SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16 - Page 79 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Who know maybe if he is still single he could be the next bachelor afterall he is positively experience enough to be ready for a wife and family. Lets see how the ratings go this coming season if down they might just bring him back. LOL

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16 - Page 79 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16

Post by rhondam Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Middle America (some of the World) likely isn't ready for him yet. Hence all the backlash. I wish TPTB were brave enough to go for it with him, but then again, they want a puppet!
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:10 pm

Nibbles, :alltens: I agree word Good Post rock tyvm Robbed for sure!!!Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16 - Page 79 1710264613 hissyfit :angryemotionRedfacemad :bigsigh:
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:19 pm

Sorry for the double post but I just saw MF tweets.  Maybe we won't be robbed after all. Hugesmile
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:31 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Still wondering though why Nick got special access to his SM while filming.
I think Elan is in Nick's corner big time and really likes Nick, probably more than any other male contestant from this show.
As much as the "show" isn't anyone's friends I do think that Nick has friends on the show and they both separate the "show" from their relationship.
That makes sense to me because Nick has shown me via his podcasts that he himself sees the show as "tv" and then reality and even said "producer friends".
It's almost like Nick has a producer's mindset in addition to his own personal view.
He can see both ways and is objective which is likely what makes him friends with producers. He seems to just *get* what it is all about.

I wonder if some of this comes from JB. She went from being on Survivor to being a producer, after all. I could see Nick wanting to do something like that, although I don't get the sense he particularly likes or wants to move to LA.

As for the Ben H. vs. Nick Bachelor talk, Nick said on one of the two Podcasts that Ben H. actually reminded him of himself when he was 26-ish and that Ben H. wasn't as bland as he came across on the show (although Nick didn't use the word "bland," I forget what actual word he did use but it was something along those lines). So I'd certainly be cool watching mini-Nick instead of actual-Nick Smiley.

Of course, if they do end up going with Nick, I'll watch... but I feel like it would be super hard as a fangirl. He already got his redemption edit and I don't want to see him dragged through the mud if he is the lead... and I also am worried about the type of girl he'd pick at this stage and get the feeling he needs a year to 6 month "break." Especially since he was still talking about being attracted to "edgy" on his podcast, which is something he needs to get over a little if he wants to settle down (although I think by edgy, he may have meant "Type A" instead; i.e. self-assured, confident, "knows what she wants", smart/intellectual-types).

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:53 am

Nick right now is ABC cash cow, because kaitlyn season was all about Nick, ATFR, Nightline and other interviews was all Nick mastero. If they have not made up their minds seeing that they are losing in the ratings at night and evening do anyone think the are thinking of milking the cash cow again now that he might be interested in been the lead?

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:39 am

kimberlyg wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Still wondering though why Nick got special access to his SM while filming.
I think Elan is in Nick's corner big time and really likes Nick, probably more than any other male contestant from this show.
As much as the "show" isn't anyone's friends I do think that Nick has friends on the show and they both separate the "show" from their relationship.
That makes sense to me because Nick has shown me via his podcasts that he himself sees the show as "tv" and then reality and even said "producer friends".
It's almost like Nick has a producer's mindset in addition to his own personal view.
He can see both ways and is objective which is likely what makes him friends with producers. He seems to just *get* what it is all about.

I wonder if some of this comes from JB.  She went from being on Survivor to being a producer, after all.  I could see Nick wanting to do something like that, although I don't get the sense he particularly likes or wants to move to LA.

As for the Ben H. vs. Nick Bachelor talk, Nick said on one of the two Podcasts that Ben H. actually reminded him of himself when he was 26-ish and that Ben H. wasn't as bland as he came across on the show (although Nick didn't use the word "bland," I forget what actual word he did use but it was something along those lines).  So I'd certainly be cool watching mini-Nick instead of actual-Nick Smiley.  

Of course, if they do end up going with Nick, I'll watch...  but I feel like it would be super hard as a fangirl.  He already got his redemption edit and I don't want to see him dragged through the mud if he is the lead...  and I also am worried about the type of girl he'd pick at this stage and get the feeling he needs a year to 6 month "break."  Especially since he was still talking about being attracted to "edgy" on his podcast, which is something he needs to get over a little if he wants to settle down (although I think by edgy, he may have meant "Type A" instead; i.e. self-assured, confident, "knows what she wants", smart/intellectual-types).

Astute observations!
Now that you both mention it, he really does step back - detach in a way - and appear to highlight specifics as if looking through a producer type lens. It comes through in his vid interviews with Ali and the most recent ones. I get the sense that he is quite taken with the technical aspects of the show ... the inner workings. He's very bright and a quick study.
 I also think he likes to mentor which is another quality that producers have. Often when he has mentioned that he made friends while on both shows, as you stated, he throws "producer friends" in the mix. :yes:
Since you mentioned JB, based on SM it seems when she posted the pic of them together she may have also been filming something.  She works for 3 different companies. Possibly she had him join her on set which possibly also supports the theory he has an interest in production. It may just be a curiosity of his.

"Edgy" - He refers to himself as a bit edgy so based on that me thinks it refers to less common characteristics in a woman such as sensual (like his provocative pics - not the standard "sexy" posing or actions), daring (not always predictable but meaning that in a positive, fun way), and risk taking (willing to go against the status quo without being foolish - something with more foresight than "in the moment").

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:43 am

Posting here...

Us Weekly just started following Nick on Twitter. The most recent male from this franchise they follow is Chris Soules.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelove7 Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:05 am

I am so enjoying all the commentaries on Nick's new adventure online to promote himself and his "brand". I find he is refreshing in how he speaks to relationships especially this day and age for men in their thirties. I know many men who are still single in their thirties who have a hard time with finding love and to be in committed relationships. I really enjoy his take on what he is looking for in women. It really says so much about men and women of his generation.

I am older and married and I still have single friends who struggle in relationships. One of the biggest complaints is that they can not find men who have the maturity level and want the same things in life. sad

So, I find that Nick represents that particular group of men who wants to find love which is all highly marketable and lifestyle oriented. Good for him to take every opportunity to spread some advice on dating, sex, and relationships! I am sure there are many who can relate to him. He is very relatable with both men and women.

I doubt that he will want to be TB. Listening to the podcast, I get that he respects the franchise for what it is, so he sugar coats his response (I mean after all he wouldn't have gotten so many media opportunities thus far.) and I can tell he wouldn't go on it just to do it. Besides, I am positive that he has a waiting list of sorts of women who want to date him. Who wouldn't?

He's also smart enough to know that he is not completely ready until he is fully emotionally over all of the drama he just went through. I am sorry but it really takes time to get over a relationship. He's also a thinker. He has to process and sort things out before he jumps on the dating wheel again. It's obvious by his advice columns.

Sorry long rant....
lovelove7
lovelove7

Female Posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelove7 Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:22 am

On a side note...in terms of what Nick saw in Kaitlyn....

I can see the attraction of Kaitlyn from the beginning. It was real. I really enjoyed watching her too on C. Soules season. I thought she was whip smart and hilarious. So, I do have respect for her.

However, at the end of the day, her maturity level and emotional eloquence would never par with Nick's.

It seemed to me that on the surface she had everything Nick would want but going deeper and eventually, they would have broken up as she just wouldn't have been able to keep up with him.
I think I see the same exact thing with Andi as well. Andi didn't have the mental strength of making decisions where emotions are heavily involved. She even kept on saying that towards the end as she was debating about what her head was telling her and what her heart was telling her were different. She also broke down with confusion. She couldn't put head and heart together. One of the reasons she waited at the very end to talk to Nick and made the wrong choice, sadly. You have to really know who you are as a person to be able to use both in making life decisions. Not easy to do.

Obviously, if you just follow your head, it would be quite boring. And if you followed your heart, well that can be disaster/tragic. As sometimes, it's more lust/desire/delusion and you are blind to see what kind of person you are getting involved with.

Relationships are tricky especially if you want it to be forever. I love the intrigue, messiness, and the complications as much as I love enjoying how various people approach love on the Bachelor/ette.

I think it's one of the reasons why we see very few couples actually elope from the franchise and make the relationships work in real life.

lovelove7
lovelove7

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelove7 Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:44 am

In regards to Nick being edgy...

When I first saw him on Andi's season, he kind of was like this dorky guy that I could be good friends with and have great conversations. He initially looks like someone who is kind of a nerd and not really edgy. Then bam! He turns into this critical thinker, great communicator of his feelings (like most men are not), sometimes nervous wreck (sensitive and endearing), and just really into personal growth and challenges himself internally by pushing his limits (mentally/emotionally/socially/intellectually). I find that he understands himself more than most men and his standing in social situations. AND that's what is edgy about him. Obviously, he has a way with words/narratives as he is in sales. He uses it to his advantage very well. :claphands

Definitely, salty. I think he is making it look very sexy. I wouldn't have been attracted to "salty" before but snarky seems to be the "it" pheromone.

lovelove7
lovelove7

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:09 pm

hi  I very much enjoyed reading your posts and picked some of my fav bits Smiley

lovelove7 wrote:
So, I find that Nick represents that particular group of men who wants to find love which is all highly marketable and lifestyle oriented. Good for him to take every opportunity to spread some advice on dating, sex, and relationships! I am sure there are many who can relate to him. He is very relatable with both men and women.

Nick does stand out in his ability to discuss relationships with examples from his own life.  This requires a type of vulnerability that elevates the discussion beyond generic and is, I believe, what brings the high relatability factor. It makes it more personal for the listener since show fans have witnessed his journey and draw from what they have seen - share the content - and even if they aren't show fans his use of anecdotes makes for engaging storytelling. Also to his credit is the depth to which he has considered dating, sex, and relationships.  He is highly reflective and gifted in articulating his reflections.  Would love to see him do a column in a publication like GQ.

lovelove7 wrote:
I doubt that he will want to be TB. Listening to the podcast, I get that he respects the franchise for what it is, so he sugar coats his response ...
He's also smart enough to know that he is not completely ready until he is fully emotionally over all of the drama he just went through. I am sorry but it really takes time to get over a relationship. He's also a thinker. He has to process and sort things out before he jumps on the dating wheel again. It's obvious by his advice columns.
:yes:  It would surprise me given his methodical nature.  On the emotional front, IMO the breach of trust was apocalyptic.  He gave trust unconditionally to a friend turned lover and the impact of that investment being devalued would be stunning. He does still recognize that he is astute which is great but not much time has passed since the proposal occurred and after Season 10 he did say that in fairness to whoever he decided date next he felt he needed to be at his best level of openness.  The same could apply here but with different things to sort.

lovelove7 wrote:On a side note...in terms of what Nick saw in Kaitlyn....

I can see the attraction of Kaitlyn from the beginning...
It seemed to me that on the surface she had everything Nick would want but going deeper and eventually, they would have broken up as she just wouldn't have been able to keep up with him.
... Andi didn't have the mental strength of making decisions where emotions are heavily involved...She couldn't put head and heart together. ...You have to really know who you are as a person to be able to use both in making life decisions. Not easy to do.
:yes:  both were just not good long term matches for him - better suited to someone else. It's no different in RL. There is an initial attraction, a budding romance, then over time as the relationship intensifies it will either continue to click on new levels or begin to crack.  It's my belief that a person who has great self knowledge requires a person who is at a likewise stage of awareness otherwise there is equity imbalance.  Neither lead was verbally expressive on an emotional level and we've seen how much he appreciates discussion about emotion and about relationship particulars.  Having a partner that does likewise with ease would give him relationship flow. There also needs to be a match in general perception, or values, such as forgoing judgment, ownership of own actions, importance of kindness, respect where possible, and a belief that revenge is a poor choice.
It also appears that part of the polarizing label comes from some people being unable to process the way he separates lessons learned from his former emotional attachment - head/heart. This may, in part, be why some are stuck on questioning his motives - like Josh in the San Antonio scene. Perhaps some see it as aloof or arrogant however IMO it is just an example of how he sees value in all interactions without living in the past. He moves on because the relationship is done and he is accepting of that. There is nothing residual.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16

+64
Lymie36
KK4
DMBFan
rhondam
lovelove7