SELECT CONTENT

Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4

Page 26 of 53 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 39 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Page 26 Empty Re: Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4

Post by Loulou Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:39 pm

happygolucky wrote:I see him being all in ... and questioning her ... what to do so that she gets "there". I don't see him doubting the compatibility between them.
I agree totally. I also go back to the session preview to see Rolena's interaction and it is extremely positive post HTV. The scene with the scooter she walks confidently into Richies embrace and kiss. IMO no doubts in this scene. I think she catches up big time. Their relationship IMO is told by Richie about his feelings towards Olena whereas the Nikki and Alex tell their stories. jmo still [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] fingers crossed I don't get heartbroken giggling

Loulou

Female Posts : 966

Back to top Go down

Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Page 26 Empty Re: Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:27 pm

Ok here's my take on this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you guys are on point.

Nati, don't read Facebook comments as they are generally a bunch of closed minded people on there IMO. Twitter went nuts last night and everyone loved Olena for being the only one that was honest including Osher and Rosie Waterland with her write up.

So this is my take. People are taking at face value that she needs to catch up to the overt affections of the other women are displaying and because she is not compatible and he is seeing this as a challenge. IMO that's not it at all , the only catching up she needs to do is catching up to Richie's emotions. Let's face it, he has a slew of women fawning for him, yet he keeps her there week after week. Why? he could have quite easily sent her packing. Like he said last night "I have so much patience when it comes to Olena". That to me is the beginnings of him falling head over heels, if he hasn't already. He is patiently waiting for her feelings to catch up. But what people are also missing are vital clues to the start of her opening up completely. She said last night, " I want to see if he fits in with my family and if they approve." (Paraphrasing) that is her final hurdle and condition. the F1 always has a hurdle that is resolved before being able to say the 3 big words. Snez with Sam meeting Eve, Frosty with Blake meeting the Family.

I agree with Natik, him boxing with her Dad is going to be seen as a good thing and in all honesty I think they will give her the approval she needs to go ahead. This is where the story begins for them.

As for her not liking camping, please, I hate camping my husband loves it and as he was watching last night his exact words were " if he has any sense he'll pick Olena because she's honest and tells it like it is and go camping with his mates when he wants to" We've been married 15 years, it's not a dealbreaker and people need to see beyond that IMO. If they had nothing in common, he would have lost interest as it would be difficult to converse. Olena also said in an interview that they both love travelling and talk about this a lot.

I think with production having the surprise element this season, they have cut out many of their conversations which makes it difficult for people to see a connection between them, but ultimately that is exactly what they wanted IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:58 pm

Fifty wrote:Ok here's my take on this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you guys are on point.  

Nati, don't read Facebook comments as they are generally a bunch of closed minded people on there IMO. Twitter went nuts last night and everyone loved Olena for being the only one that was honest including Osher and Rosie Waterland with her write up.

So this is my take.  People are taking at face value that she needs to catch up to the overt affections of the other women are displaying  and because she is not compatible and he is seeing this as a challenge.  IMO that's not it at all , the only catching up she needs to do is catching up to Richie's emotions.  Let's face it, he has a slew of women fawning for him, yet he keeps her there week after week. Why? he could have quite easily sent her packing.  Like he said last night "I have so much patience when it comes to Olena". That to me is the beginnings of him falling head over heels, if he hasn't already.  He is patiently waiting for her feelings to catch up. But what people are also missing are vital clues to the start of her opening up completely.  She said last night, " I want to see if he fits in with my family and if they approve." (Paraphrasing)  that is her final hurdle and condition. the F1 always has a hurdle that is resolved before being able to say the 3 big words. Snez with Sam meeting Eve, Frosty with Blake meeting the Family.

I agree with Natik, him boxing with her Dad is going to be seen as a good thing and in all honesty I think they will give her the approval she needs to go ahead.  This is where the story begins for them.  

As for her not liking camping, please, I hate camping my husband loves it and as he was watching last night his exact words were " if he has any sense he'll pick Olena because she's honest and tells it like it is and go camping with his mates when he wants to" We've been married 15 years, it's not a dealbreaker and people need to see beyond that IMO. If they had nothing in common, he would have lost interest as it would be difficult to converse.  Olena also said in an interview that they both love travelling and talk about this a lot.

I think with production having the surprise element this season, they have cut out many of their conversations which makes it difficult for people to see a connection between them, but ultimately that is exactly what they wanted IMO.

Great post!!! Agree with everything bestbud!
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by Quane Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Fifty wrote:Ok here's my take on this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you guys are on point.  

So this is my take.  People are taking at face value that she needs to catch up to the overt affections of the other women are displaying  and because she is not compatible and he is seeing this as a challenge.  IMO that's not it at all , the only catching up she needs to do is catching up to Richie's emotions.  Let's face it, he has a slew of women fawning for him, yet he keeps her there week after week. Why? he could have quite easily sent her packing.  Like he said last night "I have so much patience when it comes to Olena". That to me is the beginnings of him falling head over heels, if he hasn't already.  He is patiently waiting for her feelings to catch up. But what people are also missing are vital clues to the start of her opening up completely.  She said last night, " I want to see if he fits in with my family and if they approve." (Paraphrasing)  that is her final hurdle and condition. the F1 always has a hurdle that is resolved before being able to say the 3 big words. Snez with Sam meeting Eve, Frosty with Blake meeting the Family.

I agree with Natik, him boxing with her Dad is going to be seen as a good thing and in all honesty I think they will give her the approval she needs to go ahead.  This is where the story begins for them.  

As for her not liking camping, please, I hate camping my husband loves it and as he was watching last night his exact words were " if he has any sense he'll pick Olena because she's honest and tells it like it is and go camping with his mates when he wants to" We've been married 15 years, it's not a dealbreaker and people need to see beyond that IMO. If they had nothing in common, he would have lost interest as it would be difficult to converse.  Olena also said in an interview that they both love travelling and talk about this a lot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ITA with you. If the girl does not like camping, the man can do it with their mates. It gives them a chance to have their own quality time with the mates. Women do not have to tack along their spouses wherever they go. As long as it is a healthy activity why not? I think many people fail to see that every one of us needs our own quality time with our friends. I think a relationship will be more healthy and lasting if given a space now and then to breathe. But then each to her own. jMO

Quane

Female Posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by fabgirl Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:10 pm

Thank you for those who assisted me on getting to watch episode 13. This episode brought more things to light for me on Olena, she was willing to participate despite the discomfort of other women there, she laughed with them. I have been married over 25 yrs and we dont share all commnon interest. Never been camping but will try it. Richie is not giving up on Olena he said their relationship is worth fighting for and yet he keeps her week after week because his heart is vested in her because she is unique and challenges him. The other see as well that their must be something deep with them if he is keeping her after the camping trip. During the final rose if you look at when Olena name was called you see the disappoint in their faces because they see her as a threat. Olena was funny trying to go karat. She gets an A for effort. She is not trying to catch up with the other girls like said earlier. They are going at real life time and letting it blossom. The rest of ladies were invested too soon with getting to ask about his interest to see if theyre a match,love her approach being realistic. I like also from episode 1 or 2 date when they showed the two love birds in the tree on the picnic date.
When do hometown dates air would love to see all of the families to sleuth a little more, saw the preview hopefully richie will get more of an insight of who is best for him.
fabgirl
fabgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Ok this maybe nothing but just looked at the preview for the session (on this forum) again and from "the power of true love" Olena is featured 6 times in different settings, Alex three times and Nikki twice???

Loulou

Female Posts : 966

Back to top Go down

Post by romance realist Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:23 pm

natik wrote:

Nice post Natik.

Last night's episode suggested many cultural gaps between Richie and Olena that in IMO go beyond national customs and traditions.
I am a person who has grown up in the country and lived in the city.
There can be a big cultural gap between metropolitan and regional people regardless of their ethnicity.
Expressed by how people connect to the landscape and definitely how at ease they feel in a natural or built setting, it can also be expressed in broader values like being more community focused and a willingness to pitch in physically and help each other out.
Last nights episode showed Olena does not have this 'pitch in' approach and for me this was a far greater gap in values than anything else that went on. Her inability to participate collectively may be attributed to being unconfident and overwhelmed for sure, but what it also emphasises is her current inability to see beyond herself and take a broader perspective.
She has an articulated ideal that a couple should focus solely on each other when they are together.
She can't get out of her own head at the moment to even begin to do this IMO.

However I do love that she will not sugar coat everything.
She is more openly cynical than the other women.
Bringing up the possibility of incompatibility between the families and Richie is an example of this.
While he would definitely be thinking on whether the girls families will like him, he must also be wondering if he will like them.

I am not sure where their love story is at currently.
I think Olena is pretty tough going for Richie and if she is F1, it will certainly a case of love conquers all.

All just my thoughts at the moment.

romance realist

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:44 pm

romance realist wrote:
natik wrote:

Nice post Natik.

Last night's episode suggested many cultural gaps between Richie and Olena that in IMO go beyond national customs and traditions.
I am a person who has grown up in the country and lived in the city.
There can be a big cultural gap between metropolitan and regional people regardless of their ethnicity.
Expressed by how people connect to the landscape and definitely how at ease they feel in a natural or built setting, it can also be expressed in broader values like being more community focused and a willingness to pitch in physically and help each other out.
Last nights episode showed Olena does not have this 'pitch in' approach and for me this was a far greater gap in values than anything else that went on. Her inability to participate collectively may be attributed to being unconfident and overwhelmed for sure, but what it also emphasises is her current inability to see beyond herself and take a broader perspective.
She has an articulated ideal that a couple should focus solely on each other when they are together.
She can't get out of her own head at the moment to even begin to do this IMO.

