SELECT CONTENT

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

paleo - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by FLChica Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:38 am

Ash2214 wrote:^ I am as well. We've only gotten videos that last from 5 seconds to 20 seconds. I haven't see anything that shows she's absolutely faking it with him IMO. All leads have to lead the show and each episode, but I think they at least seem to be into each other.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealitySteve/status/714676460162793473

https://instagram.com/p/BDhk3R8MS_H/

I still don't see fakeness in the two videos above either. Regardless, videos this short and pictures are only snippets. IMO

So as a Bachelor / Bachelorette veteran that has sleuthed everything from length of shadows to candle height, I carefully studied the 5 second and 20 second videos. I also looked at still photos of the date and even other video posted by the above IG poster. I then carefully studied the video of Jojo gesturing with her arm as she evidently presents or introduces Luke to the cheering crowd.

It is my opinion that Luke & Jojo had fun on the date - as much as you can while dancing on a tiny platform while Dan + Shay are playing, light effects are popping, a crowd surrounds you and dozens of cell phones record the moment.   Hugesmile  Interestingly enough, the person that posted the above video on IG had this comment: "I love the way Jojo comforts a guy and shows how she is feeling. She's going to be a great Bachelorette." I tried not to let that influence my careful consideration of the possible implications of these videos. IMHO.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

paleo - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Mommyof2 Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:11 am

I need to see more of their date before I make any assumptions. I just felt that touching someone's face, was a pretty intimate gesture. Jmo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:27 am

I have no clue if they're into it, but the producers couldn't try harder to create more awkward date setting. Dancing and making out on a raised platform in front of the audience and the band. I know most dates are like this, but still. Just no.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:47 am

Mommyof1 wrote:I just felt that touching someone's face, was a pretty intimate gesture.  Jmo.

I think it certainly can be an intimate gesture but IMO it depends on the context because it can also be a controlling gesture. Here's another example of ambiguity: many feel that a liar can't look you in the eye when they are lying, so no eye contact can indicate a lie. But accomplished liars know this and they may fixate eye contact to convince you they are not lying. Too little eye contact - and too much eye contact may both indicate a lie.

If kissing in a romantic encounter, hands touching the face it can indicate that there's a desire for more intimacy and a deeper meaning to the kiss. It may not be an appropriate way to kiss as a first kiss - it may be too intimate. Grabbing someone's face to go in for a kiss out of the blue - ie not in the middle of a make out session where such a kiss is the result of an increasingly intimate situation - seems to me to have crossed over the line from intimacy and into controlling.

Fingersandtoes wrote:I have no clue if they're into it, but the producers couldn't try harder to create more awkward date setting. Dancing and making out on a raised platform in front of the audience and the band. I know most dates are like this, but still. Just no.

This was a very public date with a lot of people standing around watching. In that setting it's hard to imagine feeling romantic and intimate - so doing romantic or intimate things is just out of place and comes across to me as fake - the feelings don't seem to match the actions.
JMHO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:01 am

I recall Emily had a similar date with Ryguy.

To me, just dancing and feeling the moment would be good enough but if prompted to do more then maybe the a awkwardness.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:29 am

I just think all the public concert dates on this show feel awkward and staged. I can't think of a single one that wasn't. And then add in the firsthand accounts we've gotten in the past about producers giving them specific instructions on when to kiss, how to kiss, what to do with their hands, etc. and it just all adds up to that staged feeling. Nothing against JoJo and Luke but I get the same feeling from this date. JMO

paleo - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 87b72b10 paleo - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 86669110 paleo - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:25 pm

umngirl wrote:I just think all the public concert dates on this show feel awkward and staged. I can't think of a single one that wasn't. And then add in the firsthand accounts we've gotten in the past about producers giving them specific instructions on when to kiss, how to kiss, what to do with their hands, etc. and it just all adds up to that staged feeling. Nothing against JoJo and Luke but I get the same feeling from this date. JMO

Yep, I agree. All of these dates feel awkward and staged...because they are. Smiley Nothing more, nothing less. IMHO.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:03 am

Yeah, can't think of anything less natural than pawing each other in front of a big crowd of people who are all staring at you and filming you with their phones. A date like that would be my worst nightmare.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:55 pm

FLChica wrote:
umngirl wrote:I just think all the public concert dates on this show feel awkward and staged. I can't think of a single one that wasn't. And then add in the firsthand accounts we've gotten in the past about producers giving them specific instructions on when to kiss, how to kiss, what to do with their hands, etc. and it just all adds up to that staged feeling. Nothing against JoJo and Luke but I get the same feeling from this date. JMO

Yep, I agree. All of these dates feel awkward and staged...because they are. Smiley Nothing more, nothing less. IMHO.

All the dates are staged, public or not.

It really is amazing that anyone actually has started something real on this show.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:16 pm

They are staged but I don't know that they always feel that way to the cast. The ones where they're on a stage in front of an audience are the worst so don't think they can possibly feel real. I'll be interested in seeing whatever they show of this date before I decide. I remember a lot of people thought Kaitlyn & Shawn's date on the Riverwalk was awkward also.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:57 pm

IMO I think that Luke an JoJo seemed very into each other in the video JoJo especially seemed super into him. I don't think they were faking it

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:35 am

The video was like "look, we're so into each other and making out in front of you" kind of video. Seems forced and too much effort - the opposite of effortless.

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+74
IrelandRose
exmrsbundy
nd4reality
maddybella
boston1