SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 47 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by lipsis Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:27 am

Personally, I don't care what any of the couples do. I trust they will make the right decisions for themselves at the time. NONE of them are normal and NONE of them are perfect. In my book, a normal person doesn't go on a TV show to find a mate. A normal person doesn't get all kinds of freebies, including home furnishings, vacations, clothing and whatever else for the mere mention of a company's name. A normal person doesn't announce personal business in a magazine. NONE of them are normal. NONE of them are bad people either. For me, I ignore those who aren't my cup of tea and follow those who are. Now back to my regularly scheduled program (which isn't on Freeform)

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Samuel10fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Samuel10 fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Family10fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Samuel15fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:32 am

I have no issue about any of these couples doing reality shows as long as they don't  knock down other people doing them. I think it's going to be a few episode show leading to their wedding.

Last edited by Fingersandtoes on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:39 am

Yay! Freeform is the new name for ABC Family and I do get that channel. I had no idea about the name change until now.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:55 am

Wow! That is so fast laugh out loud . It says a lot in what his interviews saying he did not do another show because his main focus is Lauren laugh out loud. But reading the us weekly seems Lauren don't mind it laugh out loud . Anyway, that freeform is also known as abc family where the show melissa and Joey was aired for couple of years. So I do think this might be a different one for them to their additional actual wedding . Maybe . I mean if their wedding is televise either live or not . It can only show once and that will be on abc network itself like others who got married.

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Eb97c9
fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 9zt107fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Xgicucfitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Oaw2uvfitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 2pqw5k8fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 30szzaufitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:57 am

IMHO this doesn't bode well for their relationship -- reality tv is not the "thing to do" to nurture a newly formed relationship but hey that's just my 2 cent...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:04 pm

lovebites8727 wrote:Wow! That is so fast laugh out loud . It says a lot in what his interviews saying he did not do another show because his main focus is Lauren laugh out loud. But reading the us weekly seems Lauren don't mind it laugh out loud . Anyway, that freeform is also known as abc family where the show melissa and Joey was aired for couple of years. So I do think this might be a different one for them to their additional actual wedding . Maybe . I mean if their wedding is televise either live or not . It can only show once and that will be on abc network itself like others who got married.

He didn't want to do DWTS, because he wouldn't have had time to be with Lauren. This show is WITH Lauren, that might be a huge difference to him. They're on the show together as opposed him doing a show alone with long training hours etc. IMO
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:07 pm

lipsis wrote:Personally, I don't care what any of the couples do. I trust they will make the right decisions for themselves at the time. NONE of them are normal and NONE of them are perfect. In my book, a normal person doesn't go on a TV show to find a mate. A normal person doesn't get all kinds of freebies, including home furnishings, vacations, clothing and whatever else for the mere mention of a company's name. A normal person doesn't announce personal business in a magazine. NONE of them are normal. NONE of them are bad people either. For me, I ignore those who aren't my cup of tea and follow those who are. Now back to my regularly scheduled program (which isn't on Freeform)
:claphands :claphands :claphands

I don't think this means they are doomed. many of these couples have done reality tv just not to this extent.
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:08 pm

This will be Ben's third major reality show, so he can be classed as reality tv professional IMO.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:12 pm

I got it. I am just saying laugh out loud . Speaking of this . I am wondering if the concept is like the show of Kellie pickler with her husband in cmt which is on going now and seems a lot are watching it . I would bet many will going to watch them and there would be more possible seasons for their show to be followed . Coz It is never a secret there are a lot of people out there and crazy about them at this point and anticipating their upcoming wedding .

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Eb97c9
fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 9zt107fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Xgicucfitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Oaw2uvfitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 2pqw5k8fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 30szzaufitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:21 pm

sosleepy wrote:
umngirl wrote:IMO doing a show where you are the only couple invites more issues and drama since there isn't another couple that can take the focus for an episode or two.

And I can guarantee there will be drama, whether real or manufactured. They don't make these shows to delicate a happy couple 24/7.

I'm just gonna enjoy them being knocked off this "perfect" pedestal some have of them.

I'm sure I'm guilty too... But the fan wars are kinda silly. We all like different couples for one reason or another. It shouldn't be some stupid competition, or waiting to see someone knocked off some make believe pedestal.

I definitely don't think they are perfect. I think this is a gamble, and for sure it opens them up for criticism. But I also think it will be relatively controlled. Of course there will be manufactured drama- probably circling around home renovations, wedding planning, maybe Lauren adjusting to new life. But it's not MBC, which is SPECIFICALLY about dealing with marital issues. There is a difference. None of these couples are immune to more reality tv. They've all done something or another. I'm guessing Ben/Lauren want to do this to make some $$, promote charities, keep his name out there for politics, and catapult them into their own televised wedding.

I was talking generally about people saying they are "perfect". Sure all fan groups are guilty of it but I enjoy when these fans realize they are people too and take them off the pedestal.

And now they are like all the others. I had read many say they were above more reality tv so this just proves they aren't.

JMOAA

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 87b72b10 fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 86669110 fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:22 pm

emusha wrote:IMHO this doesn't bode well for their relationship -- reality tv is not the "thing to do" to nurture a newly formed relationship but hey that's just my 2 cent...

Eh. It worked out juiuuuuuust fine for SeanCat and Trista and Ryan. This is a one odd isolated segment. It's not a continuous series like KUWTK. I'm guessing it will be similar to Trista's few episode arch leading up wedding.

And devils advocate, I bet this comes with a hefty paycheck. And one of the things couples most fight over is money. I'm sure software sales rep and currently "on a break" flight attendant are on a budget, so this is nice for them. They don't take those add deals like most have, so they aren't getting revenue that way.

All of these couples have stayed in the limelight to some degree. Ashley/JP are presidents of the "put on the pedestal" club, the OG, and they are on MBC. All of these people went on The Bachelor to begin with, so each one of them is an attention seeker to some extent. I think Ben and Lauren will be fine. If there is trouble brewing, I think they'd stay faaaar away. Neither strikes me as stupid.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:23 pm

umngirl wrote:
sosleepy wrote:
umngirl wrote:IMO doing a show where you are the only couple invites more issues and drama since there isn't another couple that can take the focus for an episode or two.

And I can guarantee there will be drama, whether real or manufactured. They don't make these shows to delicate a happy couple 24/7.

I'm just gonna enjoy them being knocked off this "perfect" pedestal some have of them.

I'm sure I'm guilty too... But the fan wars are kinda silly. We all like different couples for one reason or another. It shouldn't be some stupid competition, or waiting to see someone knocked off some make believe pedestal.

I definitely don't think they are perfect. I think this is a gamble, and for sure it opens them up for criticism. But I also think it will be relatively controlled. Of course there will be manufactured drama- probably circling around home renovations, wedding planning, maybe Lauren adjusting to new life. But it's not MBC, which is SPECIFICALLY about dealing with marital issues. There is a difference. None of these couples are immune to more reality tv. They've all done something or another. I'm guessing Ben/Lauren want to do this to make some $$, promote charities, keep his name out there for politics, and catapult them into their own televised wedding.

I was talking generally about people saying they are "perfect". Sure all fan groups are guilty of it but I enjoy when these fans realize they are people too and take them off the pedestal.

And now they are like all the others. I had read many say they were above more reality tv so this just proves they aren't.

JMOAA

Ben and Lauren have said themselves from the get go, they weren't closing any doors and were open to more reality tv if the right opportunity presented itself.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom