SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

Page 36 of 51 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 43 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by albean99 Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:43 am

I just heard Bob on Ben & Ashley's podcast. He sounds really happy about his wife and the baby. He joked that he & Andrew Firestone say that they were Bachelors before abs and before themes for the seasons. I really liked him on Trista's season but he let it go to his head like a lot of Bachelors, imo. He seems pretty down to earth these days. He was joking that his Bachelorette season was in 1974 and his season was 1975 when Ben asked how long ago it was. I can't believe it was 15 years ago!

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by Mommyof2 Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:49 am

Wow. Bob is going to be a first time father at age 47? Take those vitamins, exercise and eat healthy. Take it from me, it isn't easy to be a older parent.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:49 pm

You look like a teen, mommyof2! I became amom at 44.... Sure wish I'd been taking whatever vitamins you were taking!!
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:55 pm

These folks are powerhouses:

https://www.refinery29.com/2018/06/201094/instagram-reality-star-influencer-income

Such a fascinating topic and part of our culture imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:28 pm

@Alanna thanks for posting.

I would take that job in a NY minute! dizzy

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:41 pm

I don’t follow other reality shows, so I wonder if casts from other shows are also influencers and make 6 figures?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:03 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@Alanna thanks for posting.

I would take that job in a NY minute! dizzy

yes  great article.
I’d love the income but posing and selling product wouldn’t do it for me. I guess I’m old school in that although I’ve switched careers, I’ve always been dedicated to my job because it comes with feelings of fulfillment, accomplishment, and growth. It’s something I need to feel my best and that wouldn’t come (for me)  from likes on IG.
I don’t mind someone like Sharleen who initially needed outside income because opera parts are hard to come by. Shilling allowed her to subsist in between casting calls and performances while pursuing her real passion even though she has never been able to really break into the opera world in a sustainable way. At least she still gets parts from time to time and shilling is more pleasant than being a waitress or some such. Plus she puts a lot of visible effort into her multiple platform recapping, which I believe is a true talent of hers, so she isn’t a one trick pony.

Regardless, I think the lure of being part of the franchise alumni millionaire club (many post tagged pics and IG story ads several times a week unlike the article looking at 7-8 times a month) certainly speaks to motivation for being on the show; particularly women since they are selling product women want so are more in demand by brands.
It is what it is and reveals a type.

@sdmom Peta (DWTS) is a social influencer as well as on a reality tv show. One of many examples no doubt. She kinda blurs the line because she is a regular but there are similarities.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:25 pm

I saw an old episode of Frasier (I think it was season one or two, 1993-1994, something like that) where Frasier got offered to endorse products or businesses on his radio show. At first he declined because he didn't want to compromise his integrity as an psychiatrist. But then he saw that it paid a lot and decided to only run the ads where he has tried the products and actually likes them. At the end he said 'No' to a tv commercial that was offensive to him.
I thought it was very interesting , given that this was more than 25 years ago. Of course, the media is completely different today and so are the dynamics, but it's the same question of integrity.

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:46 pm

yana_bach wrote:I saw an old episode of Frasier (I think it was season one or two, 1993-1994, something like that) where Frasier got offered to endorse products or businesses on his radio show. At first he declined because he didn't want to compromise his integrity as an psychiatrist. But then he saw that it paid a lot and decided to only run the ads where he has tried the products and actually likes them. At the end he said 'No' to a tv commercial that was offensive to him.
I thought it was very interesting , given that this was more than 25 years ago. Of course, the media is completely different today and so are the dynamics, but it's the same question of integrity.

yes  that’s a great example.
I think it also speaks to the degree of value one places on money as compared to other things. As you pointed out, it may be where each person stands on a continuum. Perhaps integrity is at one end and greed on the other. Supplemental income within parameters vs multiple ads of whatever per week. Weighing opportunities vs the impulse to get rich quick. It’s another example of it’s not what a person does, it’s how a person does it that delineates one’s character from another’s based on what point of the continuum they ultimately stand.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:56 am

Billysmom wrote:You look like a teen, mommyof2!  I became amom at 44.... Sure wish I'd been taking whatever vitamins you were taking!!

Thanks for the compliment, @Billysmom. I certainly don't feel like a teen! laugh out loud I never know if it is just growing older or having autoimmune hypothyroidism. *le sigh*
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:58 am

That’s a lot of money! I tend to skip over the shilling posts but I'm not their prime target. I checked out some of my favorite bloggers and they don’t have nearly the followers the Bach alumni do, even Shay Shull, Sean Lowe’s sister. They mostly do clothes/jewelry/makeup/skincare but also things like groceries online and then pick up at the store before I had even heard of it. I'm sure they’re doing pretty well and the blog ads bring in money also. It’s a nice job if you can get it. Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 36 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:33 pm

I just saw a thread on reddit about Juelia Kinney getting engaged to Evan's brother...

The 2 met last year at Evan and Carly's wedding and started dating not long after. And, after looking at Juelia's twitter feed, it appears she moved to Nashville with her daughter. I'm guessing that is where Aaron lives.

I only know her from MBC (she was on with JJ) but after the way he treated her, I am so glad that she has found someone that loves her and her little girl.

Bachelor Nation does it again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 51 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 43 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

+97
4merBachAddict
alwayscooking
Astrobach
pikake
Dutchy23