites - www.bradytoops.com and www.myspace.com/bradytoops -- and getting his album in iTunes, Toops says he's managed to "break even" on his touring so far.

"In baseball, I played a lot before thousands of people," Toops says. "In music you're before people, too, and you have to learn how to handle yourself, play at a top level and perform. It's been a fun transition."

Toops says he's mostly influenced by artists "who are real and authentic in songwriting and unafraid to be passionate or wear their emotions in their songs."

That has led him to Christian singers Anthony Skinner and John Mark McMillan as well as secular artists Damien Rice, Ben Harper and Ray Lamontagne.

"I love listening to all types of music, from secular to Christian," Toops says. "Everything influences me in a different way and helps me find ways to say things lyrically and find new sounds. I look for something that's real, that has some sort of passion in it, something that affects the soul."

Toops says he can't predict how his music career will end up but he's enjoying the ride while it goes on.

"If I can do what I love and get paid for it, that's a dream come true," Toops says.

"Right now, it's working."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article_entertainment.jsp?ymd=20080403&content_id=2488065&vkey=entertainment&fext=.jsp

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:43 am

Brady seems really interested in what Britt is saying  awwww

8 - Brady Toops - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 5 CA0hOFhUUAAYIB3

@DicksCottons  For all you Bachelorette fans, I just saw Britt on Melrose eating Ice Cream on a date w/ a film crew there.

jen689

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:49 am

From RS...

Brady and Britt with out a camera crew

8 - Brady Toops - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 5 Brittb11

jen689

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:07 am

8 - Brady Toops - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 5 Bradyt10

http://www.last.fm/music/Brady+Toops/+images/68047640

jen689

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:14 am

From 2013...

New album from Toops debuts at #8 on the iTunes Christian/Gospel Charts.

On Tuesday, August 27th, independent singer/songwriter Brady Toops debuted his new self-titled, full length record in digital stores worldwide and broke into the top 10 for iTunes album sales in the Christian/Gospel category, reaching the #8 spot. The new success highlights the grassroots following Toops has cultivated over the last couple of years on the road as an independent artist with no label or management backing.

Chad Michael Snavely, producer at RELEVANT Magazine, first heard the new record from Toops a couple months ago when a mutual friend, Phillp LaRue (Us & Our Daughters), passed it along. After hearing the tunes, Chad Michael described the sound as “the perfect blend between Johnny Cash and John Mark McMillan”. RELEVANT has gotten behind the record and featured it on their re-launched music service called The Drop where they stream albums from a number of up and coming signed and unsigned artists.

In his quest to redefine the proposed gap between the sacred and the secular, Brady Toops makes music that truly appeals to the soul. Drawing inspiration from artists like Jon Foreman and the previously mentioned, Johnny Cash, he combines elements of traditional folk, rock'n'roll and gospel in this latest project. Brady teamed up with new producer David Leonard (of All Sons & Daughters) to work on this 11-song collection in Franklin, Tenn. over the last year and a half. Though many have called this album a worship record, it displays a unique variety of hymns, spirituals, and traditional singer/songwriter tunes all wrapped in a warm vintage sound. It includes co-writes with David Leonard (Integrity), as well as Anthony Skinner and Mia Fieldes (Hillsong).

"How a person sees the world bleeds through everything they do. The songs on this record are the most honest and sincere words I know how to say, whether that's being said to God, to a friend, or even to a certain group of people. The record is filled with prayers and stories around the themes of hope and mercy, as well as the struggle of pain and redemption. Many of these songs were written because I needed to find new words to express what I need to say. So my hope with this record is that it would add greater beauty to people’s lives and maybe help them to see their story and find their voice in the midst of these tunes," shares Brady.

Having grown up in New London, a small Minnesota town, Toops spent the majority of his early years running around on diamonds and athletic fields. After making a brief stint in Minor League Baseball with the St. Louis Cardinals, he left the world of athletics in 2007 to begin pursuing his first love, music. Now based out of Nashville, Tenn., Brady continues his musical pursuits while collaborating with an incredible community of talented artists and friends. To listen and/or purchase the new record from Brady Toops on iTunes click HERE. For more music, videos, and updates also visit http://www.bradytoops.com

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11077359.htm

jen689

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:40 am

40 minute podcast...

Baseball, Music & the Gospel with Brady Toops

http://www.shaneblackshear.com/?powerpress_pinw=1378-podcast

jen689

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:55 am

Thanks jen for all that info! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brady Toops - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

+40
IrishGal
Hotmomma
nd4reality
Mirzam
MMA50