SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Page 10 of 46 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Post by albean99 Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:08 pm

I don't dislike Sean at all but I don't think he was the best choice if they couldn't have CH. He's a little too boring to help carry a show imo. I watched it the first week hoping he was just a fill in for 1 week and CH would be back. It could be worse. It could be Chad or Ashley I. affraid

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15341

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Post by sosleepy Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:15 pm

albean99 wrote:I don't dislike Sean at all but I don't think he was the best choice if they couldn't have CH. He's a little too boring to help carry a show imo. I watched it the first week hoping he was just a fill in for 1 week and CH would be back. It could be worse. It could be Chad or Ashley I. affraid

My guess it was either a Millionaire conflict, or, maybe more likely, the show wanted to go really, really on the cheap. I'm sure Sean is getting paid significantly less that the couple million I'm sure CH would charge.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:40 pm

I don't blame Sean for hosting the show when asked. It is good money for little involvement.
Should he have kept his dumb mouth shut about anything else and simply earned the pay check? IMO--yes. The more he talks the more foolish he sounds. The less likely he will be asked to perform in this role for TPTB in the future.
IMO, he is not charismatic. He is not witty. He is corny. Corny is ok for some. Not for tv. This is not the 50's. or even 60's. He is not cutting edge IMO. He is not host material...all IMO.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:44 pm

I think CH wasn't asked to do it, not that there was a conflict in schedule. I'm pretty sure I read a tweet or somewhere that someone asked him why he wasn't hosting, and he basically said it wasn't his decision and wasn't asked to do it.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Him taking the offer was a no brainer. He may not be the best but whatever, it's a job and since when did Sean turn down a paying gig? laugh out loud

I wish he would've left it there instead of pandering to a portion of his fan base all the time.

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I don't blame Sean for hosting the show when asked. It is good money for little involvement.
Should he have kept his dumb mouth shut about anything else and simply earned the pay check? IMO--yes. The more he talks the more foolish he sounds. The less likely he will be asked to perform in this role for TPTB in the future.
IMO, he is not charismatic. He is not witty. He is corny. Corny is ok for some. Not for tv. This is not the 50's. or even 60's. He is not cutting edge IMO. He is not host material...all IMO.

Don't count on it! no no

He's had a lot of speaking engagements but probably just gives the same canned speech.  Live TV is a different ball game and he lacks the quick wit to keep up with the rest of the cast, not to mention that he doesn't seem to have bothered to prepare for the guests.  I guess he thinks he just has to show up.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Once upon a time before the show got 4 more core marriages, a couple spin off marriages, and a few other couples who seem headed in the right direction, they trotted out Trista and Ryan constantly. Like constantly. She was the first. Even though I personally think it's debatable, many regard Sean the first true Bachelor success, so he gets similar Trista treatment. With time, hopefully that fades a bit. Because while I know he has many fans, his appeal has always just been completely lost on me and I'm personally a little sick of the SeanCat saturation by this show. They can be cute, but to me they are no more special than any of the other married's, and I'm not sure why they should get the red carpet treatment over the others, or why they, specifically, are labeled Bachelor Royalty.  Add in the sanctimony, and I don't even find them cute anymore. Just obnoxious.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:53 pm

^ ITA. I have always felt such.
They will go to who they think will bring the ratings. If that's Sean. It's Sean. I personally think there are some others that might fit the bill.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:10 pm

sosleepy wrote:Once upon a time before the show got 4 more core marriages, a couple spin off marriages, and a few other couples who seem headed in the right direction, they trotted out Trista and Ryan constantly. Like constantly. She was the first. Even though I personally think it's debatable, many regard Sean the first true Bachelor success, so he gets similar Trista treatment. With time, hopefully that fades a bit. Because while I know he has many fans, his appeal has always just been completely lost on me and I'm personally a little sick of the SeanCat saturation by this show. They can be cute, but to me they are no more special than any of the other married's, and I'm not sure why they should get the red carpet treatment over the others, or why they, specifically, are labeled Bachelor Royalty.  Add in the sanctimony, and I don't even find them cute anymore. Just obnoxious.

I admit to being conflicted when it comes to this couple. I share your feelings 1000% yet I am drawn to what ever they are doing, kind of like you are drawn to an accident site. I personally much prefer the more subtle couples, like Desiree & Chris and even Peyton and Chris. They all have experienced $$ being thrown their way as a result of "winning" but somehow, I am not hit over the head by it and I can congratulate them with a full heart. Now having said the above, one never knows until you have walked a mile in their moccasins. I hope I would be more like the other couples I named, I think I would, but......I have learned never to say never.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:56 pm

Somebody make it stop. laugh out loud Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 1f633 Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 1f648 Do these companies stipulate that the ad must be a super awkward video?

#ad This woman would take a ticket to Six Flags over jewelry or fancy dinners any day of the week. That's how I know she's a keeper. And thank you @fittea for helping me fight the dad bod. by @seanloweksu

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Rather an awkward yet somehow cute video/picture then an "in your face" once a week ad like Janner do all the time. JMO.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 1f49c

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 8367-910 Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 I_got_13 Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 E5kqdm15 Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11979

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:18 pm

They get creative and fun points from me. Plus I want that boxer mug for my brother's Christmas gift. Lol

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 87b72b10 Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 86669110 Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 10 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 46 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

+66
eliza3
ddsmom17
SunnyRachel
maya213
Babescake