SELECT CONTENT

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 6 Empty Re: Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:55 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:

Baked Cheddar Broccoli Rice Cups

They look so good! I am a huge broccoli rice fan so I've got to give this a try.
Thanks for sharing!

Back to top Go down

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 6 Empty Re: Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:34 am

@BKay they were very easy to make in no time at all.

This is in my crock pot right now. I've never made them.

http://damndelicious.net/2014/09/27/slow-cooker-cheesy-bacon-ranch-potatoes/
SLOW COOKER CHEESY BACON RANCH POTATOES
INGREDIENTS:

6 slices bacon
3 pounds red potatoes, chopped
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 tablespoon Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix, or more, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped chives

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Spread bacon in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until brown and crispy, about 12-14 minutes. Let cool before crumbling; set aside.
Line a slow cooker with aluminum foil, leaving enough to overhang to wrap the potatoes on top, and coat with nonstick spray. Place a layer of potatoes evenly into the slow cooker. Top with cheese, Ranch Seasoning and bacon, repeating 2 more times and reserving 1/2 cup cheese.
Cover potatoes with aluminum foil. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and cook until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with chives.

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 6 IMG_0198edit

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71621

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ddsmom17 Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:07 am

Just found this thread. So many appealing recipes! The Baked Cheddar Broccoli Rice Cups looks delicious GA! Can't wait to try. I made a similar one with quinoa once. Didn't care for it. Probably because I'm not a fan of quinoa. I know its good for us, but I'm not used to the tiny little grains. I like that these are portioned controlled. Need that! Especially after the holidays.
ddsmom17
ddsmom17

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:47 pm

This is a recipe the late SLA44 sent me about four years ago. I checked through all the back pages in this thread and didn't see it. It is a delightful little dessert for one.

Brownie In A mug (Microwave Recipe)
Post by SLA44 Today at 2:54 pm

Brownie in a Mug Recipe

Prep time: 3 minutes

Cook time: 2 minutes

Some mugs don't microwave well because there is metal in their ceramic glaze. They'll work but they may get very hot. Best to use a plain old everyday un-fancy mug.

Ingredients

1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa (natural, unsweetened)
Pinch of salt
Tiny pinch of cinnamon
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp canola oil or vegetable oil (NOT extra virgin olive oil, it's too strongly flavored)
1 to 2 drops vanilla extract
1 small scoop of ice cream or 1 or 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream to serve

Method

1 Place flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, and cinnamon in a microwave safe ceramic mug. Stir with a fork or spoon to mix well and break up any clumps.

2 Add the oil, water, and vanilla to the cup and stir until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.

3 Place in microwave and heat on high until the mixture is cooked through, about a 1 minute and 40 seconds for a 1000 watt microwave. You may have to experiment and adjust the time for less or more powerful microwaves. If you don't know the power level on your microwave, start with 60 seconds and increase until the brownie is done. It should still be moist when cooked through, not dry.
4 Let cool for a minute and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a teaspoon or two of whipping cream poured over.
Yield: Makes one serving.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue May 02, 2017 6:41 pm

I make chocolate cake in a mug.  It's delicious and it's great for when you are wanting a chocolate fix!  

3 T.  flour
3 T. sugar
2 T. cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
Tiny pinch of salt
3 T.  milk
3 T. canola/vegetable oil
Splash of vanilla extract
3 T. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix dry ingredients together in a microwave-safe mug. Add milk, oil and vanilla extract.  Mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Microwave for 90 seconds.  Let stand for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.  Enjoy!
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue May 02, 2017 6:52 pm

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/broccoli-ham-ring

I make this all the time. Very tasty and also attractive!
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 02, 2017 9:52 pm

@Mommyof2 thanks! I haven't made one of those rings in a long time. I used to make them all the time. They are so easy, and delicious. I used to make a Mexican taco one.

The cake in a mug sounds yummy and @Newto brownie in a mugs sounds wonderful!

I recently bought a 2 quart crock pot. I have a large round one and a large oval one. But I wanted something smaller that I can make one or two meals without dragging out the big heavier ones and to encourage more healthy eating. I have been using crock pots for years, but this little guy is one of the best purchases I've made in awhile.

This morning, I peeled and sliced a couple of carrots, sliced some onions, topped it with two quarter chickens, seasoned and done. Took me 5 minutes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed May 03, 2017 4:31 am

@GuardianAngel  -  I belong to a comprehensive recipe site; don't know if it is OK to put up the URL here.  It allows you to search by ingredients, etc.  I get an e-mail from them every morning with ideas.  I can send it to you by PM if you would like it; if so send me a PM. I have never owned a slow cooker, so can't be much help in that department.

As for Brownie in a Mug, I take no credit for that.  Just a nice memory for me of SLA44.  I make it once in a while as a treat for DH.  It is a lot to eat in one sitting, IMHO.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 03, 2017 10:20 am

I've used a slow cooker for years. I know what works and what doesn't.  Last week, my son was going to be in town, with very little notice. That morning, I layered a couple of sliced potatoes and carrots in my large crock pot and topped it with pork ribs and tons of seasonings. In my smaller crock pot I threw some frozen chicken diced carrots and celery for chicken soup because it was a rather chilly day. After work, I drizzled bbq sauce over the ribs, while I took out the chicken, diced it, threw it back in, added rice and it cooks within 5 minutes. So easy.

I'm not a recipe person, TBH. I never follow one. I may look at one, but I'll wing it to my preference. I think it's the Italian background, they don't cook with measuring cups or instructions. It's just all by eyeing it. laugh out loud

Baking is another matter, that is followed with very little substitutions.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed May 03, 2017 10:21 am

Honestly, I have tried several of your recipes GA and they turn out lovely! And what is nice is they do not have to be precise!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:42 pm

I have totally missed that this thread existed! I'm excited. I'll have to go back through and see what kind of recipes are here. I'm hoping to find all kinds of stuff! I look at fridge every day and wonder what to cook next. I would love good smoothie recipes.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:02 pm

I'll add one...off the top of my head for those that like Coconut. It's a simple coconut cake but it's soooooooooooo good! This needs to be prepared as a sheet cake. Layers would be too moist to hold as a layered cake.

White cake batter (box or home made). I always use box. After the batter is done, remove from oven and punch holes in it while it is still hot. (I use a large fork)

Combine in mixing bowl....one can sweet and condensed milk (14 oz)
one can creme of coconut 15 oz. Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 6 Creme_10

After mixing those two together,  pour all over cake batter after you have removed it from oven. It will seep down in the holes you have punched in cake batter. The batter(cake) will absord it when hot.

Then just spread cool whip over top to cover entire sheet cake and sprinkle frozen coconut on top of cool whip. Cover with aluminum foil to hold in moisture and put in fridge for a few hours. It's to die for if you like coconut. It never lasts 24 hours at my house and it's sooooo simple to make.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes

+16
Newto
ddsmom17
SLA44
Linds911
BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure