SELECT CONTENT

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Page 56 of 67 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 56 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:13 am

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 56 3806527698

https://twitter.com/Berti_and_Ernie

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 56 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:59 pm

sad

https://twitter.com/dog_rates

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:33 am

Ellie...my latest foster. She was dumped in the country at about 8 weeks old and fortunately for her, found her way to the home of one of our All Breed Canine Rescue volunteers. (We don't just rescue dogs. We do cats and the occasional rabbit or bird as well.)

We took her to the vet and she has been dewormed, flees taken care of and had her first set of shots. I'm taking her to the vet this week for her second set.

Ellie is the friendliest cat I have ever come across! As soon as she came out of the carrier she wanted to be petted and have a belly rub. She loves to play and is a purring machine!!!

Here are a couple of good shots of her. It is hard to get clear ones as she is constantly on the move!

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 56 20190911

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 56 20190910

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:33 am

Kismet and karma kitty. Very cute!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:59 pm

@Sprite she's so pretty. Thank you and everyone at the All Breed Canine Rescue for all you do.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:15 am

I thought this was interesting.

https://www.tesh.com/articles/do-you-talk-to-your-dog/

Do you ever talk to your dog? Most people do… and Dr. Alexandra Horowitz from the Dog Cognition Lab at Barnard College found that the things we say have certain patterns. For her research, she simply walked around a city and listened as people spoke to their dogs. And while a lot of people give their dogs commands - like sit and stay - Dr. Horowitz found that a lot of people talk to dogs because they really want to talk to OTHER PEOPLE! In fact, a lot of people ONLY speak to their dogs when others are around. So the dog is a social intermediary - or a middle man, or dog - who facilitates conversations between people. In other words, talking to a dog makes it easier for a stranger to strike up a conversation with a human.

And it’s not just conversations between strangers. We talk to our family, friends, and partners through our dogs. Like a husband saying to his dog, “Your mommy’s so mean tonight. You better sit over here and protect me.” Instead of telling his wife she’s being mean - he says it to the dog to soften the blow. So what Dr. Horowitz found was that when we speak to our dogs, a lot of times, what we’re trying to do is speak to the humans around us.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:50 pm

Just like a certain someone in my house. laugh out loud

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:13 pm

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 56 20191011

Well another successful foster in the books. I am happy to announce that Ellie found her forever home. She has a couple of great moms and two rambunctious boys to play with her. They were so excited to finally have her home yesterday! She, the little, rascally trooper that she is was ready to play as soon as she got out of her crate. I think she will have a terrific life ahead of her. They all just adore her...which really isn't that hard to do.

Macey spent the day looking all over the house for her. I am also going to miss the little purring machine, but in a couple of weeks Macey will be getting another little rescue friend....and he will be staying permanently!!! :Woah-hoo:

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:12 pm

@Sprite I missed the last two posts! Very glad to hear that Ellie found her forever home! Re talking to dogs, I do that all the time. He is part of my conversations daily! Smiley

What a sweet story.  Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 56 1f625  Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 56 2764

Stray dog found keeping abandoned kittens warm on side of road

CHATHAM, Ontario - A stray dog in Canada has become America's most wanted adoptable pooch after being found cuddling five kittens who were abandoned in the snow....
The dog, now named Serenity, was found on a freezing night in Ontario last weekend on the side of the road. Serenity had wrapped herself around the orphaned black kittens to keep them warm. The shelter says someone spotted the animals and an animal control officer was called to bring all 6 of them in.

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 56 Serenity-and-kittens-1
https://www.foxla.com/news/stray-dog-found-keeping-abandoned-kittens-warm-on-side-of-road?sf113529934=1

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Well it's official. The papers have been signed and today is Winston's gotchya day!!!

He came to ABCR over a year ago after his elderly owner had passed. He was in terrible shape. He had never been to the vet and had terrible allergies and one of the worst ear infections we have ever seen. Before he was handed over he had been treated with an over the counter flea medication which had burned his already sore skin. He came with open wounds which he was scratching raw. After lots of care by his foster moms, figuring out what triggered his allergies, switching to a raw diet and many vet visits, he was much improved. He was nicknamed the Walmart greeter dog because despite everything he loved meeting people and he was adopted.

Unfortunately, despite being informed about his allergy requirements and a promise to keep him on new his lamb food, the new adopters put him on kibble and shortly after, his allergies returned with a vengeance. He was returned after a month in bad shape and another ear infection. We were informed that he tried to bite the dad and was snapping. So now, along with all the other strikes against him, he had a reputation as a biter which we are obligated to inform potential adopters about.

Winston went to another set of foster parents where he has been looked after the past 11 months. I have been following his journey since he came into our rescue and mentioned being interested in him to one of our coordinators while we were at an event this summer. She was ecstatic since a now 8 year old Winston with allergies that require some expensive food and a history of snapping, was having a hard time  finding a home. I wanted to take some time after losing Oz and I wanted Ellie adopted before we gave it a go. A couple of weeks ago we finally had him come over to meet and see how he would get along with Macey the cat. He was also not used to people working and being home alone since he had always been with people who were home most of the time and we wanted to see how that would go. It took about a week, but he relaxed and settled in and had no issues with the cat, so the adoption was on.

Winston still has his issues with snapping when I try to brush him or play with his ears....which I am doing in order to test his tolerance levels...but, for the most part, he lets me do whatever I want and is very friendly with everyone. I will have to continue to monitor him and inform people as he is introduced, but as long as people are gentle, he is very sweet. I hope that he will have a long and happy life with us!!!

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 56 20191210

My photo.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Poor little guy.  He's lucky that you made the decision to be his furever home.

Any idea what breeds make up his DNA?  He's super cute!

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:12 pm

@HavaDrPepper He is a shih tzu. We suspect he may have been a puppy mill dog.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 67 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

+43
alwaystulips
pavalygurl
Kels0012
Ladybug82
Scooby