SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:47 pm

chloep wrote:Blah.. Just watched the eppies... Loved M+L bit. They were without a doubt the best part of the show... Will be a season to forget, IMO... And the after show was beyond horrible. I have no idea what the execs are thinking over at WBs... This franchise has gone down a road that no prime time, seasoned show should go down on and I don't think there is turning back now. Respect Lacy for calling Jenny out on being mean, crass and condescending to people. Love this girl.

Oh, did she? Props to her!! Honestly, there was just no excuse for that p*nis comment when they just did a segment on anti-bullying. It's like sl*t-Shaming is bad, but transphobic joke because just someone doesn't have a certain body is okay? And, they knew she would be this way from her tweets so it's just inexcusable.

And, for a second, I thought M+L = Mikey and Lauren, haha!

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:50 pm

OnePromise wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
MissB wrote:

I really dislike how Bach alumni live tweet nasty tweets about others knowing how the show is yet most of the people they hate on have never said anything bad about them. It makes me wonder what they gain from it.....re tweets maybe or more followers?

Attention, trying to sound cool/witty, joining the 'in' club of kids. It's high school all over again. And I judge every last one of them. giggling

Just a question, but how are all of our "judgy" comments about the Bach alumni any different from their snarky SM comments about Bach alumni?  Wouldn't we be the pots calling the kettles black?  Should people judge us because we speak our minds openly about the contestants?  I think not.  

We've never been in TV and talked about how hard and unfair it is to be judged so harshly b/c of a TV edit. Nick spent all season defending himself (I don't tell the guys about sex! I was immaure but I regret it! Kaitlyn not a sl*t b/c drunk sex on a first date is an emotional thing!). Then for him to turn around and mock two people, one of which has taken the unpopular position of standing up for him multiple times in twitter?

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:56 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
chloep wrote:Blah.. Just watched the eppies... Loved M+L bit. They were without a doubt the best part of the show... Will be a season to forget, IMO... And the after show was beyond horrible. I have no idea what the execs are thinking over at WBs... This franchise has gone down a road that no prime time, seasoned show should go down on and I don't think there is turning back now. Respect Lacy for calling Jenny out on being mean, crass and condescending to people. Love this girl.

Oh, did she? Props to her!! Honestly, there was just no excuse for that p*nis comment when they just did a segment on anti-bullying. It's like sl*t-Shaming is bad, but transphobic joke because just someone doesn't have a certain body is okay? And, they knew she would be this way from her tweets so it's just inexcusable.

And, for a second, I thought M+L = Mikey and Lauren, haha!  

Yeah, I was catching up on the show when she periscoped about AP. Lol A shame they didn't really show her talking all that much on BIP last season. They really edit her down and she is such a self-aware and candidly non-BS type of girl. I really like that in people.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:09 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I didn't know she was the original tweeter either. Super sleuthers here, sorry I forget who, picked up on that. yes

As far as alumni tweeting during epi night, I don't like it either. They all do it, season after season. Not just one or two tweets, but all night long.

It's their right though, I choose not to read them unless I'm checking someone in particular for something, or read a tweet posted here.

The cohost Jenny Mollen didn't post that tweet. It was Juliet Litman from Grantland. Robert Mills retweeted it and ask her how they could get Ben as Trump running mate.

Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:41 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
OnePromise wrote:
bleuberry wrote:

Attention, trying to sound cool/witty, joining the 'in' club of kids. It's high school all over again. And I judge every last one of them. giggling

Just a question, but how are all of our "judgy" comments about the Bach alumni any different from their snarky SM comments about Bach alumni?  Wouldn't we be the pots calling the kettles black?  Should people judge us because we speak our minds openly about the contestants?  I think not.  

We've never been in TV and talked about how hard and unfair it is to be judged so harshly b/c of a TV edit. Nick spent all season defending himself (I don't tell the guys about sex! I was immaure but I regret it! Kaitlyn not a sl*t b/c drunk sex on a first date is an emotional thing!). Then for him to turn around and mock two people, one of which has taken the unpopular position of standing up for him multiple times in twitter?  

So does that suggest that because we have not publically been "bullied" and then taken a stance against bullying, we can speak negatively without regard for those contestants we have never met? I think that it is wrong either way. If we attempt to point out Nick's (or any other contestants') seemingly double standards, we should also take a look at our own motives. It might give a bit of clarity regarding the reality of the situation those we watch on reality TV are truly in. If we can do it without judgment... Why can't they?

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahValley Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Am I the only one thinking that the beginning of the episode, when Jared was the only guy there and the girls just kept coming in, and all sorts of bachelor comments were flying, could be a "clue" that he is the bachelor?

I don't think Jared is the bachelor, I'm just saying there is a possibility. Smiley
SarahValley
SarahValley

Female Posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:51 pm

It's just different when we are doing it in a forum that isn't directly viewed by these people and we haven't met them! If Ashley was my friend who had stood up for me, I simply wouldn't call her crazy. I would have met her, know that she's went to a prestigious graduate school, and the situation and edit is bringing out the worst in her. To me, she's just a stranger and a character on TV. It's probably not right either way, But when you have tens of thousands of followers, who are all bachelor fans, and you know that your "victim" is going to see it? It's just different.

If we're going to let Nick get away with this, all of Andi, Josh, and Kaitlyn/Shawn's comments about him on Twitter and interviews are okay?

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:55 pm

This is a discussion forum for reality tv contestants. Not all comments are going to be in a positive light. We are discussing our opinions. If one chooses to post negative SM comments directly to the contestants themselves, it is not a reflection of this forum.

Therefore, we are simply a discussion forum not to be confused with bullying.

The contestants themselvles or any other person on this planet has the right to post whatever they want. Whether we agree or not with the content it's their choice. A lot of the contestant post snark SM all the time on a continuous basis.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:15 pm

I asked to see the tweets Nick posted last night, because I wouldn't support his negativity... but after reading his 2 tweets I must say he was not mocking or making fun of Ashely I. ... not the way I see it ... he was indeed very observant of her behavior and as someone said (OnePromise, was it?) he was sounding more encouraging (maybe it didn't really ring the right tone). As for his tweet about Clare, I don't know what that was all about.
I just think his tweets about Ashley were far from shaming or being hurtful/disrespectful and I personally actually agree with what he wrote.

But I can understand it could be hurtful to Ashely, who already lacks self-confidence and would prefer to trade her personality for Kaitlyn's, that he deleted them ... and maybe he should tell her in person what he wrote, because she should hear it.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Nick deleted his tweets within an hour. Maybe he regretted his tweets and then took them back.  Like I said before, it could happen to all of us: we say/post something then later regret and wish we could take it back. He was snarky last BIP and Marcus got upset at him. I don't think it's a big deal now, but if nick continue to post negative tweets, I will be disappointed.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:41 pm

sdmom wrote:Nick deleted his tweets within an hour. Maybe he regretted his tweets and then took them back.  Like I said before, it could happen to all of us: we say/post something then later regret and wish we could take it back. He was snarky last BIP and Marcus got upset at him. I don't think it's a big deal now, but if nick continue to post negative tweets, I will be disappointed.

I think the comment he made about Ashley I.was that she lacked perspective by using phrases like "I'm always" or "I'll die" when she relates it to her BIP experience.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:53 pm

I think a lot of people could say the same for him since he was ready to marry two women he had gone on 4-5 dates with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+61
sparkler
whit90
nd4reality
Lievta
Nibbles22