However I do love that she will not sugar coat everything.
She is more openly cynical than the other women.
Bringing up the possibility of incompatibility between the families and Richie is an example of this.
While he would definitely be thinking on whether the girls families will like him, he must also be wondering if he will like them.

I am not sure where their love story is at currently.
I think Olena is pretty tough going for Richie and if she is F1, it will certainly a case of love conquers all.

All just my thoughts at the moment.

Ive gone through eh comments again on Facebook and there is overwhelming support for Olena now, particularly from older women. They have all said the same thing. These are some of the comments:
A) if you don't like something don't pretend to impress a man.
B) She is honest with him from the get go
C) Taking things slow is not a challenge its "normal"
D) She has raised the bar as to how women on this show should behave and not looking desperate

This is just my own opinion here, if he is displaying such patience with her to open up so far, he knows that he will have her heart forever once she is ready to do that. There is no doubt in my mind that after he meets her parents, things will turn around for her and you will see a different side to Olena, IMO. As for her not being confident, IMO someone who has very little confidence will follow others and not be honest about their likes and dislikes in order to not stand out and to try and impress a guy, effectively portraying themselves ad someone they are not. She hasn't done that at all. He knows exactly who she is and what she is like unlike, he also knows she wants to take things slow, this in film making terms is called a "slow burn" as opposed IMO to some of the other girls who are playing the game correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quane Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:13 am

Loulou wrote:Ok this maybe nothing but just looked at the preview for the session (on this forum) again and from "the power of true love" Olena is featured 6 times in different settings, Alex three times and Nikki twice???  

I like that "the power of love". It can overcome many obstacles in a relationship. It has definitely been with mine. I can relate to many of her dilemmas, so I am really hoping that Rolena's love story will persevere through.

Quane

Female Posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:27 am

Will Olena's family serve Richie some curveballs? - source: @thebachelorau
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Interesting... Curveball

Source: Dailymail
article: wrote:The handsome 30-year-old is set to meet Olena's family on Thursday night - including her dad, who is a boxer.

'My dad doesn't like bikes [and Richie is a revhead]. [But] to be honest, [Dad] is a huge softie and it's my sister that Richie should be most scared of - I hoped she'd give him a grilling just like I did on our first date.'

However, seeing the episode has already been filmed, she has revealed Richie was well-received with her tight-knit family.

'They think we're a good match. My mum noticed he was tall and good looking, and my dad is hard to impress, but they had a good time together,' she stated.

Yet she still has three other girls to compete with before she can win Richie's heart - and maybe a ring, including Nikki, who Olena doesn't seem too fond of.

'I was actually there on the couch when she was kissing Richie in the other room at the cocktail party.

'I could see them hooking up but I wasn't sure if it was actually happening right in front of me or if it was the champagne. I kind of found that disrespectful,' she quipped.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:43 am

I wrote in another thread if you had a chance to listen carefully ITMs/POs of the girls when they are with Richie ... since I've noticed few voice-overs of Olena, that could have been filmed at any time and inserted for the story purpose that gave me an idea where the edit's been moving ... so in case I stay at home during the weekend, I'll try to watch the episodes again to write those lines ... but who has time should watch those scenes again and you might get the same result. Let the curveballs serve well tonight.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:27 am

happygolucky wrote:Will Olena's family serve Richie some curveballs? - source: @thebachelorau
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Interesting... Curveball

Source: Dailymail
article: wrote:The handsome 30-year-old is set to meet Olena's family on Thursday night - including her dad, who is a boxer.

'My dad doesn't like bikes [and Richie is a revhead]. [But] to be honest, [Dad] is a huge softie and it's my sister that Richie should be most scared of - I hoped she'd give him a grilling just like I did on our first date.'

However, seeing the episode has already been filmed, she has revealed Richie was well-received with her tight-knit family.

'They think we're a good match. My mum noticed he was tall and good looking, and my dad is hard to impress, but they had a good time together,' she stated.

Yet she still has three other girls to compete with before she can win Richie's heart - and maybe a ring, including Nikki, who Olena doesn't seem too fond of.

'I was actually there on the couch when she was kissing Richie in the other room at the cocktail party.

'I could see them hooking up but I wasn't sure if it was actually happening right in front of me or if it was the champagne. I kind of found that disrespectful,' she quipped.

Wow!!! I guess that explains even more why she was finding the whole thing confusing and why it was harder for her to keep opening up.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 53 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 39 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Olena Khamula - 2nd SD girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 4

+42
Miyala
DTaylor91
dee
ThankMeLater
Amarylla