SELECT CONTENT

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 29 of 54 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 41 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 29 Empty Re: Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Beach Lover Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:20 pm

Linds911 wrote:Did anyone see her other snaps from this week? One of them showed her girls playing in the pool without floaties, and showed a time stamp of it being almost 11pm and they were still awake or at least tired but trying to stay awake. Idk some of those things made me shake my head. And yes hopefully they aren't @ that concert with her!.

Sorry for my soapbox here. I just feel like every little aspect of Amanda's parenting is being highly scrutinized lately and I just don't agree.  I saw all of Amanda's snaps this week too and nothing raised my eyebrows in the least with the girls.  But I'm also a mother of two and I know how kids can get over tired and then hyper, especially after an active day in the sun and pool, and they fight sleep.  I'm sure that's all it was that night.*IMO*  Structure is very important for kids, but there are times  when their schedule gets thrown off, especially with summer activities, a recent move, family and friends visits etc. It happens.  

As far as jumping in the pool without floaties, my kids did the same at a pretty young age.  Some might question my parenting for that but my kids were ready and their water wings began to restrict their ability to swim around the way they wanted to (both ended up competitive swimmers and lifeguards btw).  It's probably not the norm but what I have found (and in our case) when families spend a lot of time and have grown up around pools or lakes the kids often grow out of their floaties much sooner and learn to get comfortable going under water and floating on their own. The key is, and I stress this, someone must be near them at all times!!  Amanda & her kids seem to spend a lot of time at the pool & beach (they live in their swimsuits) so I feel fairly certain that those girls are getting pretty comfortable in the water and Amanda (or someone else) is always right there with them for safety.

Good to hear, Bachismyguiltypleasure, that you had a similar experience with your kids and swimming.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 29 Empty Re: Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Georgia Lindsay Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:29 pm

Big deal, no. My sister has cookouts and an inground pool. Sometimes it runs a little late, but all the children are closely supervised, and adults are in the water with them at all times. From Amanda's IG pictures, she gets in the pool with them.

May I ask, on the snap she did of them in the pool,was she NOT in the water. I don't have snapchat, so I'm not being sarcastic, just asking for clarification. Thanks.

Also, we have no idea what her child care arrangements are. She could swap out with her blonde friend who also has 2 small kids, they do a lot together. Or maybe she has  found a really good older teen babysitter or an older woman to watch them and she pays them. Plus her ex. I have a friend who has all those arrangements for her 3 kids who are under 10 yrs. old.  So we have no idea, I'm sure when not with her, they are well taken care of, just like my friend's little kids are too.

:soapbox  ALL JMO - off my soapbox tooi, Beach_Lover yes

Amanda liked Josh's tweet last night "almost there" with a sign of No. LA on 5.

Georgia Lindsay

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:36 pm

Beach Lover wrote:
Linds911 wrote:Did anyone see her other snaps from this week? One of them showed her girls playing in the pool without floaties, and showed a time stamp of it being almost 11pm and they were still awake or at least tired but trying to stay awake. Idk some of those things made me shake my head. And yes hopefully they aren't @ that concert with her!.

Sorry for my soapbox here. I just feel like every little aspect of Amanda's parenting is being highly scrutinized lately and I just don't agree with a lot of the criticism.  I saw all of Amanda's snaps this week too and nothing raised my eyebrows in the least with the girls.  But I'm also a mother of two and I know how kids can get over tired and then hyper, especially after an active day in the sun and pool, and they fight sleep.  I'm sure that's all it was that night.  Structure is very important for kids, but there are times  when their schedule gets thrown off, especially with summer activities, a recent move, family and friends visits etc. I just don't see it as cause for alarm. It happens.  

As far as jumping in the pool without floaties, my kids did the same at a pretty young age.  Some might question my parenting for that but my kids were ready and their water wings began to restrict their ability to swim around the way they wanted to (both ended up competitive swimmers and lifeguards btw).  It's probably not the norm but what I have found (and in our case) when families spend a lot of time and have grown up around pools or lakes the kids often grow out of their floaties much sooner and learn to get comfortable going under water and floating on their own. The key is, and I stress this, someone must be near them at all times!!  Amanda & her kids seem to spend a lot of time at the pool & beach (they live in their swimsuits) so I feel fairly certain that those girls are getting pretty comfortable in the water and Amanda (or someone else) is always right there with them for safety.

Good to hear, Bachismyguiltypleasure, that you had a similar experience with your kids and swimming.

Totally agree with your post ! My husband was a professional water skier when my daughter was young. Took swim survival lessons when she was three months old. Never wore floaties because she knew what to do. There was someone always supervising her at the lake. Since Amanda's kids grew up around water I bet they took lessons too. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:38 pm

Amanda didn't mention any swim program. She said her daughter refused to wear them.

Take from that what you will.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:08 pm

Depending on where you live, there are also restrictions at public pools. 
Most public pools will not allow a child into the "adult" pool whether the child can or can not swim if they are not toilet trained. No swim diapers allowed. They have a "baby" pool for that. The reasons are health codes. It's a lot easier to drain,sanitize and fill a baby pool than the adult pool. No one wants to swim with accidental feces. 
So if you do not have your own private pool, swimming lessons under the age of 3 is not often realistic or cost effective.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:11 pm

Just going by what she's sharing on Snap. Of course what I posted above is all IMO. Amanda is on the west coast like me so yes 11pm our time. She also wasn't in the water while taking the video.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 29 1f49c

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 29 8367-910 Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 29 I_got_13 Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 29 E5kqdm15 Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 29 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11973

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:13 pm

I think having to report that her kids took swim lessons would be too many characters for her snapchat.

No seriously, what I take from that is her daughter is just like my kids were. They felt restricted and wanted to swim on there own, so they threw a fit about having to wearing water wings. And they did just fine without them.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Yah @Beach Lover I'm with you... we need to give Moms a break... PSA here but the swim survival programme we used actively discouraged floaties as it keeps a child's body in an upright position which is incorrect for swimming and gives the child false confidence... Teaching a child to swim (and float on their backs) and obviously close supervision are the important in preventing tragedies. I don't mind saying that I am not in the water with my kids 75% of the time but lI am always ready to dive in if needed and watch like a hawk, they are both toddler/pre-school age but both can dive 6 ft and swim the length of our pool easily... I don't take it for granted by being less aware but I also understand why I can't judge any other Mom except the one who isn't watching!

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:16 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Depending on where you live, there are also restrictions at public pools. 
Most public pools will not allow a child into the "adult" pool whether the child can or can not swim if they are not toilet trained. No swim diapers allowed. They have a "baby" pool for that. The reasons are health codes. It's a lot easier to drain,sanitize and fill a baby pool than the adult pool. No one wants to swim with accidental feces. 
So if you do not have your own private pool, swimming lessons under the age of 3 is not often realistic or cost effective.

Actually we have several toddler swim lesson programs in my community. They're extremely popular too. The little ones just have to wear special swim diapers.

Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:27 pm

To each their own of course but we built our pool when our kids were 1 and 2 and they did the ISR swim lessons... best money I have ever spent...after 5 weeks, they both jumped (or toddled) into the deep end with jeans, fleece and uggs on...(they unassisted) flipped themselves over on their backs to float and breathe...then the 2 year old swam to the side...the 1 year old floated for 5 minutes until she got to the side... but by 18 months was swimming too... https://www.infantswim.com

Apparently it's like a bike... A skill you never forget!

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:30 pm

jen689 wrote:There are some snaps of Amanda at a concert with Becca, her bestie Robert, Emily, Hailey, Ashley I on Instagram at @beccatilleysnapchats

Is this today, Saturday or was it last night? TYIA

@BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Thanks for the info!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:35 pm

Beach Lover wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Depending on where you live, there are also restrictions at public pools. 

Actually we have several toddler swim lesson programs in my community.  They're extremely popular too.  The little ones just have to wear special swim diapers.

Read my post...the pools where I am DO NOT allow swim diapers. If you are not toilet trained, you are not allowed into the adult pool. It's a health code violation. All it takes is one fecal accident.  
I also know the area I moved from--25 yrs ago in the midwest followed the same thing. 
Same with many resorts etc., cruise lines etc. 
There are many toddler, baby swim courses all over the USA. The availability of such is not in question, IMO. Being trained to swim is a must IMO especially if you have a pool.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 54 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 41 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+77
BlackHalo
siena
pavalygurl
MiaHawk
nan27