SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

Page 21 of 51 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 36 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Mon May 30, 2016 12:41 am

That was the first controversial season. Many swore you could tell that they reshoot the FRC to let Jen "pick" no one. I always believed she chose Jerry and quickly changed her mind because he was just not rich enough for her. There were differences in the back fat above her dress where it changed fairly obviously. Still not sure she was a feminist heroine for being a shallow money loving witch but Brad was horrible to not lead DeAnna or Jen y on. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Mon May 30, 2016 2:07 pm

I was really into JohnPaul on Jen's season and he finished F2. Wonder what ever happened to him? He certainly had the background to compete with the ghost of Andrew Firestone!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon May 30, 2016 2:22 pm

I don't think it was reshot to change the ending but even if it was, she was dating her boss when she went on her show so doubt she was ever going to be with either guy. I went into that season really liking Jen but she lost me about 3/4 through. Everyone talks about DeAnna and later being "all about me" but Jen was the archetype for that kind of lead. Remember her making fun of Ryan's parents' trip to Thailand? And then there was her crying because it was so hard on her.

For me the guys, especially Jerry, made the season. I'm so happy that he found love on his own. Jen seems to have grown up finally and has a nice family of her own so all's well now. All the above is JMO.

Last edited by albean99 on Mon May 30, 2016 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Mon May 30, 2016 3:01 pm

Jen was a horrible lead. She wasn't into any of the guys and basically just brought John Paul to the end because he was rich and Jerry to the end because he was hot. She wasn't going to date/marry either of them and she knew it the entire time. It was so phoned in, it wasn't even funny.

I was actually trying to remember who was the lead who mocked one of the guys despite that guy being nothing but nice, and it was Jen!

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon May 30, 2016 3:14 pm

There was a reason she was known as SWSNBN.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon May 30, 2016 3:18 pm

Someone remind me, what does SWSNBN stand for?

I don't understand why she ever came back. She left so loved as Andrew Firestone's F1. And if rumors are correct, she was seeing someone IRL the entire time she was the 'ette. It's not like she ever tried to become famous outside of her 2 stints on this show, right? So it's not like she was using it for some career move? Correct me if I'm wrong.

That being said, I don't hate her for not picking anyone, just like I don't fault Brad 1.0. Jen is just all kinds of meh to me. She basically killed The Bachelorette and put it in a 3 year hiatus. So glad they gave that part of the franchise a second chance.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon May 30, 2016 3:25 pm

She who shall not be named.
She came back because she was asked and paid for it.
Things were much more scripted in those days: example Jesse Palmer. PLo. Travis Stork. Blob.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Kashathediva wrote:She who shall not be named.
Things were much more scripted in those days: example Jesse Palmer. PLo. Travis Stork. Blob.

:yes: I thought those seasons were far more scripted, acted and less genuine than todays, IMO. There was a chunk in there I just couldn't watch and then I got pulled back in once the recycling started and the leads were (usually) fan faves I had some investment in, instead of hired "titles" like Dr. or Prince etc. I much prefer the newer model - and it's lead to a lot more successful couples too. yes yes to TPTB for reviving the series and maintaing it so well since.

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon May 30, 2016 6:05 pm

relaxing wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:She who shall not be named.

:yes:  I thought those seasons were far more scripted, acted and less genuine than todays, IMO.  There was a chunk in there I just couldn't watch and then I got pulled back in once the recycling started and the leads were (usually) fan faves I had some investment in, instead of hired "titles" like Dr. or Prince etc.  I much prefer the newer model - and it's lead to a lot more successful couples too. yes yes  to TPTB for reviving the series and maintaing it so well since.

I agree, relaxing! I prefer the "new school" model.

SWSNBN laugh out loud So Jen=Voldemort, nice.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Mon May 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Norcalgal wrote:I was really into JohnPaul on Jen's season and he finished F2. Wonder what ever happened to him...
photo from @jpmerritt8879 (twitter)

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 21 9ldvda10

linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnpaulmerritt

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon May 30, 2016 9:58 pm

Thanks Jenn - who knew he had 3 kids already!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon May 30, 2016 10:00 pm

Another happy outcome after Jen's disaster of a season. He has a cute family. :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 51 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 36 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

+97
4merBachAddict
alwayscooking
Astrobach
pikake
Dutchy23