SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Women Tell All -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 53 of 55 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Women Tell All -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 53 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Women Tell All -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:24 am

charmained wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:I personally don't think it is the comfortability (or lack of) being on TV that made Lauren looks bland to many, it is the "moves" she made over the course that at least keep me wonder, there is something very off with this girl. And I get that some people are just move reserved than others and they may not be able to open up easily, but I seldom see contestants who changed their whole demeanor in maybe 2 episodes.

Take Leslie M on Sean's Season as the examples. She is reserved, she is uncomfortable in front of TV, let alone to open up to say those magic words. She has been consistent during the whole process, she didn't change suddenly from "being realistic and level-headed" to "being so crazily in love because Sean is the best man".

In Lauren B's case, I see a dramatic change of her. If she really is that confident woman who knows her values and being realistic that people say she is, I think we won't see those "I see a life life with you", "I'm terrifiying by the strong feelings I have for you (raised the voice for many pitches), "I can't see myself living without Ben now" (all paraphrasing). This is why I think she is here to win.

I get your point, but don't you think it's possible that she really found true love in Ben? Like how do you even explain something that great happening to you? To me, this girl was changed by something she didn't expect she would find in The Bachelor. There were so many moments where she struggled to believe what was happening before her eyes. And then there was a turning point wherein she let go and started believing that what's unfolding is something real and it's too powerful she can't deny it anymore.

I know that it's hard to believe to find true love in The Bachelor, but maybe she really did find it with Ben. You have to believe to see.

Well, I always believe true love could happen. I believed in Ashley and JP, I believed in Des and Chris since Day 1 even I was spoiled back then!! But I really can't see it with Lauren. Zero. I just see how she tried to be in this to win. The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Women Tell All -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 53 3806527698

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Women Tell All -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 53 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Women Tell All -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by codzombies Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:26 am

I'd say another thing to look at is the change in attitude normally comes after a really good 1-on-1 date. If you look at the way Ben said the first date went and how that was how he "would want the first date with his wife to be" coupled with the fact that they both kept raving on about it for the next two weeks, then I'd say the sudden jump in feelings and attitude wasn't that out of the blue.  

But I mean, to each their own - your opinion is yours and I can respect that. Smiley

Last edited by codzombies on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total

codzombies

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnymicki Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:27 am

peggy0221 wrote:I personally don't think it is the comfortability (or lack of) being on TV that made Lauren looks bland to many, it is the "moves" she made over the course that at least keep me wonder, there is something very off with this girl. And I get that some people are just move reserved than others and they may not be able to open up easily, but I seldom see contestants who changed their whole demeanor in maybe 2 episodes.

Take Leslie M on Sean's Season as the examples. She is reserved, she is uncomfortable in front of TV, let alone to open up to say those magic words. She has been consistent during the whole process, she didn't change suddenly from "being realistic and level-headed" to "being so crazily in love because Sean is the best man".

In Lauren B's case, I see a dramatic change of her. If she really is that confident woman who knows her values and being realistic that people say she is, I think we won't see those "I see a life life with you", "I'm terrifiying by the strong feelings I have for you (raised the voice for many pitches), "I can't see myself living without Ben now" (all paraphrasing). This is why I think she is here to win.

I don't think Lauren's demeanor or her portrayal of her feelings changed that dramatically. I think we've seen her feelings building over the season. She made more than one reference along the lines of "this could be it" and how crazy that sounded all the way back from the first couple of episodes. Even before the hometown dates, she was practically giddy in a ITM saying she is in love with "Ben from Warsaw." And talked about being afraid to open up to him. She did hold back in that sense - now whether it was fear of being hurt or an instinct to let him chase her a bit, i can't say.

Once she did open up, she got validation from Ben, and feeling all those feels in the bachelor bubble I'm sure caused an outpouring of emotion on her part. I don't think there was anything calculated about it though.

I definitely think there have been Bachelor contestants in the F2 or F3 that are playing a game, have ulterior motives, or just want to win, but I wouldn't put Lauren in that group.
sunnymicki
sunnymicki

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:27 am

Even level headed and reserved people can fall completely in love and love to a level they can't imagine a life without that person. Reserved people can and will let go of their reservations. It doesn't mean they're playing games or making moves. Even reserved people have many sides to them, are multilayered.

