SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Page 43 of 80 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bff -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 43 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by happygolucky Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:48 am

chasingpavements wrote:He didn't realize he was being filmed, haha. It was at a viewing party and the women were really going off on Nick ("he creeps me out so much! if he didn't have this show, he'd have nothing! He'd be working at k-mart") and JJ didn't stand up for him at all. Just goes to show that a lot of friendships people have in this franchise are fake and superficial.
I agree with you on the superficiality of these friendships from the show ... but regarding JJ ... he actually is very sarcastic when talking about people ... especially the ones he knows he can be sarcastic about/with ... and I've heard him talk s*** about some other people too, but it was a complete fabrication and he doesn't actually believe those words ... so I doubt he honestly means what he said ... and I'm not defending Nick or JJ in this matter ... but just the quote "if he didn't have this show, he'd have nothing! He'd be working at k-mart" is funny ... because it's ridiculous... and that's what JJ's satirical jokes mostly play on ... stating most ridiculous things ...sometimes to make people think ... because he's actually a smart cookie.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

bff -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 43 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:54 am

chasingpavements wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I dunno about Nick but I'd hope my friends weren't calling me self-absorbed, an attention seeker, or a pot stirrer - no matter what glowing endorsement followed. I don't follow his friendship with JJ but thought it was so strange that he'd say that on Periscope no less. Weird.

He didn't realize he was being filmed, haha. It was at a viewing party and the women were really going off on Nick ("he creeps me out so much! if he didn't have this show, he'd have nothing! He'd be working at k-mart") and JJ didn't stand up for him at all. Just goes to show that a lot of friendships people have in this franchise are fake and superficial.  
I listened to and watched this same periscope and that is not what I heard. Unfortunately the periscope cannot be retrieved like Nick's podcast or video recap by Dana but just like Nick never said he liked being a bad guy nor did Dana say she personally thought Nick was insincere, it is difficult to ascertain what is fact versus opinion about facts unless there is some data/evidence to go by or IMO, JMO is added.

Nick has called JJ an azz and said he still loves him. JJ has stood up for Nick by even tweeting that he loves him. Fake, not real, who knows. IMO, I think their friendship is real.

What is known is that these two are willing to call each other out on their BS and still say they love each other. To me that is a sign of true friendship - whether lasting or not, it has a realness to it, imo. No need to sugar coat one's imperfections, but embrace the whole person and not put them on a pedestal to do so.

Jmho

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:00 am

happygolucky wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:He didn't realize he was being filmed, haha. It was at a viewing party and the women were really going off on Nick ("he creeps me out so much! if he didn't have this show, he'd have nothing! He'd be working at k-mart") and JJ didn't stand up for him at all. Just goes to show that a lot of friendships people have in this franchise are fake and superficial.
I agree with you on the superficiality of these friendships from the show ... but regarding JJ ... he actually is very sarcastic when talking about people ... especially the ones he knows he can be sarcastic about/with ... and I've heard him talk s*** about some other people too, but it was a complete fabrication and he doesn't actually believe those words ... so I doubt he honestly means what he said ... and I'm not defending Nick or JJ in this matter ... but just the quote "if he didn't have this show, he'd have nothing! He'd be working at k-mart" is funny ... because it's ridiculous... and that's what JJ's satirical jokes mostly play on ... stating most ridiculous things ...sometimes to make people think ... because he's actually a smart cookie.

^^actually, that wasn't JJ saying that - that was one of the women there...and she unfortunately was being totally serious. After that rant, she asked JJ if he knew Nick well and he said "yeah, he and I become good friends. He is self-absorbed. He then talked about how Nick did the show twice to stand out b/c he came from such a large family and probably felt overlooked. JJ was surprisingly very serious throughout that whole viewing party - he talked about Clint, His edit, doing BIP, his ex-girlfriend, the attack, etc. all in a very straightforward manner.

ETA: it was Molly McAleer's viewing party on 7-13. You can go to her Twitter to see she doesn't like Nick and was even talked about being blocked by him. In case, people thought that I had the imagination to make up the k-mart remark myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:20 am

oh ... OK, I understood that JJ said those things ... well, in this case, if it was another commentator i don't know, then I don't really care about the intention of her opinion and she can continue to dislike Nick ... I was just trying to express about JJ's satirical style when talking about somebody... he knows the boundaries ... with/about whom he can joke heavily and who he has to go lightly with ... I'm sure he would never say a bad word about/to Tanley, but he would about Nick, because he knows that Nick can take it and twist it around. JMO

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:04 am

chasingpavements wrote:
happygolucky wrote:

^^actually, that wasn't JJ saying that - that was one of the women there...and she unfortunately was being totally serious. After that rant, she asked JJ if he knew Nick well and he said "yeah, he and I become good friends. He is self-absorbed. He then talked about how Nick did the show twice to stand out b/c he came from such a large family and probably felt overlooked. JJ was surprisingly very serious throughout that whole viewing party - he talked about Clint, His edit, doing BIP, his ex-girlfriend, the attack, etc. all in a very straightforward manner.

