SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

Page 44 of 51 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 47 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by Tiggerlgh Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:24 am

@suzq they expect summer games to have lower viewership due to it Being on during the Olympics.  It’s why they do it.  They need something and this is cheap to create. Imo.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by suzq Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:59 am

@Tiggerlgh I am sure that is true. I am sure that it will do okay ratings wise and be cheap to produce. It's still a lot to watch, though. I am sure that it will create some continuing storylines from Summer Games to BIP. I may also get tired of some of the contestants really quickly, too. I am not finding many from this season that I want on my TV screen that much.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:43 am

@suzq

I think the only difference in the scheduling is adding 4 or 5 episodes of summer games during the 2 week period of the Olympics.  The bachelorette will probably still run as it always does with BIP following in the same time slot during August/September until the fall TV season premieres start.  I really don't think summer games and BIP will air at the same time. The Olympics will be over before BIP would even start airing since it might overlap with a couple of episodes of the bachelorette season.  Winter games aired at the same time as the bachelor season that year.  Bachelor on Monday nights, WG on Tuesday/Thursday for those 2 weeks.  Then it was back to normal.

Summer games is just a fill in for 2 weeks while the Olympics is on to hopefully pull some viewers in that aren't interested in the Olympics.  They must have had enough viewership during Winter Games airing to try it this summer.

As for the music show... not even interested.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:53 am

@HavaDrPepper. Good explanation of timeline.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:55 am

I wouldn't be surprised if some from the music show end up being on Summer Games and/or BIP. They will technically be considered Bach alum.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:58 am

Has the music show already been filmed?

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:08 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:BIP usually starts filming beginning of June. RS is saying they would start filming summer games in May.

Depending on who gets what edit, I can see some going from one to the other as late arrivals depending on the timing.

There is a very small window for filming summer games.  Isn't there usually less than a month between the end of filming the 'ette and BIP starting?  Both Hannah and Becca's seasons had FRC around May 10th.  I remember sleuthing IG profiles for the BIP following Becca's season and those individuals on the show went dark around June 4/5/6 so not quite a month between the end of one/beginning of the other.  And, those that were on BIP the whole time didn't come back on IG until about June 24/25/26.

So CH is going to be a very busy boy in the month of May and June this year.  Guess TPTB came up with these shows to help out poor CH since he no longer has the Millionaire gig.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:28 am

May be in the minority but I loved Winter Games.  The short format was easily digestible and watching the different dating approaches of the International contestants was really interesting.  I also learned many valuable life lessons such as, never miss a Jacuzzi appointment with a German.

For Summer Games I'd like to see them invite more Internationals, and provide translators for the non-English speakers; last time I felt they were ostracised and not given a chance to shine (e.g. China).  Would also love to see more cross-cultural couples.  I don't even care about the sports aspect TBH.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchy23 Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:13 pm

Bobette wrote:May be in the minority but I loved Winter Games.  The short format was easily digestible and watching the different dating approaches of the International contestants was really interesting.  I also learned many valuable life lessons such as, never miss a Jacuzzi appointment with a German.

For Summer Games I'd like to see them invite more Internationals, and provide translators for the non-English speakers; last time I felt they were ostracised and not given a chance to shine (e.g. China).  Would also love to see more cross-cultural couples.  I don't even care about the sports aspect TBH.  laugh out loud

I liked Winter Games too. They should however invite people who do speak English. Wonder if Tyler will be invited.

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion - Page 44 Hollan11
Dutchy23
Dutchy23

Female Posts : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:17 am

Didn't look to see if anyone mentioned this upthread, but Chelsea, F2 in Matt Grant season, did RS podcast. As that was the first season where Online Me was pulled into the actual production world and cast, I confess I listened. She has progressed impressively in her career as a Pharma rep. She's smart, accomplished, and Pre-Influencer.

If you watched S12 and have a passing interest as I did, I can can spare you a listen.
1. At her HT, she learned from her mother that Shayne was daughter of Lamas, etc. Until then she had little or no contact with her. After that she and Amanda started to realize she was there to play a part, advance her career, date Matt as needed after the show, etc.
2. Chelsea's Fantasy Suite edit where she was portrayed as distant (even when production left) was explained. Shayne was in the room directly below her. Her overnight with Matt was before Chelsea's. When Shayne returned, and filled in her producer, she was on the balcony having a cigarette and Chelsea got the complete blow by blow. It understandably freaked her out, and she had no sense of privacy and was weirded out the whole time she was with Matt.
3. Matt spent the night before the rose ceremony trashing Shayne - telling the various anecdotes of her thinking there would be palm trees in London, and squealing with delight (without irony) at The White House (Buckingham Palace) where the "President" (Queen of England) lived. So Chelsea went into the FRC certain that she would be picked - how could he pick the person who he'd mocked the whole night. But Chelsea had made it very clear to production she would not accept an engagement, and Matt - badly wanting connections and a career in LA (which we'd all sleuthed) was a "good boy" and picked the Actress who would Play the Part, and ended up tending bar in Santa Monica or Venice Beach before packing it in, and going back to a happy life in London.

This was the High Water Mark for phony. The show improved steadily, after Jason dumped Melissa, and the ATFR aired as raw (if highly produced) theater of real emotions, rather than a produced "Happy Couple."

The internet broke Fleiss' original model - and it's been interesting over those 10+ years to see the show gain a following by leaning into the outside realities.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:49 pm

@jlccaz Thanks for the details. That was a weird season for sure.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:03 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/B71ixtVH7_H/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 51 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 47 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Franchise - Random Sleuthing - Discussion

+97
4merBachAddict
alwayscooking
Astrobach
pikake
Dutchy23