SELECT CONTENT

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Page 21 of 75 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 48 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 21 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:32 am

*edit*

Best of luck to Luke in his career.  I hope he really becomes a successful musician and carries on loving his life.  I love that he called this an unanswered prayer and I'm sure he'll meet many more women who are suitable for him in his day to day than he would have as lead.  I hope he moves on from these Bachnation events and people totally to be honest.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : keeping on topic)

Back to top Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 21 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Post by albean99 Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:03 am

I just listened and thought what all 3 guys said was fine. They're allowed to have an opinion. Luke has a problem with TPTB and not the new Bachelor imo. It's just too bad he believed them when they basically lied to him. He should have kept scheduling gigs. Hopefully being on the show will help him get out his music.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:16 am

I didn't sense any bitterness from all three. Their answers were fine.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Frymama Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:57 am

I have been lead to believe that the iHeart appearance was from Wells' connections to iHeart since he is a DJ in Nashville for one of their station. As I understand it, Wells and iHeart gathered those folks due to Wells' connection to Bachelor franchise and iHeart. Based on the people there, that makes sense to me completely. I think that Jo Jo/Jordan and Ben/Lauren were probably there for ABC as most recent couples and because Ben/Lauren have their show coming out. I am not 100% sure this is true, but it was mentioned and made total sense to me based on the fact that I would think ABC/Bach show probably wouldn't have wanted Luke there per their event planning due to the tension between both parties in recent weeks. Probably not worth "sleuthing", but I would be very interested to know if this was a contractual invitation or invitation from Wells/iHeart. If anyone else has any other info. on this, I would love to know.
Frymama
Frymama

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:07 pm

Maybe @Frymama however in the past there have been many former contestants invited to iHeart so whether it was Wells connection or not, I'm sure there would have been some Bachelor people there. Nick and Becca were there last year, and I can't remember who else.

ETA: oh yeah how could I forget, quick google search Josh and his then g/f and Nick at the same event.

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 21 Rs_1024x759-150921120312-1024-the-bachelor-iheartradio-mv-92115

http://www.eonline.com/photos/210/party-pics-las-vegas/520248

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Wells, like Molly probably got to go as a perk for work.  But I tend to think Wells being there was probably a perk of both work and ABC.  I don't think Wells alone got them all there.  Maybe he used an extra pass or two and/or connections from his station for a couple that ABC didn't directly ask.  But I tend to think most were there as a result of their connection to the show and in turn ABC, not Wells.  JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:43 pm

Frymama wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
alwaystulips wrote:I didn't get a sour grapes, angry or upset vibe from Luke. He was pretty chill, really. Dude is over it IMO

Thank you for posting the link and I didn't get a sour grapes, angry or upset vibe from Luke either.  He was smiling and fine the whole time IMO.

IMO, it is also worth noting that Chase was asked the question first, and he started poking fun at Nick's being chosen first in the way he answered it.  And, while they were leading Chase on, too, it appears, he wasn't being strung along and PROMISED that he was lead as Luke was.  Luke said that he asked them multiple times:  "Am I going to be Caila'd.  Are you going to do with me what you did to Arie and Caila.  If you don't want me to be lead and you are playing me, just let me go.  That is fine with me, and I can just get back to my life and projects in Nashville."  He said they repeatedly told him right until just a few days before:  "No, Luke.  You are our guy, and you always have been.  You will hear/are hearing other names and clues being thrown out there....but don't pay attention to that.  That is just what we have to do to keep the suspense."  He said he had finally gotten to the point where he quit being skeptical and that it was really going to happen since he had literally checked into his flight...and then he gets the 10:00 p.m. call before flying out the next morning.  Then, in the last couple weeks Chris Harrison does a 3rd interview claiming:  "This was not an indictment on Luke..we would really like him to still be the Bachelor or on BIP...but...sincerity is really important to us.  We just kept coming back to Nick that he was most sincere in really finding love.  And, we just started to question Luke's sincerity and why he was here."  So, yeah, if I were Luke, I would be a lot angrier, sarcastic, etc. than he was in that interview or has been.  He is a better person than I for sure. And, again, they were all 3 put in a very tough situation by Ben when he asked that question.  When watching, to me, I saw that Luke felt pretty uncomfortable about answering that question by his body language.  But, he was just trying to be as honest as he could in the moment.  I have heard Nick make fun of himself several times or seen it in an interview.  The show was even using graphic in promotion:  "No longer the Runner-Up".  So, I don't see Luke's comment/tone any worse than what Nick, some of his friends, Bach alum, and show has said about it.  And, it is just about 3 weeks since it happened...still pretty early.   ALL JMO

Thanks for the recap frymama.
Luke impresses me as someone to whom integrity and loyalty would be core issues. Given what you outlined, I can understand why he would be pissed.
But being 'right' or 'justified' often doesn't play well in the media (just look at our election!!). Unfortunately people can spin facts anyway they like. no no Once you're in the game (make any kind of statement) it can be twisted to anyone's liking.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Kashathediva wrote:This is the show. This is what they do.
A huge indicator of who TPTB are, should be when the cast person gets to the contractual clause that states(paraphrased) we can portray you any which we we please, including making you look like a dandified donkey. (paraphrased).
I don't know about anyone else, but if I saw a demeaning clause in a contract I was about to sign, I would run in the opposite direction. Then to come back and consider signing it again???  This was not Luke's first rodeo with TPTB.
Fool me once--shame on you. Fool me twice--shame on me.
Luke was not the first and won't be the last.
Cast need to familiarize themselves with the fable of the scorpion and the frog. Beware the scorpion.

OMG Kasha. That is the BEST phrase EVAAAAAAAAAAA!! yes
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:45 pm

mindless wrote:Yeah, there are enough precedents by now to know that nothing is certain until they announce your name to the public. If you can't risk a blindside then run in the opposite direction. They've been doing this for several seasons now. They even dragged Britt along for the first night just to humiliate her, since if the rumours are true, they made certain Kaitlyn would win the vote. Last year Nick took an extended leave from his job because he was in the running and I suspect they told him he'd get a shot at DWTS if not the Bachelor. Both those gigs fell through, but I don't remember a word of complaint from him, just one tweet expressing disappointment after the final DWTS cast was announced. He didn't burn any bridges, instead made the best of it, and now a year later he's the Bachelor. If there's one thing you can say about Nick, it's that he knows how to play the game. Sounds like Luke doesn't if he was already giving them a hard time during negotiations and went straight to the tabloids after getting axed. I guess he doesn't care if he's done with the franchise but I think he's just reinforcing their decision with his actions.

Yes, yes yes! :yes:
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:41 pm

***Please use multi-quotes instead of separate posts in a row.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Frymama Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:56 pm

Great interview with Luke on Extra Facebook Live just now:

https://www.facebook.com/extra

Luke Pell Interview with Hannah from Extra
Frymama
Frymama

Back to top Go down

Post by Frymama Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:05 pm

Sorry for double post, but no one else seems to be posting in here right now.  

Here is a great interview with him that includes audio.  During Interview Luke clarifies that he was at iHeart based on invitation from that station and not there per official Bachelor-franchise appearance per contract.  Now, Jo Jo/Jordan and Ben/Lauren could have been there based on show's contract, but Luke said the others were invited by iHeart, etc.  This had been discussed up-thread, so I thought it was good to add here.  

http://www.rickey.org/the-bachelorette-star-luke-pell-performs-new-song-talks-love-life-audio/298172/
Rickey Reality TV Website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmHnTHyHSSU&feature=youtu.be
Country 101 Segment with Hannah Kahn on ExtraTV

Appearance on Nashville Today on 10/3 where he sang to original songs he wrote.  One is on "hold" by Darius Rucker and he might put on next album.  In another performance he mentioned he finished writing based on experiences during filming of show; while filming 'Ette he sang it to Jo Jo at some point although it didn't air on show.  

http://www.wsmv.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=12777244#.V_LtFlFpmpY.twitter
WSMV Nashville NBC Ch. 4 (Nashville Today)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfBh1HMSr6M
Or Country Concerts-YouTube

Published on Sep 18, 2016
Luke Pell from ABC's The Bachelorette, performing "Just Like That" a song he wrote with Brandon Kinney at Carl Black Chevrolet's song writer's series.
Frymama
Frymama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 75 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 48 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

+94
notarose
limoncello
Idlemess
KB_Mom
BlackHalo