SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 64 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by bluwavz Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:44 pm

sosleepy wrote:Does Peyton have a degree/background in interior design or landscape? Genuinely curious, I have no idea. Ditto Chris? I was under the impression his educational background was in education, like he was a teacher, and the landscaping stuff was a family business? That he decided to go into full time after he decided he was done with the teacher thing? You know, like a lot of people do when they try different careers, especially when young? I have no idea... Just questions.

Yeah... I don't think it's a big deal at all for a girl who is in her mid 20s to play around and think about possible different career moves. She has a degree in business management, didn't like the traditional office job right out of college, so became a flight attendant for a few years while it fit her lifestyle, single, anonymous, fancy free. Then her life changed. And now she's thinking about other options and interests, what to do next. So basically she's brainstorming because she's at a crossroad. I'll go ahead and cut her a break on that one. She's always struck me as a kind, devoted, gentle person. She's passionate about her family, her friends, animals, her fiancé, her faith. Not everyone can be Rhode Scholars with it all figured out 100% at the age of 26. I'm 33 and thinking about my next career move. Whatever.

ETA: @SeekAny, per usual, you said it better than I ever could. Lauren has become a fave of mine. Can't agree more, Ben got so lucky with her.
I definitely agree with that. I'm a tad bit older than Lauren and I know the job I have now is not what I want to be doing the rest of my life and I'm looking to change that ASAP. I've never desired to be some high-powered career woman so I can relate to Lauren here. All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 64 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:47 pm

I was likening the situation of moving from one career to the next. I guess you misunderstood me. I am not likening the people. 
The point I am trying to make is making a career change usually involves work. Hard work. Nothing is too hard if the interest is there and the desire. 
My own daughter grad from a prestigious school and got a plum job with ML as a financial advisor at 22. At 24, she decided she wanted to be a teacher. She was lucky ML supported her in many ways and she went back to school, quit working, nannied and finally got her masters in EE and SE. It was not easy, but that is what she wanted and what she aimed for. 
She taught for several years, married and had a child and tutors to keep her feet wet until she can get back into the field. 
Anyone motivated enough can switch midstream.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekAny Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:50 pm

People work hard and harder still because they want more. 

Some people don't work at all and want things handed to them. 

Some people do what's necessary and trade the more for enjoying the life around them. Taking opportunities handed to them as they come. This is where I see Lauren.
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:55 pm

I wonder if Lauren's ultimate plan is for them to have a show on HGTV. I know Trista/Ryan shot a pilot for an HGTV show but nothing seems to have come from it. Personally, I wouldn't hire someone who didn't have a design background. Although it sounds like Lauran wants to go in the Interior Decorator route which isn't the same and a step down from Interior Designer. She could take those classes online if she wanted.

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 64 87b72b10 fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 64 86669110 fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 64 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:57 pm

If she were to go into interior design she would be going back to more regulated hours, lots of paper work, planning, measurements, edits and study would be required.  Lots of work and effort has to be done before she could go pick paint colors, shop and figure out placement of furniture and accessories.

I love Fixer Upper, which we know BenLo is a fan of, but Jo does a ton of work that is never seen before she is shown putting the finishing touches on a house.  And while it worked out for Chris and Peyton, he already knew landscaping and plants from the family business.  IMO, they've probably done a bit of study and gotten more certification stuff with help from HGTV/DIY to be qualified for all they do.  Not to mention they're both hard workers.  Jillian got certification, but not an actually college degree, if I'm remembering correctly.  But the point is even she had some training in addition to just having a eye for design and great work ethic.

I'm all for finding what fits and makes one happy.  Life is to short to stay in a job you don't like or aren't happy with.  That said, IMO, Lauren has no clue to what actually working in a job such as interior design or anything in the building (architecture, engineering) and construction industry entails or the amount of blood, sweat and tears go into getting those degrees and maintaining a job.  If she's serious about it, she needs to do more than just toss the idea out to the media hoping a golden ticket is handed to her.  She better put on her big girl panties and get ready to do some hard work.  JMOAA
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:58 pm

I respect everyone's right to their own opinions. I just don't see a lot of anything from Lauren. She is neither good nor bad. I just personally don't see anything in her that I find admirable.

I have struggled why I dislike this couple, because there is nothing truly objectionable about them. They are average and pretty normal. Finally reading these interviews crystallized it for me. There is just nothing of depth to find in what Lauren has presented so far. Maybe it is there and I have missed it and maybe it will come out later. For now, there is nothing for me personally to admire about her.

She is welcome to not work, many do it. It is not something that I respect. I snarked on Kaitlyn for not working, I snark on Andi for not working, if I bothered to follow Jade or read much about her I would probably snark on her too, so I will snark on Lauren as well. Fair is fair.

My opinions as always are my own and not meant to change anyone's mind.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:If she were to go into interior design she would be going back to more regulated hours, lots of paper work, planning, measurements, edits and study would be required.  Lots of work and effort has to be done before she could go pick paint colors, shop and figure out placement of furniture and accessories.

I love Fixer Upper, which we know BenLo is a fan of, but Jo does a ton of work that is never seen before she is shown putting the finishing touches on a house.  And while it worked out for Chris and Peyton, he already knew landscaping and plants from the family business.  IMO, they've probably done a bit of study and gotten more certification stuff with help from HGTV/DIY to be qualified for all they do.  Not to mention they're both hard workers.  Jillian got certification, but not an actually college degree, if I'm remembering correctly.  But the point is even she had some training in addition to just having a eye for design and great work ethic.

I'm all for finding what fits and makes one happy.  Life is to short to stay in a job you don't like or aren't happy with.  That said, IMO, Lauren has no clue to what actually working in a job such as interior design or anything in the building (architecture, engineering) and construction industry entails or the amount of blood, sweat and tears go into getting those degrees and maintaining a job.  If she's serious about it, she needs to do more than just toss the idea out to the media hoping a golden ticket is handed to her.  She better put on her big girl panties and get ready to do some hard work.  JMOAA
You stated that beautifully! Thank you!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:12 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:If she were to go into interior design she would be going back to more regulated hours, lots of paper work, planning, measurements, edits and study would be required.  Lots of work and effort has to be done before she could go pick paint colors, shop and figure out placement of furniture and accessories.

I agree with your entire post, actually. Well stated. Except to the bolded, I don't think it's fair for any of us know Lauren's expectations. I don't think we can say "Lauren has no clue," because we just don't know. I'm  sure she knows to be a real designer, it's hard work and takes training. There is nothing that she stated that made me think she thought she'd be given a golden ticket and it would be a cake walk. She simply stated that she is at a career crossroads. She's trying to figure out her next move. And interior design is something that interests her. No biggie. I'm sure her show will explore her career crossroads further. And I think this is actually a topic many can relate too. Many people don't pick out the perfect major and the best career option at the tender age of 18 and get it all right the first time. Smiley
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:14 pm

A show on Freeform AND HGTV? Airing at the same time? Or separately? They would have to be bringing in some hot ratings and/or hot something on SM for that to happen.

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:18 pm

My interests are cooking and baking but I have no aspiration to be a chef. Sometimes interests are merely hobbies and not made into a career. Lauren stated her interests not her career goals. JMO.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:21 pm

FMG2015 wrote:My interests are cooking and baking but I have no aspiration to be a chef. Sometimes interests are merely hobbies and not made into a career. Lauren stated her interests not her career goals. JMO.

It was posted in the article as the answer to her career, that is why it is being discussed as such. Now I saw the same answer to a differently phrased question, so I am not sure what the original question was. Right now her career goal is working out and posting on snap chat. JMO.

ETA from one of my previous posts

@lovebites8727 wrote:
More on their Q & A spin off and what the public would expect from their new reality show .

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/bachelor-spinoff-ben-higgins-lauren-bushnell-reality-wedding-politics-1201802526/

From this interview and all the others posted since it is all rehashing the same stuff word for word...

Lauren, what about your career and aspirations?

Lauren: Yeah, I have always had a passion for interior design, and I’m actually in the process of redoing our home. So hopefully that will be a part of the show. As a long of people in their mid-20s can probably attest to, it’s kind of one of those periods in life where you’re trying to figure out what it is you’re passionate about, what sorts of things I can see myself doing for the next 50 years, so I’m exploring all of those things.

Like I mentioned, interior design, I really have found a new interest in fashion and beauty. So I’m starting up a blog that was really just a fun idea… And a way to kind of connect with people to follow myself and Ben and want to know exactly what I’m wearing…

Ben: What Ben’s wearing.

Lauren: What Ben’s wearing. He wanted me to add that.

Last edited by stuckinsc on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:22 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I respect everyone's right to their own opinions. I just don't see a lot of anything from Lauren. She is neither good nor bad. I just personally don't see anything in her that I find admirable.  

I have struggled why I dislike this couple, because there is nothing truly objectionable about them. They are average and pretty normal. Finally reading these interviews crystallized it for me. There is just nothing of depth to find in what Lauren has presented so far. Maybe it is there and I have missed it and maybe it will come out later.  For now, there is nothing for me personally to admire about her.

She is welcome to not work, many do it. It is not something that I respect. I snarked on Kaitlyn for not working, I snark on Andi for not working, if I bothered to follow Jade or read much about her I would probably snark on her too, so I will snark on Lauren as well. Fair is fair.

My opinions as always are my own and not meant to change anyone's mind.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's all good. Ben and Lauren aren't going to do it for everyone.

Personally though, I don't find many people from this franchise incredibly deep or of substance. I actually find Lauren in the upper half in this area (again, it's The Bachelor franchise. MOST people who appear on this show and sign their lives away are about as deep as a kiddie pool.) Now I'm trying to think of incredibly deep individuals who've appeared on this show. I'm sort of drawing a blank. Lauren's better half, Ben, actually comes pretty close as one of the few who showed more substance, to me anyway. And you are who your friends are, usually. IMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom