SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 17 of 67 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TeamSunshine - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 17 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Newto Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:45 am

I turned it off after the first hour; I thought it was awful. BIP has descended into nothing more than a hook-up show, and I don't need to waste my time on that kind of thing. I think they all ought to go home......JMHO.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

TeamSunshine - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 17 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:17 am

Caila and Jared were definitely cute. I loved hearing all the comments from others how Jared lit up, how he got a huge smile to his face right when Caila arrived. The hints of real conversation, Caila talking about living around the world was refreshing, and their date was great.
Sucks for Emily, but I lost all sympathy for her when she chose to trash Caila and kept on praising Jared. He's the one who had a connection with Emily and chose to pursue things with Caila instead.  If he was interested in Emily he would've turned Caila down. He had no issue not faking it with Jubilee. I think Jared is actually a good guy, not just a 'good guy', the way he handled things with Emily, and the fact that he hasn't taken advantage of AshleyI speak volumes, IMO.

Amanda is just stupid. She's told that the guy she's known for a week was supposedly verbally abusive towards his ex, and she just doesn't care. Who cares, just bring the guy around her 2 little girls. Josh did portray some controlling behaviour even in this episode, questioning how Amanda dared to like Evan. All red flags, but she doesn't care.

AshleyI is going to be ridiculous, AGAIN. And this show is FOS  with their cultural appropriation and straight up misleading racism. Whose bright idea was the 'Azteks kidnap a virgin in order to sacrifice her'? Made me want to scream.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:04 am

sosleepy wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:This is why I didn't want Caila back on this sh!t show. First Emily with her catty comments now the wrath of Ashley I.nsane

Caila to Jared: Do you ever think you could walk away from it all? (Maybe about Paradise, but also about the franchise).

Jared: Definitely.

So much drama. But these two will do the rational thing and Peace Out into real life. I love that for them!
I read a bit here people gushing over Caila and I didn't know what's the "fuss" about (Ben's season wasn't of my interest) ... but seeing her with Jared I think these 2 found each-other. A guy who lights a candle for having nice scent in the room when he's watching TV and a girl who on the first glance is really sweet and positive (unlike Amanda's sweetener) that kinda tries to live her own "notebook movie" ... romance perfection.
And I'm glad finally seeing Jared having some spark, going for it.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:30 am

lleyki wrote:Nick casually sitting back amused while telling Ashley that Jared will never be hers, while Ashley responds in full Ashley ugly-cry dramatics, is one of the funniest things I've seen on this show. Tomorrow's episode looks like it is a trip.

I really think they are testing the waters for Nick as the next lead.

I actually think it was to set up Jen showing up and their relationship throughout the season, which is interesting since per RS's spoilers they decide to split at the end while Josh and Amanda get engaged. Because so far the edit has not been kind to the engaged couple, especially Evan and Carly and Josh and Amanda. But maybe that's because despite deciding not to get engaged, Nick and Jen have stayed together and the producers know that.
I agree. I also don't think TPTB or Nick are thinking of The Bachelor at all. The whole story arc with Nick from the get-go is whether this will be his "finally! ... 3rd time is a charm". They started with Josh+Nick+Amanda "3rd" losing. Making him "a loser" another time, but with the supporting narration ... the same Nick, but different music ... this time they portray him as a "reasonable voice" and not a "creep" anymore ... making people side with him, be on his train ... excited to discover if he gets his happy ending.

Going for the Bach wouldn't be the "ending" they would develop on BIP with a blossoming romance that gets "interrupted" or as per spoiler "broken" for the inconvenience of the "timing and place". Isn't that the "spoiled reason" for breaking up at the end and not get engaged? ... Something is fishy to me. Also whoever goes on Bach/Bette/BIP with a genuine intent to give a chance to love ... needs to consider a chance of moving ... because rarely people live in their city.

The promo at the beginning of the season was presenting us story of Nick finding "the one" in Amanda (Jen and Josh were not shown) ... with some footage of him choosing the ring, contemplating and looking nervous/sad. Since the story with Amanda is out of the picture (even though they still insert footage of Nick talking about her and Josh and to me that's so "last week") ... now the focus or what TPTB try to persuade the viewers to pay attention to ... is whether there will be engagement between Jen and Nick or will he be turned down once again (3x) ...
spoiler says that this time it's Nick who decides to end things ... for the sake of IDK (pending question)

In the meantime Jen is favoring all things Nick ... and for a girl who Nick didn't want to explore the future with she's way too positive.
@jennifersaviano "Is anyone else joining you this evening?" No... Table for 1, food & drinks for 2. #vegas  ... and posting Forgetting Sarah Marshall, the movie Nick used to quote many times before after the breakups. (link)

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by teamjanner Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:18 am

Just one thought here: I've never cringed so hard at a contestant like I do at Evan. I mean the way he went after Amanda, bashing Josh, his delusion to thinking he has a chance with Amanda and him and Carly just TeamSunshine - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 17 1f637
teamjanner
teamjanner

Female Posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:48 am

I think the spoilers say that Jen/Nick ended on good terms, and basically just decided they didn't want to get engaged (which apparently the couples had to do this year). I put them in a "we'll see after the show" boat like Jared/Caila.

The cream cheese bit with Josh was really freakin' gross and the PDA getting close to Joe/Sam levels of grossness. Also, I hope he offered Amanda some of the pizza in actuality (since they didn't show it). It looked good! That said, he's still an idiot, but so is she, so it works. I do think there is more truth to Andi's book than Josh is willing to admit, though, and that he probably should think about his actions. He also never listened to his Famously Single castmates who basically said the same thing about him trying too hard and that the way he comes across is fake. AND THAT'S FROM CRAZIER REALITY TV PEOPLE THAN THOSE IN THE BACHELORVERSE.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:30 am

As shallow and catty as Emily can be, I did think it was interesting when she said that there was just something about Caila, where she was almost too smily and nice that just made her not really connect with her. Because the sad truth is that is exactly why Caila lost the Bachelorette gig that she was clearly in the running for.

Fleiss basically put it out there that they were considering her (I mean who else do we think gave US Weekly the exclusive about her being the next lead) and the reaction on social media was not positive. People basically said that there was just something about her that they couldn't put their finger on. And I feel bad for her because I actually do think Caila is a sweet person but it was just interesting hearing that opinion from someone who had actual interactions with her.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:35 am

Really entertaining show again, although they're obviously more "produced" than in past seasons.

As far as the Josh/Nick feud, one thing I hadn't noticed before was in the opening credits, Josh kicks a ball and in the next clip, it hits Nick in the head. The producers on the one hand set up this narrative of showing "winner" Josh repeatedly besting "loser" Nick on the surface, but on the other hand, all the editing makes it clear that their sympathies, and those of the viewers as a result, lie completely with Nick, as Josh continues to look like a sweaty shallow a-hole with anger management issues, while Nick is the mature rational guy who everybody likes and respects. It does make me wonder if they are "test marketing" the idea of bringing Nick back a fourth time to be the Bachelor. Personally, I think he would be far more entertaining than either Luke or Chase, who IMO would just be a repeat of the past couple seasons (minus JPG), so I'm all for it. Hope they find him some women in their late 20's-early 30's though. With this crowd, he's mostly babysitting.

Jared is really a sweetheart. He may not be "intellectual" enough for Caila's family, but he is such a good guy, especially the consideration he gave to not hurting Emily's feelings (and she is really an immature catty dumb twit), that I hope they can at least enjoy a nice little romance for a while, even if it doesn't lead to marriage. They're both young, and sweet people who deserve to be with other sweet people. Not at all surprising that they didn't want to stick around in this cesspool once they found each other.

I realize that most of us watch the show to see beautiful people hook up, and Carly and Evan have too many warts (both physically and personality-wise) to qualify, but I enjoy the "realness" their relationship development brings to the show. Yeah, romance ain't always pretty, but it's interesting and even a bit heartwarming to see these two odd ducks try to "mate". And for me, far preferable to watching "pretty" Josh and Amanda moan, groan and eat pizza.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:11 am

lleyki wrote:As shallow and catty as Emily can be, I did think it was interesting when she said that there was just something about Caila, where she was almost too smily and nice that just made her not really connect with her. snipped

IMO the reason Emily and some other's can't connect with Caila, is because they haven't a clue on what being kind considerate and humble means.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:27 am

GuardianAngel wrote: IMO the reason Emily and some other's can't connect with Caila, is because they haven't a clue on what being kind considerate and humble means.

:yes:

IMO Caila losing the Bachelorette gig had a lot to do with social media. For example, Becca campaigned pretty hard for Jojo to get it and a few of the more popular Bachelor twitter accounts wanted Jojo too. I think that false seed of doubt about Caila was also planted before the season even began with the way RS described her. I don't think people would have been as pre-disposed to thinking negatively about her if that hadn't happened. Emily had no problem with Caila during Ben's season, or when they were hanging out in Vegas this past weekend so I find some of her comments somewhat disingenuous.

People are definitely drawn to different personalities but the current climate seems to label drama and negativity as being "real" and kindness and maturity as being "boring". For me, it's when people also deem others "fake" for no real reason that I find it really troubling. Caila and Jared have shown through their own actions that they're sweet, genuine, and respectful people (Emily tweeted that Caila did come and talk to her to make sure she was okay). If people can't see that then that's unfortunate for them. I'm glad that Caila and Jared left the show early and have seemingly enjoyed dating off-screen. They deserve happiness. All JMO.

Last edited by siena on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

"You know what love is? It is all kindness, generosity." ~ Rumi

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:29 am

At this point, I'm at a loss as to how Amanda finds Josh in the least bit attractive.

I like Caila, and favored her for the Bachelorette, but Jojo is more the type the producers tend to go for, so I understood why they picked her. Caila is very polished and genteel, which I think a number of people find off-putting. They misinterpret that as arrogance.

Interesting that Caila said she had gotten the call to go on the show only two days before. It's almost like she was brought on specifically for Jared (or failing that, Nick.)
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by fabgirl Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:20 pm

can someone make a fan thread for the other couples along with josh and amanda for discussion fan forum.
caila and jared seem so calm and sweet together.thanks :cutesmile!:
fabgirl
fabgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 67 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+79
Isabella
TheWrongReasons
Kels0012
loveactually9
mtnlvr55
Stacia620
2observe
hae1001
Cila51290
metalgirl
casjacknick