SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media -  *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 42 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by lrose Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:45 am

Seems like a lot of people have been reading the forum lately.. (mentions on IG etc.) handwave

I love reading everyones posts on here too! I had 105 notifications when I woke up the other day Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media -  *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 42 3806527698

lrose

Female Posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media -  *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 42 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:05 am

That's too funny! handwave

It's fun sleuthing and putting the pieces together - almost like a puzzle where each piece has a place to fit and putting it together.

It's not about having to be right or wrong or knowing the ending from the getgo that makes it fun but the journey of sleuthing and discussing and seeing different points of view and sharing this with each other. beatingheart That's why, for me, I love this forum because I get to do all of this with wonderful people and I much prefer it to the climate of SM where so many comments are OTT to contestants or the show, imho.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by fangirlsamuri Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:34 am

AllAboutLove wrote:That's too funny! handwave

It's fun sleuthing and putting the pieces together - almost like a puzzle where each piece has a place to fit and putting it together.

It's not about having to be right or wrong or knowing the ending from the getgo that makes it fun but the journey of sleuthing and discussing and seeing different points of view and sharing this with each other.  beatingheart That's why, for me, I love this forum because I get to do all of this with wonderful people and I much prefer it to the climate of SM where so many comments are OTT to contestants or the show, imho.

I agree with this!! It doesn't matter who gets it right/wrong in the end, it's just nice to read all the different perspectives and come together with them all! I love this forum, it honestly gets me through the week. bestbud!

fangirlsamuri

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:38 am

fangirlsamuri wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:That's too funny! handwave

It's not about having to be right or wrong or knowing the ending from the getgo that makes it fun but the journey of sleuthing and discussing and seeing different points of view and sharing this with each other.  beatingheart That's why, for me, I love this forum because I get to do all of this with wonderful people and I much prefer it to the climate of SM where so many comments are OTT to contestants or the show, imho.

I agree with this!! It doesn't matter who gets it right/wrong in the end, it's just nice to read all the different perspectives and come together with them all! I love this forum, it honestly gets me through the week. bestbud!

bestbud! It definitely isn't about being right or wrong and imo there is no right or wrong, it's about having fun at the end of the day. Even with RS for US shows or with spoilers sleuthing never ends and that's because imo it is about the shared experience and great discussions and insights gained from one another. group hug
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:50 am

https://soundcloud.com/daily-telegraph/exodus-sam-rhys-todd-matt-d-depart-as-the-bachelorette-cuts-down-the-field-s2-e10

Interesting listen. Tiffany Dunk interviews Osher every week for Daily Telegraph and has interviewed all the contestants. She talks about the final 5 towards the middle of the podcast.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:11 am

Thanks for posting the interview @Fifty yes I will be away for a while but plan to listen to it as soon as I can
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by RomComet Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:44 am

Hi, a newbie here! It's been so much fun reading these threads. I've been team Matty from the moment he asked Georgia what she was looking for before his turn on the trapeze. (As someone with a LOT of relationship experience I can tell you that's a VERY good sign) So, maybe I'm just being hopeful when I interpret the following excerpt from the recent Elle article interview with Georgia...

Interviewer: So you’ve got a Matt D, a Matty J, and now a Matteo.
Georgia: Exactly! (Laughs) There were lots of Daves last year and there’s not one this year. There’s Matteo, Matt and Matty instead.

Interviewer: At least it’s not like a show where if two contestants have the same name, one has to completely change theirs.
Georgia: Exactly! Because that would be very awkward if at the end I’ve been calling the love of my life by a different name, or a weird, made-up nickname (laughs).

...Is it just me or does anyone else think that's quite a leap Georgia just made there, from talking about nicknames to talking about "the love of my life"...unless Matty is the love of her life.

I'd call it a Freudian Slip if it was less obvious question

beatingheart
RomComet
RomComet

Female Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:52 am

RomComet wrote:
Hi, a newbie here! It's been so much fun reading these threads. I've been team Matty from the moment he asked Georgia what she was looking for before his turn on the trapeze. (As someone with a LOT of relationship experience I can tell you that's a VERY good sign) So, maybe I'm just being hopeful when I interpret the following excerpt from the recent Elle article interview with Georgia...

Interviewer: So you’ve got a Matt D, a Matty J, and now a Matteo.
Georgia: Exactly! (Laughs) There were lots of Daves last year and there’s not one this year. There’s Matteo, Matt and Matty instead.

Interviewer: At least it’s not like a show where if two contestants have the same name, one has to completely change theirs.
Georgia: Exactly! Because that would be very awkward if at the end I’ve been calling the love of my life by a different name, or a weird, made-up nickname (laughs).

...Is it just me or does anyone else think that's quite a leap Georgia just made there, from talking about nicknames to talking about "the love of my life"...unless Matty is the love of her life.

