SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #8 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #8 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 59 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #8 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:29 am

Lucas15 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I'd like to know exactly what his problem is with Nick.

This is just my opinion as how a guy will look at Nick's behavior and I will only make one assumption - that Shawn knew what happened on Andi's season - specifically that Nick tried to contact Andi after he was rejected (and she picked someone else) to get her to give him a second chance. IMO this is a pretty good assumption because there are so many ways he could have found out (watched the ATFR, heard about the plane video, or the most likely one - got an inflammatory description from a producer (seeking to create more drama) about what Nick did.

A guy who will go behind another guy's back and hit on his girlfriend / fiancee / wife is going to be seen as a "snake". Most guys will have little respect for a snake but that goes much deeper than simply no respect if it's your woman the snake is hitting on. These emotions are instinctive to guys. IMO if Shawn did not "have a problem" with Nick then it would only be because he didn't have feelings for Kaitlyn.

I understand that however what you stated above, is one side of the story. Shawn doesn't know all the facts, he's never spoken to Nick. He is judging him without knowing anything about him other than what he read. What I'm going to find interesting is how will he behave and resolve this, when Kaitlyn does the very same thing Nick did when she tells him about the pre FS sex. She is also kissing and telling like Nick did.

Shawn is doing the very same thing Nick did. He continues to ask her how she feels about him, he doesn't let up, he wants answers, much like Nick did when he was led to believe one thing. Shawn is reassured by K but then her actions don't match her words, so he pressure's her until he gets what he wants. "I'm falling in love". His anger is building up all because of Nick. He doesn't have a problem with any of the other guys it seems. Would it be ok if she had sex with all of them except Nick. It seems so.

According to another post I just read, he had no issues with Jared, and felt he was a good match for K.

I get the feeling this will be another 45 minutes of the N vs S showdown at the ATFR and 5 minutes of the happy couple.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #8 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 59 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #8 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by isittrue Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:35 am

I personally think Shawn had a male intuition (trademark Josh) to not trust Nick. I think coupled with his dislike of Nick from last season's actions, he saw Nick as his biggest threat for Kaitlyn. Lots of articles are talking about this amazing chemistry Kaitlyn has with both guys. So they may be not showing all the scenes between both couples. Plus, the articles talk about her making her choice at the last minute. So I don't think Shawn as F1 was a slam dunk and I still wonder what is in store at ATFR.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:49 am

I don't understand why people think that Shawn & Nick have to be best friends. Sometimes there are simply people in this world that we do not jive with. There's always a reason...maybe you don't trust them, maybe they've done something to hurt you or someone you love, and maybe it's just simply that your personalities do not match. I don't think that makes either a bad person...they're just not ever going to be friends. That's my personal opinion on Shawn & Nick.

However, I do think it was interesting that when they were on the Paddywagon Shawn made the comment to Nick, "I don't know how you can do this twice...I can barely do it once..." or something along those lines. I certainly didn't get the vibe that these were the first words spoken between the two and he didn't sound condescending or rude when he made that statement...it was almost like giving the guy props for being able to handle it twice. IMO.

What I do find funny is that many people jump on Shawn for not liking the guy when he's never supposedly had a conversation with him or gotten to know him, etc....but no one has a problem with defending Nick or thinking he's the greatest thing since sliced bread without ever having a conversation with him or getting to know him.

It's my opinion that you can follow someone on social media all you want and "think" you know them. But until you've spent time with them, talked to them, and learned who they are and what they're about then I don't think you truly KNOW them.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:00 am

leselihau wrote:I don't understand why people think that Shawn & Nick have to be best friends.  Sometimes there are simply people in this world that we do not jive with.  There's always a reason...maybe you don't trust them, maybe they've done something to hurt you or someone you love, and maybe it's just simply that your personalities do not match.  I don't think that makes either a bad person...they're just not ever going to be friends.  That's my personal opinion on Shawn & Nick.

However, I do think it was interesting that when they were on the Paddywagon Shawn made the comment to Nick, "I don't know how you can do this twice...I can barely do it once..." or something along those lines.  I certainly didn't get the vibe that these were the first words spoken between the two and he didn't sound condescending or rude when he made that statement...it was almost like giving the guy props for being able to handle it twice. IMO.

What I do find funny is that many people jump on Shawn for not liking the guy when he's never supposedly had a conversation with him or gotten to know him, etc....but no one has a problem with defending Nick or thinking he's the greatest thing since sliced bread without ever having a conversation with him or getting to know him.

It's my opinion that you can follow someone on social media all you want and "think" you know them.  But until you've spent time with them, talked to them, and learned who they are and what they're about then I don't think you truly KNOW them.  

Excellent post and I agree. Nick and Shawn are never going to be buds and that's fine. Neither one should be looked down for not liking the other. It bothers me when people think Shawn needs to bury the hatchet with Nick since he won the girl. His dislike of Nick started before he won the girl and it's not going to change just because he won.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:05 am

I don't care if they're besties who go out for ice cream, snuggle, sit on each other's lappies and announce their love for each other on Twitter, but I do care that Shawn doesn't look like a fruitcake if he has to interact with Nick again at the atfr.

Nick loves nothing more than riling people up and I hope Shawn and Kait don't fall for it, especially Shawn. Kait is his girl clearly now, she wants nothing to do with Nick and spent the entire show crying about Shawn finding out about her tryst. He's definitely not second choice imo so no reason for him to hold on to any anger with Nick or show Nick that he still bothers him.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:06 am

leselihau wrote:I don't understand why people think that Shawn & Nick have to be best friends.  Sometimes there are simply people in this world that we do not jive with.  There's always a reason...maybe you don't trust them, maybe they've done something to hurt you or someone you love, and maybe it's just simply that your personalities do not match.  I don't think that makes either a bad person...they're just not ever going to be friends.  That's my personal opinion on Shawn & Nick.

However, I do think it was interesting that when they were on the Paddywagon Shawn made the comment to Nick, "I don't know how you can do this twice...I can barely do it once..." or something along those lines.  I certainly didn't get the vibe that these were the first words spoken between the two and he didn't sound condescending or rude when he made that statement...it was almost like giving the guy props for being able to handle it twice. IMO.

It's my opinion that you can follow someone on social media all you want and "think" you know them.  But until you've spent time with them, talked to them, and learned who they are and what they're about then I don't think you truly KNOW them.  

I do think that's a little different, because we're not going up to Nick's friends or romantic partners and being like "TRUST US, he's the greatest thing since slice bread!". Shawn is going around telling Kaitlyn and the other guys that he's a "master manipulator" and "full of sh*t".  Basically, he's saying "even though you're the one who's talked to him for months and I just met him, I trust my instincts more than than yours". He has so little respect for Nick that he can't even call him by his name and calls him the "other guy" (which, as Tanner told us, was real and not just editing). Although I don't necessarily agree with Josh's opinions on Nick, I knew that it's because of actual things that Nick said and did that Josh saw. This is just my opinion, but I think that if Sean Lowe (apparently the great man to walk the earth) came in like Nick did, Shawn would have just a big a problem with him. Because his whole thing isn't really that Nick isn't a good guy, it's that he had it in the bag and now he has some serious competition. JMO!

And, I do think that Shawn has made (snide) comments to Nick, but I don't think that they've had a conversation where they have shared actual serious things with each other. I also totally took that "I can't believe you're doing this twice" to be a knock on Nick. Like, wow, you must really like fame and attention to go through with this again.

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:17 am

chasingpavements wrote:

I do think that's a little different, because we're not going up to Nick's friends or romantic partners and being like "TRUST US, he's the greatest thing since slice bread!". Shawn is going around telling Kaitlyn and the other guys that he's a "master manipulator" and "full of sh*t".  Basically, he's saying "even though you're the one who's talked to him for months and I just met him, I trust my instincts more than than yours". He has so little respect for Nick that he can't even call him by his name and calls him the "other guy" (which, as Tanner told us, was real and not just editing). Although I don't necessarily agree with Josh's opinions on Nick, I knew that it's because of actual things that Nick said and did that Josh saw. This is just my opinion, but I think that if Sean Lowe (apparently the great man to walk the earth) came in like Nick did, Shawn would have just a big a problem with him. Because his whole thing isn't really that Nick isn't good guy, it's that he had it in the bag and now he has some serious competition. JMO!

And, I do think that Shawn has made (snide) comments to Nick, but I don't think that they've had a conversation where they have shared actual serious things with each other. I also totally took that "I can't believe you're doing this twice" to be a knock on Nick. Like, wow, you must really like fame and attention to go through with this again.

See I took that differently. It seemed since his heart to heart with Kaitlyn he was trying to make an effort to be civil with Nick. Even when they were sitting around when they waiting for Cupcake's date card they seemed to be co-existing well enough. I took that I can't believe you're doing this twice was more of an acknowledgement of how hard it was and he was surprised Nick was going through it again.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:28 am

I wonder if Nick goes to talk the Shawn on this upcoming episode to try to "bury the hatchet" or resolve his negative feelings about Shawn after talking with Kaitlyn on their 1:1 date.  Nick seems to tell Kaitlyn that he doesn't trust Shawn.  Maybe she encourages Nick to try to see things from Shawn's perspective and actually have a conversation with him.  She did that with Joshua regarding his mistrust of Nick earlier in the season.  

