SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Page 31 of 46 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 38 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 31 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Post by hae1001 Tue May 16, 2017 9:34 am

@lleyki wow i never knew any of this. Thats terrible.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 31 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue May 16, 2017 9:38 am

I was so annoyed with Sean and Catherine during his dwts stint. When he signed onto the show, he knew what it was. Dancing with a female partner, in close proximity. The pros all wear sexy clothes, all they're gorgeous. Trying to throw Peta utb to cover up their own insecurities and issues was just wrong, IMO. Peta is one of the nicest, sweetest people out there, and she didn't deserve any of it. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Tue May 16, 2017 10:35 am

lleyki wrote:It was more or less stated by Sean and Catherine that DWTS was difficult for them, largely because of the intimate nature of the dances, which fine, whatever. However, it was the not so subtle comments made here and there that Peta was being too sexy with her dance moves and costumes that irritated me.

Now look, I'll be the first to tell you that yes, Peta has never been afraid to sex it up in her dancing and she is more than happy to throw on a skimpy costume. But she's that way with all her partnerships. And granted her partnership with Nick came when she is happily engaged and a new mom, versus when she was paired with Sean and seemingly single.

But I say seemingly because that's just it, Peta was already sort of involved with Maks and in fact was going through her own triangle with Maks and a longtime boyfriend she previously had. It just wasn't public knowledge at the time. In other words, she was never interested in anything but dancing and doing her job with Sean.

But Sean and Catherine had their own insecurities and hangups and projected that onto her. And it invited fans of theirs at the time to judge and sl*t-shame Peta. I remember defending her a lot on other boards when Bachelor fans who didn't watch the show came in posting that she was so inappropriate and clearly throwing herself at Sean.

And of course they later didn't invite her to their wedding which she did admit to being slightly hurt about in a later interview (though why she would want to I have no idea). And even in their response for why they didn't invite her, there was still the undertone of inappropriateness from her. The whole thing just irritated me and seemed like a negative situation for all involved. Very, very different this time around with Peta and the Bachelor lead. And by the way, Nick and Vanessa are invited to her and Maks' wedding.  

Right, they couldn't fit Peta in but plenty of room for the Vandertrash family!  Not to mention that he would talk about how "they", not "he" screwed up the dances, and IIRC he didn't thank/mention Peta in any way when he got eliminated.  No wonder Peta was relieved to be dancing with Nick.  JMO
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Tue May 16, 2017 10:45 am

I think Sean and Catherine are grateful.

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Tue May 16, 2017 10:51 am

bleuberry wrote:Didn't he imply that Peta wasn't a good example to his niece? Rolling Eyes

I remember a tweet from his sister saying that his niece has dreams of being the next Peta and Sean replying something like 'God No. If she wants that, she should send her application to Hooters now'. I remember fuming when I had read that tweet. :angryemotion His subtle sl*t-shaming went on the whole season IMO and they didn't even have the decency to keep her out of his book IMO after she had already received enough hate from his fans during the season.

All JMO

coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue May 16, 2017 11:09 am

coolangel wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Didn't he imply that Peta wasn't a good example to his niece? Rolling Eyes

I remember a tweet from his sister saying that his niece has dreams of being the next Peta and Sean replying something like 'God No. If she wants that, she should send her application to Hooters now'. I remember fuming when I had read that tweet. :angryemotion His subtle sl*t-shaming went on the whole season IMO and they didn't even have the decency to keep her out of his book IMO after she had already received enough hate from his fans during the season.

All JMO

Oh dear goodness! What a horrible person he is! He willingly signed on to do the show, but very publicly dragged his dance partner, and basically called her a tramp. Peta and all the dance pros have more natural talent, work ethic, and manners in their pinky fingers, that Sean and Catherine have combined, IMO. Ugh, he's absolutely horrid. Imo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Tue May 16, 2017 11:11 am

@coolangel what did he say in the book?
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue May 16, 2017 11:13 am

Dancing sexy or not (which is ... you know, A JOB and professional)... as if Peta would ever be remotely romantically interested in Sean Lowe. LOL. I'm sorry. She's waaaay out of his leauge. Catherine had nothing to worry about.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 16, 2017 11:16 am

Even if she was though...isn't that a compliment to him, why would he insult her for it? A gentleman would be like 'Thanks but no thanks, I'm flattered, but I have a fianceé'. Still no reason to sl*tshame her...

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Tue May 16, 2017 11:31 am

hae1001 wrote:@coolangel what did he say in the book?

I haven't read it but it was more of the same from what I heard and basically subtle blaming Peta for the tough time he and Cat had during DWTS. After the book released, some of his fans went after her again on SM even though she was removed from the situation completely at that point. I think it's quite telling that he is her only partner she hasn't stayed in touch with over the years.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia620 Tue May 16, 2017 11:36 am

Newto wrote:
Stacia620 wrote:Five words...Born-Again-Virgin-Grown-Sexy. Ugh. Cringeworthy. jmo

I never considered Sean sexy if that is your reference.  He is a nice looking man but rather bland.  JMO

HaHa! No, that's not what I meant. I do not find ANYTHING sexy about Sean. jmo
Stacia620
Stacia620

Female Posts : 1221

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue May 16, 2017 12:17 pm

coolangel wrote:

All JMO

affraid WTF? How does he think that's appropriate? What a loser, IMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 46 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 38 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

+66
eliza3
ddsmom17
SunnyRachel
maya213
Babescake