SELECT CONTENT

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 39 of 48 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 39 Empty Re: Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:26 pm

I'm also thinking Olivia's not allowed to divulge about the edit and what is unseen. Olivia was saying she didn't get the rose last like it was edited. She got it 4th to last which is a big difference IMO.

I just read Sharleen's blog post and she is definitely upset - she herself was told not to talk about the edit or what producers do. This is interesting to me because she's been doing that for years but only now seems to be threatened/gagged not to.

However, I don't believe it's because of Olivia. Not really. I believe it's because Sharleen's recaps are with Flare Mag who tags Reality Steve in them and Sharleen's retweets them so RS is shown as part of Sharleen's SM and her tweeting with him tagged in her tweets. .

TPTB are cracking down on those who have RS as part of their SM in any way. JoJo had to delete her tweet that she posted and which Caila liked (and Rob Mills immediately started following them after they did this). I think after the near foiler last year and given they've sued RS in the past that anyone seen fraternizing in their minds with the enemy is going to get threatened/warned.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 39 Empty Re: Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:40 pm

Maddy wrote:Sharleen Joynt:
But watching Olivia’s sequined cake dance took things too far. She was obviously so deeply uncomfortable up there, I had to wonder what—or rather, who—possessed her to come up with such a choice. (And on the subject of “who,” I truly wonder how that person sleeps at night.)
We discussed this at length in the podcast and Claire made a good point. She said that up until that point, she hadn’t cared much for Olivia, as seems to be the case with most viewers. But the show went to such great lengths to humiliate her (oh, you think a giant cake just happened to be there?), we all agreed that as a result, she became a sympathetic character. I have to wonder what path Olivia’s story might have taken had she not received the double-edged sword that is the First Impression Rose. Might she have been less confident and thus behaved differently, more tentatively? What if her main producer wasn’t on this season? Would she have bonded with and trusted another producer to the same extent, and ultimately made the same detrimental choices? Her talent show performance alone wasn’t terrible. She was obviously untalented but self-deprecating and willing to make fun of herself. But the number just went too long, and paired with the editing department’s favorite trainwreck music, the whole thing rapidly went from good-humoured to sadistic. Were you uncomfortable watching Olivia’s talent show segment, including her tears after the fact?
Good. Me, too. Empathy FTW.
http://www.flare.com/celebrity/sharleen-joynt-on-the-bachelor-episode-4-2/

Empathy FTW indeed! I love Sharleen and I totally want to steal that line. Especially seeing how almost everyone now who goes on this show gets torn to shreds on social media for one thing or another. It makes me fear for humanity.   Planned role or not, I don't think Olivia had any clue on how she would be portrayed and how she'd come across to people.  It seems like she was putty in the producers hands. She is giving them so many opportunities to throw her under a bus.  And they are taking them all.  That's their job, she signed up for it, but I still feel for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:03 pm

TPTB are no one's friend(cast present, past or future).

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:48 pm

I get that contestants aren't supposed to spill the beans about stuff that wasn't shown, however, by making Sharleen take down what she wrote, tptb are just drawing more attention to the stuff they don't want us to know. All of us here already know this kind of stuff goes on all the time. Admittedly, the un-spoiled probably don't, but this is the sort of thing that gets noticed on SM and that is when it comes to the attention of those unspoiled people. It was exactly this type of thing that led me to fall into the rabbit hole of Bachelor/ette spoilers. Just slap them on the wrist privately and tell them not to do it again and dangle BIP or some other inducement their way and they're good to go.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:55 pm

It is pretty sad that they're so serious about their mission of making Olivia the villain that they have to shut down anyone who dares to defend her. That's not even about making entertainment anymore, that's just pure evil.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:49 am

what did sharleen have to take down?

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:55 am

mindless wrote:It is pretty sad that they're so serious about their mission of making Olivia the villain that they have to shut down anyone who dares to defend her. That's not even about making entertainment anymore, that's just pure evil.
IA.

What is even more crazy is how Ben didn't say Olivia's breath didn't stink... he let it go like it did.
Part of me wonders if Ben is gagged by contract to have to "play" a role on those Bachelor Live appearances.
B/c he's looked very uncomfortable on them every time I have seen him - like he doesn't want to be there.
Also, it's not like him to be so negative about a person - especially when they are being nailed to the wall by TPTB like Olivia's been.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:59 am

california90 wrote:what did sharleen have to take down?
She had contacted Olivia to ask about the cankles comment. Olivia has explained that she had been overweight and bullied and Ben complimenting her legs on the soccer date gave her hope a man could love her as she is. She said she asked about his friends who had died and said she would be there for him, before talking about her cankles to basically thank him for what he said to her prior. She also said she was 4th to last to get rose, not last.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:14 am

No matter how much TPBP try to paint Olivia as the big bad villain, she comes across much better than half of the other girls. She doesn't spend her time trashing the others' looks, she's there for herself and that's it. I bet they could show a lot of fun and sympathetic clips of her, but tearing Olivia down seems to be the theme of the season.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:17 am

nothatgirl wrote:
She had contacted Olivia to ask about the cankles comment. Olivia has explained that she had been overweight and bullied and Ben complimenting her legs on the soccer date gave her hope a man could love her as she is. She said she asked about his friends who had died and said she would be there for him, before talking about her cankles to basically thank him for what he said to her prior. She also said she was 4th to last to get rose, not last.

Why would Sharleen have to listen to TPTB? She's not under contract anymore, so why can't she just tell them no? It reminds me of a tweet or something I saw about their hunt for Alex Michel.. "you can't quit this show!"

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:53 am

grace8136 wrote:
nothatgirl wrote:

Why would Sharleen have to listen to TPTB? She's not under contract anymore, so why can't she just tell them no? It reminds me of a tweet or something I saw about their hunt for Alex Michel.. "you can't quit this show!"

I don't think it is that Sharleen is still under contract, but rather that Olivia still is and she discussed stuff that happened on the show that was not shown. That is a no no according to her contract. I don't know what Sharleen's obligations are under the law. Maybe she could have kept the interview, but tptb threatened to sue her and she didn't want to go through the hassle.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:25 am

I think TPTB don't want 2 things:
1. current contestants still on the show talking to media w/out their permission
2. any connection with current season to RS

Sharleen was doing both those things.
A big no-no from TPTB.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 48 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+62
Beach Lover
kimberlyg
jen689
sparkler
Ariela