SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 17 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 17 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:02 pm

I think it's awesome he is considering to run for local office. He is just as qualified as anyone else who runs for state or city government roles. We need more young people stepping up and being willing to run for office. Gosh, it's not like he is running for U.S. senate!! Since everything happens in state, he won't be traveling anymore than he does for current job.

Seriously this is impressive to me and one of the most selfless things that he could do with Lauren by his side all the way.

Besides, what does it matter if he loses fans?? He is not on tv anymore so no pressure thete
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 17 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by Alanna Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:02 pm

stuckinsc wrote:If this weren't a presidential election year maybe party would matter less. But being a presidential year party platform is pushed much harder on all candidates. He is chosing to run representing a party with a presumptive presidential nominee who has been very insulting and demeaning to the people that Ben likes to reach out and help through his charity work. We are not supposed to discuss politics here but the platform of the party he is representing doesn't seem to match his charity endevors. 

I think this is a lot of strain to put on a relationship that has been public for three months. I wish them the best, but think it could hurt them as a couple more than help. Time will tell.
Maybe we need to put him on the VP ticket and have a cross over The Apprentice/Bachelor in the White House show filmed! Betty, you didn't perform in the fantasy suite, you're fired!!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Alanna wrote:Yes, Jill is a designer, Travis is a real doctor, Jesse is a real sports player, and Ali went into entertainment. Ben thinks he can legitimately lead real people based on what, exactly? Okay. Good luck. If there's a breakup with Lauren, it'll make it even more hilarious and dramatic (political couple kaput!), which I'm all about. So I'm all for it too. All jmo.
Actually Jesse is now a sports journalist. Shocking that before the retreading more of the people did have real careers. Now the bachelor has become a reality tv profession.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:10 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
I may be in the minority but I think this could be a great opportunity for Ben and Lauren, especially if this is part of Ben's passion and goals in life. Ben is someone I've always thought could potentially be in politics (he just had that something about him, in a good way though) and not too surprising news considering his interview with Juliet where she broached the subject of politics and at the time I thought Ben viewed it as a very serious possibility and based on what he has done (outside the show, in his real life) it makes sense to me since he seems to have passion for people and community, which is admirable, imo.

I can see Ben doing very well in this endeavor. If anything, I think he was made for it. My hope for him is, if he does choose to do so and wins, that he is able to part of making a positive difference in his community and the lives of others.

You are certainly not alone because I also think this could be a great opportunity for Ben and Lauren as well. Ben seems to be someone who seeks to give something back to the community of which he is a part and I just see him approaching this opportunity the same way. He may have a slim chance of winning - but it may also be better than one might think as I would think his name recognition would be very good. Regardless - won or lose - I believe he will learn and grow from it just as he seems to have with all of his life experiences. I do not for a New York minute think he would do this without Lauren's complete support and enthusiasm.

And it's not all about winning. If fact, that is simply an easier stepping stone if you do win the first time round.
Many that have gone into politics did not win the first time at bat and usually that does not stop them, if politics is truly their calling. Sometimes it takes a second go round to let the people know who and what you are as well as your own self discovery along the way.
Personally, I think it's an admirable thing to see someone that appears to be grounded and has a good moral foundation interested in giving back and serving their community etc. It's inspirational and gives me some hope for our future.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:19 pm

I have hope for the future too- my future entertainment with this couple laugh out loud

Okay. I'm done!

Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:21 pm

Alanna wrote:Yes, Jill is a designer, Travis is a real doctor, Jesse is a real sports player, and Ali went into entertainment. Ben thinks he can legitimately lead real people based on what, exactly? Okay. Good luck. If there's a breakup with Lauren, it'll make it even more hilarious and dramatic (political couple kaput!), which I'm all about. So I'm all for it too. All jmo.

You have to start somewhere. How does anyone become qualified to lead people? You get involved, you run for stuff. And it's my personal opinion that Ben and Lauren must feel incredibly secure in their relationship to even consider this at this point in time. Because you are right, a public breakup KILLS his political ambitions. And being married helps him tremendously. Especially with the conservative, "family values" party.

Besides, I thought initially you said this made sense for Ben and Lauren? That Lauren and Ben had a very Kennedy-reque vibe except with Midwest values? Maybe that was someone else, and if so apologize.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:24 pm

This couple never did much for me in terms of entertainment. So I can move on fast from that per usual.
Whatever works for them together or singly is fine with me. Actually, I don't think they need my approval. Actually, I would prefer they leave me out of it. cantstopl

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:28 pm

sosleepy wrote:

You have to start somewhere. How does anyone become qualified to lead people? You get involved, you run for stuff. And it's my personal opinion that Ben and Lauren must feel incredibly secure in their relationship to even consider this at this point in time. Because you are right, a public breakup KILLS his political ambitions. And being married helps him tremendously. Especially with the conservative, "family values" party.

Besides, I thought initially you said this made sense for Ben and Lauren? That Lauren and Ben had a very Kennedy-reque vibe except with Midwest values? Maybe that was someone else, and if so apologize.
Nah it was me but I was thinking ahead at some point, married and not tomorrow, like literally 2 months away from a reality show. Give it time like Trumper.

~ Sex and the City

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by babs Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:29 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:I think it's awesome he is considering to run for local office. He is just as qualified as anyone else who runs for state or city government roles. We need more young people stepping up and being willing to run for office. Gosh, it's not like he is running for U.S. senate!! Since everything happens in state, he won't be traveling anymore than he does for current job.

Seriously this is impressive to me and one of the most selfless things that he could do with Lauren by his side all the way.

Besides, what does it matter if he loses fans?? He is not on tv anymore so no pressure thete

Yes!!!!! I would love to see some of those people in office cob webs have grown on them kicked out and young ones brought in. Maybe we could start all over and work together to accomplish something. I wish there were term limits!

Hey! Maybe The Bachelor franchise could start breeding candidates.
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:38 pm

babs wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:I think it's awesome he is considering to run for local office. He is just as qualified as anyone else who runs for state or city government roles. We need more young people stepping up and being willing to run for office. Gosh, it's not like he is running for U.S. senate!! Since everything happens in state, he won't be traveling anymore than he does for current job.

Yes!!!!!  I would love to see some of those people in office cob webs have grown on them kicked out and young ones brought in.  Maybe we could start all over and work together to accomplish something.  I wish there were term limits!

Hey!  Maybe The Bachelor franchise could start breeding candidates.
Yeah, I have no problem with candidate Ben, but honest to goodness, I really don't want more reality tv people turning into politicians. Please no! I feel like we are already turning into an intellectual bashing society. Ben is an exception, please don't let him be the rule.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:47 pm

I think it is admirable that Ben (and Lauren) would consider running for a state seat.  Ben has proven his character and devotion to helping others and we need more people from both liberal and conservative sides of the aisle to step up and run for office for the betterment of others.....not just politicians intent on self gain.  Win or lose Ben is smart to toss his hat in the ring now because the experience and political name recognition will help him in future election cycles.  I see Ben and Lauren as a team and have no worry that this will adversely affect their relationship.  Ben has plenty of life experience to be qualified for the job and at 28 he is certainly not too young.    
I find it refreshing to see someone use their Bachelor experience to serve their community, state, country by stepping up and becoming a public servant.  IMO our country needs politicians that have a sincere drive to help others.  
Count me in the group that sees this as way better than using the Bach/Ette as the defining moment in your life and resorting to SM shilling and endless step and sees.
I'll take a career public servant over a career reality tv has been 24/7 365.

JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:53 pm

Slight change of subject, probably a safe bet Lauren isn't returning to being a flight attendant any day soon. Amiright? laugh out loud

Only bringing it up, because that one got deadhorse
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom