SELECT CONTENT

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Page 55 of 67 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 55 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by Sprite Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:34 pm

@GuardianAngel Wow. I didn't know they could have that many. I thought at most they could have 2.

I just googled it and apparently it is not uncommon at all. They usually have two or four. Odd numbers are rarer, although the first time they usually have one.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 55 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:26 pm

@Sprite I know!! A few years ago we were following a live cam of a mamma bear ready to have her cubs. She had one. It was amazing. I also got hooked on bald eagles live cam in Florida. Watching the mom and dad take care of the little ones until they are ready to fly away is simply awesome.

The last two eagles left this past March. Looking forward to the next little family.

https://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html

https://www.nationaleaglecenter.org/eagle-nesting-young/

I found this new one the other day.

https://www.nefleaglecam.org/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed May 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Today I had to say goodbye to my sweet, little angel Oz.

A few weeks ago Ozzie started getting sick and I took him to the vet and they discovered he had pancreatitis. While they were checking him out they discovered a grade 5 heart murmur...out of 6. He had had his check up in January and there had been no sign so it had developed quickly. He got some meds and was good for a few weeks, but started fainting last week and went down hill fast. It broke my heart to say goodbye to him today. He hadn't had much energy lately and hadn't kissed me in a while, but today as I was holding him while waiting for the vet, he licked me a few times as if to let me know it was ok. Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 55 2262203523

Ozzie would have been 17 in September. I took this picture last fall at Bronte harbour while we were looking after my mom. It is one of my favourites. It's like he is contemplating life. Sweet boy. He will be missed.

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 55 28221810

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 01, 2019 8:43 pm

@Sprite oh my gosh, this brought tears to my eyes. I'm so very sorry. I know all about going quick, it's heart crushing.

I have no doubt he mustered all the energy he could just to kiss you to let you know it's okay or that he will be near you all the time.

What a gorgeous picture, beautiful fur baby. RIP Ozzie with all the other furbabies who crossed over.

I found this poem when I was a mess after loosing my little girl. I read this a million times. I copied and pasted it and changed "Friend" to "Mummy" and keep it on my desktop.
I'm Still Here

Friend, please don't mourn for me
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach-
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

Author Unknown
http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/stilhere.htm

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed May 01, 2019 8:45 pm

@Sprite so very sorry. It’s like loosing a piece of your heart.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri May 03, 2019 10:53 am

@Kashathediva @GuardianAngel Thank you ladies. The house feels so empty without him even though my kitty Macey is still here giving me cuddles. I didn't realize how much I scheduled things around Oz.

What a lovely poem. It's true. My Midol has been gone for years and sometimes I still get the feeling that she is still here looking over me. beatingheart

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri May 03, 2019 4:05 pm

@Sprite Tears in my eyes reading your OZ story. Hugs to you.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 55 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Discussion - Health

Post by Norcalgal Fri May 03, 2019 4:28 pm

Norcalgal wrote:Update on our cats - they have left us!  We went outside to feed them and found raccoon paw prints on the door to the workshop. It's unclear if the raccoons entered the workshop but they sure scared the heck out of the cats. We put food out in the hopes it would lure Mama and her babies back to us but we think it was eaten by the raccoons.

Living on a ranch, you see the ebb and flow of nature all the time but it isn't easy to get used to having something so cute and lovable just up and leave. We have owl boxes which house barn owls (they eat gophers - one a day!) and the mama or papa owl was grabbed in mid-flight by either a raptor or Great Horned Owl. Hubby faithfully captured gophers which he threw up on top of the owl box so the young ones would not starve. One year, hubby rescued unhatched turkey eggs after mama was killed. One egg hatched under a warming light in the workshop but died a few days later. Hubby carefully puts gopher snakes back into safe places when he finds them out and about. We actually plant beneficial 'weeds' as they encourage certain insects to find a home there and, in turn, those insects eat worms that turn into moths that build cocoons inside grape clusters which cause rot from the inside out. We worry about the clutch of baby rabbits that are so tiny and cute and just hope they can hop to safety before they are killed. And the baby ducks swimming in our pond are so dang cute but are an invitation to predators. The circle of life is seen before us every day.

I wanted to give you an update on our cat family that adopted us last summer. About 5-6 weeks after they were gone, Mama Kitty showed up and moved back into the workshop. She avoided anyplace where her kittens had been so that was a big clue they had been killed. We took her to be spayed and have her first shots. The biggest challenge was to teach our dog Indy to be nice to the cat. It took months of dedicated work. But these pictures now show their bond.

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 55 Indy__10 Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 55 Mamaki10

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 03, 2019 7:28 pm

@Norcalgal oh gosh what a lovely story and kudo's to hubby for looking after all the animals.

Mamma kitty knew exactly where to call home, so adorable.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri May 03, 2019 9:33 pm

@Norcalgal Oh that is lovely. Everyone looks so content! Congratulations.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 12, 2019 11:57 am

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 55 Images-pp-Mothers-Day

https://pet-presents.co.uk/mothers-day-pet-mum/

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 26, 2019 4:20 pm

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 55 1f60d

https://twitter.com/TacticalDogLive

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 67 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

+43
alwaystulips
pavalygurl
Kels0012
Ladybug82
Scooby