ETA: it was Molly McAleer's viewing party on 7-13. You can go to her Twitter to see she doesn't like Nick and was even talked about being blocked by him. In case, people thought that I had the imagination to make up the k-mart remark myself.

I really don't think Nick gives two tosses about some strangers opinions of him on a show, he has reiterated that he does not take it personally, and that he does not let the positives get to his head as much as the negativity bothers him. He gets JJ and Clints brand of humour and I don't think he was offended by JJ comments in anyway.
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by hdman Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:43 am

Oh boy when you miss a couple of days you sure have alot to catch up on.

hdman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:56 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I dunno about Nick but I'd hope my friends weren't calling me self-absorbed, an attention seeker, or a pot stirrer - no matter what glowing endorsement followed. I don't follow his friendship with JJ but thought it was so strange that he'd say that on Periscope no less. Weird.

He didn't realize he was being filmed, haha. It was at a viewing party and the women were really going off on Nick ("he creeps me out so much! if he didn't have this show, he'd have nothing! He'd be working at k-mart") and JJ didn't stand up for him at all. Just goes to show that a lot of friendships people have in this franchise are fake and superficial.  
I listened to and watched this same periscope and that is not what I heard. Unfortunately the periscope cannot be retrieved like Nick's podcast or video recap by Dana but just like Nick never said he liked being a bad guy nor did Dana say she personally thought Nick was insincere, it is difficult to ascertain what is fact versus opinion about facts unless there is some data/evidence to go by or IMO, JMO is added.

Nick has called JJ an azz and said he still loves him. JJ has stood up for Nick by even tweeting that he loves him. Fake, not real, who knows. IMO, I think their friendship is real.

What is known is that these two are willing to call each other out on their BS and still say they love each other. To me that is a sign of true friendship - whether lasting or not, it has a realness to it, imo. No need to sugar coat one's imperfections, but embrace the whole person and not put them on a pedestal to do so.

Jmho

We are all flawed afterall......JMO.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:41 am

People not standing up for Nick = he must be an azz so he has not friend. Hmmm... So we are down to the smallest thing about him now? And why do we have to form our opinion base on others' perspective?

I really think we should find something new to discuss, it's getting boring now that whether Nick is a villian has been discussed for more than a year now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:51 am

I personally thought now that Nick wont be the bachelor everyone would be happy but seems not what a pity. I am a die hard Nick Chick so I am cool with the garbage I take the leader attitude say what you want it wont hurt my feelings. I dwell on the positive and leave the negative behind. Upward on onward. I know his poop stink just like mine so I am cool.

Last edited by reason on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:53 am

Yeah, Nick said some pretty straightforward things about JJ in that Huff Post podcast, yet he wasn't offended at all, instead retweeted the link and said he loved it. I think those two like each other just fine, despite not thinking the other one is perfect.

I also highly doubt Dana Weiss holds Nick's love of attention against him. I mean she's a blogger herself, you don't get much more attention-seeking than that. I'm sure she thinks she's a nice person too despite it, much like she thinks Nick is a nice guy. I think her constant positive tweets and comments about him outweigh the few that could be interpreted negatively. JMO.

Last edited by mindless on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:55 am

Nibbles22 wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:People not standing up for Nick = he must be an azz so he has not friend. Hmmm... So we are down to the smallest thing about him now? And why do we have to form our opinion base on others' perspective?

I really think we should find something new to discuss, it's getting boring now that whether Nick is a villian has been discussed for more than a year now!

Honestly, I think Nick fans just need to stay out of this thread.  It's to the point of ridiculousness now, and has been for a long time.  :Nod:  

I think that too, indeed (but then maybe people will say his fans not standing up for him too? cantstopl).

I always remember one wise example:
When a horse hears someone say he is a deer, he just laughs and walks away.

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:01 am

I don't find it any different than other past contestant threads. Nick is either loved, hated or people are indifferent towards him. The ones who hate him, will post their dislike. The ones who love him will defend him relentlessly and the ones who are indifferent will just stay neutral. This board is all about differing opinions and that's why we have both discussion and fan threads. JMHO.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 80 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

+59
GuardianAngel
jen689
Bet2Win
FLChica
Mustang19