SELECT CONTENT

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 Empty Re: Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Yes, I love coconut!
 I have done something similar for autumn, substituting canned pumpkin for the creme of coconut and using yellow cake vs white cake. So good!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 Empty Re: Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:21 pm

I have to share this homemade cheese bread I made for the first time. This was several weeks ago now. I was invited to dinner and wasn't sure what to bring.  

I didn't take a picture of the first step which is roll out the dough into a square. Top with shredded cheese, I drizzled a mixture of olive oil minced garlic and oregano, then you roll it up jelly roll style. I used my marble cutting board for the size. There was a little dough left over after I evened out the square, I put that in a muffin tin and made croutons.

Once rolled, you cut it in half, like this. It spreads open, and you braid it. The recipe was for two breads in regular loaf pans but I used the whole recipe for one big bread.
Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 20190513

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 20190511

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 20190510

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 Cheesebread600x700-12B

https://www.seasonsandsuppers.ca/soft-cheese-bread-recipe/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:41 pm

I am ready for Christmas Eve! This is a big night for us as we have a feast of fish vegetables and endless other dishes.

I made a Pizza Bread. When I discovered this recipe a few years ago I made it quite often. I forgot all about it the last year or two, and came across it in my recipe's. I made the dough as well!

You can put whatever you want in it. This time I used, shredded three cheeses, roasted red peppers, and kalamata olives since it's no meat tomorrow.

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 Monkey11

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 Monkey10

If you don't like anchovies, don't read any further. Smiley

Anchovy fritters!! Homemade dough!

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 Anchov10

Tip: I love to cook and bake, I really do not like the smell of food or baking when I'm done. I know, very strange. Smiley

Especially when cooking fish or foods with strong smells. Once I'm done, and have cleaned up, I fill the sink with hot water, dishsoap and bleach. I leave a window open above the sink and let it sit overnight. It takes the smell away completely.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:17 pm

@GuardianAngel Can you squeeze in another guest tonight? laugh out loud Looks delish! I love to cook too at the expense of housework, laundry and weeding the ever-increasing mess outside!

I just put Pork Posole in the slow cooker for tonight, made 3 types of Christmas cookies yesterday and am getting ready to make cinnamon rolls for tomorrow's breakfast! On Boxing Day (the 26th), am hosting 20 for brunch! So I have to get the house spruced up!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:31 pm

@Norcalgal I had to google Pork Posole, omg sounds delicious! You've been busy! Boxing Day brunch sounds fun.

I made those two dishes yesterday so today I can get my house in order for xmas day and goof off for a bit before I leave later. So far all I've done is goof off and haven't started cleaning. laugh out loud Although now thanks to my son I'm on the look out for the UPS guy! He better get here before I need to leave this afternoon!

I need to decide what is the stretchiest most comfortable outfit to wear because there will be an insane amount of food tonight! laugh out loud

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:54 pm

I have made these many times and while trying to decide what meal to put together for my mother's upcoming birthday I decided this will be it. It's so easy and they are always delicious. I have never broiled them at the end but maybe I'll try it.

Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs easy and absolutely DELICIOUS! Fall-off-the-bone tender ribs finished off in the oven to create the best, barbecue sticky glaze and caramelised edges! The 4-ingredient marinade is the hands down the best marinade smothered on ribs.

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 Slow-Cooker-Ribs-IMAGE-1-640x1024
https://cafedelites.com/slow-cooker-barbecue-ribs/

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:24 pm

I did end up making those ribs a few weeks ago  but I didn't roast them at the end. They were crisping up around the edges on their own.

When the bread shelves are sparse, make your own! Topped with grated marble cheese and oregano.

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 20200310

Flat bread

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 20200311

The story behind this salad is I had lots of lettuce but ran out of cucumber and tomatoes last week. They were really pricey in the store so I didn't buy any. I tried to figure out what to add to make a salad, and decided to cut up some oranges apples with a light oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. I loved it, so now it's my favourite.

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 20200312

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Comfort food.

Tuna casserole.

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 20200410

Banana bread with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 20200412

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 20200411

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:23 pm

I have not tried this but it looks super easy. I have all ingredients except the crust otherwise I'd be making this right now. laugh out loud I don't have Graham cracker crumbs, a frozen pie shell (used them for quiche a couple of weeks ago) no crisco to make a home made crust. :headbanging

https://twitter.com/POPSUGAR

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:22 pm

One bushel 11 jars. Usually I get 12-13 jars out of a bushel but I had a problem with my machine. Luckily it was right at the end! Basil from my mother's garden. Is anyone canning and if so what are you canning? I use to can so much but haven't done so in a few years other than tomatoes.

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 20200910

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 20200911

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes - Page 7 20200912

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:36 pm

Amazing, GA! Home-canned sauce is among the very best. beatingheart
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:15 pm

@GuardianAngel I had a big crop of tomatoes a year ago and made canned tomato sauce. Only got 2 quarts! vowed never again!

I usually make jam with fruit from our orchard - cherry is my favorite or peach. One year I made plum chutney with apples and plums from the trees. It has to be cold for the fruit trees to produce well and this past winter we either didn't have enough frost days or the drought meant the crop was very light. I was all geared up to make peach jam (my peaches are a mere 3 inches in diameter so it's lots of work) and went to pick them and discovered nary a peach was on the tree. Racoons!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Food - Recipes - Slow Cookers - Baking - Favourite Dishes

+16
Newto
ddsmom17
SLA44
Linds911
BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure