SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 Media - No Discussion

Page 8 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 Media - No Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 Media - No Discussion

Post by Love_Me Thu May 19, 2011 6:34 pm

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/entertainment/television/abcs-new-bachelorette-ashley-hebert-talks-about-taking-another-chance-at-love-as-season-premieres

Video Interview w/ Ashley at link

ABC's new Bachelorette Ashley Hebert talks about taking another chance at love as season premieres

Among 25 men are two Ohioans

CLEVELAND - She didn't end up with her dream man, but Ashley Hebert's emotional season on ABC's most recent "The Bachelor" taught her a lot.

In a conversation Thursday with NewsChannel5's Lee Jordan, the 26-year-old dental student reflected on the experiences that led her to become The Bachelorette. The seventh season premieres on Monday, May 23.

"I think I went through a lot of personal growth, and I just got to a point where it was not only a good place in my life, but I walked into a really good place in my heart where I knew what I wanted in a relationship," she said.

Why go through it all again? Hebert said she really believes it can work.

"I felt those feelings, and knew it could potentially work a second time," she said.

Heartbroken when Brad Womack sent her packing, Hebert said she believes every relationship "primes you for what's to come in life. I learned a lot from past relationships, from being single for a long time, and I think I learned the most from dating Brad."

Hebert is a native of Madawaska, Maine, where she once worked as a dance instructor. She's taken time off from her studies at the University of Pennsylvania to continue her quest for love.

"I watch all the movies, think about romantic dates, and am very hopeful for extreme romance to enter my life."

This season of The Bachelorette will feature more globetrotting, to destinations such as Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan and the Fiji Islands.

Production of the season is complete, and Hebert said "it still blows my mind, even when I think back to it. It's just crazy! It's the most I've ever traveled in my life, a very exciting time for me."

Of course, Hebert knows how it all turns out in the end, but of her original batch of 25 bachelors, there are two from Ohio -- William, a 30-year-old cell phone salesman from Galloway, and Mickey -- a 31-year-old chef from Cleveland who apparently "steals a kiss" from Hebert during Monday's premiere.

"All of my guys are great, especially those two. And I'm so happy that they're part of this," Hebert said.

She's definitely not offering any clues about the outcome.

The Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons have yielded a spotty at best record when it comes to participants actually finding lasting love. But they're all guaranteed to find astonishing adventures and exotic locales, plenty of champagne and bubbling hot tubs, good and bad dates and -- sometimes -- a second chance at love.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 Media - No Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 Media - No Discussion

Post by Love_Me Thu May 19, 2011 9:26 pm

The Bachelorette - Conference Call with Ashley Hebert

Ladies and gentlemen if you would like to ask a question, please press star then the number one on your telephone keypads. Your first question comes from Amy Harrington from Pop Culture Passionistas.

Amy Harrington: Hi, Ashley thanks for your time today.
Ashley Hebert: Hi, Amy, how are you?
Amy Harrington: Perfect. How are you?
Ashley Hebert: I am good.
Amy Harrington: So first question is what was it like being on the other side of things this time, was it more difficult than you expected to be the one making the choices?
Ashley Hebert: Yes. I mean, going into it, I knew that I would have whole other set of kind of hard times but I didn’t expect it to be as difficult as it was. But I definitely learned a lot about myself. I mean, I prefer to be on this side, but it was not easy at times that was for sure.
Amy Harrington: Did you get any advice any of the former Bachelorette's or Bachelor's especially Brad?
Ashley Hebert: Did I get advice?
Amy Harrington: Yes.
Ashley Hebert: No, not really, I mean, I didn’t actually. I think I got advice from my past self.
Amy Harrington: What advice did you give yourself?
Ashley Hebert: To make sure that I left without any regrets. I know that’s cliché but it's really what I went into it thinking.
Amy Harrington: Excellent. While we can’t wait to see the season, we are really excited for it. Good luck.
Ashley Hebert: Thanks Amy.
Amy Harrington: Bye.

Operator: Your next question comes from Jennifer Matarese from WABC TV.
Jennifer Matarese: Hi, Ashley.
Ashley Hebert: Hi, Jennifer.
Jennifer Matarese: I don’t know if you are allowed to tell us or not, but are you happy? Did you find love, are you engaged?
Ashley Hebert: Well, that’s all those questions I think you will have to tune in to find out, but I will say I’m happy with the ways things turned out for me, but, yes, you have to tune in and see everything -- the rollercoaster.
Jennifer Matarese: And would you say if you didn’t end up picking someone this time would you be willing to do it again like Brad or is once enough?
Ashley Hebert: In all honesty, once is probably enough and I really, really have a whole new respect for Brad for going through it twice.
Jennifer Matarese: OK. Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from Amanda Hamilton from Examiner .Com.
Amanda Hamilton: Hi, Ashley.
Ashley Hebert: Hi, Amanda.
Amanda Hamilton: Thanks so much for taking time today.
Ashley Hebert: No problem. Thanks for being on the line.
Amanda Hamilton: So, how are your feelings going into this first mixer different from your feeling going into the last first mixer?
Ashley Hebert: I am so much [more] nervous for this one.
Amanda Hamilton: Really nervous, because you were excited, or because you were scared or?
Ashley Hebert: I mean, when I was on The Bachelor, I feel like you kind of have nothing to lose, you are going into it open minded and you are excited about the experience, but walking into this when it's, I mean, it's more serious and there is a lot things I have to figure out and there is a lot pressure -- I am definitely a lot more nervous for this one.
Amanda Hamilton: And we saw you had, you had, like, many bachelors in Bachelorette -- had a rollercoaster ride on The Bachelor and it's probably safe to assume kind of how rollercoaster's this time, was there ever a moment where you just wanted to quit and go home and be done?
Ashley Hebert: I will tell they were definitely a rollercoaster and all that, you some of it had to do with just been away from home and been away from friends. There wasn’t ever a moment where I wanted to give it all up because I knew how great of an experience it was and I knew how much, I thought that hopefully I wouldn’t look back and be really happy that I went through but there was only hard moments where I thought did I make the right decision to do, am I strong enough to do this? But overall, I think I knew I wanted to push through.
Amanda Hamilton: All right. Thank you
Ashley Hebert: Thanks Amanda.

Operator: Your next question comes from Jennifer Peros from US Weekly.
Jennifer Peros: Hi, Ashley. Thank you so much for joining us today.
Ashley Hebert: Hi, Jennifer.
Jennifer Peros: So, the first time that we saw you with Brad, you know, you had some concerns what all was said about him dating other women at the same time as you. Did you witness that among the guys on your season?
Ashley Hebert: Well, you know, to be honest I feel like a lot of time the guys spend more time with each other than they do with me obviously living together. So, I didn’t see that much, I mean definitely there were moments where I see, but not nearly as much as I thought I would see or not nearly as much as it happens with the women.
Jennifer Peros: (inaudible). My next question I feel like a couple of colorful characters on your season, so in terms of drama how did the guys in the house compared to the women in your season?
Ashley Hebert: I will tell you that, I don’t want to give too much away, but I will tell you that they did a really good job of selecting all different types of guys and different personalities and really interesting career and interesting personality. That’s all I will say, I mean tune in and you are going to die.
Jennifer Peros: I cannot wait to see. Good luck with everything.
Ashley Hebert: Thank you so much.

Operator: Your next question comes from Lara Martin at DigitalSpy.com.
Lara Martin: Hi thanks so much for talking to us.
Ashley Hebert: No problem. Thanks for being on the line.
Lara Martin: So, you just said a second ago that they did really good job of selecting different guys.
Ashley Hebert: Yes.
Lara Martin: So, were you happy with this guys they selected? What were your first impressions on that first night?
Ashley Hebert: OK, I went into having kind of no expectations, but kind of I didn’t know what to expect, but after the guys walked out in the limo, I was blown away. At that point, I didn’t know them that well but I mean physically they were gorgeous to me and then after getting to know them, I mean have some great guys. I personally think the best that they have ever had.
Lara Martin: And were you looking for something in particular in the guys or did you find as the show went on what you were looking for change or anything like that
Ashley Hebert: Yes, I mean I think what I realize is that I went into a thing I wanted just a good man and somebody who is loyal and a family man, and I think as time went on there were more things that I saw in the guys that I wanted but most importantly what I realize is that I wanted someone that made feel good and made me feel like a women, made me feel like I was able to be vulnerable. And so, yes, definitely as time went I started to realize more about what I wanted.
Lara Martin: Yes. Thank you, can’t wait till I see it.
Ashley Hebert: Thank you. I hope you enjoy it.
Lara Martin: I will, I know I will.
Ashley Hebert: Great.

Operator: Your next question comes from Beth Kwiatkowski from Reality TV World.
Beth Kwiatkowski: Hi, Ashley, how are you?
Ashley Hebert: Good how are you?
Beth Kwiatkowski: Good, so during your time on The Bachelorette with Brad you said you regretted how closed off you were and there were times where you just kind of had troubled expressing how you felt, so how would you say that’s different from your behavior on The Bachelorette. Did you really tried to put your stuff out there this time and if so how challenging was that?
Ashley Hebert: I mean it was not easy I will tell you that but I went into it saying, I don’t want to leave with any regrets, if I do fall in love. I mean for a lack, I am going just to put it all out there and for the rest of been hurt and I think I learned a lot from Brad's season and I have no regrets. I don’t have any regrets.
Beth Kwiatkowski: OK and based on the commercials ABC has been airing, some of the men on your season seem really impressive. How do you feel on hindsight that Brad compares to them? Would you be able to say in confidence now that Brad just wasn’t the right guy for you or do you think you still might have some left over feelings for him?
Ashley Hebert: I mean, I think Brad is a great guy but I think we both needed different things in our life and especially after meeting all of these men I realized how Brad wasn’t the best fit for me and I wasn’t the best fit for Brad and I definitely see a lot of things in these men that I think are better suited from me and my personality and my lifestyle. So yes I definitely realize that Brad was probably not the right guy for me.
Beth Kwiatkowski: OK, would you be able to name just maybe a couple of examples of how they might be better suited for you or?
Ashley Hebert: Yes definitely, so one of the big things Brad is that he was older and he was very settled in and I was looking for somebody that to create a life, a new life together, and I think the way I saw was that I don’t know I felt like Brad was looking for somebody to fit into his life and not to say it's a bad thing it just wasn’t what I was looking for.
Beth Kwiatkowski: OK. Thank you very much Ashley.
Ashley Hebert: Thanks.

Operator: Your next question comes from Morgan Lind from WOTV 4.
Ashley Hebert: Hi Morgan.
Morgan Lind: Hi Ashley, how are you?
Ashley Hebert: Good, how are you?
Morgan Lind: Great. Thank you so much for taking the time today.
Ashley Hebert: No problem thanks for being on the line.
Morgan Lind: Thank you. So seems like everyone asked my questions.
Ashley Hebert: That’s OK we can come up with some more.
Morgan Lind: But I do have one question for sure, how was it making the decision to be on The Bachelorette. I mean was that something that you said absolutely right away or was it a tough decision to make.
Ashley Hebert: OK. So I will tell you what I went through, when I was approached about it I thought no question on my mind absolutely. I would do it if I everything worked out and then I started to question -- am I strong enough for this, am I at a good place in my life with this? I mean I have to take more time off from school. I just weigh the pros and cons and then at the end of the day, I realize that I wanted to do it and the pros outweigh the cons.
Morgan Lind: OK. Good approach though. Yes, probably for time it and the next question is what are some of the traits that you are really looking for in these guys on The Bachelorette? What are some of those traits that you really want to see?
Ashley Hebert: I mean I am looking for somebody that I feel I can trust, like somebody that’s really loyal and a family man and I said that I go into it and I don’t know if I get them kind of being redundant here, but I just want somebody that makes me feel. I like my life off of my gut and intuition and I have learned to trust that and I think it has led me to some really great places. So I am just looking for somebody that makes me feel.
Morgan Lind: Absolutely. Well great. All right. Thank you so much we are very excited to this.
Ashley Hebert: Thanks Morgan.

Operator: Your next question comes from Shari Von Holten from Have You Heard?
Shari Von Holten: Hi, Ashley.
Ashley Hebert: Hi, Shari.
Shari Von Holten: I was just wondering you did you take it off from school or how did you set it in and going forward are you going to finish school?
Ashley Hebert: Yes, I did take off from school. I am probably just a few months behind with my requirements but I actually graduated technically two days ago.
Shari Von Holten: Congratulations.
Ashley Hebert: Thank you, but, yes, I am going to be making up the time that I lost this summer and then I will have my diploma and be ready to go.
Shari Von Holten: OK, great and I could ask if the person you picked we don’t know that fits into the schedule?
Ashley Hebert: Well, I guess you have to wait and see.
Shari Von Holten: OK, great. Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from Ray Routhier from Portland Press Herald.
Ashley Hebert: Ray, my man.
Ray Routhier: Greetings from me, how are you?
Ashley Hebert: Ray, how is it going?
Ray Routhier: Very good, hey people are very practical so big question people seem appear is will you make money from this show that you can then use to pay off dental school.
Ashley Hebert: People are always wondering that, I think that is kind of a personal question, but I can tell that I will not be able to pay off dental school.
Ray Routhier: That’s right, and you said you graduated. Do you have specific plans to start like I don’t know what they call in dental school but an internship or a residency or something?
Ashley Hebert: Yes, at this point, I really have no plans. The United States is my oyster so I am going to start taking steps to figuring out what I want to do and where I want to be but I am still very open minded about everything. So, we will see where life takes me.
Ray Routhier: All right. Thank you.
Ashley Hebert: Thanks Ray.

Operator: Your next question comes from Heather Doerr from All Headline News.
Heather Doerr: Hi, Ashley. Thank you for taking the call with us today.
Ashley Hebert: Hi, no problem.
Heather Doerr: I read that you were worried that the men would be disappointed that you were The Bachelorette I was just wondering why that is?
Ashley Hebert: Oh gosh, Heather, all right, so I think even from watching myself last season I was thinking who would want to date somebody that is looking insecure in relationships and unsure and just I really feel like I wasn’t my best self. So, knowing who I am I have confidence in my as The Bachelorette, but I didn’t think that somebody watching would know that. So I was worried that some people would find out that it was me and the just want to leave.
Heather Doerr: So, once you met all the men did that fear kind of go away?
Ashley Hebert: Absolutely. I mean the men were great and are great. They made me feel everything that a woman wants to feel especially somebody that’s going into it with a little bit of insecurity about everything that happens on The Bachelorette.
Heather Doerr: Right. OK, well thank you so much.
Ashley Hebert: You're welcome. Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Sammi Turano from TV Grapevine.
Sammi Turano: Hi. Good morning, how are you?
Ashley Hebert: Hi, Sammi.
Sammi Turano: Hi, good to talk to you again.
Ashley Hebert: Good to talk to you.
Sammi Turano: Thank you, my first question for you what are some of the prior things that you learned about yourself during this season?
Ashley Hebert: OK, I learned that I do not like to break up with people and I have a very, very hard time with it both emotionally and have a physical reaction to it. That’s what I learned.
Sammi Turano: OK, and what is the biggest surprise about the season overall?
Ashley Hebert: The biggest surprise…
Cathy Rehl: She is not going to give a surprise away that’s big.
Ashley Hebert: Surprise, without giving away too much.
Sammi Turano: Right.
Ashley Hebert: I would say the biggest surprise for me was….
Sammi Turano: It could even be like something place you went that surprised you.
Ashley Hebert: I will tell you maybe a selfish thing to say or maybe more of a kind of what I was thinking. I surprised myself with overcoming some of the fears that I had and some of the insecurities that I had so I guess that’s kind of a personal, but that’s probably my biggest surprise without giving out too much away.
Sammi Turano: Yes, exactly I don’t want you to give out anything away I just wanted to know the biggest surprise other than that.
Sammi Turano: OK. Well thank you so much. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Ashley Hebert: Thank you. You too.
Sammi Turano: Thank you.
Ashley Hebert: Bye.
Sammi Turano: Bye.

Operator: Your next question comes from Jessica Wedemeyer from People Magazine.
Jessica Wedemeyer: Good morning, Ashley.
Ashley Hebert: Hi, Jessica.
Jessica Wedemeyer: Could you please tell us about some of your favorite dates or locations obviously without mentioning with whom you went?
Ashley Hebert: Some of my favorite, OK let me think about this, I had so many favorites.
Jessica Wedemeyer: Really like, adventurous things that you got to do because of this?
Ashley Hebert: Well Cathy, can I mean…
Cathy Rehl: No, you can mention a couple of different.
Ashley Hebert: I can?
Cathy Rehl: Places and some things, you can sort of tip them to something. No, I mean you can’t say who you did those things with but you can mention a couple of things
Ashley Hebert: OK. So I would have to say one of my favorite group dates was, we are in Thailand and we actually renovated an orphanage and that was the most rewarding and probably the most exciting group dates that I went on. I mean it's something that I will remember for the rest of life.
And then I will say an overall statement without pinpointing a specific date in that we had a lot of cultural dates, dates where we went through marketplaces and I thought I learned a lot about different cultures, and I think to go through that with some of the guys, they are traveling to these places for the first time as well. It was educational and romantic at the same time.
Jessica Wedemeyer: And last question, I know kind of at the beginning of the last season, there was a couple of people that are set up to be you mentioned there is a lots of different types of people, different careers and personalities and stuff like that. We knew about Madison coming into the first episode, do you have any kind of really interesting characters like that that you can setup even if they are just people that are around for the first you know even first quarter of the show?
Ashley Hebert: Yes, I will tell you that we do have somebody that is similar kind of Madison I guess and without giving away too much about him, he wanted to – basically he did something that made me get to know him at a deeper level not so much the physical.
So you have to wait and see for that.
Jessica Wedemeyer: Thank you.
Ashley Hebert: How that turns out for him.

Operator: Your next question comes from Delaina Dixon from Diva Gals Daily.

Delaina Dixon: Hi, Ashley, two questions. So, going on the show and if you met the man of your dreams did you go in thinking if I meet the man of my dreams, I am ready to settle down and get married? Or is it more like I am just kind of checking out the scene?
Ashley Hebert: OK so, going into this, I mean, I think that I reached a point in my life where I knew that if I were to meet the right person, I would be ready but only if I were to meet somebody that made me feel like I was ready. But going into this, I definitely have the mindset that I have my career in place, I feel really good I was wearing that on a personal level. I feel like I have a lot to offer and I have a great mindset about being in a committed relationship.
So going into it I felt like I was prepared on the outside, but only if I were to meet the right guy.
Delaina Dixon: OK and you mentioned that the world is your oyster so are you going to at some point pursue dental career or is this more of a spring board to a career in entertainment which has happened to a lot of people who have been on the show.
Ashley Hebert: I don’t think I would be a good entertainer I will tell you that, but, no, I am actually looking to go straight into dentistry. I will be getting my degree very shortly and I don’t have any plans in doing anything in entertainment.
Delaina Dixon: All right. Thank you. Well good luck I hope that worked out the way you wanted it to.

Operator: You have a follow-up from Beth Kwiatkowski from Reality TV World.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Hi, Ashley.
Ashley Hebert: Hi, Beth.
Beth Kwiatkowski: So, during the “After the Final Rose” special, viewers saw your new drastically different looks for the first time. I know you said you wanted to change and your hair color was basically returning to your roots. Was there any particular reason behind the change? I mean was it symbolic of maybe you going in a new direction in your life or anything like that?
Ashley Hebert: I always get this question. It's so funny. Actually, the day I got back from filming The Bachelorette, I colored my color back to my natural [color] and that’s what you saw. And it had been that way for a few months. So, it was new to everyone else, but not so much to me and my friends.
But, yes, I mean I guess in a way I went with the blonde to try something different and then I just I felt like at the end of the day it's always good to go back to who you are and when I left I wanted to start feeling like myself gain, and I think maybe you are right, I think maybe symbolically that’s why I went back to the brown and I feel more like myself.
Beth Kwiatkowski: OK and how long have you been blonde for?
Ashley Hebert: Not very long, I was probably blonde for it was a progressive thing. It started off with highlights and it got a little bit more blonde, probably like four or five months.
Beth Kwiatkowski: OK.
Beth Kwiatkowski: And just a quick running question, you mentioned some of your favorite locations but happened to be your least favorite?
Ashley Hebert: The least favorite? I don’t …OK I know, you might think I am not telling the truth…but I really, really loved every place I went to. I haven’t traveled that much. So every location was new and exciting to me, I honestly can say that I loved every location.
Beth Kwiatkowski: OK, thanks so much Ashley.
Ashley Hebert: Thank you.

Operator: And your next question comes from Gina Carbone from Wet Paint.

Gina Carbone: Hey.
Ashley Hebert: How are you?
Gina Carbone: I am doing OK.
Ashley Hebert: Good.
Gina Carbone: On the past few seasons of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, Ali and Brad, they both said they fell for their partner pretty early in the season. Did you have a front- runner early on? Or did that change along the way?
Ashley Hebert: How do I answer this without obviously saying too much? I have to say that there were points in time where I thought that I had front-runner and things change quickly. I will tell you that, I mean, they go up and down and back and forth. Yes that’s I guess that’s all I am going to say.
Gina Carbone: OK, do you think there are any guys from your season who will good as The Bachelor next year?
Ashley Hebert: I think any guy on the season would be good as The Bachelor. I mean I am not, I promise I am not just saying that because they are my guys, but they are great. Absolutely great, I think you are going to really impressed when you watch.
Gina Carbone: OK. Thank you. Good luck.
Ashley Hebert: Thanks, Gina.

Operator: Your next question comes from Walt Belcher from Tampa Tribune.

Walt Belcher: Hi, Ashley.
Ashley Hebert: Hi, how are you?
Walt Belcher: I just didn’t want the fellow from Portland to be the only guy. It sounds like you had great guys and a lot of great possibility. I know you can’t give away much, but do you break some hearts this time, are there some emotional episodes coming our way as the season goes?
Ashley Hebert: Yes, I mean I feel like with every Bachelor, Bachelorette there are broken hearts and it's no different and I will tell you that it goes both ways, you have to tune to see what I mean by that.
Walt Belcher: OK and it sounds like you actually but you came out as pretty good emotionally. You must have you sound like you grew a lot.
Ashley Hebert: Definitely, I mean I can even tell you and it's hard to explain without. It's hard to explain if you haven’t been through but you learnt so much about (inaudible) and I think you take whether you are with somebody or not in the end you really take steps to getting there, realizing what you want in a relationship and how to be in a really committed relationship.
Walt Belcher: OK, well thanks a lot.
Ashley Hebert: Thanks a lot.

Operator: And you have a follow-up from Sammi Turano from TV Grapevine.

Sammi Turano: Hi, again.
Ashley Hebert: Welcome back Sammi.
Sammi Turano: I am sorry about the other question before. My other question for you is when you do the traveling, did they take into account places you always wanted to see or did they just surprise you with the trip?
Ashley Hebert: I believe they just surprised me, if they [did] take that into consideration I didn’t know. I loved being surprised. That’s something I realized about myself, too. So, I – just take me anywhere and I will be happy.
Sammi Turano: OK, that was all I had to say. Thank you so much. I appreciate everything.
Ashley Hebert: Thank you, Sammi.
Sammi Turano: You too, bye.

Ashley Hebert: Thanks everyone.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri May 20, 2011 1:06 am

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelorette/ashley-hebert-talks-the-bachel-40375.aspx

Ashley Hebert Talks 'The Bachelorette': Highlights from Her Pre-Show Conference Call

Here are the highlights from new Bachelorette Ashley Hebert's conference call yesterday, in which reporters asked her all about her upcoming season, and she answered when she was contractually able to do so. Questions in bold. Ashley's answers in non-bold. My commentary in italics.

Did you get any advice any of the former Bachelorettes or Bachelors especially Brad?

Ashley Hebert: Did I get advice? No, not really, I mean, I didn't actually. I think I got advice from my past self.

A woman looking for love travels to the future to give herself advice on how to look for love? That sounds like a really good concept for a Lifetime Original Movie! Except that that makes no sense. She should obviously travel to the past.

What advice did you give yourself?

Ashley Hebert: To make sure that I left without any regrets. I know that's cliche but it's really what I went into it thinking.

Let me get this straight: Your past self gave your present self the advice not to give your future self regrets? This is the same confused feeling I had throughout the movie Memento.

Did you find love, are you engaged?

Ashley Hebert: Well, that's all those questions I think you will have to tune in to find out, but I will say I'm happy with the ways things turned out for me, but, yes, you have to tune in and see everything -- the rollercoaster.

How could she NOT be in love? Look at these hunks!

And would you say if you didn't end up picking someone this time would you be willing to do it again like Brad or is once enough?

Ashley Hebert: In all honesty, once is probably enough and I really, really have a whole new respect for Brad for going through it twice.

"Respect," "pity," "disbelief that anyone could be so naive/desperate"... po-tay-to, po-tah-to, et cetera.

In terms of drama, how did the guys in the house compare to the women in your Bachelor season?

Ashley Hebert: I will tell you that, I don't want to give too much away, but I will tell you that they did a really good job of selecting all different types of guys and different personalities and really interesting career and interesting personality. That's all I will say, I mean tune in and you are going to die.

Translation: Freaks galore! But we knew that already. Masked Jeff, Drunk Tim, Bad Boy Bentley... She's right, we are going to die. Can't wait!

What were your first impressions on that first night?

Ashley Hebert: OK, I went into having kind of no expectations, but kind of I didn't know what to expect, but after the guys walked out in the limo, I was blown away. At that point, I didn't know them that well but I mean physically they were gorgeous to me and then after getting to know them, I mean have some great guys. I personally think the best that they have ever had.

If I had asked this question, my follow-up question would have been, "Then why do they all look so washed out and waxy in their ABC promo photos???" But Ashley's right: I watched the premiere episode already, and the guys this season are pretty hot for the most part. Much better than their photos indicate.

Would you be able to say in confidence now that Brad just wasn't the right guy for you or do you think you still might have some left over feelings for him?

Ashley Hebert: I mean, I think Brad is a great guy but I think we both needed different things in our life, and especially after meeting all of these men I realized how Brad wasn't the best fit for me and I wasn't the best fit for Brad, and I definitely see a lot of things in these men that I think are better suited from me and my personality and my lifestyle. So yes, I definitely realize that Brad was probably not the right guy for me.

Not even Emily thinks Brad is the right guy for her (because he is a goon!) so why would Ashley?

Why were you worried that the men would be disappointed [when they found out] that you were The Bachelorette?

Ashley Hebert: Even from watching myself last season I was thinking, "Who would want to date somebody that is looking insecure in relationships and unsure?" I really feel like I wasn't my best self. So, knowing who I am, I have confidence as the Bachelorette, but I didn't think that somebody watching would know that. So I was worried that some people would find out that it was me and they'd just want to leave.

Aww, girl. Don't be so hard on yourself! That never happens. At least not until the guys feel like they've gotten enough airtime.

So, once you met all the men did that fear kind of go away?

Ashley Hebert: Absolutely. I mean the men were great and are great. They made me feel everything that a woman wants to feel, especially somebody that's going into it with a little bit of insecurity about everything that happens on The Bachelorette.

"Everything That a Woman Wants to Feel: An Exhaustive List" is a good name for a piece I might write if I had the patience, which I don't right now. But "puppy fur" and "the taste of dark chocolate" and "like a princess!!!" would all be on the list.

What are some of the prior things that you learned about yourself during this season?

Ashley Hebert: OK, I learned that I do not like to break up with people and I have a very, very hard time with it both emotionally and have a physical reaction to it. That's what I learned.

Sob City, here we come.

Did you go in thinking, "if I meet the man of my dreams, I am ready to settle down and get married"?

Ashley Hebert: I think that I reached a point in my life where I knew that if I were to meet the right person, I would be ready, but only if I were to meet somebody that made me feel like I was ready. But going into this, I definitely have the mindset that I have my career in place, I feel really good, I was wearing that on a personal level. I feel like I have a lot to offer, and I have a great mindset about being in a committed relationship.

That was a really roundabout way of saying "yes." ... Which is fitting! Because starting this coming Monday, May 23, Ashley will take the roundabout way to finding love when The Bachelorette premieres on ABC at 8pm. Until then, be sure to check out Ashley's first meetings with the guys:
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by michie671 Fri May 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Ashley on On Air with Ryan Seacrest this morning:

http://www.kiisfm.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=onair&selected_podcast=ashley_bachelorette_052011_1305895521_22481.mp3

‘Bachelorette’ Ashley H. Talks Being In Love With Brad Womack [AUDIO]

By Sierra Marquina in Featured, On Air, Television, Top Stories

(Photo: ABC/Getty Images)

ABC’s newest “Bachelorette” Ashley H. phoned in to “On Air with Ryan Seacrest” Friday to chat her love-seeking experience, this time around as the leading lady, as well as discusses her past experience with “The Bachelor” Brad Womack.

Ashley H. reveals, “yes I have to say I did [love Brad].” Yet, as for why then she didn’t reveal this on air? She confesses, “I think a big part of me was skeptical…I held back because I was nervous, I didn’t believe it, I was skeptical, and reflecting back, I realize that everything was very real but it was too late.” Although she may have felt it was too late then, Ashley however now admits, “after everything I’ve been through I realize Brad and I are probably not the best match.”

With Brad in her past, Ashley’s gotten another chance at love with “The Bachelorette,” a dating experience which she describes as, “different than real life — the guys are hand selected so…I think it’s definitely better, the guys I have been dating are great…I feel like they have been filtered for me.”

The premiere episode reveals an emotional Ashley which she explains as, “I think I went into it with some insecurities and very early on they were highlighted and brought to life.” Yet, Ashley does admit, “after going through it one time I know how to make it work,” adding the only way to go about the show is to, “go into it with an open mind…and make it real for you.”

As for the 25 eligible bachelors, Ashley says no one creeps her out, furthering, “I mean wait till you see these guys — they are gorgeous, great and smart, engaging, interesting…some people gave me the gooseys, I’ll tell you that.”

Upon hearing one guy in particular wears a mask when first meeting Ashley, she recalls, “at first I was a little curious what was gong on, but actually in theory it’s a pretty good idea to take your physical appearance out of the picture and really getting to know somebody”

Listen to the entire interview for more from Ashley H., like whether she’ll be ‘bedding’ any of the guys, as well as be sure to catch the premiere of “The Bachelorette”, Monday, May 23rd, @ 9 ET/PT on ABC.
michie671
michie671

Female Posts : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcakes Fri May 20, 2011 5:16 pm

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110520/entlife/705209918/

heartbeat
cupcakes
cupcakes

Female Posts : 3568

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sat May 21, 2011 2:08 am

abcmusiclounge Find out what our returning @BacheloretteABC Ashley Hebert is listening to see her playlist: http://bit.ly/iUj5gJ
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sat May 21, 2011 6:16 am

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/4313-the-bachelorette-conference-call-with-ashley-hebert

The Bachelorette: Conference Call with Ashley Hebert

Ashley Hebert from The Bachelorette

by David McAlpine
She may not have walked away with Brad's heart during last season of The Bachelor, but now Ashley Hebert, 26, is going to be looking for love on her own. The University of Pennsylvania dentistry student will be the next star of The Bachelorette. Ashley sat down with members of the press to talk about what to expect on her quest to find love.

Q: Was it more difficult than you expected when you were the one making the choices?
A, Ashley: Yes. I mean, going into it, I knew that I would have whole other set of kind of hard times but I didn’t expect it to be as difficult as it was. But I definitely learned a lot about myself. I mean, I prefer to be on this side, but it was not easy at times that was for sure.

Q: Were you more nervous for your first mixer on Brad's season, or on your own season?
A, Ashley: I mean, when I was on The Bachelor, I feel like you kind of have nothing to lose, you are going into it open minded and you are excited about the experience, but walking into this when it's, I mean, it's more serious and there is a lot things I have to figure out and there is a lot pressure -- I am definitely a lot more nervous for this one.

Q: Was there a moment when you just wanted to quit?
A, Ashley: I will tell they were definitely a rollercoaster and all that, you some of it had to do with just been away from home and been away from friends. There wasn’t ever a moment where I wanted to give it all up because I knew how great of an experience it was and I knew how much, I thought that hopefully I wouldn’t look back and be really happy that I went through but there was only hard moments where I thought did I make the right decision to do, am I strong enough to do this? But overall, I think I knew I wanted to push through.

Q: How was it making the decision to be on the show?
A, Ashley: So I will tell you what I went through, when I was approached about it I thought no question on my mind absolutely. I would do it if I everything worked out and then I started to question -- am I strong enough for this, am I at a good place in my life with this? I mean I have to take more time off from school. I just weigh the pros and cons and then at the end of the day, I realize that I wanted to do it and the pros outweigh the cons.

Q: What was your mindset going into the show?
A, Ashley: I think that I reached a point in my life where I knew that if I were to meet the right person, I would be ready but only if I were to meet somebody that made me feel like I was ready. But going into this, I definitely have the mindset that I have my career in place, I feel really good I was wearing that on a personal level. I feel like I have a lot to offer and I have a great mindset about being in a committed relationship.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by michie671 Sat May 21, 2011 11:14 am

The Bachelorette: Root Canal of Love

http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live/video-detail/clips/pl_PL5520978/vd_VD55128157
michie671
michie671

Female Posts : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sat May 21, 2011 10:36 pm

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=8143370
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sat May 21, 2011 10:52 pm

http://www.forsythnews.com/section/2/article/8733/

Restauranteur on romance reality show

Man is contestant on 'Bachelorette"

By Alyssa LaRenzie Alarenzie@forsythnews.com

A local man will be a contestant on the upcoming season of the ABC television romance reality show “The Bachelorette,” which premieres at 9 p.m. Monday.

Constantine “Dino” Tzortzis is a co-owner of his family’s restaurant, Giorgio’s at Lakeland Plaza in Cumming.

The 30-year-old will be one of 25 men vying for the heart of 27-year-old Ashley Hebert from Maine.

Hebert, who is finishing up her degree in dentistry, will eliminate men from the competition until just one remains at the end of the show’s seventh season.

Little information about Tzortzis or the other bachelors was available prior to the show airing.

A representative of ABC wrote in an e-mail to the Forsyth County News that “none of the men, their friends or families can do interviews until and if they are eliminated.”

The station also cannot comment on casting selections, the representative wrote.

Like many of the show’s previous bachelorettes, Hebert was selected after being eliminated from a previous season of “The Bachelor,” in which female contestants compete for a relationship with one man.

Other than Tzortzis, 'Bachelorette' contestants range in age from 26 to 35 and hail from 17 states and one other country.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun May 22, 2011 2:23 am

http://www.pressherald.com/news/This-time-around-native-Mainertakes-center-stage_2011-05-22.html

'The Bachelorette': This time around, native Mainer takes center stage

With her reality TV show set to debut Monday, star Ashley Hebert says ‘there’s a lot more pressure.’

By Ray Routhier rrouthier@mainetoday.com

Ashley Hebert is a young woman who may have found love and her soul mate.

Ashley Hebert, a native of Madawaska, who was a finalist in ABC’s reality show “The Bachelor,” becomes Maine’s first star of a reality show with her appearance on “The Bachelorette.” Hebert said ABC managed to pick bachelors with “interesting personalities” and promised some “colorful characters.”

But she can't tell a soul about it.

The Madawaska native will star for the next two-plus months in the ABC romance-reality show "The Bachelorette." It marks the first time a Mainer has been the star of a competition reality show and not a contestant.

She's finished filming, so she knows which of the 25 eligible bachelors she liked and didn't like. Who she kissed and who she didn't.

But neither she nor ABC -- especially ABC -- wants her to spoil any surprises in store for viewers.

So when reporters from across the country asked her during a conference call last Wednesday if she was now engaged, she declined to answer. And an ABC public relations representative was on the line with her to make sure she didn't answer.

"Let's just say I'm happy with the way things turned out," said Hebert, 27, a dental student at the University of Pennsylvania. "You'll all have to tune in to find out."

Hebert also wouldn't say how much ABC is paying her for her starring role, saying that information is "kind of private." But she did answer one question for her practical-minded fans back in Maine.

"I will not be able to pay off dental school," she said.

So Hebert may come out of her reality TV experience with a more traditional dose of reality -- a boyfriend and loads of debt.

At 9 p.m. Monday, Hebert will begin her time as "The Bachelorette" after an internship of sorts. Beginning in January, she was one of 30 women competing for one man's heart in ABC's companion show, "The Bachelor."

On "The Bachelor," Hebert was completely at ease in front of the camera, and made a big enough impression on star Brad Womack that she was one of the final three women left on the show. But not the final woman.

Once "The Bachelor" finished airing in early March, ABC offered her the chance to be "The Bachelorette." Hebert said Wednesday that she decided to take the role because "I am strong enough and am in a good place in my life."

Plus, she said, she was close to finishing her dental studies and would only have a "few months" of work to make up to complete her credits. She has already technically graduated.

Hebert made clear that whatever happened during filming, she definitely intends to be a dentist. Being the star of a reality show has not convinced her she should pursue a career in entertainment.

"I don't think I would be a good entertainer," said Hebert, who was Maine's 2002 Junior Miss and captain of her dance team at the University of Maine. "I plan to go straight into dentistry."

Traveling for "The Bachelorette" and "The Bachelor" has been a major perk for Hebert, since she hadn't traveled much before. For "The Bachelorette," she was filmed having dates with men in Thailand, Hong Kong, Taipei and the Fiji Islands.

She said that during a "group date" in Thailand, she and several bachelors helped renovate an orphanage. "It was something I'll remember for the rest of my life."

The "most surprising thing" she learned about herself during filming is that she doesn't like breaking up with people, and that she has a physical reaction to it.

And the way "The Bachelorette" is set up, there's the potential for the star to break up many, many times.

On the debut episode Monday, Hebert will be seen meeting her 25 bachelors at a mansion in Los Angeles. An ABC news release says she already knows about one of the men -- from another woman who was on "The Bachelor" with her.

The news release goes on to say one bachelor will try to serenade her in the opening episode, and another will be seen having too much to drink. At the end of the first episode, Hebert will have narrowed the field from 25 to 18. (Read The Portland Press Herald every Tuesday for weekly coverage.)

The bachelors picked for the show range in age from 25 to 35, and their occupations include lawyer, butcher, wine maker, restaurant owner, construction company CEO, personal trainer, hair stylist and cell phone salesman.

From looking at the basic information ABC gave out on the bachelors (no last names were given), there seem to be a couple of possible front-runners: Matt, 28, an office supply salesman from Bridgewater, Mass., who is the only New Englander in the bunch; and Blake, 27, a dentist from Greenville, S.C.

Yes, a dentist. How perfect is that?

But Hebert says many of the guys impressed her.

"After the guys walked out of the limo (in the first episode), I was blown away. Physically, they were gorgeous," said Hebert. "I had some great guys. Personally, I think it's the best group they've had (on the show)."

But Hebert also said ABC did a good job of picking guys with "interesting personalities," and that there were some "colorful characters" on the show.

When asked if the men on "The Bachelorette" were better suited to her than Womack, Hebert said Womack was "very settled and looking for someone to fit into his life."

"I want someone to build a life with, together," said Hebert. "I went in just looking for a good man, someone who is loyal and a family man. What I realized is that I wanted someone who makes me feel good I realized more about what I wanted."

Hebert also said it was more difficult being "The Bachelorette," and having to choose between 25 guys, than it was to be one of 30 women vying for one man.

"I went into 'The Bachelor' with nothing to lose, very open-minded," said Hebert. "But walking into this one, it was a lot more serious. There's a lot more pressure."

Not to mention that millions of people will be watching every romantic move she makes.

Staff Writer Ray Routhier can be contacted at 791-6454 or at:

rrouthier@pressherald.com
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 23, 2011 1:51 am

Two with local ties on 'Bachelorette'

So much of what happens on ABC's "The Bachelorette" is kept secret.

But this much we do know about the new round debuting tonight: two of the men are from Tampa; one bachelor gets embarrassingly drunk on the opening episode; a major drama unfolds on the third episode possibly involving one of the Tampa guys; and there will be lots of scenes of bare-chested dudes.

That last one probably happens on every "Bachelorette" like the obligatory bikinis in the hot tub segments on "The Bachelor."

This time around the object of desire is dental student Ashley Hebert, 26, from Maine. She made it to the final three on "The Bachelor," missing out on a chance for romance with Texas bar owner Brad Womack.

But she's cool with that now. "After meeting all of these men, I realized how Brad wasn't the best fit for me and I wasn't the best fit for Brad," she said in a telephone interview. "I definitely see a lot of things in these men that I think are better suited for me and my personality."

Among the 25 suitors tonight are Bentley Williams, 28, a Tampa native now living in Alpine, Utah, and Nick Peterson, 26, a personal trainer and ex-Yankee pitcher from Odessa.

Williams, an investment banker, is a divorced Mormon with a 2-year-old daughter. He used to live in South Tampa and has relatives in the area. He apparently is involved in a dramatic twist in episode three so he apparently survives the first cut tonight.

Peterson, a University of Tampa graduate, reportedly makes a good first impression tonight.

Peterson, who was drafted by the New York Yankees in 2006, played on the team's Staten Island and Charleston, S.C., farm teams. He runs Body Shapers Private Studio on MacDill Avenue.

Hebert, who says she struggled with personal insecurity on "The Bachelor," says she is "looking for somebody that I feel I can trust, like somebody that's really loyal and a family man. … I just want somebody that makes me feel."

"The Bachelorette" debuts at 9 tonight after "Dancing With the Stars."
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 Media - No Discussion

+26
mnmhughes
ryvetted
Pattycake92
klarson79
Cari