SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #5

Page 47 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nomnomnom - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #5 - Page 47 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #5

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:16 am

Good question. Who would buy her book, who would page through it if they saw it, who would roll their eyes and walk away if they saw it?

Me: Rolling Eyes - walk away

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

nomnomnom - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #5 - Page 47 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #5

Post by Beach Lover Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:22 pm

Based on her 1800+ comments on her IG post it looks like quite a few want in on the dirt. I don't think the majority of the book will be about JPG but it is very weird how the description focuses so much on him.  

Did anyone listen to her on the Huff Post podcast last week?
https://soundcloud.com/here-to-make-friends/bachelor-s20e8-with-andi-dorfman

She said it's very real what she wrote in her book, no sugarcoating or making herself look better and someone else look bad (impossible for her to do IMO). Just her version of what happened in a break up and her outlook on how to get over that breakup (which apparently includes some rage and burning things in a fireplace. Hmmm.. I wonder what? A certain baseball card perhaps.)  So it seems like Josh should be a fairly large focus but yet she barely acknowledges now that he existed or that she had a relationship with him.

She said there is definitely juice in the book since it wouldn't be true or fun without it and also that we'd be surprised with some explanations she never got to say on live TV (??) .  Hmmm.. about what and whom? Her emotional sit down with CH was not live TV, but her ATFR was!

She also said the Janner wedding was a real sh** show!! Sounds like she was on the half of the room with the "old" people vs. the crazy BIP gang. Was that becasue she was sticking close to her "old" date? Rolling Eyes
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Mustang19 wrote:Oh brother. I find it a little (can't think of a good description) offensive that people will really know what heartbreak is after reading her book. I thought for a minute the statement that people will really know what heartbreak is after reading her book was probably written for the article, but it's in quotes. Tell the husband who lost his wife to brain cancer to read her book if he really wants to know what heartbreak is. She is pathetic.

Thank you! Not to discount anyone else's pain but as a widow of a cancer situation, it sort of took my breath when I read the description.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:08 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. It sort of shocked me too. And I don't discount anyone else's pain either; breakups are heartbreaking, but she makes it seem like that is the worst. I lost a granddaughter, so I am a little touchy by her remark (and offended).
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Mustang19 wrote:I'm sorry for your loss. It sort of shocked me too. And I don't discount anyone else's pain either; breakups are heartbreaking, but she makes it seem like that is the worst. I lost a granddaughter, so I am a little touchy by her remark (and offended).

Sorry for your loss Mustang, but in Andi's defense IMO she is only talking about the heartbreak of breaking up with someone you love dearly. I am sure she did mean to offend those who have lost a loved one who has passed away.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:05 pm

That's the problem though, she does not think period. IMOAA

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:29 pm

nannymargie wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:I'm sorry for your loss. It sort of shocked me too. And I don't discount anyone else's pain either; breakups are heartbreaking, but she makes it seem like that is the worst. I lost a granddaughter, so I am a little touchy by her remark (and offended).

Sorry for your loss Mustang, but in Andi's defense IMO she is only talking about the heartbreak of breaking up with someone you love dearly.  I am sure she did mean to offend those who have lost a loved one who has passed away.
IMO Andi never truly loved Josh and I do not think the breakup was so hard on her. She IMO just wants so badly to stay relevant she will say and do anything . She is still MeAndi and that is all she has ever cared about. If she truly cared about losing someone than she should of shown more empathy for Eric RIP. But when they did the short special on Eric it was still all about Andi. She just still is a selfish B living off others . JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:45 pm

I'm sorry - and I don't mean to be insensitive, but this is a book about heartbreak after dating/engagement. I obviously haven't read the book yet, but I will be curious to see if she compares her heartbreak to others who have lost obviously bigger heartbreaks as in losing loved ones to disease or accidents. If not, then like many other books, I think it is important to take it for what it is, love gone wrong, nothing less, nothing more. IMHO
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolinagirl1864 Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:22 pm

I will never forget the way she spoke to Eric Hill.She could have handled it like an adult, even if the end result was still sending him home.No,I will not be buying her book.

Carolinagirl1864

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:47 pm

eliza3 wrote:I'm sorry - and I don't mean to be insensitive, but this is a book about heartbreak after  dating/engagement.  I obviously haven't read the book yet, but I will be curious to see if she compares her heartbreak to others who have lost obviously bigger heartbreaks as in losing loved ones to disease or accidents.   If not, then like many other books, I think it is important to take it for what it is, love gone wrong, nothing less, nothing more.   IMHO

I too believe this is a book about her heartbreak after the end of her engagement. I don't think she is referring to anyone else's heartbreak or any other kind of heartbreak, such as a loss of a loved one. However, it is a natural response to think of your own experiences when you read or hear something. So, on the surface, her statement of (don't remember the extact quote) showing people what heartbreak really looks like, someone might say - no, I'll tell you what heartbreak really is - realating it to their own experience whether it be a breakup, loss of a loved one, etc.

And I am going to admit, I can't stand her. For whatever reason (many), she is the one and only contestant from this show that I truly do not like. In all the time since she has been on, she has done nothing to change my opinion of her.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:13 pm

If this book's sole and soul purpose is to address her engagement break up then why have the book's description specifically mention JPG twice? That's confusing, imo.
Equal confusing, if indeed that is the supposed purpose, is the obvious omission in the description of the man in question in the breakup.
Which then leads me to believe what I always thought.
Remember the red carpet dress for the premier that was thrown together on the plane? Slap dash.
This book is simply the slap dash equivalent of that dress. This is simply another slap dash creation by Slap Dash Dorkman. Just like the slap dash blog. Just like the slap dash scarf endorsement. Slap dash Dress Barn endorsement. Slap dash web show. Slap dash law career. Slap dash reality tv star.
This book is simply the next level. It's a slap dash effort simply to keep her name out there and make some money.
Easy come. Easy go. Slap Dash Dorkman.
(All #myopinionasalways)

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:42 am

^^ Slap Dash is a perfect way to describe how she's careening through her life at this point.
Still, assume the publisher's marketing department is the force behind the book's description. The purpose is to sell. The description doesn't even have to correspond with the contents of the book.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #5

+77
landrje
casjacknick
BohemianNika
Ash2214
luvlady345