SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 43 of 80 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media -  *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by brownravens Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:44 am

RomComet wrote:...Michael starts with M :-)

I used to work in television. The producers want suspense but the last thing they want is the kind of negative blowback caused by the massive shock of the Richie/Alex reveal *IMO*. That was a mistake - letting that "stage 5 clinger" thing go so far in SM without doing enough to counter it. Alex has said "our love story wasn't shown on TV" meaning it was cut, I assume, in service of the big Nikki misdirect. The Bachette viewer numbers are down because of the legions of heartbroken fans *IMO*. Compare that to the way Australia got behind Sam/Sasha - which strengthened the franchise. Suspense/surprise are one thing but they know it does the show no favours to alienate fans by breaking their hearts. I am 100% sure they have learned from their mistakes *IMO*.

Matty is the only one with a story *IMO*. An underdog/dark horse story. It's a really good one. And he's a lovely person, according to exit interviews. Smart enough for her, too, and he makes her laugh. Lee tells Dad jokes. Matty makes life funny. (Okay now my bias is creeping in laugh out loud).

Back to producer bias: they want happy fans. You don't do that by ripping the rug out from under them completely. *IMO* There is no Lee story. He's just hot and nice. Courtney supports the Matty story. He's Matty's opposite - the reserved, hard to read one (according to the edits). The people who select the footage to air are in COMPLETE control over the stories and while they can't make a villain out of a hero or a hero out of a villain, they can and do choose how to nudge the drama this way or that, by leaving in this bit and excluding that bit and juxtaposing this clip and that reaction..

Those BTS photos of Georgia and Matty on the boat, daytime, passionately kissing with her arms wrapped around his neck during the dance lesson showed an acceleration of their relationship that is being held back from viewers, I believe, for the buildup to the FRC and point to Matty for F1 because if the goal was to misdirect everyone, they would have shown all the PDAs and not just the cute, chaste dance lesson-kisses that did make it to air.

Wow - feels good to get that all off my chest laugh out loud.

@RomComet this is such a great post! You totally articulated my feelings about the producers/edit/storyline in the best way possible!
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media -  *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by LovingLove Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:50 am

brownravens wrote:
RomComet wrote:...Michael starts with M :-)

I used to work in television. The producers want suspense but the last thing they want is the kind of negative blowback caused by the massive shock of the Richie/Alex reveal *IMO*. That was a mistake - letting that "stage 5 clinger" thing go so far in SM without doing enough to counter it. Alex has said "our love story wasn't shown on TV" meaning it was cut, I assume, in service of the big Nikki misdirect. The Bachette viewer numbers are down because of the legions of heartbroken fans *IMO*. Compare that to the way Australia got behind Sam/Sasha - which strengthened the franchise. Suspense/surprise are one thing but they know it does the show no favours to alienate fans by breaking their hearts. I am 100% sure they have learned from their mistakes *IMO*.

Matty is the only one with a story *IMO*. An underdog/dark horse story. It's a really good one. And he's a lovely person, according to exit interviews. Smart enough for her, too, and he makes her laugh. Lee tells Dad jokes. Matty makes life funny. (Okay now my bias is creeping in laugh out loud).

Back to producer bias: they want happy fans. You don't do that by ripping the rug out from under them completely. *IMO* There is no Lee story. He's just hot and nice. Courtney supports the Matty story. He's Matty's opposite - the reserved, hard to read one (according to the edits). The people who select the footage to air are in COMPLETE control over the stories and while they can't make a villain out of a hero or a hero out of a villain, they can and do choose how to nudge the drama this way or that, by leaving in this bit and excluding that bit and juxtaposing this clip and that reaction..

Those BTS photos of Georgia and Matty on the boat, daytime, passionately kissing with her arms wrapped around his neck during the dance lesson showed an acceleration of their relationship that is being held back from viewers, I believe, for the buildup to the FRC and point to Matty for F1 because if the goal was to misdirect everyone, they would have shown all the PDAs and not just the cute, chaste dance lesson-kisses that did make it to air.

Wow - feels good to get that all off my chest laugh out loud.

@RomComet this is such a great post! You totally articulated my feelings about the producers/edit/storyline in the best way possible!

Couldn't agree more. While I don't want to get excited too early if he's not F1, because I'll be heart broken, I see something in their romance that isn't in the others. He challenges her. I don't feel like she has to do all the work, because like she said, he always brings stuff to the table. And the fact that all the kisses we've seen of them have been initiated by her makes me feel like she is definitely feeling the spark with him now (how could she not!! Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media -  *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 43 1105969562 )
LovingLove
LovingLove

Back to top Go down

Post by romance realist Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:58 am

Yep great and VERY reassuring post @RomComet
for fans of Matty J and fans of the romantic story coming first

romance realist

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:17 am

Jmo but the editors are not in the business of showing the love story but the romance story. So if the viewers see a romantic story it's because it's been peppered with edit nuggets that create the romance. As per almost all the seasons I have watched in the us version.

The love story with f1 is entirely different, it's there but without embellishments. And therefore harder to find.

Classic example of this was Brad 2.0 where the board was gaga over Chantal's romance with Brad. She was actually never supposed to be in the f2 till ash h walked. But the viewers. " saw " her romance loud and clear.
Jmo and cautionary tale with this editing gremlin.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:19 am

romance realist wrote:Yep great and VERY reassuring post @RomComet
for fans of Matty J and fans of the romantic story coming first

I would also dearly love this to be true.  However, the one thing I keep coming back to as a reason for it NOT to be Matty is the editing of the voicelines in the preview, where we hear Matty saying 'I just cannot fault you' and then Georgia immediately saying 'I love you soooo much'.  

You can kind of tell they are recorded from separate conversations, but by splicing them together like that it makes it sound like a direct interaction, which they must know will lead people to assume assume F1 is Matty.  That just seems like too much of a spoiler right at the very beginning.  

There was a woman on Facebook saying how 'obvious' the voicelines made it and people were idiots if they didn't pick up on it.  I just can't see the producers being that transparent, unless it's a double mis-direction, dropping a clue which is so brazen it makes us think the opposite....??? dizzy
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by nylonvagabond Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:27 am

I believe the full line is "I can't fault you at all - you're perfect" without skipping a beat.

We always talk about that line but what about the one right before? "It was just so obvious - you're the one". IMO this is a line at the f1 ceremony.

I also want to include how much Georgia includes the slow burn in her interviews without prompting. She has mentioned several times that she's worried the nation will hate her like what happened to Richie and Alex so perhaps it's a way to say...hey...im giving you a taste of what's to come so it does not feel like it's coming completely out of left field!

nylonvagabond

Back to top Go down

Post by lrose Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:53 am

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/bachelorette-georgia-love-reveals-pros-and-cons-of-her-final-five/news-story/5d767955d73be1c5babdf6f28f6039d9

So just found this article and thought I would post here. It is quite interesting so far (haven't read it all yet)
G says a lot in this about the final 5 guys
giggling  Smiley

lrose

Female Posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by LovingLove Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:05 am

lrose wrote:http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/bachelorette-georgia-love-reveals-pros-and-cons-of-her-final-five/news-story/5d767955d73be1c5babdf6f28f6039d9

So just found this article and thought I would post here. It is quite interesting so far (haven't read it all yet)
giggling  Smiley

Really interesting. From that I'm ruling out Lee as F1 (and obviously Cam as sleuthed) She's nice about Lee but nothing in that says he's the love of her life. Could be Jake, Matty or Courtney. Her comment at the start about how she loves hearing what he says when she's not there and that she loves watching their relationship progress has me leaning towards Matty (and possibly Jake), as Courtney doesn't say much that's great about her when she's not there. IMO
LovingLove
LovingLove

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:17 am

LovingLove wrote:
lrose wrote:http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/bachelorette-georgia-love-reveals-pros-and-cons-of-her-final-five/news-story/5d767955d73be1c5babdf6f28f6039d9

giggling  Smiley

Really interesting. From that I'm ruling out Lee as F1 (and obviously Cam as sleuthed) She's nice about Lee but nothing in that says he's the love of her life. Could be Jake, Matty or Courtney. Her comment at the start about how she loves hearing what he says when she's not there and that she loves watching their relationship progress has me leaning towards Matty (and possibly Jake), as Courtney doesn't say much that's great about her when she's not there. IMO

Everything I read about Lee honestly makes me feel as though he's Bach or auditioning for Bach 17!
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:23 am

It just goes to show how we watch and read something and come away thinking differnt things.

I still see Lee f1 from what she says. Her Con for him was his age and about settling down with kids immediately etc. but inactual fact both in the show they discussed that was not the case at all. And Ina n article it was mentioned that he only wanted to date the article was saying beware G! Turns out that is exactly what she wants. They are on the same page as usual. Haha.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:42 am

I can't make a screencap right now but has the rose ceremony where Georgia has her hair in ponytail and is crying about this being hard happened yet? It was in the season preview but I can't recall it happening yet.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Welcomeparty! @RomComet

Just to add: the show is now produced by the US and IMO, I think that Richie's season was edited deliberately the way it was to get Nikki to be the possible Bachelorette. TWT next year if that is the case.

Also, this show is not in the business of making fans happy, they are in the business of making money. Now, their ratings may not have been as good as last year, but that may or may not be attributed to the edit or something else - no way to know for sure. Georgia's season has had little drama but the ratings are even lower so again, I don't think the lack of drama or an emphasis on a love story is causation or correlation at this point.

When it comes to posts, unless there are facts, please be sure to add IMO when stating opinion vs. fact. TIA yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 80 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+43
anadimi23
richmond1
lightredemption
coconutgurl
Joy15
Just Looking
solaroo
RomComet
notarose
Cetamy
BlackHalo