I could see Nick approaching Shawn about their lack of open and honest communication.  Nick thinks he is just being honest and trying to establish a relationship with Shawn, but Shawn feels that he is just being dishonest and showy, making drama for the show.  The conversation doesn't go well and they get angry at each other.  Not surprising, as the conversation occurs the day after Nick's overnight date with Kaitlyn.  Shawn's head would not have been receptive to anything Nick would have said.  And Nick may have had a bit of smug confidence going into the conversation given his activities the night before...A recipe for disaster IMO.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:34 am

chasingpavements wrote:

I do think that's a little different, because we're not going up to Nick's friends or romantic partners and being like "TRUST US, he's the greatest thing since slice bread!". Shawn is going around telling Kaitlyn and the other guys that he's a "master manipulator" and "full of sh*t".  Basically, he's saying "even though you're the one who's talked to him for months and I just met him, I trust my instincts more than than yours". He has so little respect for Nick that he can't even call him by his name and calls him the "other guy" (which, as Tanner told us, was real and not just editing). Although I don't necessarily agree with Josh's opinions on Nick, I knew that it's because of actual things that Nick said and did that Josh saw. This is just my opinion, but I think that if Sean Lowe (apparently the great man to walk the earth) came in like Nick did, Shawn would have just a big a problem with him. Because his whole thing isn't really that Nick isn't a good guy, it's that he had it in the bag and now he has some serious competition. JMO!

But my point is that you don't "know" him really, imo. In fact, I'd go so far as to say Shawn knows him better than we do since he's spent some time with him and actually talked to him. If they don't gel than that's no skin off my nose. Doesn't make me like Shawn more or like Nick less. At the end of the day, their both just characters on a television show to me.

Alanna - I agree, I hope for everyone's sake that Shawn can handle himself with grace and class and not get riled up and act like an idiot (again) on national television if they do make them sit down at the ATFR.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:40 am

I think Shawn has good reason not to trust Nick - mainly Kaitlyn. He probably has some questions even now post-show of how strong her relationship was with Nick. And it may even still play in the back of his mind that she can still have feelings for Nick and be impulsive enough to act upon them when she sees Nick again. I do hope they avoid this showdown at ATFR. They were nice enough last year to keep Nick separate from F1 to avoid drama and bloodshed during the reveal. Hopefully they are kind enough to do the same this year.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 am

OnePromise wrote:I wonder if Nick goes to talk the Shawn on this upcoming episode to try to "bury the hatchet" or resolve his negative feelings about Shawn after talking with Kaitlyn on their 1:1 date.  Nick seems to tell Kaitlyn that he doesn't trust Shawn.  Maybe she encourages Nick to try to see things from Shawn's perspective and actually have a conversation with him.  She did that with Joshua regarding his mistrust of Nick earlier in the season.  

I could see Nick approaching Shawn about their lack of open and honest communication.  Nick thinks he is just being honest and trying to establish a relationship with Shawn, but Shawn feels that he is just being dishonest and showy, making drama for the show.  The conversation doesn't go well and they get angry at each other.  Not surprising, as the conversation occurs the day after Nick's overnight date with Kaitlyn.  Shawn's head would not have been receptive to anything Nick would have said.  And Nick may have had a bit of smug confidence going into the conversation given his activities the night before...A recipe for disaster IMO.  

You could be right, OP. I think Nick has a way about him that rubs guys the wrong way and Shawn already doesn't trust him and may feel Nick's doing it for the cameras.

I don't feel Nick needs protecting and he went into this season with his eyes wide open or should have. I have no problem if Shawn doesn't like him in the season and haven't seen anything to indicate he has a problem with Nick now. They don't have to be friends and most f2 aren't. JMO

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:29 pm

Now in the real world, off the show, Kaitlyn and Shawn are moving forward. At least I hope so. I remember when Jillian picked Ed, and people were so upset she didn't pick Reid or Kiptyn. Which, by the way, she slept with all her final 3. Ed was bothered by Reid a little, (not so much Kiptyn) but he said in a post interview that their relationship started at the proposal and they were giving it a real shot and moving forward. Jill moved to Chicago and they broke up months later and had their own issues, but it had nothing to do with Reid.

If Kaitlyn and Shawn break-up post show, it will have nothing to do with Nick imo. I am looking forward to post show interviews and hearing what they have to say. I believe kaitlyn will be honest and hold nothing back. ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #8 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+87
eirekay
whit90
Ash2214
allykat
KK4
Ladybug82
Di_ATL
Stacia620
sbolduc
mariebeth
sdmom