SELECT CONTENT

Lee Elliott - Guy #3 in 1st Promo Video - The Notebook Date guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

stylist - Lee Elliott - Guy #3 in 1st Promo Video - The Notebook Date guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 19 Empty Re: Lee Elliott - Guy #3 in 1st Promo Video - The Notebook Date guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by LynnTa Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:56 pm

AA I'm with you regarding the goodbye kiss. It looks like she was in a hurry to leave. Her kiss with Jake showed more feeling imo. It was a lingering one and she looked like she didn't want to leave. I'm starting to think Jake wins.
The visit with Lee felt waaay too chatty about nothing important and we didn't get to see what G &L did during the day portion of the visit. To me it felt like Lee was shown as MOT guy. He could leave at F3 & maybe be the next Lead and if they have increased the age limit to 40years for the next Bachelor that could be a clue that they are thinking of Lee being the next Bach.

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

stylist - Lee Elliott - Guy #3 in 1st Promo Video - The Notebook Date guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 19 Empty Re: Lee Elliott - Guy #3 in 1st Promo Video - The Notebook Date guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by nd4reality Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:57 pm

Dun dun dun ....could it be the classic hidden F1 ?

In the us versions in the past (prior to brad 1.0 the "old days") when they wanted to hide a relationship they simply cut if off in editing. And ensured that the non F1 had plenty of screen time.

Its strange that even Courtney and Jake got more time than he did since neither made it to f2.

Though as I said elsewhere, this is what is giving me some pause since its really odd that he is so hidden and is getting so little screen time. This of course tells me that he is not in the running for next lead which I did not think he was.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:03 pm

Just Looking wrote:Loved his HTD but Their goodbye kiss was so quick and not loving at all. I'm confused now

I thought their whole date seemed more loving and frankly, more mature. He had a coffee ready for her and flowers. None of the others got her anything. It was also the only one where the guy was shown holding her in front of the family...they had their arms around each others back while talking to the family. Matty's sister practically pushed Georgia out of the way and into the flower pot in the hall while trying to get to him. That whole greeting was mighty awkward and demonstrated that Matty is still a bit immature in some respects and has some growing up to do. Lee couldn't seem to take his eyes off of Georgia. He seemed to be looking at her all through dinner.

I will admit that the goodbye kisses with Matty and Jake both seemed longer, but at the same time, the one with Lee seemed odd in the sense that there seemed to be some splicing and dicing during it. Honestly, I didn't see anything to be worried about. Go with your gut. This is the time when those editors earn their money.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:09 pm

nd you have a point. why hide the next lead? more exposure would make for greater viewership.
I'm just a little bummed, I thought it would be him.

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:15 pm

My gut still says Lee as F1. But I have not watched the HTD and based on all your feedback am concerned about the short shift he got.

What I also do suspect happened is they got on like a house on fire. And they found even more commonality in people they knew and places they love.

I am an immigrant and have a lot of folks living in the same church parish here that have immigrated from the suburb I grew up in. Folks that I went to school with, who were neighbors, acquaintances and relatives friends from back home. I feel way more comfortable with them than new friends and people just because they are almost like family or could have been family to me. Not sure if that makes sense but G and Lee probably have a lot of that already in place. I'd bet the editors cut a lot of that stuff out, if he is eventual f1.
JMO.

iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Apologies for the long post. What's weird to me is that Lee was emphasized the most out of the F3 before the show aired... he was the only one in the promo video, only one who has a pic of him on the official accounts, in the heading photos of articles about the show, etc.

Also, Lee was emphasized a lot on the first episode (as summarized below from upthread)
AllAboutLove wrote:Rewatching the first episode and a lot of things standing out about Lee that I didn't notice before, so making a running list and will update:

1) in the very beginning of the epsiode, Lee is one of three guys shown (Cam first, then Matty, then Lee) and Lee shown right before Georgia is shown
2) Lee's M&G is different from any all the other guys the way it is edited:
- just before it goes to commercial, lee is shown arriving with the donkey....
- then commercial break....
- then back from commercial break and Lee shown with his entrance....
- then after his M&G, the camera pans to an aerial view of mansion...
So it almost seems like Lee's M&G was framed by commercial and then aerial view to really make it stand out, especially since after the aerial view there are a MOT guys who have montage arrival.
3) Lee shown saying "I think she's legitimately looking for love... let's hope it's one of us"
4) Lee shows the donkey Chelsea to the guys and Ben shown in PI saying it is amazing but Jake talking about Lee in PI and his puns and says "who thinks that kind of sh*t, he[Lee] obviously did" which I though was really rude of Jake, imo (and may tie into what he said post-show)
5) Camera pans a LOT to Lee when FIR is talked about by Osher and also when Georgia is talking at CP
6) When Georgia tells all the men "I really am looking for the love of my life and I am hoping he is sitting or standing here in front of me right now" and Lee is shown standing (next to Matty J) and one of the guys jokes "standing" (which is interesting the camera angle they chose to show given Lee and Matty shown standing)
7) Lee shown in PI talking about how to try get time with Georgia and how wouldn't say to your mate, hey it's my turn in 2 minutes (so it seems like from the beginning he was struggling a bit with cutting in and part of his edit later on when he said in Ep 7 that he regretted not talking to G at the CP)
8) shown talking to GL at CP and walking her back to the guys afterwards
9) got the first rose at RC

Lee also got the 3rd SD and most passionate kiss shown for first-kiss as well as new music for it (and F1-music for his 2nd SD kiss). Since the first episode Lee always had VOs, PIs, and ITMs about Georgia and his story-arc that was brought around in his 2nd SD talking about the very things he was struggling with and shown during the whole season thus far.

So what is odd to me after this week, is that Lee has been emphasized pre-season, beginning of season and then just in the past episodes not shown as much. So it could be that they changed their edit (especially if Matty is F1) due to the backlash for Richie's season? 

If Lee is F2, then I think their emphasis on him was for next lead (like with Nikki) but perhaps not wanting the same backlash (Georgia saying so herself) they are editing him differently now in the past few episodes and so will give him an edit where it seems like he is as not invested in Georgia? 

Which is odd considering he specifically told Georgia he is so scared of being hurt and then reiterated this sentiment again about being afraid of getting hurt during HTD (his mom saying it too) so hiding him seems odd. As does the obstacles that Georgia mentioned since they aren't obstacles at all given they are the exact same page with regards to relationships. 

Something just seems off though because Georgia telling Lee's mom that what she feels for Lee is indescribable and that she was the most nervous going to his HTD as she was the first night of the filming and wanting to make the best impression (which is what a lot of leads are like for their F1). So it feels confusing to me now with Lee getting less time for his HTD and things cut short.

Thoughts? question
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:12 pm

That running list (thanks AA) is the standard edit for F1 and that's why I was so sure Lee is F1--- now this HTD is messing with my thought process. Could it be that they wanted to have more time for drama (Courtney's date) at the expense of Lee's since G&L didn't have any issues to discuss?
I read some where that the ratings weren't that good so could it be that they did some midseason re-editing to insert some drama?

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:18 pm

nd I am an immigrant too & I hear you. G& L have so much in common,she even said it was looking in the mirror! Seeing them together they look so natural.He might be reserved but she is outgoing enough for the both of them( almost like a JP & Ashley vibe)
Could it be that she just can't get over the age issue?

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:24 pm

I'm curious if the general viewing public is noticing the Lee is getting shifted or are the viewers (not from this board) fine ? That would be an interesting statistic I think to know.

Lee has a couple of non-negotiables one of which is his age which come what may, though he may wish it - he cannot change. G knows that so if that was her criteria he should have been out with the masses around episode 4.
The other is his introverted side which she is learning about. I said this before that despite being so similar that even she cannot get over it, that is their difference which could only be a good thing.
Two hyper active creatures would drive each other bonkers, particularly when both have the same sense of humor and ways of thinking. IMO of course.

At the end of the day she will pick who she likes the most and tbth both these guys are gold.
IMO.

nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:25 pm

LynnTa wrote:That running list (thanks AA) is the standard edit for F1 and that's why I was so sure Lee is F1---  now this HTD is messing with my thought process. Could it be that they wanted to have more time for drama (Courtney's date) at the expense of Lee's since G&L didn't have any issues to discuss?
I read some where that the ratings weren't that good so could it be that they did some midseason re-editing to insert some drama?
ITA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], IMO they were saving the bulk of the screen time for Courtney, and all the drama that was coming with him. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a great date and found that their lives could be easily combined in Melbourne, but there's no excitement to be had there, so it just wasn't shown.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:51 pm

Sprite wrote:
LynnTa wrote:I'm just so frustrated! Why was his HTD so short? We know they spent the whole day together and all they showed was 10mins!  I really don't know what to think of it anymore. I'm still on the Lee train and I'm not happy at all that screen time is so limited. Is it because there is overwhelming evidence that he is F1 or its because there is none?
I can't help but wonder what was said between them on his 2nd SD but I thought he was kind of different on the singing GD. He looked more upbeat and very relaxed and very happy imo.
Their connection makes more sense to me. They seem to be on the same page.
Oh well I hope he becomes the next Bachelor if he isn't the one

I got a chance to watch the HTDs and while I really enjoyed the whole episode, there were some things about Lee's date that stood out for me.

After the initial grilling, his HTD seemed to me to be the one where she was the most relaxed and the family seemed to embrace her most readily. This was also the only date where she expressed concern that the family reaction to her might veto her chances with the contestant. It also seemed to be the date where she asked questions about him and was again concerned that she wasn't his usual type...a blonde. (I discount Courtney's date since the whole thing was one big walking question.) Overall, this seemed to be the date that she was the most concerned about making a good impression on...at least to me it was.

IA
. Just copying what I wrote in the episode thread here

by see2love Today at 1:51 pm

I have watched all the dates except Courtney's and I am now more than convinced after HTDs that Lee is F1. Absolutely!

I watched Georgia the whole time as I have other Leads instead of the contestants or family members. She was very very defensive when Matty's sister voiced her concerns. Her shoulders were rigid.

With Jake, I believe he would have gone at F4 if Courtney hadnt pulled an Olena. For someone she has she has good chemistry with for her to not even lean in when he pulled the smooth "behind her back" move was pretty telling. I am afraid Jake has fallen behind. Georgia liked his family and his mum is lovely. This home visit actually endeared me to Jake more.

Now with Lee
There is just an ease and it is so natural with them. Everything just flows.
The fact that she was as nervous as the first day speaks volume.
When Lee's mum brought up the other guys and Lee getting hurt, Georgia wasnt defensive like she had been on Matty's and Jakes's dates. Nope. She actually leaned into Lee's mum and talked it out so much that his mum felt really comfortable.
She explained rather than be defensive almost trying to make the mum understand. I have seen many many Leads do this during HTDs. Sam W, Frosty, Tim R, and the American Leads as well.

Where does Lee stand out? her response reminded me of Ben H to Lauren's parents, the indescribable. It is indescribable because she cant tell the whole story right there and then. She didnt say the same things she has mastered saying about the other guys"He makes me feel special"

MHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:57 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:If there weren't pics of Lee in Singapore, and if only F2 are in Singapore, I would honestly think that Lee could be F3.

That they are cutting things shorter and not showing things with Lee... how does that make Lee be seen as a viable F1? Don't they usually make it seem like the F2 could very much be the F1 but emphasizing things rather than editing them out?

scratch

IA. It sure looked like things had gone backwards for Georgia after their HTD. It looked like she couldn't wait to get away and she didn't turn around to look at Lee like she did with Matty and Jake. With Richie's season, it was after HTDs that I realised Nikki wasn't going to be F1 and that it would be Alex mainly because of their goodbye. I have to say now for me Matty is F1. It's a very frustrating and confusing show IMO!

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Lee Elliott - Guy #3 in 1st Promo Video - The Notebook Date guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+30
Goheather
coconutgurl
4health
LovingLove
Seabear
Dirty Street Pie
LynnTa
brownravens
lrose
Sundy
Just Looking