SELECT CONTENT

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 36 of 48 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 36 Empty Re: Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by sparkler Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Maddy wrote:I work with people, I do Past Life Regression therapy, talking to anybody about their problems I know and can predict how they would behave in stressful situations. So I'm thinking they probably select people with some psychological problems expecting drama, or they are not that smart and don't intentionally do it???  question
I really started thinking about that, Jubilee is another girl who is expected to have a meltdown that is absolutely predictable in this scenario.  no  I dunno, I don't like when people with psychological problems are being shown in this kind of light... no no it is cruel no
)

It seems to me that they intentionally cast one person like Olivia every season (Vienna, Courtney, Tiara come to mind). I got caught up in the drama during those earlier seasons which is exactly what the producers want. I spend time talking about those characters with my unspoiled coworkers every season. These cast members are on all the talk shows and its lively entertainment. it's at the expense of someone's life though which is troubling to me. I know everyone quickly moves on but I wonder what the long lasting effect is on those "characters." Courtney said in her book that she lost modeling jobs over the show. But even worse, there can be long lasting shame in the contestants long after they stop being entertaining. The producers seem to take someone who is competitive, socially awkward and oblivous, who doesn't do well in groups as well as a possible personality disorder.then they throw them into the group, light a fire and watch the effects, all in the name of entertainment. I feel bad for Olivia. Her self esteem is on display for all of us to see and even though she signed up for the show, she is putty in the hands of TPTB.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 36 Empty Re: Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by rhondam Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:23 pm

I agree word Good Post  Yes 1000%! Well said  :yes: :yes:
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:32 pm

Longhornfan wrote:
Seabear wrote:I actually feel bad for Olivia.  Enough is enough.  CH the champion of cyber bullying  Rolling Eyes  was cruelly bashing her the whole time on the After Show.  I get that she provided TPTB with the material but IMO they are pushing the mean comments to far. Suspect no no

Totally agree!!!  Chris Harrison seemed to relish in humiliating Olivia last night - and even encouraged everyone else onstage to do the same thing.  How would he like it if his own daughter was treated like that?  He seems to forget that Olivia is someone's daughter too, and it must be terrible for her family to have to witness this happening to her.  Shame on him!!!

I can't stand CH. Bullying and humiliating someone is perfectly fine to him when he's the one doing it. I knew that BS at the MTA last year about cyber-bullying and sl*t-shaming was just to cover their asses so they didn't have to take any responsibility for their own part in it. No doubt he'll get some of the women going at the WTA and they'll go right along with attacking Olivia so they can be on BiP. I hope Olivia stays strong.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:19 am

I feel horrible for her.

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:22 am

http://oliviacaridi.com/blog/ her personal blog. Found it interesting

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:39 am

mizzoufan wrote:I feel horrible for her.

Me too. I'm afraid this will have long term consequences on her personality and confidence which is just very sad. Her poor parents watching this unfold. She'd be good as one of Jimmy Kimmel's reporters on the street asking people ridiculous questions like their opinion on affordable healthcare vs. obamacare. laugh out loud  I can see her being really funny with that. Hope she bounces back from it all. They'll probably dangle redemption over her head if she's willing to sign up for BIP. I hope she says no. I think her exit is before Live ends, so she'll probably be on that.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:59 am

Yes in Huffington Post podcast Sharleen Joynt was the guest this morning and says tptb went too far with Olivia too. She said, well they always go too far but they really took it way too far this time. Also some other great insights by her such as how to spit obvious prompts etc. 

Here To Make Friends - A Bachelor Recap Show by The Huffington Post/Panoply
https://itun.es/ca/NCXt7.c
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:08 pm

Sorry to bring up Olivia again but wanted to know if there is any way to sleuth or find out who Olivia's main producer was?
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:36 pm

mizzoufan wrote:http://oliviacaridi.com/blog/ her personal blog. Found it interesting

From Olivia's blog....

Since the airing of The Bachelor on January 4th, social media and the Internet have been a buzz with well wishes and questions for me. The outpouring of support is overwhelming, so thank you very much. Below are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.

Did you spend $40,000 on clothing for The Bachelor?
No. I don’t have $40,000 to spend on clothing. I am a journalist who is just starting a career, and my checking account reflects that. What I did do is spend time with Christian Ramirez, one of my best friends who happens to be a stylist (Instagram Christian_RamirezTV). So kudos to him for helping me LOOK like I spent forty grand on clothes!

Did you separate from your serious boyfriend to be on The Bachelor?
No. Before I became a contestant on The Bachelor I dated a great guy named Josh. However, he lived 200 miles away from me and we only saw each other occasionally. We did not see each other enough to be in the position to be “serious” and we agreed to stop dating before I was ever actually cast on the show.

On a related note, my only serious boyfriend was when I was in college. I thought he was “The One” and I loved him very much. We talked about our future together, careers, moving in together, marriage and even kids, before he unexpectedly broke up with me. It was very difficult for me and I have not been in a relationship on that level since.

Are you a Christian?
Yes, I am a Christian. My faith is very personal to me, though I don’t talk about it much publicly. My parents told me a long time ago it was not a good idea to discuss my personal beliefs about either politics or religion. What I will say is that I am not sure where the atheist comments have come from. I’m a Christian. I found religion later in my life, specifically in college at Texas Christian University, where I earned my journalism degree, and I continue to explore and grow in my faith.

Did you go on The Bachelor for the “right reasons?”
Yes. I have watched The Bachelor for many years. I love the show and I am a hopeful romantic. Meeting Ben Higgins was a “limited time offer” and I wanted to try to have it all. The opportunity to meet Ben was now or never. I went on this season because I genuinely hoped to have a connection with Ben. The Bachelor franchise does a thorough investigation of our intentions and we would not be cast unless we genuinely hoped to find love.

Was it a bad idea to leave your job to find love on a television show?
No I don’t think so. I gave up my job to be on the show, but I did not give up my career. I am confident that I will get another job in broadcast news to continue my career in the television news industry. In TV news, we move often in the early stages of our careers. Leaving for a new station or a new opportunity after a year or two is quite common.

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:51 pm

At sometime, perhaps while she was still attending college, Olivia was an intern at the local ABC television station in Dallas (WFAA). A while back they showed a picture of her that was taken back when she interned there.

Her blog certainly sounds upbeat. I hope that that is a true indication of how she is really feeling. Well, at least she does not seem to be focusing on all of the negativity right now, which is a good thing.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:00 pm

I was believing she wasn't delusional until I read this part! rofl rofl

Did you go on The Bachelor for the “right reasons?”
Yes. I have watched The Bachelor for many years. I love the show and I am a hopeful romantic. Meeting Ben Higgins was a “limited time offer” and I wanted to try to have it all. The opportunity to meet Ben was now or never. I went on this season because I genuinely hoped to have a connection with Ben. The Bachelor franchise does a thorough investigation of our intentions and we would not be cast unless we genuinely hoped to find love.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:04 pm

I had the same reaction nutty1. Then I realized, she needs to "suck up" to TPTB if she has any hope of redemption at WTA. One negative word or griping about edit or manipulation, and she'll be tarred and feathered at WTA.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 48 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+62
Beach Lover
kimberlyg
jen689
sparkler
Ariela