SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Page 44 of 79 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 61 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

happyfriday - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 44 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:52 pm

Alanna wrote:I don't know why Kait would support him for anything? Shawn can't stand the guy and I'm sure it rubs off on her, how can it not?
Nick likely rubbed him the wrong way because Kaitlyn was interested in him.
It's just predictable F1 behavior.
Boring, imo, and such a waste of energy by Shawn.
But's that's me... I think indifference is the true sign on not caring, dislike is still passion and thus energy.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

happyfriday - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 44 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:54 pm

If TPTB could get viewers for Chris Soules--they can get it for anyone.
Thinking even Weekend at Bernie's or the movie Ted.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:02 pm

Kashathediva wrote:If TPTB could get viewers for Chris Soules--they can get it for anyone.

Did you never like CS? Because how did I completely get snowed under by that guy? I can usually spot an azz from a mile away and somehow I completely missed that one. Ugh...YUCK!

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:04 pm

happygolucky wrote:SF - San Francisco ...and my insinuation has something to do with few media houses Nick has connections with

So far ... to me it appears that Nick is promoting the photographer, by helping her with his "Bachelor fame" ... while creating a nice portafolio of his physique, that might land him some new lucrative opportunities of endorsements - and he wouldn't be the first (but who's counting?).

If by August we learn he is the next Bach ... then I'll stay silent about him for good ... but if it turns out that he isn't even interested and that there hasn't been any talk about it with TPTB ... I'm curious who will stay silent then.

I'm just really impressed by the impact photos of Nick have on all of us - it's truly enjoyable seeing the thread being so lively.
I think Nick is someone so polarizing... no matter what he does or doesn't do he will be loved or hated.
He grabs people's attention. Every time an episode was focused on him (when he came on, sex-gate) it had the highest ratings in its target audience. People love to hate, and no one more than Nick it seems.

Imo, if Nick is liked because he is not the bachlelor then I personally think one is boxing him in.
Sure, TPTB mess up whomever the lead is, but I don't think Nick even cares. He is like a cat, he just bounces back.
He is probably the only one who will legit do it for love and b/c it is tv. Both. And equally genuinely, imo.
I've personally come the conclusion that he's so multi-layered (flirt, deep, real, attention-seeking, etc). He's the same as all the other guys who go on this show in the first place, he just happens, imo, to not fit the stereoteypical F1 or the stereotypical villain edit. He's just Nick. No other way to explain it.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:04 pm

Nick favored this 

@Aysun95353390: @viallnicholas28 looking good, but if you want to look sexy w/ out trying too hard then you need to zip up your pants & retake this pic.

Does this mean he agrees with her or maybe nothing?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:06 pm

Alanna wrote:I don't know why Kait would support him for anything? Shawn can't stand the guy and I'm sure it rubs off on her, how can it not?

First of all I just do not understand how Shawn can hate (that is such a strong word) a guy he does not even know. To me that is very immature and speaks volumes who he really is. One of the reasons I liked K was she was this supposedly independent woman that had her own mind. Now that Shawn is in the picture I see a girl who has lost that . Shawn really needs to grow up and so does K. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:08 pm

Nick was dislike last year IMO, because:
- he was spoiled F2
- he "trash-talked" fan-favorite F1 and Bette in the plane-video
- he spoiled the season (well RS did, but Nick is to blame)
- he was not even handsome
- he was "rude" to teddy-bear Cody
- he was too confident and selfish, which people defined as cocky, arrogant, disrespectful to the other guys and anti-team player
- he was labeled by TPTB/audience as a creep (I never understood why)
- he was guilty of being over-confident and egocentric to not see the connection the bette had with the other guys
- he was "by the power of words" described as a strategist, planning the escape and with no real/honest intentions
- he was portrayed as a sour loser, a stalker
- he outed the Bette at ATFR ... which "everyone" defined as "shaming"

This time TPTB rides on his reputation from the previous season and they aren't trying to change the audiences mind about Nick.
- they played up the expectations of his sex-outing
- they keep insinuating that he is a person who will spill the beans
- TPTB alludes that Nick is dishonest and manipulative again
- portray that he is playing innocent Kaitlyn and irritating poor Shawn
- building on the expectation that Nick will again be disrespectful/ungentlemanly at the ATFR

So yeah, Nick is mostly disliked outside of this forum... but the major issue people have with him is a general DISTRUST. (and TPTB are persuading us to believe so)

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:09 pm

sdmom wrote:Nick favored this 

@Aysun95353390: @viallnicholas28 looking good, but if you want to look sexy w/ out trying too hard then you need to zip up your pants & retake this pic.

Does this mean he agrees with her or maybe nothing?
I think Nick is humoring this person. I think he is just laughing now at the whole thing. How can he not? He's already cast as this sex-thing only and so he posts a pic of him with unzipped pants and plays into that. Imo, he doesn't care at all. And why should he? The show is such a joke at this point might as well just play into it.

Robert Mills retweet of Nick's photo and him tweeting "He speaks for all of us" says it all for me.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:14 pm

Kashathediva wrote:If TPTB could get viewers for Chris Soules--they can get it for anyone.
yes... but CS wasn't portrayed as a dishonest and questionable character in Bette10 ... TPTB made sure that his true personality didn't "shine through" too much ...so they were able to re-create his image and manipulate people to believe in CS's right reasons. CS's was portrayed as an honest guy with the good intentions and "a broken heart".
While most people laughed at Nick for his "disillusion" for falling for SWSNBN,

Last edited by happygolucky on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:14 pm

leselihau wrote:

Did you never like CS?  Because how did I completely get snowed under by that guy?  I can usually spot an azz from a mile away and somehow I completely missed that one.  Ugh...YUCK!
Did I "like" him? Hmm. I lived from 18-34 in an area of the rural midwest. I did not "love it". So subjectively, you would not be able to drag me to Arlington, Iowa unless my choice was far worse. That's me.
CS didn't overwhelm me from MEandI's season personality-wise, but what you see is certainly not what you get. 
Doing my own research on him, he didn't again, seem like someone who would normally have women flocking to him and thus his bachelor status made good sense. 
I don't usually "like" or "dislike" what we are shown on the show. That is all bells and whistles depending on the cast and edit. What generally forms my opinion is the stuff I can dig up on my own or the stuff other have dug up and then shared with me.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:16 pm

People may not like Nick but they watch the show when he is on... highest ratings when he is on.
So don't think it even matters who has more fans or not.
Ratings matter at the end of the day most to TPTB, not who is liked/disliked.

Jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:24 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:People may not like Nick but they watch the show when he is on... highest ratings when he is on.
So don't think it even matters who has more fans or not.
Ratings matter at the end of the day most to TPTB, not who is liked/disliked.

Jmo

Yeah, but I think that having a controversial contestant is VERY different than having a controversial lead. Nick being the Bachelor would be equivalent to making Vienna or Courtney the Bachelorette. They've never done that before, and I don't know if that's a risk they are willing to take. I mean, ABC wasn't even willing to take the "risk" of putting on a hot, race car driver from the highest rated Bachelorette season in recent history...for some reason, I don't think that they are going take the risk of putting on Nick Viall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 79 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 61 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

+69
kimberlyg
megaa
Cecilia
mindless
Beagle