We accept generally bubblier JoJo when she's vulnerable and reserved, we accept all sides to her. Same way IMO Lauren can have bubblier, bolder and more open side to her. IMO it actually makes sense for initially held back Lauren to open up more and be able to pull her walls down as the show moves forward, as time passes by. That's just normal, IMO.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by allicat Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:30 am

You really think she changed that drastically? IMO I don't think so because throughout she has said she's been skeptical of the process and it working...but something happened that first date to wow both of them and I think it kept getting better each time they talked and were around each other. There's more but that's just the jist of it IMO. To me the more drastic change was Jojo in a way because at the end of the hometown she wanted to open up and stop being guarded and whatnot, then all of the sudden 2-3 days later after not seeing him to being in love with him and i believe Jo also says to Ben or in a voice over in the next episode about not wanting to be without him.

allicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:54 am

I was simply providing one of the many things I see off with Lauren, so that I don't seem to be simply trashy talk her. The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Women Tell All -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 53 3806527698 Some agree, marjority not agree, it's more than okay to me because this is my very own opinions about her, and I am not trying to convince anyone to believe what I see, I was just expressing what I see.

I want to see a true love story too, just like everyone of you, however, I can't force myself to see a "sweet" Lauren who was changed by Ben's love, while I really can't see that in her.

Back to top Go down

Post by viola-b Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:09 am

emusha wrote:hm interesting. I don't feel like i got to know any of these people well other than jubilee and even her it was just the beginning. it's fascinating to see that some felt like they got to know some of the women pretty well.

I wonder if we might be able to list the things we do know about the F2 + F1.It may be that i'm a bit out of the loop....

Jojo -- had a boyfriend till recently, he had her as a 2nd girl while dating another and now after her being on the show is chasing her, this makes her afraid of falling in love again, she does real estate, her family is very well off, her brothers are overprotective, she has a fun and spunky dallas social life though she thinks the guys there aren't great, close with her mom, has a christian foundation,  

Lauren -- had a boyfriend till 6 months ago, she usually falls in love quickly and it's not worked out in her favor in the past, has a family that's very close and strong in their religion, she is a flight attendant but lives in LA, she has a fun and full social life in LA with what seems to be a set of loyal girlfriends, she likes animals, had a dog, likes to party and drink socially, enjoys travel

written out in this way the things we know about them seem pretty even, no? I do think 100% jojo is more able to be raw and vulnerable while lauren is reserved and introverted. I think that's what influences how/whether ppl feel like they know them rather than the actual things we do know about them. For instance, if Lauren talked about her ex-boyfriend and that relationship on the show (which i do think she did but it wasn't aired) ppl might feel they know her better. Social media behavior is also unique to each person.

In any case -- I do think diff personalities "take to" tv differently e.g. think about kipton and jillian ...completely different in how they come across on our tvs and this is after years of being personalities on multiple bachelor shows.

The quieter characters actually rarely ever make the big splash we think they might e.g. think about if lauren's easy to fall in love story was exaggerated at every turn...

However, being quiet doesn't make you relatable. I totally relate to jojo better than I do Lauren -- I don't think that points to either of them being too controlled and not wanting to share things about themselves. I think it's just the diff in their personalities imho

I relate to Lauren more than Jojo because Lauren is quiet, and I am more reserved as well. There have been times when Jojo has seemed too changed/in it to win to me, and I think it's maybe because of my own bias/opposite personality that I feel that way. Lauren, to me, has come across as someone who keeps her cards close to her heart, but as her feelings for Ben grew and her time on the bachelor became more stressful, her guard wore down as well, and we saw more of her emotional side.

viola-b

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle1 Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:34 am

viola-b wrote:
emusha wrote:hm interesting. I don't feel like i got to know any of these people well other than jubilee and even her it was just the beginning. it's fascinating to see that some felt like they got to know some of the women pretty well.

I wonder if we might be able to list the things we do know about the F2 + F1.It may be that i'm a bit out of the loop....

Jojo -- had a boyfriend till recently, he had her as a 2nd girl while dating another and now after her being on the show is chasing her, this makes her afraid of falling in love again, she does real estate, her family is very well off, her brothers are overprotective, she has a fun and spunky dallas social life though she thinks the guys there aren't great, close with her mom, has a christian foundation,  

Lauren -- had a boyfriend till 6 months ago, she usually falls in love quickly and it's not worked out in her favor in the past, has a family that's very close and strong in their religion, she is a flight attendant but lives in LA, she has a fun and full social life in LA with what seems to be a set of loyal girlfriends, she likes animals, had a dog, likes to party and drink socially, enjoys travel

written out in this way the things we know about them seem pretty even, no? I do think 100% jojo is more able to be raw and vulnerable while lauren is reserved and introverted. I think that's what influences how/whether ppl feel like they know them rather than the actual things we do know about them. For instance, if Lauren talked about her ex-boyfriend and that relationship on the show (which i do think she did but it wasn't aired) ppl might feel they know her better. Social media behavior is also unique to each person.

In any case -- I do think diff personalities "take to" tv differently e.g. think about kipton and jillian ...completely different in how they come across on our tvs and this is after years of being personalities on multiple bachelor shows.

The quieter characters actually rarely ever make the big splash we think they might e.g. think about if lauren's easy to fall in love story was exaggerated at every turn...

However, being quiet doesn't make you relatable. I totally relate to jojo better than I do Lauren -- I don't think that points to either of them being too controlled and not wanting to share things about themselves. I think it's just the diff in their personalities imho

I relate to Lauren more than Jojo because Lauren is quiet, and I am more reserved as well. There have been times when Jojo has seemed too changed/in it to win to me, and I think it's maybe because of my own bias/opposite personality that I feel that way. Lauren, to me, has come across as someone who keeps her cards close to her heart, but as her feelings for Ben grew and her time on the bachelor became more stressful, her guard wore down as well, and we saw more of her emotional side.  

I think i agree with that to i totally relate to Lauren more. i feel like shes a bit laid back, calm, almost to the point where it comes across as if she doesnt care, but honestly just cause a person is like that doesnt mean anything is wrong with them. Not everyone likes to or can express themselves as well as jojo, or is well spoken like her and i think thats fine cause not everyone was born to fall in love on national television where they get judged for everything they do

michelle1

Back to top Go down

Post by dyra Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:16 am

All I know, Lauren hair may be two toned (with the dark roots creeping in) but Lauren is definitely not two faced The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Women Tell All -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 53 3806527698 :yes:

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Women Tell All -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 53 OGx1L45

#TeamLaurenB

gif by benandlaurenb4ever
dyra
dyra

Female Posts : 828

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:56 am

Buckeye_Fan wrote:
Longhornfan wrote:
grace8136 wrote:

One of JoJo's good friends is liking a bunch of tweets about JoJo being the next 'ette. That made me think that she's not in a relationship and also that maybe the 'ette role is not a done deal.

https://twitter.com/klanesmith/likes

I don't want to get anything started, so just take what I am about to say with a grain of salt.  I know nothing, okay?  I live in the DFW area, and this morning I was watching the ABC station here, because we were having some strong storms entering our area.  And, I noticed a blip that scrolled across the bottom of the screen that said something about the Bachelor.  So, I backed it up so that I could see it again.  And, all it said was that the Bachelor had been filming here at the Farmers Market and the Botanical Gardens.  I didn't see where it said WHEN this occurred, but it appeared to me that it must have been recently.

But, at the time I felt like it was weird to say the Bachelor, since TB is going to be over in a week.  So, is it possible that you are right, and they have been filming an introductory piece with JoJo within the last few weeks?  And we have been having really beautiful weather here the last couple of months, which is in stark contrast of what the weather was like during JoJo's HTD.  But, all I know is that it definitely said the Bachelor was filming, not the Bachelorette.

Anyway, this is just food for thought.

My guess is that they wouldn't know if it was the Bachelor or Bachelorette.  However, I remember hearing that Chris Siegfried was being filmed shortly before the end of Des' season.  Even though the sleuthers felt there was a great chance Des did choose him, there was speculation that maybe he was being considered to be the next Bachelor - IIRC.

Thanks for the info!

I have been thinking about this, and maybe they were filming an introductory piece for a guy from Dallas who is going to be on the upcoming Bachelorette season, and it could still be Caila who is the lead. Isn't it true that the vast majority of these guys have already been selected before they even know who the Bachelorette is even going to be?

If they are going to announce it next Monday night on the AFTR show, then I would tend to think that Caila is still going to be the next lead.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:03 am

Really TBH the only thing I feel like I know about Laure is that Ben really, really likes her.  That's it.

I love calm, reserved, laid back people.  They're my people in real life.  That's why I hope she and Ben are a great real life couple.  But on tv I just haven't been able to buy into Lauren having strong feelings for Ben.  The preview looks like maybe in the finale it will be more visible, I hope so.  I wish them luck, they are a gorgeous couple and Ben seems like a goner, in a high-school crush sort of way IMO.

I'm glad so many fans are enjoying this year's love story.  It's fun to really buy into a couple and become a fan because they grab your heart.  But personally, again IMO only, I have not seen the deeper, 2-way, mututal connection between these 2 of some of couples who really jumped off the screen as people falling for each other as people, not just in the bubble.  I do hope Ben and Lauren can build off of his really strong feeling for her to create a great relationship in RL and I'm happy it turned out to be a great season for me because of all this drama at the end.  I think I'm a big fan of romantic emotional turmoil giggling .

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:04 am

^
I think they're given a few names, one of which will be the lead. Kaitlyn's season they were her, Britt, Jade and someone else.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 55 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Women Tell All -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+91
Rdjbb
Cila51290
KBiegs88
Pia1
Longhornfan