SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 16 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:25 pm

Alanna wrote:snipped
It's hilarious how these people go on a reality show and all of the sudden they're experts in everything, including politics. Please show us the way, reality tv people!
I don't know... I don't define these people or who they are in real life based solely on being on a reality tv show. Sure most of them seem like they only are after the fame and whatever, and more power to them if so, but I don't see them all that way, and not for 1-2 years out of their lives as boxed into that. Plus, for politics, I don't think anyone is suddenly an expert (in any career/vocation) until one has experience - it seems like Ben is wanting to attain some.

For someone like Ben, most of who he is as a person and his abilities are made up from what he accomplished before he ever was on reality tv, imo, and based on his passions, pursuits, and degree. Sure he has name recognition which can help in a big way to give him a platform, but I don't see Ben appearing on reality tv as less than or more than anyone else who hasn't done so and going into politics, nor do I see Ben being on a reality tv show as something which should limit him from using his abilities that he may have had long before ever being on reality tv.

I guess for me personally I kind of see it similarly to how I see myself as a viewer of reality tv... while it is not the same as being on a show, just because I watch this show I don't see myself as limited or defined by the shows I watch and I have many real life interests and aspirations culminating from my own pursuits, passions, and achievements. I guess I just see Ben (and anyone else) the same way and that they are the sum of more than just being on reality tv  no idea

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by babs Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:47 pm

I am sure if Lauren said she didn't want him to run, he wouldn't run. I do believe that Lauren means a great deal to him and would never want to put their relationship in jeopardy.
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Yeah... I don't think Ben ever claimed he was an expert in anything. He's just taking the platform that ABC gave him and trying to make something more out of it.

No different than Travis getting on The Doctors, Jesse getting into sports broadcasting, Jillian getting on HGTV, Ali trying her hand on E!

Except, IMO, it's almost more impressive than those above. And certainly more impressive than the 70% that just career stall and make a living hocking products on SM; essentially letting The Bachelor become the pinnacle of their life, becomming professional former reality stars.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by babs Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:51 pm

sosleepy wrote:Yeah... I don't think Ben ever claimed he was an expert in anything. He's just taking the platform that ABC gave him and trying to make something more out of it.

No different than Travis getting on The Doctors, Jesse getting into sports broadcasting, Jillian getting on HGTV, Ali trying her hand on E!

Except, IMO, it's almost more impressive than those above. And certainly more impressive than the 70% that just career stall and make a living hocking products on SM; essentially letting The Bachelor become the pinnacle of their life, becomming professional former reality stars.

Really great post! I agree
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:59 pm

sosleepy wrote:Yeah... I don't think Ben ever claimed he was an expert in anything. He's just taking the platform that ABC gave him and trying to make something more out of it.

Spot on! Why is Ben's choice to get into politics different from what others have done post-show? Ben is probably following his passion of making a difference in people's lives just like the others you mentioned sosleepy. There's plenty of ways to do that and politics is one of them. I really wish him well on this!
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:10 pm

That's exactly how I see it @sosleepy: Ben venturing into something that he has an interest in and possibly a longtime passion for.

I admire Ben that he has not limited himself nor defined himself as just being on the Bach/Bette and that he seems to have goals and aspirations far above being on a reality show and for that I say good for him.

I have a feeling that in the culmination of Ben's life, being the Bachelor will just be a blip in Ben's life and the least of his accomplishments.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:17 pm

I think it's pretty safe to say this guy could care less if he looses fans. He has proven he is more focused on the positive and helping when he can.
IG
higgins.benJoin me & @humanityandhope Sat 6/11 in #Denver for music & art at @lohimusicfest creating jobs for women in #Honduras http://bit.ly/LoHiHopeTix2016
#learngrowprosper #endlesslove #lohispaceodyssey2016 #lohi #musicfestival #livemusic

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:18 pm

Bachelor will always be where he met Lauren B. seeing hearts

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:46 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
I may be in the minority but I think this could be a great opportunity for Ben and Lauren, especially if this is part of Ben's passion and goals in life. Ben is someone I've always thought could potentially be in politics (he just had that something about him, in a good way though) and not too surprising news considering his interview with Juliet where she broached the subject of politics and at the time I thought Ben viewed it as a very serious possibility and based on what he has done (outside the show, in his real life) it makes sense to me since he seems to have passion for people and community, which is admirable, imo.

I can see Ben doing very well in this endeavor. If anything, I think he was made for it. My hope for him is, if he does choose to do so and wins, that he is able to part of making a positive difference in his community and the lives of others.

You are certainly not alone because I also think this could be a great opportunity for Ben and Lauren as well. Ben seems to be someone who seeks to give something back to the community of which he is a part and I just see him approaching this opportunity the same way. He may have a slim chance of winning - but it may also be better than one might think as I would think his name recognition would be very good. Regardless - won or lose - I believe he will learn and grow from it just as he seems to have with all of his life experiences. I do not for a New York minute think he would do this without Lauren's complete support and enthusiasm.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Alanna wrote:
Linds911 wrote:Oh goodness. No words.
I'll think of some for us, girl! No worries. Always here for you fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 16 2498057887

It's hilarious how these people go on a reality show and all of the sudden they're experts in everything, including politics. Please show us the way, reality tv people!

It is absurd! Reality show "star" does not equal expert. Jmho I hope they know what they are doing. fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 16 3806527698 Who in their right mind would go into politics. I guess somebody has to. Hugesmile
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:59 pm

Yes, Jill is a designer, Travis is a real doctor, Jesse is a real sports player, and Ali went into entertainment. Ben thinks he can legitimately lead real people based on what, exactly? Okay. Good luck. If there's a breakup with Lauren, it'll make it even more hilarious and dramatic (political couple kaput!), which I'm all about. So I'm all for it too. All jmo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:01 pm

If this weren't a presidential election year maybe party would matter less. But being a presidential year party platform is pushed much harder on all candidates. He is chosing to run representing a party with a presumptive presidential nominee who has been very insulting and demeaning to the people that Ben likes to reach out and help through his charity work. We are not supposed to discuss politics here but the platform of the party he is representing doesn't seem to match his charity endevors. 

I think this is a lot of strain to put on a relationship that has been public for three months. I wish them the best, but think it could hurt them as a couple more than help. Time will tell.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom