SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:02 pm

Me either mindless. He has a very soft approach, more sensible and understanding when compared to Ryan who was quick to fly off the handle.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by jlccaz Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:44 pm

mindless wrote:I don't think it's fair to say David has a domestic violence history. He wasn't charged with domestic violence, he was charged with disorderly conduct. That means he didn't pose an actual threat to anyone. Most likely he had some drunken row at home with his girlfriend and they ordered him to take some domestic violence classes. I've seen no sign of him having a temper, unlike Ryan D.

Fair enough. Here's what it said:

C00149438 1 DISORDERLY CONDUCT-DISTURBANCE 10/2/2007 PLEA GUILTY/RESP SENT IMPOSED
C00149438 2 CRIMINAL DAMAGE DEFACE 10/2/2007 COMPL DISMISSED BY CTY ATTY

Whoever the defendant was, he was also ordered to pay restitution over a period of many months, and seemingly missed some payments before resolving it completely, so appears there was physical property damage. No indication that a human being was physically hurt, for sure.

Same birth month/year, same middle initial, same geography aligning with known residences at known time periods, and no file activity between 2008 and the wedding date? It's a bit hard to dismiss for me.

It's not like one might not overlook this and much more in choosing to marry someone the normal way. But for experts to blind match a total stranger with someone with this record would be a complicating factor to say the least in building trust or affection within six weeks. That's fair to say, right? And I think the producers/editors hinted at such a character trait in choosing to air the Father's Day Angry Outburst. My opinions.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:13 pm

Oh I definitely think they should do proper background checks before matching and dismiss everyone with a criminal record. No doubt about that. It's ridiculous that they're still going through criminal records just days before the wedding. But I don't think Ashley knew, and if she did and still married him, then that's on her. Maybe David told her while they were in Arizona of all places for their honeymoon, but if he didn't then I can't really justify her lack of trying with this info. It was 8 years ago, she probably didn't even know and she's been saying he's a nice person for most of the experiment. She was so scared of hurting his feelings she couldn't even tell him what the problem was. After seeing her reaction to the text gate, I highly doubt she would've held anything back if she'd known about this.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:29 pm

Thanks jlccaz, for all the info. What does "COMPL DISMISSED BY CTY ATTY " mean?

IA with mindless, I don't think Ashley knew about it. I don't think the so called experts would have told her prior to getting married, and if she did know, then she either was going to give him the benefit of the doubt, which I don't think she would have, or she would have walked away.

I looked back at Season 2 threads and it appears the final reveal epi was around June 16th. Are we saying by that time the three couples were chosen, two couples married, with one couple maybe bolting and replaced by Neil and Sam, who got married later?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:00 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Thanks jlccaz, for all the info. What does "COMPL DISMISSED BY CTY ATTY " mean?

IA with mindless, I don't think Ashley knew about it. I don't think the so called experts would have told her prior to getting married, and if she did know, then she either was going to give him the benefit of the doubt, which I don't think she would have, or she would have walked away.

I looked back at Season 2 threads and it appears the final reveal epi was around June 16th. Are we saying by that time the three couples were chosen, two couples married, with one couple maybe bolting and replaced by Neil and Sam, who got married later?

This Arizona defendant was charged with two crimes, and entered into a plea agreement where he pled guilty to the disorderly conduct charge, and agreed to  no jail sentence (but pay restitution and attend domestic violence counseling), in exchange for the prosecutor (city attorney) dropping (dismissing) the second charge, which is how I read that entry.  Speculation based upon professional take.

Whatever happened, the judge made this defendant whoever he is attend domestic violence counseling (suggesting he had a personal relationship with the property owner, charging party aka "victim"), and pay restitution (suggesting there was undisputed property damage -- defacing?? -- that needed to be repaid as part of his plea deal).  Very typical outcome.

Two couples were married June 4-5-6 time frame, and maybe this third who backed out of the project.  Sam and Neil were married June 28 or something like that, which has been confirmed -- and remember the fireworks at end of their honeymoon, and they do a BBQ that isn't July 4 party like the others.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:08 am

I give up. David seems to have anger management problems. Ashley is, at best, disingenuous about knowing the woman David (stupidly, albeit probably with all good intent) contacted. Someone takes the time to send a screen dump (not retweet or url) of comms between David and The Mystery Woman. This story is disintegrating into something that makes Jamie Otis look calm and collected, and Scott and Davina (sp???) almost look rational.

Once again, the screening process seems to be very selective about what does and doesn't constitute a red flag. Regardless of what happened, anything bigger than a speeding ticket should be a red flag. "Nice person, but they heaved a TV out the window - PASS!" Did Kinetic learn nothing about added screening diligence from Ryan D??? no no

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Location : The marshals at Witness Relocation said leave this blank ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:46 am

So confused as to why these two were even chosen. no no
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:01 am

David, his possible misdemeanor record aside, seems to be a fundamentally decent person. As I said above, if the charges are substantiated, then he should have been rejected, seemingly nice guy or not, unless compelling evidence to show he'd "cleaned up his act", as it were, could be found.

If Ashley found out David was abusive, OK, maybe she recognized she had to ride out the remaining time and hope for the best. However, I think the answer is simpler: she doesn't want to be married to David. She has shown almost no real effort to connect with him (one notable exception being David's Father's Day outburst). Her behavior at the 4th July party ("I felt like a guest, not a wife") doesn't sound like someone only riding it out. It sounds more like a complaint about how she feels in her marriage.

I do not want to be an apologist for David. He clearly has brought some problems and issues along. But Ashley seems, at least in what's been aired, almost totally ...what word fits better?... divorced from the marriage. And this while proclaiming she's trying hard. It simply doesn't add up.

The train has wrecked, and all that's left is to watch the debris fall out of the sky.

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:42 am

This is going to sound pretty cynical, but what if they were mismatched on purpose for ratings? There was a tweet from one of Ashley's friends (sorry, I don't care enough to go find it) that said that Ashley's friends including herself, filled out the required release forms to attend the 4th of July party filming, but none were approved. Only David's friends were. Sounds like the producers thought they'd get more drama out of Ashley that way (or a scripted storyline). I feel like the entire show and cast can't be trusted. Who's getting paid to stay married? I believe Cortney, but who knows who is just staying together for the ongoing paycheck of promoting the show and/or "starring" in the spin-offs. jmo.

Jllccaz- Is it possible to request the name of the person that requested the David T. Norton criminal records?

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:17 am

All things are possible, but I doubt it. When in doubt, go for the easy answer.

SomeGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:42 am

Jillian Marie
‏@sweetsassyjilly  
Ohhh sh*t @Ashley_MAFS friends didn't show up. Hmm #MarriedAtFirstSight #MAFS

Ashley Doherty ‏@Ashley_MAFS  · Feb 2  

Ashley Doherty Retweeted Jillian Marie

I guess my friends didn't make the cut.  MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 20 1f61e

When she tweeted this I thought they were edited out. It sounded like to me they were there. Now that I read grace's post, maybe she's being sarcastic without going into detail.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:52 am

SomeGuy wrote:All things are possible, but I doubt it. When in doubt, go for the easy answer.

Who's easy answer? Yours? The show exist for ratings. After season 2, nothing would surprise me.

I'll look for her friend's tweet GA.

Last edited by grace8136 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+64
junhanso
michelle1109
cindebugg
snglrose
sun20j2001