SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Page 40 of 79 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 40 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Post by Katiebelle Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:08 pm

Oh I meant to add this .

The producers don't need to show the full on "love story" in the segments and episodes because there isn't one. That's for after the show.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 40 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:09 pm

oh I see. okay then. well... what a waste of time then no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:14 pm

sorry in advance for matilda's fans but since she is often portrayed as the perfect lovely sweet girl, I wanted to show her witty catty side.

No wonder, dani and matilda are often on ITM. They make a good show Smiley

I find it funny to see matilda bitting her lips and if you look closely the look exchange with dani and the complicity they both have.

Last edited by HEA on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Waste of time? Definitely not! I think this show is about the possibility of love! All the previous shows have proven that finding true and lasting love this way is rare but it doesn't make the journey to or hope for any less exciting.

Love to carry on this discussion but I'm off to a party! Looking forward to seeing everyone else's viiews when I get back.

Cheers, Katiebelle

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:19 pm

Katiebelle wrote:Waste of time? Definitely not! I think this show is about the possibility of love! All the previous shows have proven that finding true and lasting love this way is rare but it doesn't make the journey to or hope for any less exciting.

Love to carry on this discussion but I'm off to a party! Looking forward to seeing everyone else's viiews when I get back.

Cheers, Katiebelle

that is definitely a slap on my face katiebelle. cantstopl

Last edited by HEA on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:21 pm

Katiebelle wrote:Waste of time? Definitely not! I think this show is about the possibility of love! All the previous shows have proven that finding true and lasting love this way is rare but it doesn't make the journey to or hope for any less exciting.

Cheers, Katiebelle

Btw - the party I'm going to is my in laws 50th wedding aniversary! Now that's commitment and love! hearthumbsup :swinginglove :sweetheart: Jumping hearts lovetogether cheerstoyou
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:25 am

HEA wrote:You are right Katiebelle.
I also saw he went to the hospital. We saw Dani alone watching the ambulance leaving and he was inside the ambulance.
What does not match is that they hospital but then it looked like he visited her and did not go with her (we have to guess he went, it was not plain obvious) and we all sow how unnatural it was when he visited her right? The producers should have jump on this golden opportunity to show us the connection and give us some tips. What I saw was arthur taking dani in his arms and spend 3 minutes in matilda's hospital bedroom...
*snipped*
It was two separate days. I already posted screencaps and a summary of this https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2879p372-bachelor-new-zealand-art-green-episode-discussion-sleuthing-spoilers#784526.

Day of group date and Matilda in ambulance was 4pm. He went with her.
Day of CP/RC he visited her. Two separate days. We know this because Natalie says at the CP, "yesterday was a catastrophic day with what happened to Matilda."

I doubt the producers are going to jump at anything that intimate. This show is being watched by lots of pre-teen and 13-15 year olds. They are the ones making fan pages and fan SM accounts. It is a totally different audience and timeslot than any other franchise. 7:30pm. IA with Katiebelle they are doing their own thing. :Nod:
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:26 am

Katiebelle wrote:

Cheers, Katiebelle

Btw - the party I'm going to is my in laws 50th wedding aniversary! Now that's commitment and love! hearthumbsup :swinginglove :sweetheart: Jumping hearts lovetogether cheerstoyou
Spot on post Katiebelle! yes And congratulations to your in-laws 50th! That is indeed, real life and commitment!! thumbsup :wedding lovetogether
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:46 am

Katiebelle wrote:Ok, so I have been a little concerned that Arthur is not having a one on one date with Matilda (my favourite) in the next episode. How is he suppose to fall for her if he hardly spends any time with her! Well my daughter missed the last episode and I sat down and watched it with her and on the recap you definitely see his legs (ambulance officers do not wear jeans) as they are closing the doorof the ambulance. I know we all speculated that he went with her but I think that's absolute proof. I'm sorry but I don't know how to do screen caps - hopefully someone else can put it up.

Imagine how invaluable time away from the cameras would be to a couple on this show? Yes, I do know that she was in pain but the conversations that they would have had to, in and from the hospital  definitely would have made their connection much stronger. You could really be yourself. They will both know that that is the true them and not a persona for the camera. I think a much better way to start a relationship than one in this artificial environment of a show
>> Art going with Matilda when she broke her wrist: he definitely was with Matilda in the ambulance. 
- He also visited her the next day. It was two separate days. The horse group date was the day before the cocktail party and Matilda was in the ambulance at just after 4 PM (there is a screencap of this that I posted). Here's the post https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2879p468-bachelor-new-zealand-art-green-episode-discussion-sleuthing-spoilers#785889

>> Matilda and her second one on one date: 
- I think that things may have changed when Matilda broke her wrist. For example, she couldn't go on date that Poppy had and jump out of an airplane or the date Danielle had with blow-karting. She also cannot go swimming with her arm in a cast. 
- That being said, however, I think that it will be more interesting to see if Matilda gets a romantic date and not an adrenaline adventure date so they can connect even more. 
- So far Matilda and Art have the most talking one-on-one time with Poppy being a second person who does. When Matilda didn't have a date with Art she was shown talking to him at the cocktail parties. This is something that is unique with her and also Poppy. Art asks if he can talk to them the most at CP. 
- I also happen to think that having one of the last single dates before Hometown Dates (HTD) is the most important as it will be the most recent date Art will have to remember going into hometown visits and that is always a good thing. So if Matilda gets a SD prior to HTD that is a good thing, imo. Plus, Art already spent off-camera time with her so they got closer. I also think that we didn't get to hear what Art said to Matilda when she told him she really liked him and was in it for the long haul. He was definitely saying something back to her but we had a voice over from him so we didn't hear it. Likely we will hear it later on...

Katiebelle wrote:I think there is too much emphasis on this forum on past bachelor series formulas. Remember that they are making this show primary for the New Zealand audience and most of us have never seen it before so therefore do not know there is usually a "formula" that the show generally follows.

Don't forget that New Zealand has a very distinct culture. We thrive on our inviduality and only really align with Australians. We embrace our "Downunder" existence, love being the "lone wolf" and very rarely follow the pack. A perfect example is our nuclear free stance. Even though we are very friendly with the U.S. govt we will not allow any warships in our waters.

I would expect our producers to edit the show in their own unique way and not follow the previous formulas of the American shows.

Also, I see no problem with Art and Matilda and the slow development of their relationship. We know that he is not going to propose so why can't this just be the "getting to know you" stage before they commit to actively dating.

Excellent post Katiebelle! clapping! I agree with everything you said. :yes: 

>> Since this is NZ's first foray into this type of reality television and the first season I would think it's going to be very reserved and not rushed and it hasn't been. 
- From what I gather and from what Art himself said in an interview, Kiwi's love to hate on this type of stuff so it would serve the show best to not make it seem like a love story but a strong-like to starting to fall-in-love story. 
- Because this is the first season I also think that they will edit it with the final girl in mind: Matilda has the most screen time and focus since the first episode. She even gets screen time on episodes where she is not even on a date. She is constantly talking/narrating and has done so more than any of the other girls (Poppy, Dani and Alysha are next with most airtime of ITM/PIs).

>> Also regarding the rumors, I would think that if there is truth to them, Art is going to get obliterated in the NZ media. 
- Americans (and even the other franchises now) are used to this show, so the usual comeback to someone like Art who is more reserved and not proposing at the end of all this is "well he didn't propose or kiss a whole bunch of girls, etc, etc, so he is much better than the rest of them". Yes that may be so, but I agree with you that this is NZ and thus the culture of any country needs to be taken into consideration. My mom and I were just discussing the NZ show and how similar the culture is to RSA culture (at least the part where we are from and our relatives that live in NZ say they feel at home and that is basically the same minus the crime). We were laughing because even the mannerisms and jokes are so similar, especially the "all the best". giggling  
- In my opinion (IMO), Art will get a lot of hate merely because it is the first season and while expectations are low (that is, no engagement, just dating at the end of the show) there will likely be backlash against the show itself if the couple are already broken up within a few months post-filming. 
- I don't see Art being someone who would put himself through that backlash or even his company brand will become a bit of a laughingstock if he tells any of the girls at the end he is falling for them and then breaks up with the final girl when the final show airs.
- So... based on this I am hopeful that he is still with his final girl (F1) and will be surprised if he is not.

ETA: Just saw that you posted in the other thread that TBNZ admin posted saying that Art is NOT with his ex! SO glad they cleared that up! I am sure it would be so hurtful to Art and his final girl to hear those rumors. Still think it is odd that NOT one person has any proof outside of hearsay.

From TBNZ facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheBachelorNZ/posts/1586281458278518
Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 40 Hjghk10
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:40 am

Yes South Africans and Kiwis are very similar. I have South African friends and they have slotted into our kiwi lifestyle very easily.

As for the audience that producers are aiming for. AAL definitely has it right. At the party I attended the Bachelor NZ was the hot topic amongst the 10 to 25 year group. Most of the facebook posts are from people in their teens and 20s.

Although we do have a American television on our screens we also have our own programmes and a lot of Australian and British tv. In fact, our most popular shows are British. Shows like The Bachelor are just not that common. Some people consider it as a little "low brow" and don't see the great entertainment it really is. There is also the "Tall Poppy" syndrome that the Aussies and Kiwis tend to exhibit. (Not a nice trait and something as a nation we are trying to stop. Hopefully the next generation will be better! )

Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:49 am

Katiebelle wrote:Yes South Africans and Kiwis are very similar. I have South African friends and they have slotted into our kiwi lifestyle very easily.

As for the audience that producers are aiming for. AAL definitely has it right. At the party I attended the Bachelor NZ was the hot topic amongst the 10 to 25 year group. Most of the facebook posts are from people in their teens and 20s.

Although we do have a American television on our screens we also have our own programmes and a lot of Australian and British tv. In fact, our most popular shows are British.  Shows like The Bachelor are just not that common. Some people consider it as a little "low brow" and don't see the great entertainment it really is.  There is also the "Tall Poppy" syndrome that the Aussies and Kiwis tend to exhibit. (Not a nice trait and something as a nation we are trying to stop. Hopefully the next generation will be better! )
yes The All Blacks and Springboks go way back... bestbud! giggling I think that is why I am enjoying this season even more than Bach Australia (although they are very similar too). It is actually refreshing to see a more reserved stance when it comes to The Bachelor. To think that the new Bachelorette USA was taking off her bikini bottoms and jumping into the pool on camera and the public wanted her for the Bachelorette. affraid That's what many seasons will do... TBNZ is first season... and it will be nice to see it end sweetly instead of dramatic finales.

The contestants and Art are definitely becoming Kiwi celebs and with 1 degree of separation it seems that this is something where the younger crowd is liking that they have someone from their own country to become fans of... and why not? It is nice to have that!

You are spot on about how there can be a difference when it comes to watching this show (the Bach AU or Bach USA versions in NZ) and yet judging the NZ version differently. Held to different standards. And that is what I believe is taking place. There are already comparison's in the media that TBNZ is more realistic than TBAUS, etc. Also Art talked in an interview about hoping that he just comes across as genuine and not part of the Tall Poppy syndrome. I think that he is being pretty genuine as far as this show goes and I am quite impressed!
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:42 am

Some really grainy s/cap pics that were sent to me for Tues episode 11. Based on what is seen it looks like the girl talking with Art in blue top is Alysha. Her hair is to the one side in front and is longer blonde. Below her chest line and the only person with hair that long and blonde is Alysha. Dani is also shown in the preview but I cannot upload the s/cap for some reason. Not sure what the bombshell is but don't think it's a deal breaker since we saw previews of Art talking to Alysha at CP. It may have something to do with another contestant, it is a Voice Over relating to something else completely or it is something sad or about Alysha's past... Art has his hand on the girl's leg even though they are sitting apart from each other so not sure what deal breaker this is supposed to be. Probably just words to add drama...

The profile of the girl matches Alysha, imo. I think the previews are all of Alysha as speculated. If Dani is there then she is wearing the same clothes as Alysha and so is Art. The girl in the water looks like Alysha as well and Art is saying that the kiss is worth the wait from the preview we sleuthed earlier.

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 40 Screen10
Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 40 Screen11
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 79 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

+23
staceymnz
Spoil Me Again
sara11
Katiebelle
Linds911
emusha
nutty1
robinvi
Aunties_Love
Diana
mindless