SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 46 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 46 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:51 am

I'm sure they're just fine now but there's no way this show doesn't strain their relationship imo. No drama? laugh out loud I think we might be talking about different networks than ABC. Even Trista and Ryan had that stripper situation, and that was old school. Anyway, I'm happy and I'll watch!!!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 46 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by nd4reality Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:56 am

Never a dull moment on these boards for these reality couples. Its like a drug to almost all of them. Some more than others. IMO.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:58 am

IMO doing a show where you are the only couple invites more issues and drama since there isn't another couple that can take the focus for an episode or two.

And I can guarantee there will be drama, whether real or manufactured. They don't make these shows to delicate a happy couple 24/7.

I'm just gonna enjoy them being knocked off this "perfect" pedestal some have of them.

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 46 87b72b10 fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 46 86669110 fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 46 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:00 am

YUP.

If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:01 am

lipsis wrote:IMO reality TV is the last thing to do if you want a career in politics.

Some would suggest it worked for Donald Trump... apparently if you can fake it on reality TV that qualifies you to fake it as president of the US!

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:12 am

umngirl wrote:IMO doing a show where you are the only couple invites more issues and drama since there isn't another couple that can take the focus for an episode or two.

And I can guarantee there will be drama, whether real or manufactured. They don't make these shows to delicate a happy couple 24/7.

I'm just gonna enjoy them being knocked off this "perfect" pedestal some have of them.

I'm sure I'm guilty too... But the fan wars are kinda silly. We all like different couples for one reason or another. It shouldn't be some stupid competition, or waiting to see someone knocked off some make believe pedestal.

I definitely don't think they are perfect. I think this is a gamble, and for sure it opens them up for criticism. But I also think it will be relatively controlled. Of course there will be manufactured drama- probably circling around home renovations, wedding planning, maybe Lauren adjusting to new life. But it's not MBC, which is SPECIFICALLY about dealing with marital issues. There is a difference. None of these couples are immune to more reality tv. They've all done something or another. I'm guessing Ben/Lauren want to do this to make some $$, promote charities, keep his name out there for politics, and catapult them into their own televised wedding.

Last edited by sosleepy on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:14 am

Ben has always maintained that he isn't perfect and he makes mistakes. I don't think they are worried about what this could do to their image. Sure there will probably be some kind of drama, but it will be meaningless. If there was concern that it could potentially cause a rift in their relationship, then they wouldn't have agreed to this IMO. This was well thought out and considered IMO, it's no coincidence that this begins it run in October, with Bens possible political election happening in November. I like this route much better than the exhausting DWTS, Couples Therapy, Marriage Bootcamp, and Wife Swap other couples have taken. I also find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that those couples would have turned this down if given the opportunity. Their track records speak for themselves IMO.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:18 am

laugh out loud thank goodness I have zero stake in any fan'ing going on: my favs are the most imperfect black sheep of this entire franchise and I really appreciate it. Phew!!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:20 am

Alanna wrote:laugh out loud thank goodness I have zero stake in any fan'ing going on: my favs are the most imperfect black sheep of this entire franchise and I really appreciate it. Phew!!

I'm coming around to your black sheep too! laugh out loud Sorry, off topic.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:20 am

So how is this gonna work? They're not really a REAL celebrity couple, so I'm confused as to why they're even being given a show TBH. But anyway, is this going for 1 season only? How many episodes? 5? 10? This is a bit strange. Freeform is the new ABC Family...did ABC Family ever air reality shows..?

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:22 am

Yes -- that was a joke that a girl did last week on America's Got Talent was about Trump and his reality TV background and running for President. I am excited to watch -- hope it is not too much of a trainwreck and shows some positive moments as well as any manufactured drama or "creative editing" they might whip up. At least, Ben and Lauren have a little experience with reality TV (not going into it blind) and if they are really such a popular couple--then maybe they will go a little easier on them. Fleiss definitely sees them as a "cash cow" and ratings gold and hopefully, won't want to mess that up too much. It would also be great to see that Ben and Lauren really have moved on with their lives-- hopefully the Ben should have picked JoJo will finally pretty much stop, too.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:24 am

I'm a fan of them, but I can admit that part of me is not 100% on board for having their lives filmed and continued to be scrutinized. But we haven't been a part of their conversations, we don't know what the negotiations with ABC were or the money offered. IMO, this is something that was certainly discussed with their families because of how close they are with their parents. They might have even reached out to other franchise couples.

Ben has talked about wanting to use his "fame" to increase awareness of his charity, which could be an underlying reason for doing the show.

If their communication is strong, it will get them through any drama and stress IMO. They already seem to be aware of the silliness of their bickering about home re-decorating. Money appears to be a non issue for wedding planning because it looks like ABC will be footing the bill. Communication and financial issues are 2 big reasons for arguments and stress in a relationship.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom