SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

Page 24 of 51 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by Miyala Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:33 pm

I would also say Ben H.

Miyala

Female Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:19 am

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, so feel free to remove. Here goes

Don't you guys feel like the seasons in the last couple of years have been quite boring and uneventful? I mean, before there was Brad chosing noone, Jason changing his mind, Rozlyn and the "staffer", Courtney being Courtney and "winning". Even the villains have been quite lackluster (Olivia, really? She wasn't even that bad, Tiera was just a weird chick, and Kelsey? You're pretty weak on your villain game if you have the uptight and emotional girl as your villain). And even if you're a villain but get cut a couple episodes in (chad), does it matter how terrible you were, you're irrelevant.
The only scandalous things i can think of recently is JP not proposing and Kaitlyn sleeping with Nick, but still tame i think.

Maybe it's just me and i'm getting bored. That's why i've decided to watch Nick's season unspoiled, maybe he won't disappoint me  Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 24 1f603

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:52 am

I think long time followers of the franchise have become desensitized with the show with time. I know this is true in my case.
It seems the show is more formulaic, but the bottom line is ratings=money and if the formula works why change it from the POV of TPTB?
I do find it interesting that the things you mentioned above causing increased interest were those most real and spontaneous that TPTB could not really control. Loose cannon events.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:14 am

@yana_bach and @kash I agree. I am loving that I was unspoiled with the canadian season now I am trying my best to see who wins. I find it now most interesting. Now I am hoping to do the same with Nick just enjoy it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:43 am

Kashathediva wrote:I think long time followers of the franchise have become desensitized with the show with time. I know this is true in my case.
It seems the show is more formulaic, but the bottom line is ratings=money and if the formula works why change it from the POV of TPTB?
I do find it interesting that the things you mentioned above causing increased interest were those most real and spontaneous that TPTB could not really control. Loose cannon events.

Absolutely! The reality is they can edit and manipulate only that much, but when something really big falls into their lap, it's just plain luck.

Maybe I'm being cynical. Let's see if Nick brings it and restores my faith in this show Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Well, with that spontanaiety came some negative fallout from TPTB.
MHO is that one of the reasons Nick was chosen was he would play ball better with TPTB than other choices. Again JMOAA.
So IMO, I would not put an undue amount of pressure on Nick pulling too much out of the spontanaiety hat. He's spontaneous, but hopefully not stupid.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:40 pm

I will say that watching the Bachelorette Canada without spoilers has made it so much more interesting. I don't care enough about Nick to sleuth his season so will try to remain unspoiled for as long as I can.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:12 am

IIRC, the story is that Jason Mesnick was "told" to pick Melissa Rycroft by TPTB. He played the game for so long and then realized what a terrible mistake he made, and he paid for it big time.

I am also tired of the "formula." I am reading very little about Nick's season; the premiere is not until January and IMHO if we read and speculate too much there will be less reason to watch the season. This is not a criticism of all the sleuthing here by any means, just a choice I've made to see if it will make any difference in my viewing experience.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:13 am

I don't mind the formula, actually I love it.  But I'm so tired of the people they cast on the show and/or how they portray them.  On the Canadian and Aussie versions the majority of the cast are shown as nice, kind, classy people you can root for, same with the lead.  It makes a great viewing experience where really the premise holds - out of several good options who did the lead fall for most?

To me the US show now casts unlikable people or edits top finishers and lead to look as bad as possible.  Takes the fun out. Not many to root for.  JMO. I like watching the international seasons so much more now. They keep up the illusion of the premise IMO.

And I agree with Kasha above that Nick was cast because he'll play ball.  I personally expect the most scripted season yet as Nick loves to make "good tv".  I'm the least interested in this season as I've ever been of the OG version.  Luckily Canada and Aus are filling the void for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:31 pm

Looks like another contestant is getting married.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/home-page-blog/bachelor-alum-ashlee-frazier-i-62001.aspx

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 24 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:00 am

Reid Rosenthal is engaged! The proposal photos are really funny, and quirky, just like Reid. One of them is taken in their local CVS, not sure if they are public or not as I'm friends with Reid. Another one bites the dust. Congrats Reid and Brooke!

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 24 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:05 am

Where are the pictures?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 51 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

+97
4merBachAddict
alwayscooking
Astrobach
pikake
Dutchy23