SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 65 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by allykat Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:30 pm

Not that anyone asked, but I'm somewhere in the middle here. I'm all for someone wandering for a bit and finding out what motivates and excites them...in fact, I'm doing that right now. If she's willing to make something happen, good for her.

I also agree with whoever said her purpose might be to be by Ben's side and raise a family. And I think they are incredibly well suited to each other and very much in love. And I support people in love. So good for them for finding each other in this crazy way.

That said, the more I see of both of them post show the less I connect with either of them. It started with Ben's probable political run - maybe because I work in politics and am definitely not a Republican - then another reality show, now Lauren throwing out ideas about beauty blogs and interior design. They are just not my kind of people. And it all has an air of whimsy and entitlement, IMO, that I really don't love. That doesn't mean I don't wish them all the best and hope they make it, it just means I don't relate to them. AT ALL. Now if Lauren were to start a travel blog...that I would connect with. :yes:
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 65 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by FMG2015 Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:34 pm

Thank you stuckinsc for clarifying that for me. Point observed.
I hope she finds the right thing for her.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:41 pm

sosleepy wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:I respect everyone's right to their own opinions. I just don't see a lot of anything from Lauren. She is neither good nor bad. I just personally don't see anything in her that I find admirable.  

I have struggled why I dislike this couple, because there is nothing truly objectionable about them. They are average and pretty normal. Finally reading these interviews crystallized it for me. There is just nothing of depth to find in what Lauren has presented so far. Maybe it is there and I have missed it and maybe it will come out later.  For now, there is nothing for me personally to admire about her.

She is welcome to not work, many do it. It is not something that I respect. I snarked on Kaitlyn for not working, I snark on Andi for not working, if I bothered to follow Jade or read much about her I would probably snark on her too, so I will snark on Lauren as well. Fair is fair.

My opinions as always are my own and not meant to change anyone's mind.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  It's all good.  Ben and Lauren aren't going to do it for everyone.

Personally though, I don't find many people from this franchise incredibly deep or of substance. I actually find Lauren in the upper half in this area (again, it's The Bachelor franchise. MOST people who appear on this show and sign their lives away are  about as deep as a kiddie pool.) Now I'm trying to think of incredibly deep individuals who've appeared on this show. I'm sort of drawing a blank. Lauren's better half, Ben, actually comes pretty close as one of the few who showed more substance, to me anyway. And you are who your friends are, usually. IMO.

At one time I thought Sharleen but lately I've been starting to reconsider that one as well. cheeky
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekAny Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:45 pm

I think we all have different qualities we look for when we're weighing our thoughts and making opinions on people. My litmus test for these couples and contestants is not what careers they have but the quality of their character. On the career front Ben and Lauren are pretty neutral, on personality front pretty basic but on quality of character they're on the impressive side of the spectrum for me. 

It seems like besides snap chatting and working out Lauren is trying to make friends, create a life in Denver and cultivate a relationship that was born out of very difficult circumstances. 

This all coming from a person w a chemistry degree that immediately switched career paths after school. Sometimes at 18 you just don't know what your passions are or where you will excel. Some just go with the flow and never find it. I'm a proponent of being truly happy. If you find happiness, however that is, then somehow you've succeeded.
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:51 pm

I totally get the career change thing. I have a college degree that I don't really use since I don't plan on getting my doctorate like originally planned, and switched to a job within the USOC that I really enjoy.

Maybe it's just my perception, but I just don't see Lauren as a motivated person willing to put in the work to make a career change. I think she would rather just model clothes and makeup on social media.

JMOAA

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 65 87b72b10 fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 65 86669110 fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 65 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:59 pm

SeekAny wrote:I think we all have different qualities we look for when we're weighing our thoughts and making opinions on people. My litmus test for these couples and contestants is not what careers they have but the quality of their character. On the career front Ben and Lauren are pretty neutral, on personality front pretty basic but on quality of character they're on the impressive side of the spectrum for me. 

It seems like besides snap chatting and working out Lauren is trying to make friends, create a life in Denver and cultivate a relationship that was born out of very difficult circumstances. 

This all coming from a person w a chemistry degree that immediately switched career paths after school. Sometimes at 18 you just don't know what your passions are or where you will excel. Some just go with the flow and never find it. I'm a proponent of being truly happy. If you find happiness, however that is, then somehow you've succeeded.

So well said. Thank you. Career spectrum, I think they are both trying to figure it out. Most contestants leave The Bachelor world and kind of push the reset button to figure out what's next in life. And totally agree, most 18 year olds don't choose correctly first go. This is a struggle many can relate too. Personality wise, I'm a fan, but I'll be first to say they are kinda boring. I like their brand of boring though, their normalcy. It doesn't bother me at all. But quality of character? Both have shown themselves to me to be kind, compassionate, family oriented, loving indoviduals. Everyone who meets them, both individually and together, has wonderful things to say about them. Ben wants to use his platform to help others, to do better in this world. And Lauren is all class to me. This is the aspect that draws me the most to them.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:06 pm

I like Ben and Lauren. I think they are doing very well living their life and being part of their community.

I do agree with @Ladybug82, IMO she hasn't got a clue how much work is involved in that type of business. She has never done it. She has done some home projects. Revived an old dresser, decorating the house, can't be compared to an interior design business where there are many hours spent with the clients, then putting together a presentation and idea's.

There are so many options out there when it comes to design IMO it takes years of experience to be a competent interior designer. As long as she realizes she needs to start from the bottom up, it's all good.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:25 pm

sosleepy wrote:
SeekAny wrote:I think we all have different qualities we look for when we're weighing our thoughts and making opinions on people. My litmus test for these couples and contestants is not what careers they have but the quality of their character. On the career front Ben and Lauren are pretty neutral, on personality front pretty basic but on quality of character they're on the impressive side of the spectrum for me. 

So well said. Thank you. Career spectrum, I think they are both trying to figure it out. Most contestants leave The Bachelor world and kind of push the reset button to figure out what's next in life. And totally agree, most 18 year olds don't choose correctly first go. This is a struggle many can relate too. Personality wise, I'm a fan, but I'll be first to say they are kinda boring. I like their brand of boring though, their normalcy. It doesn't bother me at all. But quality of character? Both have shown themselves to me to be kind, compassionate, family oriented, loving indoviduals. Everyone who meets them, both individually and together, has wonderful things to say about them. Ben wants to use his platform to help others, to do better in this world. And Lauren is all class to me. This is the aspect that draws me the most to them.

You both said it better than I could and summed up my feelings perfectly. Thanks!!  

I actually was not all that excited about either of them on Ben's season. But post show have come to respect them both tremendously. They both embody strong character and seem like genuinely kind people.  I like their families and the way they have all come together. I actually give Lauren a lot of credit for picking up her life and leaving a job she really enjoyed and moving to Denver to integrate into Ben's life and explore the next job chapter for her. I don't see one iota of phoniness in either Ben or Lauren and to me that is a rarity in the Franchise. That is why I enjoy this couple so much.  Just solid salt of the earth people. I agree with those that said Ben was lucky to find Lauren. IMO they compliment each other beautifully. Neither is perfect but who is......   JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:22 pm

Maybe Lauren should call Jillian. Jill would be so helpful. Hope lauren knows what she is doing.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:50 pm

There's a reason it hasn't panned out for anyone except the ones who put in years of experience and education. I suppose she'll try it and move on to something of a better fit.

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 65 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:56 pm

There are great colleges in the Denver area. If she is really interested she could take a few interior design courses and maybe get a small job with a decorator or furniture store.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Junequilts Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:04 am

Someone has suggested that Lauren does not have a job. I knew I read this somewhere, so found it, from an interview she gave. I know a lot of people these days can work from home via the computer. Perhaps that is what she is doing.
"Glamour: Lauren, are you still working as a flight attendant?

Lauren: Yeah, I am. Instead of flying, my company has been really great working with me. I’ve been able to do stuff off the plane and still be employed. It’s just being on an airplane, it got a little bit crazy, so I’ve been taking some time off from that. Also, I’m going through one of those times in life where you reevaluate what you want to do with your life.
Junequilts
Junequilts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom