SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman

Page 20 of 79 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 49 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

soulmate - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman

Post by ThankMeLater Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:02 pm

happygolucky wrote:The general audience that only watches the show and comments (online) aren't so convinced of Heather being F1 as we are here ... most people base their preferences on the looks, so who is more good looking girl to them and Sam's "physical attraction" ... and Heather is not everyone's taste. Many people believe F1 is going to be Snezana or one of the intruders (those who read the gossip) and then many are hoping and supporting Sarah ... so despite the edit that screams "Heather the frontrunner" and a lot of media attention on her (that not everyone follows all... as we do), there are people who don't believe she can actually be the F1.
I'm going to have to disagree. The general audience who only watch and comment on Facebook all think Heather is f1.

ThankMeLater

Female Posts : 3528

Back to top Go down

soulmate - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:11 pm

I don't have any theory on this, I just think Sam wears his heart on his sleeves, and left very little room for editor to work on because he really has nothing much with most of the other girls. It's pretty obvious to me if the season ends at ep 6, Heather is F1. 

And I think it is the media that wants her, as someone mentioned upthread, she is likeable and an obvious frontrunner, so she has all media attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:15 pm

Well, I see plenty of supporters for other girls ... and like AAL posted the barometer S/cap ... yes, Heather gets the majority of the votes (50-51%) while the other half is divided between Snezana and Sarah mostly ... but that's exactly what I'm referring to ... there are people who don't believe that Heather could be F1 (49%) despite all the lights are on her ... so those people are still in for the curiosity, what's going to come out of it ...
Beside having 50% of votes is crucial (for the potential F1) ... it's supposed to be that way... because only like that the final couple has the support needed for the franchise to succeed.
I'm pretty sure in USA if there would be a "barometer" done before we would have similar results for the previous F1s, despite less media exposure.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:30 pm

peggy0221 wrote:I don't have any theory on this, I just think Sam wears his heart on his sleeves, and left very little room for editor to work on..
This is true according to Sam's own words he said he will wear his heart on his sleeve.

happygolucky wrote:Well, I see plenty of supporters for other girls ... and like AAL posted the barometer S/cap ... yes, Heather gets the majority of the votes (50-51%) while the other half is divided between Snezana and Sarah mostly ... but that's exactly what I'm referring to ... there are people who don't believe that Heather could be F1 (49%) despite all the lights are on her ... so those people are still in for the curiosity, what's going to come out of it ...
Beside having 50% of votes is crucial (for the potential F1) ... it's supposed to be that way... because only like that the final couple has the support needed for the franchise to succeed.
I'm pretty sure in USA if there would be a "barometer" done before we would have similar results for the previous F1s, despite less media exposure.
There's no disputing that there is support for the other girls. But focusing on the minority makes little sense when trying to determine what the majority think. There is always going to be a minority and those who don't think whomever is F1 - that's just par for the course.

1 girl=51% vs 8 girls=49% are not even in the same ballpark and statistically speaking, this means 1 girl is worth more than 8 girls combined. That says a lot about what the majority think and the 49% is not a vote against but a vote for someone else and yet those votes are still fewer.

As the number of girls whittle down (by first increasing with newcomers) and if Heather is still with the majority of votes out of F6 or F4 then that will be more interesting to look at but it doesn't change anything about the majority seeing Heather as F1 currently (just like with Shawn or Whitney or Matilda or April, etc, etc).
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:35 pm

I'm not disputing the majority ... that's not the point of my post ... I'm just stating that despite SO MUCH media exposure that Heather has ... there is still 49% of viewers who don't see her as F1. That is minority - correct - but that's close to 50-50 ... which means that the media exposure isn't making it so obvious to all, despite being obvious.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:43 pm

happygolucky wrote:I'm not disputing the majority ... that's not the point of my post ... I'm just stating that despite SO MUCH media exposure that Heather has ... there is still 49% of viewers who don't see her as F1. That is minority - correct - but that's close to 50-50 ... which means that the media exposure isn't making it so obvious to all, despite being obvious.
yes Gotcha! I see what you are saying but I highly doubt that there would be a show if Heather had 90% and the rest of the 8 girls had 10%. giggling

I also think personal taste comes into play a lot - for and against Heather. I think that there is still doubt and there always will be but if Heather is F1, then that goes into what she said about taste in one of her interviews that she was surprised that she is the fan favourite and never expected to be because she is an oddball. She even posted on her IG thanking people that there are other oddballs like herself.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:07 pm

Definitely, I'm curious how will the numbers shift and to whom once the girls start "dropping" ... like % that Bec, Emily, Nina, Sarah hold ... to who will they go? ... Also how much of a change will Lana bring to the Love leaderboard next week? ... By the end when there will be only 2 if Heather hits 75% of the votes it will be a good and a normal thing ... if it's going to be more than that then it would mean that the media really influenced people to point to the obvious. Also, since i didn't read correctly before, Heather has 52% of votes, Snezana 29% and Sarah 6% ... so 48 vs. 52

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:46 pm

The problem with 52% to 48% is that that 48% includes all the 8 girls (and some who will never be F1 unknown to voters or not).
It actually blows my mind that Heather has more votes than 8 girls combined.
This never happened with Matilda or Sam Frost... their individual % was always less than than the total combined % of the other girls.
So even if Heather had less % than the total of the other girls combined it matters not based on past fan favorites like Matilda and Sam F.

For example: if Heather had 30% of the votes and the other 70% was divided between 8 girls but all those girls individually had less a % than Heather (so less than 30% individually) Heather would still be the leader on the board.

So considering the likelihood of possible F1 (Snez, Heather, Lana = unknown at this point) that Heather is seen as 52% to Snez's 29%.
That's what interests me... the numbers based on possible F1, how that relates to edit, to intro videos, to roses, to screentime, to media, and so on and sleuthing to figure out who the F1 is.

When Lana comes in then what will be even more interesting to see how these numbers change and whether they impact Heather's numbers or Snezana's numbers more.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:32 pm

Its easy for the most support to go to Heather as she is the only person in the media right now. Id bet some viewers have probably forgotten other girls are still in the house given the lack of media coverage they are getting. Not in any way saying Heather was never the fav with the highest % but that the fact that she is all over the place isnt hurtning her % at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzatron Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:53 pm

see2love wrote:Its easy for the most support to go to Heather as she is the only person in the media right now. Id bet some viewers have probably forgotten other girls are still in the house given the lack of media coverage they are getting. Not in any way saying Heather was never the fav with the highest % but that the fact that she is all over the place isnt hurtning her % at the moment.

Do general fans really notice all the media she does though? I live in Sydney (where the show, Heather, etc are based) and I've only known she's done interviews (and that the others haven't) because being more into the show than a regular fan I've gone out actively looking for it like on this forum, google searches, etc. I listen to the same amount of radio as most people (to and from work) and in that time I've never heard an interview with her. Also another medium normal general fans read are things like TV Week but they have interviews with all the girls. In this week's issue they had stories and comments from Emily and Snez (Emily being the main story).

Of course to us it seems like she's out there a lot. We post them all here and listen to them. However I really doubt many regular fans have even noticed she's done interviews, especially when you consider that a lot of the radio shows are only heard in certain areas unless people go out actively looking for the podcasts.

That's another reason why I don't think Heather being in the media is some big intentional push. It looks that way to us because we've collected it all here together but in reality a general fan will maybe hear/read one of them if any.

lozzatron

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:03 pm

ITA Lozzatron ... that's what I tried to explain before in my posts ... that what is obvious to us, who follow all the media, the press, radio, edit ...isn't so obvious to people who just watch and maybe get an access of 1 or 2 front-pages stories and maybe catch some podcast ...

that's why, before when people were questioning how come Heather is doing so much promotion and is so outspoken and is giving away the ending by appearing too much in the media, I don't believe for an average/general viewer she's that "in their face" as it seems to us, who follow every article/link/twitter/radio show... that's why the "F1" prediction is not collectively predominant.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzatron Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:12 pm

happygolucky wrote:ITA Lozzatron ... that's what I tried to explain before in my posts ... that what is obvious to us, who follow all the media, the press, radio, edit ...isn't so obvious to people who just watch and maybe get an access of 1 or 2 front-pages stories and maybe catch some podcast ...

that's why, before when people were questioning how come Heather is doing so much promotion and is so outspoken and is giving away the ending by appearing too much in the media, I don't believe for an average/general viewer she's that "in their face" as it seems to us, who follow every article/link/twitter/radio show...

Totally agree. A lot of my friends and family watch the show but they're just general viewers/fans. Whenever I ask one of them who they think will win it's always something like "the girl that got the white rose" or "the mum" or something like that. If the general public were actually getting bombarded with Heather's media work they'd no doubt a) actually remember her name, and b) probably assume she'd win based on the coverage.

To me Heather's high % in the polls is based on nothing but what is seen on the show. She's gotten a lot of screen time this year because Sam is always seeking her out at CPs, gave her the while rose, puts her on all the GDs, etc. All of that has given her screen time and the fans have noticed her. I'm sure when the new girls come in and they take the attention the poll numbers will change accordingly.

lozzatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 79 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 49 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Heather Maltman

+32
Sanė
Hbomb
happygolucky
AllAboutLove
umpossible