I'd call it a Freudian Slip if it was less obvious question

I'm not sure what to say there. Umm I'm too scared quite frankly to get my hopes up as i just went on a marathon write up in the F1-F6 thread thinking it may now be Lee as f1. cantstopl Mind you she said she has the F1 name in her phone as Michael so technically she is calling him by a made up name. This show will be the death of me I swear. giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by RomComet Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:23 am

...Michael starts with M :-)

I used to work in television. The producers want suspense but the last thing they want is the kind of negative blowback caused by the massive shock of the Richie/Alex reveal *IMO*. That was a mistake - letting that "stage 5 clinger" thing go so far in SM without doing enough to counter it. Alex has said "our love story wasn't shown on TV" meaning it was cut, I assume, in service of the big Nikki misdirect. The Bachette viewer numbers are down because of the legions of heartbroken fans *IMO*. Compare that to the way Australia got behind Sam/Sasha - which strengthened the franchise. Suspense/surprise are one thing but they know it does the show no favours to alienate fans by breaking their hearts. I am 100% sure they have learned from their mistakes *IMO*.

Matty is the only one with a story *IMO*. An underdog/dark horse story. It's a really good one. And he's a lovely person, according to exit interviews. Smart enough for her, too, and he makes her laugh. Lee tells Dad jokes. Matty makes life funny. (Okay now my bias is creeping in laugh out loud).

Back to producer bias: they want happy fans. You don't do that by ripping the rug out from under them completely. *IMO* There is no Lee story. He's just hot and nice. Courtney supports the Matty story. He's Matty's opposite - the reserved, hard to read one (according to the edits). The people who select the footage to air are in COMPLETE control over the stories and while they can't make a villain out of a hero or a hero out of a villain, they can and do choose how to nudge the drama this way or that, by leaving in this bit and excluding that bit and juxtaposing this clip and that reaction..

Those BTS photos of Georgia and Matty on the boat, daytime, passionately kissing with her arms wrapped around his neck during the dance lesson showed an acceleration of their relationship that is being held back from viewers, I believe, for the buildup to the FRC and point to Matty for F1 because if the goal was to misdirect everyone, they would have shown all the PDAs and not just the cute, chaste dance lesson-kisses that did make it to air.

Wow - feels good to get that all off my chest laugh out loud.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please use IMO for opinions that can't be proved as fact. TIA)

beatingheart
RomComet
RomComet

Female Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:26 am

And here we go, the oscillating feelings on reading each wonderful,post with everyone's POV.

Love it !!!!!

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_is_Eternal Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:39 am

And Michael Buble sang L.O.V.E. - one of the songs on an initial promo which featured the letters LOVE in sequence.

Plus i recalled reading somewhere that G is a Broadway fan and Osher mentioned in a FB live chat that her ipod was played on set and the playlist comprised mainly Broadway hits.

Makes sense for her to choose Michael given these possible positive associations.

And, a name that starts with M could make it easier to recover from a slip of the tongue if Matty is F1.

Plus, after the big reveal, it could be easier to go from calling him Michael, back to calling Matty?

I'm not #TeamMatty, though I like him better than Jake who I find a bit too "smooth" and practised at saying the "right things".  Really enjoying the sleuthing, which is equal parts frustrating, intriguing, thrilling and absorbing.  Love reading all the different perspectives and opinions!
Love_is_Eternal
Love_is_Eternal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:42 am

RomComet wrote:...Michael starts with M :-)

I used to work in television. The producers want suspense but the last thing they want is the kind of negative blowback caused by the massive shock of the Richie/Alex reveal *IMO*. That was a mistake - letting that "stage 5 clinger" thing go so far in SM without doing enough to counter it. Alex has said "our love story wasn't shown on TV" meaning it was cut, I assume, in service of the big Nikki misdirect. The Bachette viewer numbers are down because of the legions of heartbroken fans *IMO*. Compare that to the way Australia got behind Sam/Sasha - which strengthened the franchise. Suspense/surprise are one thing but they know it does the show no favours to alienate fans by breaking their hearts. I am 100% sure they have learned from their mistakes *IMO*.

Matty is the only one with a story *IMO*. An underdog/dark horse story. It's a really good one. And he's a lovely person, according to exit interviews. Smart enough for her, too, and he makes her laugh. Lee tells Dad jokes. Matty makes life funny. (Okay now my bias is creeping in laugh out loud).

Back to producer bias: they want happy fans. You don't do that by ripping the rug out from under them completely. *IMO* There is no Lee story. He's just hot and nice. Courtney supports the Matty story. He's Matty's opposite - the reserved, hard to read one (according to the edits). The people who select the footage to air are in COMPLETE control over the stories and while they can't make a villain out of a hero or a hero out of a villain, they can and do choose how to nudge the drama this way or that, by leaving in this bit and excluding that bit and juxtaposing this clip and that reaction..

Those BTS photos of Georgia and Matty on the boat, daytime, passionately kissing with her arms wrapped around his neck during the dance lesson showed an acceleration of their relationship that is being held back from viewers, I believe, for the buildup to the FRC and point to Matty for F1 because if the goal was to misdirect everyone, they would have shown all the PDAs and not just the cute, chaste dance lesson-kisses that did make it to air.

Wow - feels good to get that all off my chest laugh out loud.

You're confusing me..if i could post a gif of someone running around crazy confused I would because thats me right now. I really don't know what to think so I may just need to wait for Lee's second date and see how the chemistry progresses from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+43
anadimi23
richmond1
lightredemption
coconutgurl
Joy15
Just Looking
solaroo
RomComet
notarose
Cetamy
BlackHalo