SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 3 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:28 pm

I don't know if she necessarily WILL be hated. It's really all up to the edit and how Becca carries herself on the show. I thought Nick handled himself really well as a returnee and was very good with explaining himself and answering any questions the guys have, and he was able to get most of them on his side. There's no reason that Becca can't do the same, especially since she doesn't have that pre-filming relationship and the reputation that Nick did. Although I didn't watch Ben's season, I thought that people were more upset with how the girls treated Shawntel, than Shawntel's return. Kacie got a bit of flack, but I don't know if I would categorize viewers' response to her as "hate". I also didn't watch Byron's season, but I remember stuckinsc saying that the girls were able to accept Mary pretty quickly, despite her agressive nature.

ETA: I don't think the "ready for marriage" is a big thing. As Molly said in her podcast, NO ONE is ready to get married at that point and NO ONE is actually in love. It's basically just an agreement to date. I think that Becca could 100% do that for someone like Ben, who is her dream guy.

Last edited by chasingpavements on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 3 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by BlackHalo Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:28 pm

eversotrue wrote:She'd still get flack if she was f1 though. And she'd drag Ben down, right along with her...
Yeah, I don't think the audience would take too kindly to them just agreeing to date. That's not what this show is and they could have done that without him being the bachelor. It really is in Ben's best interest to get rid of her and focus on the girls that are looking for the same thing that he is.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:32 pm

I hope that this cast is SO amazing, that TPTB and Ben feel they have no choice but to let Becca go, to make room for the others. Please Lord!

Last edited by eversotrue on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:38 pm

BlackHalo wrote:
eversotrue wrote:She'd still get flack if she was f1 though. And she'd drag Ben down, right along with her...
Yeah, I don't think the audience would take too kindly to them just agreeing to date. That's not what this show is and they could have done that without him being the bachelor. It really is in Ben's best interest to get rid of her and focus on the girls that are looking for the same thing that he is.
Exactly. People don't like what they aren't used to. And they aren't used to people who are supposed to get engaged and be inlove agreeing to just date and "see where it goes." I just hope that TPTB don't make Ben keep her for too long, and I also hope he doesn't fall for her (only because of the circumstance(s))

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:49 pm

I don't understand all the negative remarks for Becca! scratch  

I really like her and think she is a very genuine person with good morals and values. *edit* Maybe she is really wanting to find her own 'happily ever after".

Last edited by George1218 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:49 pm

chasingpavements wrote:I don't know if she necessarily WILL be hated. It's really all up to the edit and how Becca carries herself on the show. I thought Nick handled himself really well as a returnee and was very good with explaining himself and answering any questions the guys have, and he was able to get most of them on his side. There's no reason that Becca can't do the same, especially since she doesn't have that pre-filming relationship and the reputation that Nick did. Although I didn't watch Ben's season, I thought that people were more upset with how the girls treated Shawntel, than Shawntel's return. Kacie got a bit of flack, but I don't know if I would categorize viewers' response to her as "hate". I also didn't watch Byron's season, but I remember stuckinsc saying that the girls were able to accept Mary pretty quickly, despite her agressive nature.

ETA: I don't think the "ready for marriage" is a big thing. As Molly said in her podcast, NO ONE is ready to get married at that point and NO ONE is actually in love. It's basically just an agreement to date. I think that Becca could 100% do that for someone like Ben, who is her dream guy.
Just wanted to respond to a few things:
I did not see Mary as aggressive during Byron's season. So I guess this is your opinion? Or was there something specific I might have forgotten.
I guess what I am trying to say is what each sees is subjective. Subjectivity vs objectivity.  

Each returnee is under a different set of circumstances, different producers will put their own unique spin on what they want to feed the other cast regarding the returnee depending on how they want that cast to be received. Think DRAMA. That is the goal. 
Some cast are more articulate and are able to talk themselves out of a box--others not so much. 
Many variables. 
The bottom line is no returnee is naive or innocent of the process. Becca partied with TPTB after filming hours her season. My opinion is she should be enough aware of what is what.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:53 pm

^^ Nope, I didn't see Byron's season and know nothing about Mary (except that whole domestic violence thing). That's just what I remember stuckinsc saying. I actually don't think she used the word "aggressive", just that she was an alpha woman.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:55 pm

George1218 wrote:I don't understand all the people hating on Becca! scratch  

I really like her and think she is a very genuine person with good morals and values. *edit* Maybe she is really wanting to find her own 'happily ever after".  
I'm not hating on Becca, I just think it's silly to go back on a show that expects an engagement and she's not willing to be engaged. Perhaps for Ben she'd go along with it since I don't see him causing any waves. He knows what is expected of him.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:56 pm

I really like her and think she is a very genuine person with good morals and values. *edit*  Maybe she is really wanting to find her own 'happily ever after".  
This is a discussion thread. Please review the format.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:56 pm

People just tend to never like returnees in general. Even sweet, Kacie B got some flack over it when she returned.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by loveactually9 Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:59 pm

RJ what is the info you received that makes you think she won't make it far? Is it because the group of girls is so great that she has very stiff competition?

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:02 am

It would kind of be funny if she was F2 since she loves to joke about being F2/"loser" on SM.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+59
lkr
gurlbrit
nuts2uiam
SLA44
Mozart